Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy - Crime (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy (127740 Views)

Mother Beat Daughter Who Disappeared For Two Weeks During December Holiday(Video / Man Beat Daughter To Death For Using His Phone To Call Boyfriend (Photo) / Pius Nweke Arrested For Having Unlicensed Guns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
franchasng:
I blame the Igbo parents that tolerate such nonsense from their daughter, you dare not try that nonsense with me as your father, never! I will damn the consequences and do the unthinkable!!

There are more than 1 billion able bodied men all over the world who aren't Yoruba Muslim men or Arab men, why must you go against my warnings as my own daughter Its either you prefer to die than live to cross my line!

I don't care if the so called guy will become Bill Gates tomorrow, let him take it to those that care!! I will make sure I provide for my daughter and she must follow my instructions or face the daring consequences of her let down and total disobedience to my counsel!!!

There is a limit to what I can condone from my daughter when it comes to who she marries, I won't joke with that!!

Igbo parents should wake up!!!

You'll end up killing her like this case too, which isn't a bad idea if it makes you feel better.

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
ah Mr born again christian! you still dey alive?
me been feel say u no make am enter 2020 oh grin
Rev FrMbaka says hi

As a born again Christian who is meant to speak the truth at all times, i think you're a agent of evil who is out to test my patience but i pray the holy ghost fire arrest your soul so you can turn to Christ our lord and savior. Amen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Ykc2(m): 2:08pm On Jan 10, 2020
RIP amaka ,you did not see a good Christian yoruba to marry na Ibrahim from ile keun those yoruba alfa with Taliban attire like amaka why? cryI know your parents did not kill you

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 2:09pm On Jan 10, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
The Amaka should have taken her wellbeing into her own hands and left her family.

I've seen an Igbo woman who married a Muslim, so it shouldn't b worth d stress. Everyone should have the right to pick their religion or partner they choose to spend d rest of their lives with
baby mama more like. 4 wives business. Spits on Igbo prostitutes disgracing us becos of 100naira sex.

4 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by adewumiopeyemi(m): 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
I dey tell you they no there. Sef
Sagay212:

Lol...and I am sure we know the people who are always full of hatred. You can imagine hating a tribe so much that you had to kill your child. If we tell them, dem go say we dey jealous.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by NaMeAboki: 2:11pm On Jan 10, 2020
Not surprised at all; these ppl have the capacity to hate like no man's business.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:12pm On Jan 10, 2020
franchasng:
Don't blame or judge them!! You ladies can be so annoying at times with how you rebel against your parents and family because of one useless boy you call boyfriend angry angry

The boy is lucky, if it were to be some parents, he will be uniting with the said stubborn girl under angry angry

When I think of Nigeria as a backward nation and I look further at some regions and their orientation, I get really heartbroken. An adult, for Christ's sake, should be to choose for herself. As a parent, I can only guide her to it. If she fails to heed, I wouldn't kill her for that.

As regards the boy, there's absolutely nothing anyone can do to him. Any violent attempt would not only stop at the death of their daughter.

5 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Opotoyi901(m): 2:13pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wiifesnatcher:

na bitterness dey worry those clowns jawe. my fiance too na Igbo, na me dey give em rod since though I'm a Christian but thunder fire that discrimination

imagine killing a human you can't create because of one useless tribe and religion
The discrimination is too much my 3 sisters got married to christians one is yoruba and the other two are ijaw from delta and my senior brother is now a jehovah witness, everyday he do preach to me to be close to God, and my parent are happy with him cuz they don't give a Bleep which religion we chose all they want is to see us happy, the happiness of your children should be your main goal not some selfish interest.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:14pm On Jan 10, 2020
BiafraforTrump:

Because Linda did not get pregnant at age 18 useless fool..

What you fail to understand is that most ladies that don't get married in igboland have many factors that contributed to it mist especially the osu cast thing, where one can get ready to marry only to discover that his or her spouse is from the OSU lineage , that automatically puts a dent to that relationship, when most ladies like that see they can't wait any longer they now tend to look elsewhere to other tribes to marry them.

Which kind wahala come be this na?

5 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by basic23111: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
tungamaje:
When my son impregnated Amaka, I didn’t reject the pregnancy. I was already used to seeing them together. When it was clear to me that Ibrahim was the owner of the pregnancy, I started taking care of the girl as my daughter-in-law.

