Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,317 members, 7,808,068 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 AM

Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 (45397 Views)

Coronavirus: Bishop Oyedepo To Donate Ambulances And Medical Equipment (Pics) / Paul Okikijesu 2020 Prophecy: Adeboye, Kumuyi, Oyedepo To Die & Not Make Heaven / Bishop Oyedepo To Establish 5,000 Churches Across The World In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by shadeyinka(m): 9:25am On Jan 12, 2020
AntiChristian:

There should be one revealed to Jesus which he preached....
You can't help but expose your dummy like faculty in reasoning.

GOSPEL was not a revelation neither is it a BOOK, it is a message. Gospel an old English word for Evangelio a Greek word meaning "GOOD NEWS"!

Gospel (/ˈɡɒspəl/) is the Old English translation of Greek εὐαγγέλιον, meaning "good news". ... The written accounts of the life and teaching of Jesus are also generally known as "Gospels".

FYI,
Only the Qur'an was revealed/dictated. If you know any other scripture that is dictated, let me know!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Expert17: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2020
Kingzeez10:

Orí ẹ́ tí gbalẹ́,would you have said this if it were to be muslim building this amount mosques?

Ori e ti DARU............

BUhARI shud build factories....

At least Oyedepo have spend money in repairing federal road,... And at least employ millions........
Build schools....

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by femi4: 9:25am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Jesus ordered us to spread the gospel. Stop hating before your time.
And it was done by building Churches into area where Churches are already available there
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by ebony2011(m): 9:26am On Jan 12, 2020
How much did Jesus pay to his disciples? That you would budget 900m on salaries.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by futurism: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2020
grandiose4ever:
I had a thought recently about the Nigerian religious space and economy and I feel sad that Nigeria is not exploiting the benefits of christianedom enough.

One can choose to look Churches from two angles as a govt. A charity or special subset of the service sector - in most cases it should be viewed as Charity. In some other cases it can help if viewed as a service. As a charity it should be tax free, as a service it should pay taxes(5% - 10%) and improve economy.

Since Churches seem to have very strong liquidity and cash flow from foreign countries - they can be encouraged to venture into other areas of the economy.

Case study: when govt liberated higher education and allowed new entrants. Winners Chapel obtained a license in 2002 for Covenant and within 20 years overtook Nigeria's first University of Ibadan founded in 1945.

I have a feeling if they ventured into healthcare and other sectors they would equally succeed.

Privately owned organisation in Nigeria often does well than government owned. You shouldn't expect less.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Babaheekmat: 9:27am On Jan 12, 2020
Salary for work of god?

Where does those millions of naira Coming from..

Mumu pays to pastor..
Thinking they're helping god.

Pastor build more business company
And pastors must deliver money monthly.. Money with a target..

The more you deliver, the higher your rank is.

Stupid fooling Insanity people

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2020
yakson123:
If your village has no church kindly contact us to plat one for your village
The earth must hear about Jesus

There is no village that does not have a church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by futurism: 9:31am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
When this man speaks, my legs are almost shaking. The man too much.
Before the we need more factories and not churches clique arrive, I like to state that gospel ministry is Oyedepo's thing. There are businessmen called by God also and instead of pilling pressure on ministers of God's gospel, let everyone of us strive to know his or her calling and maybe the next poster will be an industrialist and be the one to own 100 factories and create 1 million jobs.

Catholic churches brought more developments to any society than pentecostals. You can take that to the bank. Both are church. Chew on that.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Church is largely a private affair built around mutual belief and as long as they aren't taking your money forcefully, the concept of taxing churches is extremely stupid idea. Let's focus on our taxes being used to build mosques in Jigawa, Sokoto and Kano.

Churches should be heavily taxed because they have converted the scheme into a business where they build houses for rent with church money, build schools that even members cannot afford, etc.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:32am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Jesus ordered us to spread the gospel. Stop hating before your time.

