Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,942 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:37 AM

Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima (596 Views)

Tanko Yakasai: Amotekun Will Promote SouthWest, Southeast, Southsouth Secession / Akeredolu: I Am Not Bothered If Amotekun Will Cost Me Second Term Ambition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by Theenchanter2: 8:50am On Jan 12, 2020
The Arewa Youth Consultative Forum has commended the newly-inaugurated southwest security network codenamed ‘Operation Amotekun’, saying that it will go a long way in promoting community policing in the zone.

A Chieftain of the forum, Alhaji Yerima Shettima, in a statement issued in Abuja on Saturday, expressed support for the establishment of the agency.

Shettima also distanced the forum from a Northern group which had earlier condemned the initiative by the southwest governors.

He urged Nigerians to disregard the insinuations on social media that he and his group were against the inauguration of the security agency in the zone. According to him, the inauguration of ‘Amotekun’ is commendable, as it will complement the efforts of the Federal Government to secure lives and properties of Nigerians.

“I am an advocate of community policing. If I now come out to condemn the inauguration of ‘Amotekun’ in the southwest, that will be counter-productive. “So, I commend the initiative and I will encourage citizens to cooperate with the system to ensure effective operations, which certainly will bring about secured society,” the forum’s chieftain said.

He urged the Northern Governors’ Forum to come up with a similar programme constitutionally-recognised to protect the North. According to him, it is a good thing that even the North-West governors are already thinking along that direction.

https://punchng.com/amotekun-ll-promote-community-policing-arewa-youth-consultative-forum/
Lalasticlala, mynd44
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by Theenchanter2: 8:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Alhaji shettima, the former borno state govenor and chieftan of AYCF has spoken, he even asked Nigerians to disregard previous northern youths opinion about amotekun.
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by Christonjnr(m): 8:54am On Jan 12, 2020
every tribe should be allowed to operate their own poli� �ce.
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by BuhariAdvocate: 8:57am On Jan 12, 2020
Atiku is a wicked man. He always hidden under darkness and executing evil.
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by updatechange(m): 9:35am On Jan 12, 2020
AMOTEKUN is here to stay bad belle stay far away.
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by Nobody: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Atiku is a wicked man. He always hidden under darkness and executing evil.
Nairaland should create a rehabilitation center for m@@d people. Where in the post was Atiku's name mentioned ?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 12, 2020
Theenchanter2:
Alhaji shettima, the former borno state govenor and chieftan of AYCF has spoken, he even asked Nigerians to disregard previous northern youths opinion about amotekun.

Not that shettima... that one does not have sense.. 70% of aids and grants went to Borno state in millions of dollars from various countries, yet nothing meaningful.
Re: Amotekun Will Promote Community Policing... Shettima by ORIENTATION101: 12:07pm On Jan 12, 2020
Theenchanter2:
that's not ex borno gov. Shettima now is a senator representing borno state

(1) (Reply)

Buhari In Ondo To Commission Projects (Photos) / APC Crisis Deepens As NWC Dismisses Court Order Vacating Oshiomhole’s Suspension / The Poor Northerners That Got Buhari's COVIK Bucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.