Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,750 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:48 AM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (54345 Views)

Policemen Seen Counting Their Money After A Long Night At Work In Lagos / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Robber Returns Money After Checking Woman's Bank Balance In China (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by dmltoyin(m): 9:41am On Jan 11, 2020
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku

309 Likes 82 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by BabbanBura(m): 9:49am On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku

Cc: lalasticlala

Nice, I have use same method when Airpeace wouldn't refund my airfare for a shifted flight that I cant wait to fly due to the exigencies of the trip

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by dmltoyin(m): 9:56am On Jan 11, 2020
BabbanBura:

Nice, I have use same method when Airpeace wouldn't refund my airfare for a shifted flight that I cant wait to fly due to the exigencies of the trip
fantastic

6 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by javaguru: 10:24am On Jan 11, 2020
Nice, but I would like u to send just 20k to my account and retrieve it back, you can screenshot this message as a proof.

247 Likes 11 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
grin grin grin
Keep deceiving urself. Nothing will happen jare.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by PlaysNigeria: 5:40pm On Jan 11, 2020
No be 4 Naija sha cool
Even the bank wey you dey carry mata go meet sef be scam grin
VirginSearcher:
How can we retrieve Nigeria from Buhari after been scammed angry
grin
Enemyofpeace:
Please don't try this at home or anywhere at all
grin grin grin

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by AmaHopeOn: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Good

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by frankloloko: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2020

12 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nthrone(m): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ohhh Niger , my Niger

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2020

Thanks for sharing OP.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by YOUNGELDER1(m): 5:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
Narialand scammers won’t like this grin cheesy

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by cutiedave(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:
Nice, but I would like u to send just 20k to my account and retrieve it back, you can screenshot this message as a proof.
Madd o grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:

Sharp guy grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by BigSarah(f): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Any bank that places a hold on a customer account because or chats submitted as proof deserves to be sued, chats can be doctored.

Meanwhile

I went to a fake church crossover service and payed offering online, the pastor prophecy never show... Can I use this method to retrieve my money? Abeg
I've his voice recorded

31 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Enemyofpeace: 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
[s]Good morning everyone.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku[/s]
Please don't try this at home or anywhere at all

11 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by VirginSearcher(m): 5:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
How can we retrieve Nigeria from Buhari after been scammed angry

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by bizhop01: 5:43pm On Jan 11, 2020
MMM gang come and line up here embarassed embarassed embarassed

9 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by abumeinben(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Giving it a try
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by noobody(m): 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Very nice tips,
But in most cases,scammers dont keep such money for long in the recieving accounts,once the alert is recieved,they trasnfer it out.
But still doesnt mean the above mention tips are useless.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by hartoyebi38: 5:44pm On Jan 11, 2020
Good one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by wilemer: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:

you should include % chance of success

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by noobody(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
abumeinben:
Giving it a try

Lol,hoping to get scammed?

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Femich18(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thank you
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Madibah(m): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Okay o..
But this won't work efficiently in Nigeria
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by STENON(f): 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
So many scammers list on this thread.
Hope all of them can be tracked and disgraced?

https://www.nairaland.com/3430558/scam-alert-dont-victim-updates

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by 9jayes: 5:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Bank will not help without court order

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by dominique(f): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Most banks don't cooperate and treat scam issues with levity. Even after you get police report and court order, they will still continue pussyfooting till you get frustrated and let go. This is what happens when you get employ graduates who were into internet fraud as students.

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by agulion: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Just don't get scammed, don't be greedy

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by ReeLoaDead(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Good write up OP ... this is must have knowledge in Nigeria
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Qadaffi2idiamin: 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
Now I know how to kwollect all za money buhari sook prom Ningeria... undecided

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lady Shares Pictures Of Injuries Inflicted On Her Mum By Dad (Disturbing Pix) / Pregnant Woman Killed, Stomach Opened In Enugu / Woman Attacked By The "7-Year-Old Boy" Tells What Really Happened (VIDEO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.