Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,492 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? (400 Views)

Are Introverts Born Or Made? / A 70-year-old Man Is Madly In Love And Obsessed With Me. / Things Introverts Have Done To Avoid People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by nlPoster: 6:32pm On Jan 11, 2020
Every now and then, one or more threads about introverts pops up.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by Sunnycliff(m): 7:20pm On Jan 11, 2020
They are next door neighbors to suicide and their lifestyle have a thin line away from depression.

So we need to help them
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by olabrinks(f): 7:50pm On Jan 11, 2020
As much as I adore introverts as I’m on myself, I think there’s a thin line between introverts and social anxiety disorder/extreme seclusion. I think social anxiety needs to be seen as a disorder that needs to be worked on, it’s not acceptable or normal. To isolate yourself in your room or away from people for days/weeks is a serious problem. That is not the behaviour of an introverted person.

1 Like

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by nlPoster: 7:57pm On Jan 11, 2020
no bile please, why do I always have to ask people to behave and stop bitterly commenting on every topic?

It's exhausting.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by Oluromantic: 7:58pm On Jan 11, 2020
The fact is extroverts don't have time for a forum like this; they're out there catching fun. For a person to sit down alone expressing him/herself through a blind media such as this, there must be a large amount of introversion in such a person. So it's not surprising that introverts dominate here

4 Likes

Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by nlPoster: 7:59pm On Jan 11, 2020
olabrinks:
As much as I adore introverts as I’m on myself, I think there’s a thin line between introverts and social anxiety disorder/extreme seclusion. I think social anxiety needs to be seen as a disorder that needs to be worked on, it’s not acceptable or normal. To isolate yourself in your room or away from people for days/weeks is a serious problem. That is not the behaviour of an introverted person.

The attention given to introverts on nairaland is too much and is more of an obsession.

As long as not everybody is introverted, I think introverts should be left alone. It's intrusive or insensitive always criticizing them and making them feel abnormal.

The indices for judging when a habit or behavior becomes a societal issue, should not be only because someone is not as extroverted as you'd like. There's more to it than that.
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by Nobody: 8:41pm On Jan 11, 2020
The fast pace at which the 21st century moves is not really all tooo convenient for the introverted person and especially those with a temperament of a melancholy nature... So they usually recline to a such avenues as NL Facebook and other not so flashy SM where they can unwind and engage the world at their own pace and terms... + the natural deep thinking nature of introverts allows them to grasp accurate meaning and fully extrapolate that meaning to a number of societal issues and discuss such in a profoundly fundamental way which is what we come here to do... Not as if you would understand considering the tactless manner with which u asked such a valid question..
Re: Why Are Nairalanders Obsessed With Introverts? by nlPoster: 8:42pm On Jan 11, 2020
No personal attacks please.

**Nigerians** undecided

(1) (Reply)

Grass To Grace / View On Sex / ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.