Then spread the gospel like jesus did. Jesus never built any church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Loveknitting: 9:33am On Jan 12, 2020
Sanquine:
Seems we produce more churches and pastors than any other thing in Nigeria. I suggest we should start exporting them to other countries to bolster our economy. cheesy

Seriously we should
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2020
ojoronopay:
Bishop David Oyedepo is God's ordained man and a gift to us with the way this man is building the house of God I wish he can rule this country.

He is winning soul for Christ and also creating jobs for the unemployed what more can I say, than I pray God would give him the strength and energy to push us to our promise land. God bless you sir.

Huawei MTN 4G mifi still available. Unlocked and hacked to work with all Nigeria SIM
Lagos only
call: 081 553 25 936

U mean same oyedepo that was banned from entering the U.K for financial crimes? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by sambass(m): 9:34am On Jan 12, 2020
Religion is scam
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kayjay69(m): 9:36am On Jan 12, 2020
Intelligently written.

Well done.
grandiose4ever:
I had a thought recently about the Nigerian religious space and economy and I feel sad that Nigeria is not exploiting the benefits of christianedom enough.

One can choose to look Churches from two angles as a govt. A charity or special subset of the service sector - in most cases it should be viewed as Charity. In some other cases it can help if viewed as a service. As a charity it should be tax free, as a service it should pay taxes(5% - 10%) and improve economy.

Since Churches seem to have very strong liquidity and cash flow from foreign countries - they can be encouraged to venture into other areas of the economy.

Case study: when govt liberated higher education and allowed new entrants. Winners Chapel obtained a license in 2002 for Covenant and within 20 years overtook Nigeria's first University of Ibadan founded in 1945.

I have a feeling if they ventured into healthcare and other sectors they would equally succeed.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Rebuke: 9:37am On Jan 12, 2020
I laugh at the ignorants ranting against this great man of God here.

If yhu think Bishop Oyedepo is doing all these exploits by his own earthly wisdom and capacity then yhu are definitely deluded!

If God is not backing this man all yhu see today won't be happening in that ministry.

Some of yhu just like to speak blindly, probably out of jealousy or just silly hatred, if not, yhu will have known this man is called of God by now.

Most of the things we are witnessing today we're prophesied by him long ago, so what we are seeing now are just the unfolding of the realities of those prophecies.

Just wait and see, more are yet to be unfolded. Unable go talk tire o. Just hope yhu won't be consumed by yhur own hatred cheesy

Even yhur government needs to learn from this man. Let's give honor to whom honor is due please.

To all the haters and noise makers against what God is doing through this man, watch out for greater things ahead of the church.

Wail all yhu can, spew all the rubbish and hates yhu want, one thing yhu can't do; yhu can never stop the move of God in Winners.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by valuedammy(m): 9:41am On Jan 12, 2020
We don't want Churches, we want factories.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Wiifesnatcher(m): 9:42am On Jan 12, 2020
NaijaDonCast:
and will be generating another billions of naira from those prospective franchise, pastors na enjoyment in Naira Marley voice, na where man put him money na there he dey expect to recover the money, OyedepoMoney

in Fela's voice

Archbishop na miliki
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun

Archbishop dey enjoy, pope self dey enjoy, imam self dey enjoy, no matter where dem dey

Archbishop dey for London
pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca.

my people dem go dey follow bishop, dey follow pope, dey follow imam. dey continue to yab themselves
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Rebuke: 9:44am On Jan 12, 2020
valuedammy:
We don't Churches, we want factories and Infrastructure .

Go and tell yhur government. Beside, what are yhu doing and how much have yhu contributed to the growth of this country?

