Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,429 members, 7,808,531 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) (1385 Views)

My Tech Writing Portfolio / My Tech Journey: Noob To Noggler (google) In One Year. / How Can I Develop My App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by ZackOF: 9:23pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hi Fellow Nairalanders/Programmers, I need your opinions and suggestions regarding a particular issue that has been on my mind for some days. Please how can I use my tech knowledge to develop my hometown. I have some ideas but will love to hear your views too but before then, let me give you a brief overview of this my hometown am talking about.

.manmen

Am a Junior Front End Web Developer and I just finished my Bsc program recently and now awaiting NYSC. I came from a very small town in Oke Ogun, Oyo State. This is a very rural area with minimal infrasctructure and little to no exposure to tech. In fact, I can say am the only and first developer/programmer from the area. There is only one government owned secondary school, one government owned primary school and two private primary schools. It is okay to say the place is kind of poor. Folks and youths alike in my town have no exposure to tech and all those programming, coding and digital marketing stuffs other than to chat on facebook and instagram all days along.

Another thing here in my place is that only few of the youths managed to go higher institutions and even after completion of their studies, most of them end up getting unemployed and even some becoming okada riders. I know some of my mates that we attended same school together but now end up with unwanted pregnancies, early marriages and becoming okada riders. Some that managed to dey okay end up with teaching jobs of less than 10k per month. All these summed up together have been worrying me for sometime now. I really want to see the place getting developed with folks coming into tech and exploring different opportunities abound but I really don't know how to go about it. I need you guys to help me out with some suggestions.

Actually I came up with some ideas and here they are:

(i) Host a Tech Conference and Invite Keynote Speakers to Attend and Discuss Topics Like Digital Marketing, Programming, Internet Marketing & The Likes.

(ii) My hometown is known for Garri. As in, day in day out different trucks and trailers do come in batches with those hausa folks to purchase Garri. So the idea is to liase with Garri producers and help them create an online presence like an online store to be able to reach more buyers in other parts of the country and even outside the country ( that is if garri can be exported).

(iii) Yam is in abundance here in my place and i think maybe i should create an online store to help these locals sell yams, reach more people and make more money.

(iii) Build a digital/ict hub to train interested youths/students on internet marketing, programming, digital marketing and the likes so that they will be able to pursue careers in the tech industry and establish themselves.

(iv) Host conferences & talk shows to enlighten the youths on premarital lifestyle/sex, unwanted pregnancies, careers, and life in general. Early pregnancies & marriages are one of the problems affecting teenages and young adults in my area and i hope to remedy this

(v) Build a website for the town and have a sort of database to store all indigenes identities.

These are the ideas I have for now, guys how do you see them. Can I have your suggestions and advices? Help a brother out

cc: Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala OAM4J

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by GuestLog: 9:26pm On Jan 09, 2020
Have you thought about reviewing the town for Google Maps?

4 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by kunlesmiles(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
If u want something for a life time, build a hub and train people, d joy u will have when d trainee start doing xploit will be worth more than gold and silver.

6 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by Abcruz(m): 5:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
I will suggest you build a training center that is affordable to the teeming populace. In so doing, they will learn how to fish and catch up with global trends.

And the joy of being a catalyst of progress is second to none.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by ZackOF: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
Abcruz:
I will suggest you build a training center that is affordable to the teeming populace. In so doing, they will learn how to fish and catch up with global trends.

And the joy of being a catalyst of progress is second to none.
thanks for your input. i appreciate it
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by ZackOF: 1:01pm On Jan 12, 2020
kunlesmiles:
If u want something for a life time, build a hub and train people, d joy u will have when d trainee start doing xploit will be worth more than gold and silver.
ok bro, will surely think about it. thanks
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by ZackOF: 1:02pm On Jan 12, 2020
GuestLog:
Have you thought about reviewing the town for Google Maps?
it is already on google maps. am creating a wikipedia page for the town soon

3 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by imma2real: 4:48pm On May 02, 2023
Hello house

Pls I urgently need contact of good Garri producers outside Lagos or within for serious purchases of Garri in bags. ASAP.
Thank you

Contact or whatsapp
08078685090)
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by truthCoder: 4:57pm On May 02, 2023
imma2real:
Hello house

Pls I urgently need contact of good Garri producers outside Lagos or within for serious purchases of Garri in bags. ASAP.
Thank you

Contact or whatsapp
08078685090)

Come off it.

Scam alert

You just registered account to post this.

Nobody should transact with this person.

You have been warned.

2 Likes

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by Gbengageorge: 12:23am On May 17, 2023
Instead of branding everyone that comes online a scam, why not put measures to checkmate fraud. Like pay on site/sight business. i.e who want to buy, comes to location pays cash for the good and goes away and everybody is fine, "for each transaction", otherwise no business. I dont deny there are scammers, but some people have jam luck on this platform.

truthCoder:

Come off it.

Scam alert

You just registered account to post this.

Nobody should transact with this person.

You have been warned.

Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by truthCoder: 1:26am On May 17, 2023
Gbengageorge:
Instead of branding everyone that comes online a scam, why not put measures to checkmate fraud. Like pay on site/sight business. i.e who want to buy, comes to location pays cash for the good and goes away and everybody is fine, "for each transaction", otherwise no business. I dont deny there are scammers, but some people have jam luck on this platform.

Is that your second account?

It is easy to spot scammers.

Your offer of come to site and pay us one of the common ‘guy-man’ tricks on the streets of lagos. You offering it makes me even suspect you even more.

That post is a scam post. Period.
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by BuyAndSellStuff: 4:35pm On May 17, 2023
truthCoder:

Is that your second account?

It is easy to spot scammers.

Your offer of come to site and pay us one of the common ‘guy-man’ tricks on the streets of lagos. You offering it makes me even suspect you even more.

That post is a scam post. Period.

I sent you a DM
Or drop a mail/number I can reach you
I need your services
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by truthCoder: 5:21pm On May 17, 2023
BuyAndSellStuff:

I sent you a DM
Or drop a mail/number I can reach you
I need your services

truthcoder at protonmail dot com
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by BuyAndSellStuff: 6:41pm On May 17, 2023
truthCoder:

truthcoder at protonmail dot com

Check mail.
Re: How Can I Use My Tech Knowledge To Develop My Hometown(a Small Town) by truthCoder: 7:23pm On May 17, 2023
BuyAndSellStuff:

Check mail.

Responded

(1) (Reply)

Learn Python Programming (promo Price) / Why Java Is Great / Something I'm Working On. Need Contributions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.