Madam, that's not how it is in Igbo culture. If you want to get a daughter-in-law, first approach the parents and pay dowries
is either you are foolish or pretend to be foolish, our do u want them to pay dowry when her parent dont want to see them together.....so killing her is d best according to ur useless culture

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
I fear Yoruba Muslim but fear Igbo women dat have babies with dem more or married to dem and am igbo. As an Igbo person, avoid Igbo married to dem even more than u avoid Yoruba Muslim. Dat person is in alliance with evil.

3 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:15pm On Jan 10, 2020
Opotoyi901:

The discrimination is too much my 3 sisters got married to christians one is yoruba and the other two are ijaw from delta and my senior brother is now a jehovah witness, everyday he do preach to me to be close to God, and my parent are happy with him cuz they don't give a Bleep which religion we chose all they want is to see us happy, the happiness of your children should be your main goal not some selfish interest.

when it comes to religion Yoruba are the most tolerance. the Yoruba Muslims those clowns do chant here self have fear of God than those Igbo that called themselves Igbo Christian/Jew

when you remove Igbo and Hausa religion extremism from Nigeria, there will be less chaos. after those Hausa religion chauvinists, Igbo is another threat to peaceful coexistence

5 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by crafteck(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
fairfora:
Rubbish! There's no need to carry out any further investigations into what killed amaka. The evidence from the witnesses like mrs Ebunola who reported the case to the police before her death, the nwekes' neighbour and the facebook messages between the nurse friend and late amaka should suffice. Instead of beating her, the moment they noticed she was dating ibrahim, why not relocate her to the east to complete her education with close monitoring to prevent them from seeing eachother for a while, in case the parents were interested in her education. The Ibrahim's parents too ought to have advised the lovebirds to focus on their education and not allow the unexpected to happen with stern warning. I remember the day my mum caught me talking to a girl by the fence. She talked my head off that day. I became afraid so , I focused on my studies. This could have helped a lot. The nwekes also had the right to keep their daughter from being released to the Ibrahim's family because no bride price had been paid yet...you can't claim the goods you've not paid for.

That said, I remember when my cousin was dating a girl from the east too. It was like a tug of war. The parents especially the father was expressly opposed to it. The lady's sister even abused her for dating a poor guy who could hardly feed himself. As God would have it, the girl's granddad stood his ground, that he was in support of the union when they were ready, that nobody was born with money, we made it when we came here in this world so, they should stop disturbing them. After series of consultations, they reluctantly accepted and they got married. A few years later, they relocated to canada and now, the father is proud of her. The girl works with a renown IT firm over there and husband works with a robotic firm. He shuttles between South Korea and Canada due to his job schedule. Now, he's pushing for an establishment of the african branch. The company is considering either south africa, Kenya or Nigeria to serve african market. The younger sister who was abusing her of dating a poor yoruba boy is neither here nor there. Her husband she married beats her like hell. The mother had visited my cousin's wife in Canada 2ice to take care of their babies.

Parents should allow their children to marry whoever they like. All these old feud and traditions must stop. This is a new generation who weren't there when it all happened. We only were told the history. Everything we met here would end here. It's high time we began to see ourselves as one. My friend got married to an imo girl and today, they've been blessed with everything people yearn or aspire to have in life.

Thanks a lot.....

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kapeter(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
goaldynman:

You Muslims love Christians as we can see in the suicide bombing in north and slitting of Christian neck on Christmas day?

We can also see your Muslim love every day here in Nairaland where you grin and encourage Buhari to keep marginalizing south easterners and even slaughter them!!
don't you think mama boko haram would disagree with you on this? Or maybe Jennifer Abubakar.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MartinsD12(m): 2:16pm On Jan 10, 2020
Wolgrace:
Look at the way you justify violence, killing, murder and bloodshed caused by the parents because of useless tradition. Tradition is a thief, killer and destroyer.

Love knows no bound and not a respecter man-made tradition inspired by Satan. The parents wont escape the judgement

Why didn't the poor Muslim guy take care of her during the pregnancy if the guy could impregnate the girl he should have taken responsibility knowing fully well the girls parents are poor, if you see evil condemn it, a girl of 18yrs dating what does she know, I have no respect or pity for immorality

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BiafraforTrump: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

Which kind wahala come be this na?
The whole truth
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by NaijaHeadlines: 2:17pm On Jan 10, 2020
Hmm..