Abi na only noise yhu wey won dey make on the Internet for yhur life?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:44am On Jan 12, 2020
So long as each branchs' contribution exceeds 90,000/mth this is a better investment than the Stock Exchange
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Antoeni(m): 9:44am On Jan 12, 2020
*America has the biggest economy on earth not the biggest Church
*Germany has the biggest economy in Europe not the biggest church
*America has the biggest factory on earth not the biggest church
*Rwanda has the cleanest city on earth not the biggest church
*China has the highest number of Billionaire not the biggest church
*China has the biggest airport in the world not the biggest church
*Dubai has the tallest building and the largest man Island in the world not the biggest church
*Of the most visited Tourist site on earth none is in Nigeria, not even the biggest church in Abuja attracts tourists. They are not interested of course.
*Nigeria has the biggest church in the world;
It has the most corrupt politicians
It has the the highest number of churches and Pastors, It has the most unimaginable citizens, it has the most divided ethnic groups, the most prayerful people and yet the most inconsiderate at the same time.
*Nigeria is home to the biggest church, the world's poorest citizens and yet 8 out of 20 wealthiest Pastors on earth are from this annexed contraption called Nigeria.

Is anyone still wondering why we are as backward as a people more than ever before, then ask yourself why these countries with the biggest stuff don't have the biggest church.

I stop here, so that i could let you use your natural App inside your cranium called brain for a moment to think about this.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by renzhen: 9:45am On Jan 12, 2020
chronique:
I don't know what Christianity is turning into in Nigeria but one thing I know is that some of these people running churches are becoming daft by the day. I'm not going to talk about Oyedepo cos in fairness to winners chapel, you don't see their branches littering the place up and down. But I have a problem with RCCG where I worship. I attend a small local church that is few buildings away from my house and we are still struggling to build the church to look beffiting. But guess what? In December, RCCG went to plant another church on the same street. This is a street that has less than 40 buildings/houses and already has at least 3 churches on it(including 1 RCCG branch). The various streets leading to this my street also has at least 3 different branches of RCCG. These branches are never filled up on sundays and the only one that gets filled is the very small one that looks like a kiosk. When I assess the whole thing, I begin to wonder if the people responsible for doing these traded their brains for food and money. How do you keep engaging in capital projects that are not fully utilized? How do you plant a new branch of a church on a small street that has a struggling branch of the same church? These days, if you want to see people display acute stupidity, just go to the church.

Used to think I'm the only one who sees this.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Olosu0353(f): 9:46am On Jan 12, 2020
If they have the kind of heart Jesus had they will not be interested in such human heart for stock exchange
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Petersamuel8(m): 9:47am On Jan 12, 2020
Biafrarep:
No problem. Other continents are making exploits in technology, health, research etc and in the process reducing poverty, disease, societal ills to make humanity a better place but what do we have in Africa? Highly religious people that are ironically very far from God!
All we are after here is how to build the highest capacity church/mosque, plant the most church/mosque branches, wasting money and man hours while enriching Saudi Arabia in the name of pilgrimage, killing others everyday in the name of honoring some god, wasting man hours in the name of crusades/revivals/night vigils etc yet evil continues to soar across the land.

We have become the world's poverty capital for a reason!
We are today housing the world's two deadliest terror groups for a reason!
We are today suffering all manner of crises for a reason!
We are doomed going forward because we have refused to evolve like normal humans!
According to Charles Darwin's theory, those that fail to evolve will ultimately go extinct and their is no doubt we are already going extinct!
Bible warned us that people die because of lack of knowledge yet we have refused to be reasonable!

We are already poverty stricken but these stinkingly rich pastors keep warning us of Doom befalling us if we refuse to hand over 10% of our widow's migh
They can build 1 million churches, buy 10 private jets, and enjoy their heaven while still here on Earth but promise us our own heaven when we die.

God have mercy on us and deliver us from ignorance and lack of knowledge!!!

You are a very big fool, us it the church that is suppose to provide all those things?

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Nobody: 9:47am On Jan 12, 2020
SaintLucia:

RICHEST CHURCHES IN THE WORLD:

1- Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints- $67.0 billon

2- Catholic Church - $30 billion +

3- Catholic Church Australia- $20.9 billion

4- Catholic Church Germany- $25.0 billion

5-Church of England $7.8 billion

6-Opus Dei (part of the Catholic Church) Italy- $2.8 billon

7-Church of Scientology- $2.0 billon

``NOW OBSERVE THAT THERE IS NO.....

RCCG
Winners
Christ Embassy
Synagogue
*No Pentecostal church at all*.

