Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,617 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:15 AM

My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. (4148 Views)

Things I Found Out About Sweden! / Lagos To Abuja By Road: A Nairalanders Experience / A Nairalanders Experience Applying For Belgium Visa Via VFS Global (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by jhybho: 1:54pm On Jan 11, 2020
"oga i no get anything for you o", was the phrase of the day as we made our way through the tiring process of the Muritala Mohammed airport Ikeja, Lagos.
Like wetin, Na work you dey, Na trip me I dey go.
I was invited to Accra by a friend for the afronation festival that was held at Labadi beach, Accra last week of December last year. It was a really big thing because it was the year of return for Ghanians in diaspora all over the world, apart from the festival we visited a couple of places and mingled with the locals, it was a eye opening and exciting experience for me. I summed my experience up in these four points, enjoy it.

Firstly Foreigners that came to Ghana for the year of return were trying to be as African as possible and most times they end up trying too hard. I saw a woman that had cowries all over her cap, her top and her wrapper, a white woman. I was wondering as an African if you can actually dress like that on the streets of Lagos, yes of course you can you might just end up being snatched and dumped in a rehabilitation Center somewhere that doesn't function half of the time. And the worst thing about that kind of scenario is that you keep shouting nothing is wrong with you and they won't believe you because they feel the exact reason nothing is wrong with you is because you actually don't know a lot is wrong with you.

There was a lot of foreign accents like wtf I could not differentiate between who were the real foreigners and the wannabes. I'd like to visit Ghana when it's just more of the Ghanaians alone I'd probably enjoy it more and be duped less with no weird accents around and stuffs.

Like everyone of us Ghanaians like money a lot. If you visit any Restaurant with a larger percentage of foreigners present at that moment, you'd be served last even if other ones start coming in after you yes, they expect you to understand. You are their brother. Those real foreigners tip real good in certain currencies.

Last thing, I'd love to visit Ghana over and over and over again. I enjoyed every single second of my time there. Ghanaians are nice, their food is great I'm not jumping on the jollof debate so don't go there. Big ups to Ikeade for making it possible. And to the staffs of Maple leaf hotel Achimota. they probably wont see this but Thanks to you guys. Peace!

7 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by GuestLog: 2:00pm On Jan 11, 2020
Ghana is one country I'd like to visit someday. I ate keinke one time in Lagos and felt like I got slapped by seven spirits grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by jhybho: 2:02pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pictures

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by jhybho: 2:10pm On Jan 11, 2020
First food is groundnut soup and fufu with goatmeat.
Second one is Banku and Okro soup with crabs and all sort of crazy stuff.

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by jhybho: 2:13pm On Jan 11, 2020
Pictures

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by jhybho: 2:15pm On Jan 11, 2020
GuestLog:
Ghana is one country I'd like to visit someday. I ate keinke one time in Lagos and felt like I got slapped by seven spirits grin grin grin
Lol, you'd enjoy every bit of it trust me

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
I miss the fufu and correct light soup Chai grin and the kose and the jollof depends on the cook that prepared it though.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by finalboss(m): 3:45pm On Jan 11, 2020
Wow
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by pocohantas(f): 3:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
Nice pictures, OP.
Obviously you enjoyed yourself.

Who knows where I can get kenke and wanche in Lagos? Makydèbbie, hope I spelt it right.

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by psalmsmiles(m): 4:07pm On Jan 11, 2020
great

1 Like

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by CAPSLOCKED: 4:21pm On Jan 11, 2020
jhybho:

Last thing, Ghanaians are nice, their food is great

PEOPLE ARE USUALLY NICE WHEN YOU ENTER ANYWHERE AS A VISITOR.... THEIR TRUE COLORS COME ALIVE WHEN YOU OVERSTAY YOUR WELCOME. cheesy

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 5:17pm On Jan 11, 2020
pocohantas:
Nice pictures, OP.

Who knows where I can get kenke and wanche in Lagos? Makyebbie, hope I spelt it right.

Ejigbo. That's where we used to buy. She's from Togo I don't know if she's still there.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 5:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
jhybho:
Pictures

Eii, you came to my area. Osu. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by pocohantas(f): 5:52pm On Jan 11, 2020
makydebbie:

Ejigbo. That's where we used to buy. She's from Togo I don't know if she's still there.

