Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,328 members, 7,780,825 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:28 PM

Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond (561 Views)

Ooni Of Ife Meets President Buhari Over Ogun And Lagos Oil Deposits / Daniel Set Booby Traps All Over Ogun For Me —amosun / Disquiet As Lagos Takes Over Ogun Border Communities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond by knotty(m): 6:11pm On Dec 05, 2010
The Vice-Chancellor of the Crescent University Abeokuta, Prof. Sherifdeen Tella, has resigned his appointment as the institution‘s helmsman, allegedly on the account of the Ogun State controversial bond saga.

Tella, who confirmed this on Saturday, said the resignation takes effect from Monday.

He said, ”You will recall that I sent a letter to Ogun State House of Assembly on May 24, 2010 to the effect that the House should not approve the request for N50bn loan for government to offset existing loan unless for development.

“I have since been facing threats and intimidation from government officials. My employer, Prince Bola Ajibola, made public apology on behalf of himself and his university. I refused to do the same, hence, the pressure that he should sack me; but I now opt to resign.”

He stated that he was given a choice between public apology and renouncing his position on the bond issue or keeping his job in the university and at the State University, Ago Iwoye.

He said, “The choice was between public apology and renouncing my opinion on the bond issue to keep my job in Crescent University and OOU; or maintain my stand and lose the two.

”I opted to resign from Crescent University and return to OOU where Governor Gbenga Daniel is the Visitor and get ready for battle of survival.”

Efforts to get the reaction of the founder of the university, Prince Ajibola on the VC‘s resignation failed, as he did not respond to the many calls and text message sent to his phone by our correspondent.

The state, it will be recalled, wanted to obtain a N50bn bond, an action that attracted strong criticisms from citizens of the state, including the vice-chancellor.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201012052583325
Re: Vc Resigns Over Ogun Controversial Bond by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 05, 2010
issues inthis country are going from worse to worst and Pdp members are responsible for 99.9% of Nigeria's problems

(1) (Reply)

Your Safety Tools / A Christmas Nightmare Averted: Lessons From 2009 ‘underwear Bomber’ / Is Jonathan Goodluck a Toy Or a Real President?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.