RICHEST PASTORS IN THE WORLD:
1 Bishop Oyedepo - $150 Million
2 Bishop TD Jakes - $147 Million
3 Pastor Chris Oyakhilome - $50 Million
4 Pastor Benny Hinn - $42 Million
5 Pastor Adeboye - $39 Million
6 Pastor Creflo Dollar - $27 Million (He used to be #1)
7 Pastor Kenneth Copeland - $25 Million
8 Evangelist Billy Graham - $25 Million
9 Prophet TB Joshua - $10 Million
10 Pastor Joseph Prince - $5 Million

*Observe again that none of the 4 richest churches mentioned have their leaders on this list of the Richest Pastors.*

The Pope is not there.
The Arch Bishop of Canterbury is not there.
The Bishop of Opus Dei is not there.
The Director of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is not there.

```NOW OBSERVE AGAIN.```

*6* out of the *10 Richest Pastors* are *blacks* , with *their congregation being predominantly black* .

4 out of the 10 richest Pastors have their *churches in Nigeria, the poverty capital of the world, the 147th most corrupt nation of the world, the home to the second deadliest terrorist group, the most unsafe place to give birth to in the world.*

Observe as well that the Richest Churches are situated in

1- USA
2- Vatican City
3- England

These are amongst the safest, less corrupt and most prosperous Nations.

*What a Paradox!! Jesus Christ fed the multitude, but in Nigeria the multitude feed the Men of God and General Overseers.*

_BBC Africa_
Source of Data used: Wikipedia

I'm not a spokeman to those richest pastor on your list but it will be fair if you look at your analysis in the holistic approach.
All the churches you listed have a written constitution.that will not allow any of the presiding bishop or pope to have such money in his personal coffer. The guiding rules of those churches are older than some of those in the their leadership positions. And each church has all over the world have it own Peculiar spirit that makes the church functional. (Read Revelation chapter 2 and 3).
In many Pentecostal churches , the Constitution of such church is written in align with the vision and Revelation of the founder from God. The founder determine a lot of things in that Church..i don't have problem with that if the vision and Revelation is truly from God but where I'm having problem is that so many Pentecostal pastor establish their churches to make ends meet. There's no call whatsoever from God. They devise all kind of means to buy Bentley, Bugatti., Private jet and to amass wealth....
The fault is not from them , the fault is from their congregants who are spiritually blindfolded and allowing themselves.to.be used to achieve their aim. There's more to churches than what you see at the periphery.of it. I will suggest that if a congregant is not satisfied with the way the founder of his or her church is spending his.money, he can leave the church for wherever church that is pleased with..nobody is forced or coarse to settle in particular church. The issue.we are having in this country is much more than this trivia issue
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Rebuke: 9:48am On Jan 12, 2020
Antoeni:
*America has the biggest economy on earth not the biggest Church
*Germany has the biggest economy in Europe not the biggest church
*America has the biggest factory on earth not the biggest church
*Rwanda has the cleanest city on earth not the biggest church
*China has the highest number of Billionaire not the biggest church
*China has the biggest airport in the world not the biggest church
*Dubai has the tallest building and the largest man Island in the world not the biggest church
*Of the most visited Tourist site on earth none is in Nigeria, not even the biggest church in Abuja attracts tourists. They are not interested of course.
*Nigeria has the biggest church in the world;
It has the most corrupt politicians
It has the the highest number of churches and Pastors, It has the most unimaginable citizens, it has the most divided ethnic groups, the most prayerful people and yet the most inconsiderate at the same time.
*Nigeria is home to the biggest church, the world's poorest citizens and yet 8 out of 20 wealthiest Pastors on earth are from this annexed contraption called Nigeria.

Is anyone still wondering why we are as backward as a people more than ever before, then ask yourself why these countries with the biggest stuff don't have the biggest church.

I stop here, so that i could let you use your natural App inside your cranium called brain for a moment to think about this.

If yhu and yhur entire house holds could at least do 1/1 , 000 000 of what Bishop Oyedepo has done for this nation, we will have moved a step closer to all the nations yhu just mentioned.