What is this one writing?
So, I should go to Ejigbo and stand? Abi na the whole of Ejigbo she dey? angry angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 6:22pm On Jan 11, 2020
pocohantas:

What is this one writing?
So, I should go to Ejigbo and stand? Abi na the whole of Ejigbo she dey? angry angry
grin
Na where I remember.
Then I'll ask my mum and reply you offline. grin
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by andybini(m): 6:38pm On Jan 11, 2020
We also lodged at Maple leaf hotel during our family reunion in November, the place was great.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by andybini(m): 6:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
Tilapia fish stew with jollof rice. Ghanaians tend to eat large portions and they seem to not like pepper.
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nanatrendy(f): 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

PEOPLE ARE USUALLY NICE WHEN YOU ENTER ANYWHERE AS A VISITOR.... THEIR TRUE COLORS COME ALIVE WHEN YOU OVERSTAY YOUR WELCOME. cheesy
more like when you misbehave
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nanatrendy(f): 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
andybini:
Tilapia fish stew with jollof rice. Ghanaians tend to eat large portions and they seem to not like pepper.
that's the essence of shito, it's for those who love extra spice

2 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by leonard002(m): 6:48am On Jan 12, 2020
I will use this year's vacation enter Ghana
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 7:07am On Jan 12, 2020
Ghana is a very very nice and beautiful country.
In my stay in Ghana the Ghanians i made friends with and met where extremely nice to me.

Well i understand it's because naturally i am likeable. There is no where i go that people will not like me, it's just part of my Aura.

I love and enjoyed my stay in Ghana, i will go back again for holidays probably before the end of this year.

Believe me when i tell you that Ghanians are nicer than Nigerians.

Though some uneducated ones can be jealous though but it's normal because there are always bad eggs in all country.

Mehnn i remember when some of my female friends in Ghana were teaching me how to speak Ghanian language. What a sweet memory.

Very lively ladies, funny and so caring.

Oh now thinking about them is getting me emotional.

If there is one truth i want to make clear in this thread with all sincerity, is that Ghana Jollof rice is the best in Africa.

Take that from me that spent 90% of the whole of last year in Ghana.

I love Ghana.

2 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by WorWorBoy: 7:24am On Jan 12, 2020
SaintsSamurai:
Ghana is a very very nice and beautiful country.
In my stay in Ghana the Ghanians i made friends with and met where extremely nice to me.

Well i understand it's because naturally i am likeable. There is no where i go that people will not like me, it's just part of my Aura.

I love and enjoyed my stay in Ghana, i will go back again for holidays probably before the end of this year.

[s]Believe me when i tell you that Ghanians are nicer than Nigerians.

Though some uneducated ones can be jealous though but it's normal because there are always bad eggs in all country.

Mehnn i remember when some of my female friends in Ghana were teaching me how to speak Ghanian language. What a sweet memory.

Very lively ladies, funny and so caring.

Oh now thinking about them is getting me emotional.

If there is one truth i want to make clear in this thread with all sincerity, is that Ghana Jollof rice is the best in Africa.

Take that from me that spent 90% of the whole of last year in Ghana.

I love Ghana[/s]
Your low self esteem stinks, work on yourself nigga.

12 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 7:51am On Jan 12, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Your low self esteem stinks, work on yourself nigga.
Is it the Jollof rice that is paining you?

Nigeria is my country but you all will jump at mentions of people that dares to say it as it is and when it's not in the favour of NIGERIANS. Crackheads like you will start talking about low self-esteem.

Mr Suffer and smiling, have you been to Ghana?
Have you tasted their Jollof rice?

If "No" is your answer then kindly shot the fork up and go drink water.

I didn't even talk about the hundreds of ways why Ghana is more better than Nigeria.

Can you take a stroll by 11 to 3 in the middle of the night in anywhere in Nigeria without getting attacked by cultist, agberos, thiefs, Police, SARS, army, armed robbers and Even Evil spirits?

But in Ghana, I've walked in Ghana in the street where i resided at 11 at night, I've booked an Uber on many occasions by 11 to 12 midnight and they came in less than 20 minutes to my service, we have droved in a car in Ghana by 3 to 4 in the morning when coming from the club or all night Church service.

No police or cultist harassment, no seeing of Evil spirits like in Nigeria. grin

Should we talk about electricity?

