Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,846 members, 7,802,705 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 PM

Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? (59985 Views)

This Snake Just Bit My Brother / Does Anyone Have Car Sickness/allergy? / See How A Woman Escape Bitten By This Snake (viper) In AKABOR, Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Sijo01(f): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
The creepy creature looks dangerous. sad

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Daniel058(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Agwo oji aka oghu ...
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by sirusX(m): 12:17pm On Jan 13, 2020
Kingdom: Animalia
Phylum: Chordata
Class: Reptilia
Order: Squamata
Family: Elapidae
Genus: Dendroaspis
Species: Pepper-soup category grin

USES
Snakes such as this is used to make steaming hot pepper soup to be stepped down with mortuary standard cold beer, or if you want to waste its nutritious content as a delicacy...you can opt for clothing, such as vests, belts, boots and shoes, or fashion accessories such as handbags. It may also be stretched and formed as the sound board of some string musical instruments

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Madibah(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
That snake is called rattle the papanas which is distinctively poisonous grin
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by officialfestus(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Use google
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by FODA(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

NB. I’ve just paid to clear the plot.
this is ako sebe
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Skain(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Deadly... That's a BLACK MAMBA

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Iamdhamoski(m): 12:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Do not only clear the land .....have the surroundings fumigated or else u have a new job be that

Snake Hunter�����

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by nkwuocha1: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Snap it well na
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by inspector1(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Bros I beg kindly return the money and run for ur their live. Look for a way to get an aboki make them help u clear the bush. This thing has been a serious treat to me in my house.
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mouthgag: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
positivevibez:
think before you comment
Please make use of your brain next time before quoting me
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Numerouno94(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Befii: 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
Iranian Snake!
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Starkid3010(m): 12:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's funny, why this kind of question reached fp.
Why there are thousands of relevant posts being buried every day

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by frowland(m): 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:
My neighbor has an undeveloped plot and I’ve had to kill over 20 of this same type of snakes, cos they keep crawling into my compound.

I decided to take a good pix of the one I killed the other night, maybe someone will help identify if it’s poisonous.

100% RAT SNAKE.

3 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
YES IT IS POISONOUS. YOU CAN TELL FROM THE EYES AND SNOUT. PLEASE TAKE CARE AS MOST HOSPITALS IN NAIJA DO NOT HAVE ANTI-DOTES FOR POISONOUS SNAKE BITES. TO VERIFY CONCLUSIVELY. CHECK THE BELLY IF THE LINES ON THE BELLY ARE HORIZONTAL ALL THROUGH THEN IT'S DEFINITELY A POISONOUS SNAKE. BE CAREFUL PLEASE.

7 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by MoIbrahim: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
Ikemba007:
please include a picture of the body close shot to show the colour pattern, shape of scales and whether they are lying on each other and the direction they point. also what is the average length of the snakes so far?

Good! Would have been nice to also see the direction of the phangs and whether they point backwards or if they are hinged and if they are like syringes with a tiny hole in the middle.. Please be careful how you handle the head o, if the phangs prick they could be poisonous.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by TissuePaper: 12:20pm On Jan 13, 2020
What a useless forum... Just look at the useless comments on the first page, why are Africans this foolish

45 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Ebenezar2020(m): 12:21pm On Jan 13, 2020
flejnr2:
Speed Darlington
lol you no well cheesy
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mightyhaiz: 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
Agwo
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by shogsman(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2020
The most poisonous snake in the world
The black mamba,a bite is powerful enough to kill 50people

2 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by donprinyo(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Yes it's snake
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Ebenezar2020(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
inspector1:
Bros I beg kindly return the money and run for ur their live. Look for a way to get an aboki make them help u clear the bush. This thing has been a serious treat to me in my house.
threat ke?
you dey live for Bush?
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mescana22(m): 12:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Am still waiting to know the name of that snake, everyone is busy talking nonsense, what the hell is the name? somone said Iranian snake, grin grin grin ;DWe joke too much in Nigeria

14 Likes

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by mamajj17(f): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Better ask AHMED TINUBU, cos they look alike , they may be families thou!!!!
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by wickedtuna: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Looks like an eastern rat snake tho.

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by bikefab(m): 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
That's a Mamba...

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by abeliver: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
It's called Reptile
Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Mightyhaiz: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:

how did u kill it pls.. Am doing a research on effective ways to kill a snake

1 Like

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by Gidison: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Safaxano:

It is called Black Mamba, they are extremely venomous. Try grind Kolanut and sprinkle around your surroundings. Better still plant Tobacco leaf around you.

[b]Four Plants that Repel Snake[/b]s

1. Marigolds
2. Mother-in-Law’s Tongue
3. West Indian Lemongrass
4. Onion & Garlic

Sourced from https://www.pests.org/best-plants-that-naturally-repel-snakes/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Anyone Know The Name Of This Snake? by jesusbaby28: 12:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
Thinking

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

"MouthAction Is Dangerous" Gynaecologist Warns / 91 New Cases Of COVID-19 Reported, Total 1273, 239 Discharged, 40 Deaths / Coronavirus: Nigerian Man Tests Positive For Deadly Virus In US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.