Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,311 members, 7,808,050 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? (55878 Views)

12 Health Uses Of Aidan Fruits: Tetrapleura Tetraptera (photos) / Soldier Uses Bag For His Stomach After Being Injured At The Battlefield. Photo / Yoruba Herbs: English Name & What They Are Uses For (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 13, 2020
dipson4u08:

hahahahahahah

olodo
hybiscus kooor, ribena niiiiii

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Olodo tiyen
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mbenny:
it is not new. zobo is hausa name and sorrel is the English name.
And hibiscus?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
FloraEC:

That's Red Acalypha flower ma and not hibiscus flower
Thank you. Offcourse I knew it ain't hibiscus

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by updatechange(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2020
AbiBuruji722:
It's used for baby rashes

lapalapa grin
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Odunolumide(m): 7:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:
"Ewe dongoyaro"... remedy for malaria and typhoid fever cheesy

liar
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by succana: 7:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
That's cat tail Acalypha. Different from zobo leaf
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by merits(m): 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

Pls, I would like to know the name & what it's used for?
Ask them now.are you afraid of them?or see us resemble herbalist here.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Waakanda: 7:47pm On Jan 13, 2020
Odunolumide:

liar

... ni e
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Odunolumide(m): 7:56pm On Jan 13, 2020
Waakanda:

... ni e
Do you know who I am?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mignone(f): 8:27pm On Jan 13, 2020
LadySarah:
The red acalypha flower. It's in the family of hibiscus. It's not edible but it's boiled and the water used to bath infants ...

Cc Enn214
You're right abt d pics&use of red Acalypha bt dis pic u got here's diff frm what d op presented.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by delpee(f): 8:31pm On Jan 13, 2020
It looks like Red Acalipha which is good for treating baby’s skin problems especially...notably the one Yorubas call eela. Just boil the leaves and use the water to bathe the baby for some days.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:34pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's hibiscus flower, popularly used for zobo undecided

Tah!
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mignone(f): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
horpigee1:
op. this is the correct answer for your question.
they call it lapalapa here in osun state,
note.. I don't know what they call it in another state
It's d Red Jatropha sir
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by xcelentattitude(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:
Outsiders have been coming to my compound to 'deform' this flower I used in decorating my house. They say it's medicinal

This is why I don't like Nigerians, they're not scientific at all. They don't even like taking risks.

OP, go and cut a considerable quantity of that leaf, wash it and put it in the kettle to boil. Drink it for 3 days, come back and tell us what you observed grin lobatan!
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 13, 2020
xcelentattitude:

Tah!
ogini
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Mbenny(m): 8:55pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
And hibiscus?
yes it's an hibiscus
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by lonelydora: 9:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:

You are losing money ooo. My people perish for lack of knowledge
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
eddyline:
Red acalypha ( acalypha Wilkensiana). Used to treat skins disorders in children

We need more people like you here. This thread and forum is a joke.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by LadySarah: 9:05pm On Jan 13, 2020
mignone:

You're right abt d pics&use of red Acalypha bt dis pic u got here's diff frm what d op presented.

It is. The other is still at the early stages.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by biggy26: 9:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
That's hibiscus flower, popularly used for zobo undecided
Loooool! which school you go?
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 13, 2020
biggy26:

Loooool! which school you go?
One Western school like that.

1 Like

Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Garnsh18: 9:37pm On Jan 13, 2020
Enn214:

They cook it and then give the baby to drink. They also bath the baby with it. It's for treatment of jadi-jadi or enla (not sure about the spelling). My big Sister used it for her kids then.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Enn214(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
how come it only works for babies
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by stevups(m): 9:57pm On Jan 13, 2020
RedAkaliva, it cleans rashes, eczema. If your wife just gave birth to a baby, it can be used to wash both...
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by jimmyLd101: 10:44pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ayofaks:

Ewe dongoyaro bawo cheesy grin
Dongoyaro ko lapalap ni. Etie ma dake die se wan fi se yin ni
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Ddontee: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's very important in South especially, it's used on new Born's for after birth body rashes on there skin.
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Irshittabey: 1:46am On Jan 14, 2020
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by Irshittabey: 1:51am On Jan 14, 2020
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by sammy329(m): 5:58am On Jan 14, 2020
It's Jatropha gossypifolia..

Not Acalypha wikenesia
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by samteebiz3: 9:59am On Jan 14, 2020
iEatAnus:
It is used as Anus sweetener. The people in your environment like to savour scrumptious anus...

Have you eaten monkey anus before? With the sweetner, I'm sure you going to love it! And if you don't mind my grandpa has a monkey whose anus you'd find very refreshing!!! Radarada!!!!
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by mignone(f): 5:38am On Jan 15, 2020
LadySarah:

It is. The other is still at the early stages.
K ma'am
Re: What's The Name & Medical Uses Of This Flower? by ade4rskaj: 2:22pm On Jan 15, 2020
The name is Jatropha

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Ways To Get Rid Of Cockroaches At Home / Doctors Remove 40 Knives From Man's Stomach In India (pic) / Sukru Oytan, Turkish TV Presenter Collapses, Suffers Heart Attack Live On Air

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.