Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,129 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:26 AM

I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused (25283 Views)

Children In Fiji Swim To Get To School (Video) / They Told Us To Go To School But... / Meet Moses Onamade Who Never Went To Secondary School But Was HOD In UNILAG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by giftblaise(m): 10:16pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bro chat me up via Facebook Obri Godsgift or WhatsApp +2347085843992 let's talk OK I will help you without collecting a dine
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Greatfullheart: 10:54pm On Jan 13, 2020
emmysolo2001:
Good evening everyone.

So I'm an aspiring medical student. I've been at home since 2016 till date. I wrote JAMB 4 Times. The first score was 196, second was 203, third was 210 and I worked harder and got 218 this year.

Yes it is not enough because I'm an average student hoping to study pharmacy in university of Uyo but I got my first admission from Obong University Uyo to study biochemistry and I agreed but honestly I hate the course. It has no relationship with what I want to do.

Now I'm scared of never getting to study what I really want.

Is there anyway I can study pharmacy because I can't do transfer and change my course?

Or do I write jamb again?
You Beta Take It. Time Waits 4 Nobody. Or u Can Buy Change Of Course Form if Possible i Wrote Waec in 2014 Jamb in 2015, scored 186 got Admission In Auchi poly now Killed Me With Carry Overs now I Couldn't Even Boost Of National Diploma(ND Result) my Parent Say I Should Go And Learn Work. Learn Fr

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
spiceadole:

Ake mmi,nke ka ufok nwed nkakiet.
Nke Kod medicine
Nnam utom isua ita ke Nigeria ke UUTH ..mbemi iso,Ami ndaka obio mbakara ke 2019.

wow and I'm now working in the same UUTH as the Librarian in their Library Unit
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by pennywys(m): 12:25am On Jan 14, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Da owo kpong ika ufoknwed, abiad idem mfo ini.
ka ke yem ubok utom kpeb.

Would you shut that dirty mouth of urs

Useless fool
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by pennywys(m): 1:11am On Jan 14, 2020
emmysolo2001:
nyem mma yak nka ufoknwed

Although the Obong University is of low standard in a sphere of competitive educational curricula, I would encourage you to accept the offer. Few years ago I was to study med/surgery in one of the universities in the south-south states but was given biochemistry instead of my preferred course, I accepted the offer and I graduated there with upper credit, took a master program in human physiology at same university which I graduated with upper class too. thereafter I proceeded to a university in Granada, Spain which I study public health at master level. Returning back to nigeria I was working with federal ministry of health before I quite the job for a lecturing job at the same university I bagged my first degree. I just finish my PhD in Haematology and Immunology, fortunately my hard work my earn me professorship in a short time. Life is a journey and it doesn't matter where you start, but where and when you end it. Accept what it is and study harder and make the best of your life. Don't subscribe to the idea of quiting ur quest for education for a handwork. You need more than handwork and money to remain relevant in a society where intellectual elite exist.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by guiddoti: 1:46am On Jan 14, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
Good one! Do you have translator? I really want to read this comment.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by samuelson06(m): 2:32am On Jan 14, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

Da, you no be graduate? Why you no wan the guy go school nah?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by samuelson06(m): 2:35am On Jan 14, 2020
guiddoti:
Good one! Do you have translator? I really want to read this comment.

What he said in other tongues is that learning a trade is better than going to school.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Goddamilola(f): 6:56am On Jan 14, 2020
The truth is, we don't really know what a course entails until we are into it. Do you know that you may start the biochemistry and feel like it is what you are made for despite the fact that you hated it from the beginning. It's best to be open minded always. Don't conclude on a thing from afar, try it out cos you may be throwing away something great that God has brought your way.

I advise you accept/continue biochemistry. Well, try another Jamb and see what you get out of it because this course may turn out your best offer so you don't have regrets and unnecessary delay.

All the best.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2020
samuelson06:

Da, you no be graduate? Why you no wan the guy go school nah?
because me wey graduate con know say the thing na scam.
when we were kids we were being lied to and deceived that education is the key.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 7:39am On Jan 14, 2020
pennywys:

Useless fool
Mynd44 Lalasticlala Dominique Seun Rule 2 has been broken.
Please do the needful.
Thanks and good morning Mods
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ucee1999: 10:06am On Jan 14, 2020
Amstupid:
Study marlians course instead grin
If I meet you there eh!

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by samuelson06(m): 11:53am On Jan 14, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
because me wey graduate con know say the thing na scam.
when we were kids we were being lied to and deceived that education is the key.

