Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,419 members, 7,781,223 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:53 AM

How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed (54268 Views)

Policemen Seen Counting Their Money After A Long Night At Work In Lagos / Here's How You Can Retrieve Your Money After Being Duped By Online Fraudsters / Robber Returns Money After Checking Woman's Bank Balance In China (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by MartinsD12(m): 5:46pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku
Very important and interesting topic like this should be encouraged to appear often on news sites not some minors getting pregnant out of wedlock

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 11, 2020
dmltoyin:
Good morning everyone.

I am sharing a knowledge today on "Tips on how to retrieve your money after you have been scammed". Please read careful and learn.

20% of social media users and shoppers have been scammed at one point or the other, either large bucks or small money and It's quite painful.

Many people don't always know what to do, so today am sharing with you things you do, when you realize a page you paid for a service or goods is ghosting you:

1. Screenshot all previous chats across all messaging app (IG and WhatsApp or FB).

2. Write out the Full name and account number of the page or person.

3. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text)

4. Go to the last notification your bank sent you after you made the payment (via mobile app or text) copy out the "TRANSACTION ID NUMBER".

5. Go to any branch of the scam artist's bank (the bank the scammer uses), ask to see the CUSTOMER SERVICE in charge of FRAUD.

6. If you can, print out all those chats with the scammer, and submit it. While you are there, send an email to SCAMMER'S BANK and copy CBN FRAUD DESK (anticorruptionunit@cenbank.org) . this will ginger the bank to take it up fast.

What should you expect from this? The culprit/suspects account will be PLACED ON HOLD. Meaning he/she cannot transfer or withdraw until they visit the bank, and when they do, the bank will contact the police and the suspect when proven guilty will sign a waiver allowing the bank to refund your money.

Source: @etoile_skincare & Kehinde Kenku

Does this apply for wrong transfer too?

I have a current issue, I had transferred money to a wrong account and the woman is unwilling to pay back..

What should I do?

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Revolva(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2020
I have someone to deal with like dis I swear

But are u sure they will refund the money

Cos bank will tell u to bring police report n court order before anything can be done

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by pocohantas(f): 5:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
Lol. The source is a skincare page?

No wonder they think a customer's account would be restricted because you came to the bank with screenshots.

You need police report and court order to restrict an account. Thank you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by abumeinben(m): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
noobody:

Lol,hoping to get scammed?

Hehehe...got scammed actually...tested the dude with 10k and he goofed.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Octopusssy(f): 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2020
pocohantas:
Lol. The source is from a skincare page?

No wonder they think a customer's account would be restricted because you came to the bank with screenshots.

grin
What are Ghanaians doing on your DP? cheesy
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Bambambiglo: 5:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
BabbanBura:

Nice, I have use same method when Airpeace wouldn't refund my airfare for a shifted flight that I cant wait to fly due to the exigencies of the trip

Trip to where? Like say you don see airport before..mtchew

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Udemyacc: 5:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
God punish scammers anyway
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by adonainana: 6:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
This does not work

This only notifies the bank that the transaction may be suscpicious, the bank cannot freeze the scammers account or plac his account on hold. It would only compell it to investigate which may take weeks or months or even years.

The correct thing to do when you have been scammed is the following:
1. Screenshot all the evidence as the OP told you
2.Go to your local Magistrate Court and High court and swear an affidavit as to what happened
3.Apply to a magistrate for an order for the account to be placed on hold
Only a Court of competent jusridction can freeze bank accounts in Nigeria ( Your bank cannot freeze an account unless there is a court order to freeze it )
4.If you are successful with the court order, take it to the bank where the bank would place the scammers account on hold until he comes up with an explanation as to how he got the funds
5. If the SCAMMER has a very sound background, he would go to his local magistrate for the Order to be vacated

AND

1. So in order not to give the Scammer a chance especially if its a lot of money and it is paining you too much
2. Print out in colour copies of the chats, transactions etc the OP sent to you and send write a PETITION TO either ICPC or EFCC
3. Send the evidence and the petition to this email info@efccnigeria.org
4. Try to let you petition include whats called a written submission or a bundle of evidence, perhaps get a lawyer to write it for you.
5. This way it doesnt give who is going to read it headache
6. To help try to include the offences the scammer has commited such as ADVANCED FEE FRAUD, etc
7. Effc have a duty to investigate and they will promptly get back to you
8. Even cases of 100,000 naira and below the EFCC have invesitigated and prosecuted the culprit so dont be discouraged by the amount

If you use this double combo to fight the scammer

Trust me you will get a result or the right punishment for the scammer whether or not he has spent your money
Please contact me should you need any further information

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by able20(m): 6:01pm On Jan 11, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Narialand scammers won’t like this grin cheesy
some of them are already boiling like hot water because they don't want to be exposed.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Cutehector(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
dominique:
Most banks don't cooperate and treat scam issues with levity. Even after you get police report and court order, they will still continue pussyfooting till you get frustrated and let go. This is what happens when you get employ graduates who were into internet fraud as students.
lmao.. Trust me, I have been handling tons of cases like this. It all depends . mark my word, it depends..
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by EmmyOD(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:
Nice, but I would like u to send just 20k to my account and retrieve it back, you can screenshot this message as a proof.
:
Hahaha. Nigerians eeeh. Tuuue

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by HORLALAYO: 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
It's not that easy. No matter what it is,the scammer has to consent to release the funds held and if not,the money belongs to the bank.
The best way is to get a court order especially if the said money is high.
Even after the court order,this is naija,you know how we roll now
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by ademasta(m): 6:03pm On Jan 11, 2020
Correct
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jan 11, 2020
Mind you, scammers are also reading this and will want to restrategize their format.
They may now want to be operating multiple accounts so they can move all the money as soon as it enters into another account.

