Stats: 3,150,372 members, 7,808,296 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? (16996 Views)

Salesforce Administrator Training Or Mentor / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? / Online Training Or Physical Class Training: Which Is Better? (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by tityboi: 9:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by abumeinben(m): 9:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
blesskewe:
Please this is urgent, at least before Wednesday

I had a slot for lastma job and am going for the screening on Tuesday
And
On the 2nd we were told at our church about a vocational center sponsored by the church at abeokuta
This school is for a period of nine months,during that period u would have five certificate when graduating
Test trade, napteb, hnd or ond, an international exam like that .also am learning shoe making presently but hey these are opportunities and am just confused
They would buy all the needed materials, accommodation and feeding
Just for me to buy personal stuff.
Mind u it's a well known vocational center

Now am just confused
Should I go for the program or the government job

Madam, you better get job fess....and learn shoe making later. Nor be all lastma officials dey road.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by blesskewe(f): 9:58pm On Jan 13, 2020
abumeinben:

Madam, you better get job fess....and learn shoe making later. Nor be all lastma officials dey road.
I said am a cobbler already
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Deflames01(m): 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
Pls take the job first. Once you can stand on your own you can learn any skill.
It will also be an added experience. a bird in hand is worth thousands in the Bush.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Ddontee: 11:06pm On Jan 13, 2020
You can do both. Go for the Lastma interview and also join the training the next day, so if u were called for the lastma job, evit yourself from the training and go for your job. All 5 certificate in 8month, when people that wrote Jamb never get admission for 1 certificate.���
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Originalsly: 11:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. Did you find out the status of the 5 certificate trainees from the last batch?....are they all employed?... and where? It seems you are looking at 5 certificates.... are they recognised? Is it wise to let this job offer pass you by..... do the training... and then try to apply for this very job?....if and when next they be hiring?
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Timekeeper: 12:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Lamanii22:
Vocational skill is what I will go for..

Sorry ma, she wasn't talking about u.. So edit ur post
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Timekeeper: 12:31am On Jan 14, 2020
blesskewe:

Bros thats y am asking na,besides it's urgent for me

U too think am na, I spent 4 years for nd and hnd plus 1 year IT .. My colleagues spent 5 years for hnd too

U wan spend 9 months collect am, I swear God no go gree 4u oooo.. What happened to us dt spent 5 years to get it.

What'i am trying to say is that they nd or hnd u will be given na fake.. Trust me

Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by sulaak(m): 2:16am On Jan 14, 2020
nakaman:
Get a job, then go to school, it's ur timing, there are weekend programs n evening programs, no excuse.

My advice is to always select work when it's available, especially in a country like Nigeria. The best education is what you get from working, full-time education, in my opinion, is overrated. The best option is to work and study, it will require a lot of hard work, sacrifice and dedication but the results are immense because in today world you can access part-time degrees courses across Nigeria, you can also study for a European or American degree with EDX or Coursera. Employers will prefer a graduate with both work experience and education, this is your chance to have both. Good Luck in your future endeavour.

BTW skills in shoemaking is a brilliant opportunity if you can raise the necessary funds to build your own business.

NB: Any work experience is better than none.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by frozen70(f): 7:02am On Jan 14, 2020
blesskewe:
Please this is urgent, at least before Wednesday

I had a slot for lastma job and am going for the screening on Tuesday
And
On the 2nd we were told at our church about a vocational center sponsored by the church at abeokuta
This school is for a period of nine months,during that period u would have five certificate when graduating
Test trade, napteb, hnd or ond, an international exam like that .also am learning shoe making presently but hey these are opportunities and am just confused
They would buy all the needed materials, accommodation and feeding
Just for me to buy personal stuff.
Mind u it's a well known vocational center

Now am just confused
Should I go for the program or the government job

Pls go get the lastma job, secure that first

There will always be training and training anytime, this particular one is not the last one

There are no jobs out there, secure this first and hold it then you think of how to manipulate your way from work to go for the training if need be

Alternatively put any of your siblings to attend or your wife to be to attend it
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by wengerman: 8:38am On Jan 14, 2020
what is the monthly take home of lastma.what they live on mostly is egunje and money gotten from illegal arrests which comes with its curse.latsma is not a career job.you have to be merciless and ruthless to make money in latsma which comes with curse and the risk of giving u cursed money.so think wisely and let the holy spirit guide u
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Twist4u: 9:42am On Jan 14, 2020
Go for the job. I repeat Go for the job. U can use money to acquire any skills u desire later in the future.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by b5ive(m): 1:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
Get the skills, forget the job. Trust me, with that skill u would create more jobs in no time.
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by abumeinben(m): 2:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
blesskewe:

I said am a cobbler already

Great!