Education makes one complete and not necessarily to use and get a job. It helps in all areas of life. Even though it seems like education in Nigeria has no value, I still recommends it.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by SamgoldBaba: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bigboy289:
it has commenced
Alright, thanks
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by KennyGO(f): 12:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good day, You need to focus on what you have in mind..
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by guiddoti: 2:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
samuelson06:

What he said in other tongues is that learning a trade is better than going to school.
Thank you. When people begin to think like this, it shows level of frustration that the country has induced on them. Going to school gives you edge to do professional business but trading without school will only limit your professional acumen to some level. School before trading and trader before schooling don't operate on the same scale.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by samuelson06(m): 3:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
guiddoti:
Thank you. When people begin to think like this, it shows level of frustration that the country has induced on them. Going to school gives you edge to do professional business but trading without school will only limit your professional acumen to some level. School before trading and trader before schooling don't operate on the same scale.

You're right and like you've said, the government has really disappointed Nigerians. It takes faith to still believe that you can make out something good of yourself. Many have given up already, some merely believe and hopeful of the future while others [like my humble self] have decided to fight on and do what they feel would change their status. I still support acquiring education irrespective of the widely held assumption that education has no value in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Edoziesmart(m): 3:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
Rushtec:
All these small small girls who spent most of their time in Romance land. How ll u skull 290 in Jamb??

Engrish is hard my brother grin grin
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Edoziesmart(m): 3:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Better go for your dream course. I once passed through such stress then. I wrote jamb 3 times just to study professional course in one of the best Nigeria public university. But I later settled to study the afformentioned course in a state university instead of federal university. Currently I'm a graduate.

So my point is don't allow anybody to deceive you to settle for mediocre course, when you can still make it again this year to study your dream course.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Benjanyne: 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
Edoziesmart:
Better go for your dream course. I once passed through such stress then. I wrote jamb 3 times just to study professional course in one of the best Nigeria public university. But I later settled to study the afformentioned course in a state university instead of federal university. Currently I'm a graduate.

So my point is don't allow anybody to deceive you to settle for mediocre course, when you can still make it again this year to study your dream course.
[/s]
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Benjanyne: 3:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
[s]
Edoziesmart:

Engrish is hard my brother grin grin
[/s]
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by VanGap: 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dear the day i discover say ............... SCHOOL NA SCAM .... is the day i achieved something

Thank God i can read and write .... product of school

As the Marlian below ...

Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Alanine1123: 4:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
Don't go for want u don't have passion for but if you have good financial support you can go for the BCH and keep on trying your best to get want you really want.
Get yourself JAMB syllabus for your four jamb subjects, study everything from genesis to revelations, don't neglect jamb past question and finally u can download pass ng for easy studying.
Best of luck.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Jman06(m): 8:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
DabFrankNG:
OP the issue here is you don't know anything about what Biochemistry entails and the prospects therein.

And I'm sure the orientation you have about Pharmacy is at best crude, more like 'they make drugs.'

Seek to be thoroughly informed about both courses before throwing away a great opportunity and wasting another year.
They are related courses, and truth be told, Biochemistry has greater career prospects than Pharmacy.
Stop typing trash here??! what's there in biochemistry that a pharmacist can't do? Is it research A pharmacist who decides to go into research even has greater scope of research areas than a biochemist! Pharmacists take all the courses in biochemistry at 200level and remember that while biochemistry students can pass a course with an E, pharmacy students need to score at least a C in order to pass!

I have tasted both courses and I now know that pharmacy is light years ahead of biochemistry both in terms of knowledge delivery and scope of application.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Caseless: 2:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
okay. sin idem kood nwed eti eti nyung bong akam ke Abasi Aya uwam. song idem eyeneka
how do u ppl manage to speak and write this language?
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 2:43pm On Jan 16, 2020
Caseless:
how do u ppl manage to speak and write this language?
looks hard right?
some say it's like Chinese language grin but ironically it's the easiest to learn
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Caseless: 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
looks hard right?
some say it's like Chinese language grin but ironically it's the easiest to learn
ah swear! grin ur people are wonderful - very hospitable. Beautiful girls everywhere.
I enjoyed my stay and time in uyo, nsit ubim, eket, ikot ekpene and ikot abasi. The language is very hard sha.
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 2:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
pennywys:

Useless fool
enjoy the ban while it lasts. grin
Next time you'll learn how to acquire etiquettes by not insulting your father's agemate.
:
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Ebenezar2020(m): 2:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
Caseless:
ah swear! grin ur people are wonderful - very hospitable. Beautiful girls everywhere.
I enjoyed my stay and time in uyo, nsit ubim, eket, ikot ekpene and ikot abasi. The language is very hard sha.
NYSC??
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by pennywys(m): 3:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
enjoy the ban while it lasts. grin
Next time you'll learn how to acquire etiquettes by not insulting your father's agemate.
:
here u are foolish again

No one ban ur fada
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Caseless: 4:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
NYSC??
No! Went there for something!
Re: I Want To Go To School But I'm Confused by Bigboy289(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2020
SamgoldBaba:

Alright, thanks
You are welcome Sir

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

SSANU Joins ASUU To Reject IPPIS / Lady Who Left Nigeria Due To ASUU Strike Graduates From UK With 5.0gp / 24-year-old Beauty Queen Obiamaka Enweluzor Sends Twin Orphans Back To School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.