Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,705 members, 7,802,099 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:12 AM

Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg - Autos (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg (7728 Views)

Flashy 2008 Volkswagen Touareg Available For Sale / SOLD ✔️ew Months Used 2008 Volkswagen Touareg For Sale / Used & Fresh 2008 Volkswagen Touareg 105K Miles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by greatstephenho(m): 12:47pm On Feb 26, 2020
JasonAbass:
That car is a money pit. Better get a scanner and service manual to go along with it. If you must get a German car, I would advise BMW and Mercedes and nothing else.

BMW is a good option
say what you no and stop confusing people

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Nobody: 12:47pm On May 04, 2020
Who drives a 2007 Touareg. Need to know what to look out for in buying a used one.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Nobody: 10:10pm On May 05, 2020
Guys how far now.
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by nedekid: 10:46pm On Oct 19, 2020
Who drives a 2007 Touareg. Need to know what to look out for in buying a used one.
Them no go tell you.
Make sure you have a second car sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Bettycars(m): 11:51pm On Oct 19, 2020

You go suffer in the name of maintenance

Do you kbiw how much it costs to maintain such car in a Nigeria where the repairers are few and body parts scarce in auto markets?

Coupled with Nigerian road cheesy

Do you even know its fuel consumption?

There's a reason why Nigerians love cars like Toyota

They don't consume fuel much, especially in this harsh economy where money scarce, a small fuel goes a long way

Toyota spare parts are everywhere in Nigeria market and they are cheap too.

Their repairers/mechanics are common too.

So know say there is reason why Audi is not common on Nigerian roads
The reason most Toyota’s don’t consume fuel is because they have small engines. Engines with 1.4, 1.6, 1.8 would consume less when you compare German cars that have bigger engines from 1.8 to as high as 5.5 for some Mercedes Benz S class. Toyota is just being too overrated. Bigger engines as long as they are well maintained last longer. I am telling you from personal experience as a user of cars with bigger engines.
Most Corolla have 1.4 engines, so why would it not consume less fuel.
If you want to know the difference between these Toyota and their German counterparts with bigger engines just drive up a hilly road and see their RPMs they you would see the difference is clear

2 Likes

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Bettycars(m): 11:52pm On Oct 19, 2020
richPHAROAH:
i intend to buy ans suv this week. i noticed that Volkswagen Touareg and audi Q7 are actually cheap compared to other suv with same specs.
i am more interested in the audi q7.
why dont nigerians buy these cars.
outside nigeria, audi is regarded high class.
an example is the car in the pic. 2010 foreign used for 3.5 mill
Because they don’t know. These are high quality cars with high performance engines
Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Bettycars(m): 12:07am On Oct 20, 2020
I have a colleague who use till date a Mercedes Benz E class that has gone 999,999km and counting again and the engine is still running as new due to routine maintenance. Nigerians with bad maintenance culture blame the vehicles when they fail to maintain these vehicles. In many parts of the world you still see old school German car up and running. The legendary V boot or Mercedes are still here to stay.

3 Likes

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by cleakoms: 1:28pm On Jan 31, 2021
The comment below is the correct one. I live in Belgium and I can tell you that Audi is a par with Mercedes and BMW. VW Toureg is a luxury SUV and check the price of the new one to confirm. VW are built to last almost forever with mileage reaching 1Million KM. The issue with Nigeria is that the middle class and the poor who cannot afford luxury will try to justify why Toyota or Honda is the best butn it is pure bullshit. You can change cheap toyota parts 10 times while you will only change expensive Toureg part only once. At the end the Totoya will cost you more in maintenance. Please dont go to road side mechanics to fix your Mercedes, VW, Audi, BMW and the likes.

code9:

I own two VW Touareg T3 VR6 exec/lux models. one is 2011 and the other 2013. Coming from a person that has owned Toyota Highlander 2009 model, Mercedes E350, I can tell you that VW is the best car I have ever driven for my money. The off-road capability of the Touareg makes it a perfect case for our Naija bad roads. Just don't buy the model with Air suspensions, they can be very expensive to fix. People say the price of VW parts is expensive. Yes this is true. But on what basis are you comparing it to? This car is in Audi Q7, Porsche cayenne, and ML350 segment. The front headlamp of my TReg costs between 90 - 100k (one unit), the front headlamp of 2012 ML30, Audi Q7 and GLE cost even more.

These are german machines, please stop comparing them with Highlander. The TReg is over 6000 lbs weight. meaning its body was built with solid aluminum metal. It will drive for years without going out of shape. The highlander, even Opay motorcycle and disfigure it in a minor accident.

Earlier versions of Treg 04-09 models were known for electrical problems, but tech has come along way since then and this car is beautiful as hell.

Year on year, TReg and Audi are not cheap at all compared to Toyota. Also Nigerian market tends to make the toyota products over valued due to belief or reliability.

Every car. I repeat every car will die if not properly maintained. Touareg and Audi are luxury vehicles, and shouldn't be compared with Toyota.

2011 - 2014 Treg is between 8.5m - 13.5m
2011 - 2015 Audi Q7 is between 9m - 15m toks
2011 - 2014 Highlander is between - 6.5m - 12.5m

In terms of Fuel consumption, The Touareg TDi has the best mpg of any of the 3 mentioned SUV. The VR6 petrol cylinder isn't bad as well but its mpg is still as good the higlander at 19mpg vs 19.5mpgs. This is still very impressive considering the amount of torque and horseposer the Treg engine churns out.

My brother, if you have money, buy a good car and enjoy it. Treg and highlander are not mates. Treg is basically a 5 seater version of Q7 since they share the same parts and built from same factory line.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Dont Nigerians Buy Audi Q7 And Volkswagen Touareg by Timagex(m): 8:34pm On Sep 06, 2021
oginga:
I drive an Audi A6 manual gearbox and Mercedes Benz ML 350 automatic transmission. I can categorically say that German cars are the real deal, they are durable, good for everyday use but requires regular service... As far as you are ready to service your car as and when due with original parts then you are good to go.

Again avoid Shakiru mecho, Taju foga and Fatai break_master. These set of road side hustlers will destroy your car in no time, go to well known mechanics in your area who are qualified to fix such cars.

Good luck!.

I like the Audi A4 2007/2008 model. Would you advise for a manual shift or an automatic transmission? Good evening...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Very Clean Toks Mercedes Benz 200E V-boot Manual Drive 4 Sale @ 370k / Windscreen Repair, Headlight Restoration And Computer Engraving / Nigerian Banks In Seme Border

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.