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by dominique(f): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
agadez007:
make una self try produce cute girls now so that other tribes can rush your girls the same way you guys dey rush us
cos as it is now,never seen a non Yoruba date a Yoruba babe

You're so wrong on that. Actor UC Ukeje married a Yoruba lady, former Mr Nigeria Emmanuel Ikubese married a Yoruba lady, that former beauty queen that's a pilot (she's Yoruba) got married to an Igbo man, actress Zainab Balogun married an Igbo man. And those are people in the spotlight o, how much more everyday people that are not in the news. The world should have advanced beyond all these tribal discriminations but bigotry keeps drawing us back.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kokoebapluse(m): 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
grin can you see life of igbo? They re usel*ss tribe in Nigeria, the same issue happen where Muslim parent refuse to give the daughter hand in marriage with a Christian guy but they did not kill their daughter, but it happens to igbo now they done kill her because she want married Muslim, and igbo are oloriburuku people walahi Yoruba land belong to muslim and Christian but why you still hate us in our own land what is our offend?

7 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Ikpongiton: 2:18pm On Jan 10, 2020
igbo girl dating a yoruba moslem?it's sacrilege.the girl will go to and her parents?the gallow
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by RichDad1(m): 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
Staro:

Igbo girls are trained not to get pregnant outside
wedlock even to a fellow Igbo boy

Pregnancy out of wedlock is considered a sort of abomination.

I think this particular one worsened by the fact that the boy is
a Yoruba 'Muslim'

Girls like Linda Ikeji, Nkechi Blessings, etc ?

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 10, 2020
IGBO'S + HATRED and BITTERNESS!
Hmm...
undecided

2 Likes

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
LZAA:
Cc immhotep GMBuharii Afamed helinues greenback
Na wa oh

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by iyapont: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Because I'm neither Igbo nor Yoruba.
I'm from Asaba in Delta State, Anioma by Tribe from the Anioma Ethnic Group cool, South South and a Niger-Deltan cool
but the biafrans claim una
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by MartinsD12(m): 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
Shegzy8:

You won't read but only jump to reply.
You that read it why didn't you ask yourself why the yourba guy couldn't take care of the girl's welfare and pregnancy needs why did the girl stay in her poor parents house to die, you got a girl pregnant it's your responsibility to take full responsibility for your actions and not the parents responsibility especially when they are poor, the poor Muslim guy couldn't take care of the girl he is dating

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BiafraforTrump: 2:21pm On Jan 10, 2020
dominique:

You're so wrong on that. Actor UC Ukeje married a Yoruba lady, former Mr Nigeria Emmanuel Ikubese married a Yoruba lady, that former beauty queen that's a pilot (she's Yoruba) got married to an Igbo man, actress Zainab Balogun married an Igbo man. And those are people in the spotlight o, how much more everyday people that are not in the news. The world should have advanced beyond all these tribal discriminations but bigotry keeps drawing us back.

Ugly Yoruba women marrying Igbo man you mean?

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by topboss1: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
dominique:

Igbo president will prove u and Nigeria is biggot country where a people cannot rule their own country. Y are dey in Nigeria den?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by yeyeosoronga: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
dominique:
This is so unfair, very heartless parents. Even if you don't want her to marry the boy due to tribal and religious differences, the moment a child became involved th families have become connected. This is what toxic tribal and religious bigotry does to people. I hope they release the baby to the father's family after he has carried out the appropriate marital rites because they're going to put that poor child through worse suffering than his mother endured.

Which marital rights again? After the girl was murdered by her family?
They should just allow the law take it's course, and his family should take the custody matter to court. Let them be ready to do a DNA and ascertain paternity. Everyone around them knows Ibrahim is the father.
It's mainly poor people that carry tribe and religion for head like gala when marriage matters enter.
It's such a sad story. 'Dying for love'

1 Like

Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by BiafraforTrump: 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
iyapont:
but the biafrans claim una

Is that your nightmare?
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by Kapeter(m): 2:22pm On Jan 10, 2020
77up:
pls no insult intended pls , why is the hate on yoruba Muslim? why is the stigmatism pls ? I seems so confused seen it online here hating yoruba Muslim why pls?
Yoruba muslim are more conservative than their christian counterpart hence the hatred on them.
Re: Amaka Nweke: Parents Beat Daughter To Death For Dating Yoruba Muslim Boy by alfasexy: 2:24pm On Jan 10, 2020
They should have done like me and disowned her.

Their biblical response is uncalled for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (37) (Reply)

Olasunkanmi Esho Kills Wife & Daughter, Commits Suicide In The US / Lawrence Anini: Life And Death Of Nigeria’s Most Notorious Armed Robber (photos) / Rahinatu Is Dead: 'Queen Of Dick, Hajia Pussy' Killed By Sakawa Boys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.