You got the skill already. Get the job and start making shoes for lastma officials.

Abi nor be so?
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by SRK1(m): 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
I WROTE AN AMAZING, RAW, TRUTH-TO-GOD SUMMARY OF A TOP-TEN BESTSELLER OF ALL TIME, THINK AND GROW RICH!

Are you one of the advocates that book summaries are a bane to the publishing world, because there’s no way their publishers would have listed out the same examples that would have applied to you? Do you feel that you will be denied of much longer reflection that’s normally part of reading full-fledged books? Or do you feel that you might find reading book summaries extremely too easy? If you feel any of these, you are absolutely right! And, indeed, book summaries might not be meant for you. But please stop for a moment and remember that book summaries may not necessarily serve as replacements for their original counterparts, but rather, act as a useful complement (either acting as a prescreen to reading the book, or as a tool to consult to check if you have missed any reference). For these reasons, ebook summary is here to stay, and herein, I am offering you a once-in-lifetime opportunity to read a summary of one of the greatest books ever written!

This report has the potential of transforming your life, giving you a career, or helping you to find your life purpose (Yes, that’s an ambitious claim, but this guide will fulfill it.) This summary fully encapsulates everything in the original book, and has the added advantage of being a mere 30 minutes read (compared to the several months or years of time it would have taken you to fully read and comprehend the original book)!

If you decide to read this summary, you can start picturing yourself in any or all of these situations, because this summary will definitely elevate you to a new state of mind where all riches, self-esteem, fulfillment, and other goodies of life are easily attained:

Cars: You can start picturing yourself in the fastest and finest cars you can ever dream of, because this summary will teach you how to make the needed money to get them.

Houses: For the same reason as above, you can also start picturing yourself coming out, entering, or relaxing at that fantasy house of your dreams.

Fulfillment: You will definitely feel accomplished after reading this summary (somewhat) and (certainly) after acquiring all the riches this summary will have helped you attain.

Self-esteem: You can boost your self-esteem right away by reading this summary.

Life Purpose: Most people spend their entire lifetime searching for their life purpose but never discover it! But by reading this summary, you will finally remove the road-block.

Peace of Mind: Jeez! Who doesn’t want peace of mind? We all absolutely do!

Fine Girls – Hmm, are you the lusty type? That’s perfectly fine. Even this book (Think and Grow Rich) acknowledges that the most successful men in history were men of highly developed sexual desires. Also, when you make your big money, you will certainly be in the right places to meet these girls.

Now, having said all that, dear reader, I hereby present to you an amazing, truth-to-God tool for your immediate advancement and attainment of your deepest desires, among which is the accumulation of great wealth. It is indeed a God-sent opportunity for you to be reading this message. What’s more, I have proceeded to make this summary available to you almost for free! The price is only a measly N100.

Therefore, will you not prove to be appreciative and wise by actually making a purchase and doing so promptly? I trust you to make a wise decision.

The way to order is by sending me this message on WhatsApp (WhatsApp no: 09096416132): “Hi Abiodun! I want a copy of the summary of THINK AND GROW RICH immediately! Where’s the account number to send money? Thanks!” And I promise to reply you promptly and act gentlemanly.

See you at the other end!

Keywords: Self-help book, career book, career advice, how to make money, enormous riches, self-development ebook, big money
Re: The Training Or The Job: Which Should I Choose? by Mom007(f): 11:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
You ASKED for advice, people took out their time to give you some yet you are still arguing with them! If you had all the answers, why did you bother asking for advice?

Nigeria Immigration Service Application Forms On Sale For The 2012/13 Intake / Does Your Income Seem Insufficient? Here’s How You Can Boost It / Tired With Ican Exams!