Yhu and yhur likes are the reason Nigeria is still backward my brother. Only Internet noise, no personal or visible contributions to the economy but just blame and hate for those doing so much for the nation already. Don't die of Internet wailing and hate abeg. Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by FIRDAUS3(m): 9:49am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Church is largely a private affair built around mutual belief and as long as they aren't taking your money forcefully, the concept of taxing churches is extremely stupid idea. Let's focus on our taxes being used to build mosques in Jigawa, Sokoto and Kano.

Remember to quote your brother GEJ, those churches he built for Catholics during his regime
When the governments regain her gumption nobody will tell them how to tax religious body undecided

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by gregyboy(m): 9:54am On Jan 12, 2020
CodeTemplar:
When this man speaks, my legs are almost shaking. The man too much.
Before the we need more factories and not churches clique arrive, I like to state that gospel ministry is Oyedepo's thing. There are businessmen called by God also and instead of pilling pressure on ministers of God's gospel, let everyone of us strive to know his or her calling and maybe the next poster will be an industrialist and be the one to own 100 factories and create 1 million jobs.

If there is button for dislike it will rake more than your like

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by kareemkamil(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2020
This Oyedepo na crook and he is intensifying his need's from poors, hell fire awaiting you Oyedepo. Idiot lunatic thief.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Antoeni(m): 9:55am On Jan 12, 2020
Well I can see that you are one of his Blind Victims, Enjoy your Ignorance

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by Jokerman(m): 9:59am On Jan 12, 2020
AntiChristian:
Yeah, keep building churches, building expensive schools and collecting tithes!

In the other news I hear one other pastor says his Churches will be as big as Ibadan!

How big was Jesus' Church?

You no dey tire??

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by jaxxy(m): 10:00am On Jan 12, 2020
grandiose4ever:
Breaking:

Bishop Oyedepo Announces Plans to Plant 10,000 Churches this Year.

*Now to spend extra N900 million ($2.5 million) on pastors monthly salaries above January 2019.
* To employ about 12,000 more staff.

Leke Beecroft

Bishop David Oyedepo has just announced the planting of 10,000 more churches this year adding to about 11,000 churches presently which will make 21,000 churches at the end of the year.
It will be recalled that the church planted her first 5 churches in 1987 and by 1994, she reached out to African nations. Church Gist.

In 2001, she reached out to other continents of the world and by December 2009, she had a total of about 700 churches.
The Church planted about 1,200 churches in 2010, 1,500 in 2011 and 2000 by 2012 respectively.

She announced about 5,600 churches excluding Lagos as at the end of 2014. Added to some 150 churches planted from 2015 to 2018 as well as 5,082 planted last year, the churches reached about 11,000.

Bishop David Oyedepo announced in December 2019 that Winners Chapel planted 5,082 churches and employed 6,000 full time pastors over these churches in 2019 with a consequent N300 million increase in the Church budget.Church Gist.

The emphasis this year is to double the number of branches worldwide with an extra monthly wage of at least N600 million. This therefore totals about N900 million increase in the salary of pastors over January 2019 and the employment and training of about 12,000 more members as pastors considering that the cost of doing so last year has not increased.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1910646359079226&id=444807728996437

Welcomed development, I hope pride doesn’t kick in, pastors shud be humble. God is the greatest.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo To Plant 10,000 Churches In 2020 by VirtIQ: 10:00am On Jan 12, 2020
Hardly would you hear such from islam. Its always church,church,church. Technology wise we are zero. Nothing is working,not one thing has been invented,exploited. Every damn thing is damn imported. Fuc k all u church shiit.
Its always church,church. My gad,Who cursed nigeria. See God of men like oyedepo . He's own god is all about extra money,pride arrogance, more money,prosperity,blessings,enjoyment,boastful,quick to curse and anger,false prophecies.
Fak

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

William Kumuyi Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Winners Chapel Aka Living Faith Glorify Satan, Illuminati And Freemasonry / Love Ogah, Bishop Oyedepo's Daughter, Lovely In New Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.