Last year i lived in Ghana for about 8 months and no sign of Generator noise.
It was 24/7 electricity nonstop.

Should we talk about how Good their roads are?

How they obey traffic rules.

Should we talk about how nice they are?

The earlier Nigerians face the Truth that Nigeria is a zoo, NIGERIA is one of the worst country on Earth, the better for we.

If we don't fight the government now and take a stand against corruption then the suffer continues.

If not for my family and loved ones and my good friends, i would have prefer to be born as a Ghanaian than a Nigerian.

So don't quote me and tell me Rubbish.

Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 12, 2020
pocohantas:
Nice pictures, OP.

Who knows where I can get kenke and wanche in Lagos? Makydebie, hope I spelt it right.
Answer me na grin

How's your America boyfriend? cheesy
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by makydebbie(f): 8:07am On Jan 12, 2020
andybini:

You sure?
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Pandorah(m): 8:24am On Jan 12, 2020
pocohantas:
Nice pictures, OP.

Who knows where I can get kenke and wanche in Lagos? Makydebbie, hope I spelt it right.
I can cook them for you
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by WorWorBoy: 8:29am On Jan 12, 2020
SaintsSamurai:
Is it the Jollof rice that is paining you?

Nigeria is my country but you all will jump at mentions of people that dares to say it as it is and when it's not in the favour of NIGERIANS. Crackheads like you will start talking about low self-esteem.

Mr Suffer and smiling, have you been to Ghana?
Have you tasted their Jollof rice?

If "No" is your answer then kindly shot the fork up and go drink water.

I didn't even talk about the hundreds of ways why Ghana is more better than Nigeria.

Can you take a stroll by 11 to 3 in the middle of the night in anywhere in Nigeria without getting attacked by cultist, agberos, thiefs, Police, SARS, army, armed robbers and Even Evil spirits?

But in Ghana, I've walked in Ghana in the street where i resided at 11 at night, I've walked in Ghana, booked an Uber, we have droved in a car in Ghana by 3 to 4 in the morning when coming from the club or all night Church service.

No police or cultist harassment, no seeing of Evil spirits like in Nigeria. grin

Should we talk about electricity?

Last year i lived Ghana for about 8 months and no sign of Generator noise.
It was 24/7 electricity nonstop.

Should we talk about how Good their roads are?

How they obey traffic rules.

Should we talk about how nice they are?

The earlier Nigerians face the Truth that Nigeria is a zoo, NIGERIA is one of the worst country on Earth, the better for we.

If we don't fight the government now and take a stand against corruption then the suffer continues.

If not for my family and loved ones and my good friends, i would have prefer to be born as a Ghanaian than a Nigerian.

So don't quote me and tell me Rubbish.

Nonsense!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why will their jollof rice pain me I don eat am be4?
You keep screaming Ghanaians are nice Ghanaians nice but they are the ones closing Nigerians shop, asking every Nigerians to leave their country grin grin

Yes I can't walk around 11 pm in Nigeria thanks to you criminals you're the ones who invented Cultism Yahoo boys
Money rituals and co ,you are the ones who ruined this country not government. Ghanaians obey traffic lights Lmao let me ask one question. Are Nigerians law abiding? everywhere you go you destroy it with your lawlessness from south African to the united state India and Malaysia's

Yet you open that your stupid mouth to talk Nonsense here.
Nigerian is five times bigger than Ghana there's no way we can have electricity 247 heck even Ghanaians don't have electricity 247.

Nonsense. Is you I know. cheesy grin

3 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by NaijadrivaCars: 8:45am On Jan 12, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

True
Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Nobody: 8:56am On Jan 12, 2020
WorWorBoy:
Why will their jollof rice pain me I don eat am be4?
You keep screaming Ghanaians are nice Ghanaians nice but they are the ones closing Nigerians shop, asking every Nigerians to leave their country grin grin

Yes I can't walk around 11 pm in Nigeria thanks to you criminals you're the ones invented. Cultism Yahoo boys 419
Money rituals and co ( You are the one who ruined the country not government cry . Ghanaians obey traffic lights LMAO let me ask one question. Are Nigerians law abiding? everywhere you go you destroy it with your lawlessness. From south African to the united state India and Malaysia's

Yet you open that your stupid mouth to talk Nonsense here.
Nigerian is five times bigger than Ghana there's no way we can have electricity 247 heck even Ghanaians don't have electricity 247.

