Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,009 members, 7,806,935 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:19 AM

Being Born Again!!! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Being Born Again!!! (163 Views)

Chris Oyakhilome: Don't Send Any Of Your Wives Away If You Become Born Again / What You Need To Know About Being "Born Again" As A Christian / Born Again Lady Removes Her Tattoo With Hot Iron (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Being Born Again!!! by Dollarseeker: 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2020
Being Born Again

The preacher: If you want to give your life to Christ, repeat this prayers after me. . .
"Lord Jesus. I repent of my sins. Come into my heart. I make you my Lord and personal saviour. Amen."
The preacher: If you just said that short prayer, you just got born again. Congratulations! Get yourself into a
good bible church. . .

Cut!!!

Apologies to all my friends who believe that to be born again is to merely recite the prayers called "sinner's
prayers" where you accept Christ as your personal Lord and saviour, after which you are congratulated as one
who is now born again.
It is necessary we remind ourselves that the prayer is not biblical; it is not what the Bible meant when it talked
about being born again.
The confession and acceptance of Christ to be our Lord and personal saviour is good, but to have said it, is not
to have been born again if we are to follow the bible. Saying the prayers is just at best a step towards being born
again.
Biblically, to be born again is to be BAPTIZED. Full stop!

Rev Fr Kelvin Ugwu MSP (Missionaries of Saint Paul)

https://mobile.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2621830914599947&id=2149201088529601#comment_form_2149201088529601_2621830914599947
Re: Being Born Again!!! by Dollarseeker: 5:34pm On Jan 12, 2020
When we are baptized, we become Christians, children of God and members of his Church. Being born again is to be born in the Water and spirit( Sacrament of Baptism). Read the gospel of Saint John chapter 3, the Meeting of Jesus and Nicodemus. Quite explicit. Take Note; anyone can be baptized, regardless of their age including and infant and the aged.
Re: Being Born Again!!! by Kobojunkie: 5:41am On May 13, 2023
Dollarseeker:
When we are baptized, we become Christians, children of God and members of his Church. Being born again is to be born in the Water and spirit( Sacrament of Baptism). Read the gospel of Saint John chapter 3, the Meeting of Jesus and Nicodemus. Quite explicit. Take Note; anyone can be baptized, regardless of their age including and infant and the aged.
Not anyone can be baptized, according to John the Baptist in Matthew 3 vs 7 - 11 who instead explained that baptism requires active effort to abandon the Old Law(way) in order to follow the New Law(Jesus Christ) and this through obedience. Infacts have no real understanding of this and as such cannot be truly baptized. Baptism requires conscious abandonment of God's Old Law and adoption of God's New Law and Covenant in the Kingdom of God, what Repentance really is about. undecided

(1) (Reply)

He Causes Them To Receive The Mark "in"... / Can God Be Silent To Wickedness Of Men? / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When You See Ever Green Growing Vegetation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.