People should just be careful in their dealings. Thats my own advice.

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by luluosas(m): 6:09pm On Jan 11, 2020
Must one visit the bank before laying a complain?

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Skymason20(m): 6:18pm On Jan 11, 2020
Long process, just look for any of your relative who is into pos business,, body go tell the scamer! Talking from experience
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by jokinexcel(m): 6:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
Thanks
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Cutehector(m): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

I have a current issue, I had transferred money to a wrong account and the woman is unwilling to pay back..

What should I do?
court order
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by ikevictor: 6:23pm On Jan 11, 2020
What if na olosho I pay, e no gree make I do 2x, I fit report am for fraud?

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
most scammers use more than one bank account.they receive in one and quickly transfer to the other one.some use their girlfriend"s account and when e land they quickly withdraw and gbese and leave the babe to shoulder all the wahala.ask all those benin and abuja boys wey dey involve in fraud ask them how dem dey do am cheesy.on the issue of forwarding the chats so what if the scammer and u na for phone una yarn or what of if i get beef with someone then i just form up the chats claiming he is a scammer cheesy.best thing is dont send money to anyone.some days ago some dude using a pix of a female customs officer sent me a message on facebook on issue of unclaimed cars.said i need just to send 100k to his account and he will send one of those unclaimed cars seized by customs to me.i never said i wanted any car cheesy.i know if its some guys here they will fall for it...in short some dudes here fall for the most stupid childlish scams cheesy. customs format is the latest scam fad in town so for any intending mugu or maga shine ur eye abeg.

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 11, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

What should I do?
just confess u sent Tfare to her and babe no gree show grin grin grin grin
who knows..maybe na man masquarading as a lady u even send money to grin

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Edoziesmart(m): 6:36pm On Jan 11, 2020
adonainana:
This does not work

This only notifies the bank that the transaction may be suscpicious, the bank cannot freeze the scammers account or plac his account on hold. It would only compell it to investigate which may take weeks or months or even years.

2.Go to your local Magistrate Court and High court and swear an affidavit as to what happened
Only a Court of competent jusridction can freeze bank accounts in Nigeria ( Your bank cannot freeze an account unless there is a court order to freeze it )
4.If you are successful with the court order, take it to the bank where the bank would place the scammers account on hold until he comes up with an explanation as to how he got the funds
5. If the SCAMMER has a very sound background, he would go to his local magistrate for the Order to be vacated

AND

1. So in order not to give the Scammer a chance especially if its a lot of money and it is paining you too much
2. Print out in colour copies of the chats, transactions etc the OP sent to you and send write a PETITION TO either ICPC or EFCC
4. Try to let you petition include whats called a written submission or a bundle of evidence, perhaps get a lawyer to write it for you.
6. To help try to include the offences the scammer has commited such as ADVANCED FEE FRAUD, etc
8. Even cases of 100,000 naira and below the EFCC have invesitigated and prosecuted the culprit so dont be discouraged by the amount

Trust me you will get a result or the right punishment for the scammer whether or not he has spent your money

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)

Sir your comment is the only useful comment I see on this thread. Even the so called OP was spewing thrash.

Anyway that's show you are very good in your profession, not all those charge and bail lawyers scattered over the country.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by 8stargeneral: 6:37pm On Jan 11, 2020
No retrieve of money after scammed... just be wise!
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by loswhite(m): 7:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
javaguru:
Nice, but I would like u to send just 20k to my account and retrieve it back, you can screenshot this message as a proof.
Lol....so you will stop using bank all together because of 20k.... Nigerian Citizens smh

1 Like

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Ladycewhy(f): 7:27pm On Jan 11, 2020
adonainana:
This does not work

AND

Regards

Samuel Eluyefa
(Barrister)
very help ,thanks, will bookmark his page
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Adexvivacity(m): 7:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
One thing I usually think of is: You scam and still pray to God, your parents are aware and you usually spend the money without sense. Your pastors or alfa are even praying for you. Hmmmm. I dont like to recollect what we have done for fraud stars, the local yahoo precisely. The rest should keep it up till you will scam the last person, the person that believes in the doctrine of Moses couple with Africa magic.
Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by Nobody: 7:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
chuxyfranklin:

What should I do?

I still don't understand how this wrongful transfer is possible. Even if you made a mistake in the number, your app or the bank will say the number is invalid, cause it won't be able to match with another bank?

Someone educate me please..

2 Likes

Re: How To Retrieve Your Money After You Have Been Scammed by zoezoelogistics(m): 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
MyVILLAGEpeople:
grin grin grin
Keep deceiving urself. Nothing will happen jare.

I laugh in Swahili.

This method is as sure as the coming of Jesus.

I used it to get my cash back, involving 3 banks.

I used a GTB card on a STANBIC IBTC ATM machine to make a transfer to a ZENITH BANK account.

The transaction did not succeed but I was debited while the recipient didn’t not receive it.

I followed due process with GTB and STANBIC ,I got no useful response other than “we are working on it”.

After waiting for 1 week if no positive action,I proceeded to do a mail to CBN, reporting the matter to them , then I copied all the banks involved.

I got my cash back in less than 3 hours of sending the mail.

So what do you have to say to this.
Do you still believe it’s a lie and it won’t work?
Well maybe you can wait till you fall a victim and then keep waiting for the banks/scammer involved to refund you with ordinary eye.

Lol.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Identity Of Murdered CRUTECH Student In Calabar Revealed (graphic Photo) / Man Arrested For Sleeping With His Two Daughters In Lagos / Iphone 11 Thief Caught At Computer Village, Ikeja, Receives Multiple Slaps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.