Nonsense is you I know.

Jeez!!!!!!! Arguing with you can reduce my IQ.

Just take a look at the jargons you wrote?

You are not even ashamed of yourself.

So because some parts of Ghana decided to close Nigeria shops, Is that why you say Ghanians are not nice?

Even at that, the reason why some did that are even justifiable, yes i say it again. It's justifiable. Because as you have rightly said. NIGERIANS create problem everywhere they go, so when the people are tired of your problem, it's only right they ask you to leave.

But will that even justify what Nigeria government did to Ghanians years ago during the "Ghana must go era"?

The same Ghanians the NIGERIA Government pursued are the ones that have developed their country and now Nigerians are running there just for security and electricity.

The fact that their prisons is filled with Nigerians should tell you how problematic some NIGERIANS are in Ghana.

But be it as it may, the truth is that if you respect yourself and obey the law in Ghana.
Police will not give you a problem.

I will say it again, the standard of living in Ghana is 100 times more better than that of Nigeria.

You said because we are larger than Ghana then we should not have 24/7 electricity?

Damm!!!! Frankly speaking, you write like a village boy.

3 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by WorWorBoy: 9:18am On Jan 12, 2020
SaintsSamurai:

So because some parts of Ghana decided to close Nigeria shops, Is that why you say Ghanians are not nice?

Even at that, the reason why some did that are even justifiable, yes i say it again. It's justifiable. Because as you have rightly said. NIGERIANS create problem everywhere they go, so when the people are tired of your problem, it's only right they ask you to leave.

But will that even justify what Nigeria government did to Ghanians years ago during the "Ghana must go era"?

The same Ghanians the NIGERIA Government pursued are the ones that have developed their country and now Nigerians are running there just for security and electricity.

The fact that their prisons is filled with Nigerians should tell you how problematic some NIGERIANS are in Ghana.

But be it as it may, the truth is that is you respect yourself and obey the law in Ghana.

I will say it again, the standard of living in Ghana is 100 times more better than that of Nigeria.

You said because we are larger than Ghana then we should not have 24/7 electricity?

You are dumb very dumb.
Comparing Ghana a country with 30 million+ plus people to Nigeria a country with 190 million + people shocked shocked

Are you even normal, isn't it obvious? The former stand a better chance of living than the latter.

And yet, you still have the nerve to talk about IQ ? when you have nothing in that empty head of yours.
Carry your fish brain away from me asap. grin grin

3 Likes

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by Pandorah(m): 9:29am On Jan 12, 2020
WorWorBoy:
You are dumb very dumb.
Comparing Ghana a country with 30 million+ plus people to Nigeria a country with 190 million + people shocked shocked

Are you even normal, isn't it obvious? The former stand a better chance of living than the latter.

And yet, you still have the nerve to talk about IQ ? when you have nothing in that empty head of yours.
Carry your fish brain away from me asap. grin grin

Can you listen to yourself?
Please read what u just wrote sloooowly and assimilate each word.
Is Nigeria's population bigger than Chin?
You have your answer....
Nigeria as a country has enough to take good care of her citizens and 5 other African countries.

Please be guided, don't just type for typing sake.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. by crash12345: 9:34am On Jan 12, 2020
SaintsSamurai:

But be it as it may, the truth is that if you respect yourself and obey the law in Ghana.

geez bro,am a Ghanaian who randomly stumbled on this site and that dude worworboy or whatever has been hating on Ghana ever since and there are about five of them who troll anything about Ghana on this site.
Their shear hatred for Ghana can give them a heart attack cos anytime Ghana is mentioned, they're there to attack.I don't know maybe a Ghanaian once took his girlfriend so he has been bitter since.So it's not about you or against you that he's fighting buh he's strongly fighting because you have praised his sworn enemy which is Ghana buh the funny thing is he has never stepped his broke azz foot in Ghana before buh he hates this country soo much buh he has never seen before. Leave him to wallow in grief and self-hatred.Ghana is bigger than his entire generational line or anything he can imagine.

Feel free to enjoy Ghana as much as you can.We're all one

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Yuletide: LASG Says Law Banning Boat Operations After 7pm Is Still In Place / Go To Nigeria With Empty Nigerian Passport / Got A Job In Dubai, Should I Take It Or Leave It?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.