Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,510 members, 7,808,865 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:17 PM

Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, (1700 Views)

Okada Man Who Broke The Story Of Glory Okolie Is Thrown Into Keffi Prison / Anthony Okolie Gives DSS 24 Hours To Pay ₦10 Million Damages / CCTV Footage Of Suicide Bomber Entering A Church In Sri Lanka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 7:14am On Jan 13, 2020
According to the Asaba, Delta State-based young businessman, while people around have tried to cheer him up and make him put the setback behind him, it has been difficult for him not to think of taking his own life going by the crisis his bitter experience at the hands of the DSS had plunged him into.

Days after he was released by the Department of State Services after being arrested and detained unlawfully for 10 weeks for using a SIM card previously owned by President Muhammadu Buhari’s daughter, Hanan, Anthony Okolie has told SaharaReporters that it has been difficult overcoming thoughts of suicide.

According to the Asaba, Delta State-based young businessman, while people around have tried to cheer him up and make him put the setback behind him, it has been difficult for him not to think of taking his own life going by the crisis his bitter experience at the hands of the DSS had plunged him into.

Apart from currently battling with a N5m debt and having a sick mother to attend to, being jilted by his fiancée with whom he was planning marriage with had combined to aggravate his worry and make his life a living hell.

Persons, who invested in a fish farm scheme that he had set up before his arrest have been on his neck to pay back their money following the collapse of the business while he was in detention.

Every area of Okolie’s life had not been the same since his traumatising experience at the facility of DSS in Abuja.

“Each time I receive calls from any of the persons who invested in the fish farm, I feel like committing suicide because I have no means of paying the debt government put me into,” the young man said while speaking with our correspondent.

“I'm currently owing people lots of money, over N5m that people invested into the fish farm that perished while I was unlawfully arrested and detained.

“After the first few weeks in detention, I felt like committing suicide but there was no means for me to do that.

“I have been having emotional trauma and nightmares ever since the incident occurred.
SEE ALSO

DSS Detains Man Unlawfully For 10 Weeks After Purchasing MTN SIM Card Previously Used By President Buhari's Daughter
70 Comments6 Days Ago
“My mum became very ill and hypertensive as a result of my ordeal and she is in a very bad state now because I can no longer afford to purchase her drugs after my fish farm collapsed.

“My fiancée left me on grounds that she cannot marry a criminal even though we were already planning marriage before the incident,” he added painfully.

Narrating how he was bundled and ferried to Abuja by DSS operatives in leg and hand chains after being told that President Buhari wanted to see him, Okolie disclosed that he was subjected to all sorts of horrible treatment for committing no offence.

He told SaharaReporters that the SIM card in question was purchased by him in Asaba from an MTN outlet for N2,000, adding that he never committed any fraudulent act with it since December 2018 when he bought it.

Okolie said that though there were times he received strange calls on the mobile telephone number, he always told such persons that they were speaking with him and not President Buhari’s daughter, Hanan – the previous user of the number before it was recycled for sale by the network provider.

According to him, nobody from government had so far apologised to him despite the infringement of his rights and loss of his investment and main source of livelihood.

“I was seized like a criminal and subjected to threats by DSS officers and transferred to Abuja, chained in the legs and handcuffed from Asaba to their headquarters.

“After my statement, I abandoned in custody. They said I was making use of a SIM card previously used by Hanan Buhari, that I am a criminal and that the President wanted to see me.

“I bought the SIM card legally and committed no offence by so doing. It was however, surprising to see myself being detained for 10 weeks.

“I really regret being a Nigerian because in other countries, citizens cannot be unlawfully arrested and detained for 10 weeks without any concrete reason.

“I've switched off the lie ever since that bizarre incident because I'm still scared and don't know what their next plan may be,” Okolie said.

SaharaReporters had on January 6 exclusively reported the young businessman’s ordeal, revealing how his rights had been abused by the secret police.

Human rights activists, Omoyele Sowore and Olawale Bakare, who were both unlawfully held by the DSS for months, brought Okolie’s plight to the attention of the world in separate posts on Twitter.

Following the report, Nigerians from far and near have continued to demand justice for Okolie and an apology from the DSS.

Legal practitioner, Tope Akinyode, has said that they will take up the matter and ensure the businessman is compensated for being unlawfully detained by the secret police.

He said, “In line with my discussion with Mr Okolie, we shall proceed to court to file a suit against the DSS and Hanan Buhari, demanding compensation for the breach of the victim's fundamental human rights.”

http://saharareporters.com/2020/01/10/thoughts-suicide-only-thing-my-mind-%E2%80%93okolie-man-unlawfully-detained-dss-using-sim-card

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 7:16am On Jan 13, 2020
Sowore is pushing a narrative to fuel hate for Buhari , it won't end well

ever since the first interview ( released by Sowore / Sahara reporters)

It has become clear that this Okolie is pushing to get money , not sympathy , if you look well you will see and understand two criminal minded people are pushing different agenda using Buhari's name

One wants Nigeria and thr world to see Buhari as evil ( the same one who faked a court scuttle to defame DSS)

The other one is hoping donations will come from sympathetic idiots who will ask for account number

There's no denying DSS has their excesses, however I strongly believe Okolie was lawfully detained

Those 10 weeks was his punishment for attempting to defraud someone

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by crownwealth: 7:19am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
DaBullIT:

It has become clear that this Okolie is pushing to get money , not sympathy , if you look well you will see
[/s]

4 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Stalwert: 7:20am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

It has become clear that this Okolie is pushing to get money , not sympathy , if you look well you will see

He knows many fools will fall for this, hate attracks hate

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by iornenge81(m): 7:21am On Jan 13, 2020
Take advantage of it if your hands are clean

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by chichar1(f): 7:26am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

Nonsensical comment

4 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 7:27am On Jan 13, 2020
Stalwert:

God bless you jare

Sowore met the guy at DSS dungeon, a little twists and edits and boom hate journal 101 has been created

I don't get why people just can't see through these things

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by PatriotTemidayo: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2020
Is Okoli a dundee?

Sue the DSS for #500m damages and another #500m for all the businesses and valuables you lost while in detention.

But be sure you didn't carry out a fraud while using the phones, else............. Your apartment in Kuje will be VIP SUITE.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Stalwert: 7:46am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

God bless you jare

Sowore met the guy at DSS dungeon, a little twists and edits and boom hate journal 101 has been created

I don't get why people just can't see through these things

He knows there is segment of Nigerians who will believe anything because they hate PMB. Don't some Nigerians with malformed brains believe PMB is a clone? Aren't they the same morons who believe PMB was getting married? Those morons are Sowore speed dial fools who will rush to swallow up any lie they are fed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 7:52am On Jan 13, 2020
Stalwert:

He knows there is segment of Nigerians who will believe anything because they hate PMB. Don't some Nigerians with malformed brains believe PMB is a clone? Aren't they the same morons who believe PMB was getting married? Those morons are Sowore speed dial fools who will rush to swallow up any lie they are fed.

He probably learnt that from Mazi Mumundi Kunu

Because that's the exact format he used, collected donations, even enforced paying BiAafraud development levies

Used the fools as human Shields

Cashout and went to live in UK

Some people never learn

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by IdrisE(m): 7:59am On Jan 13, 2020
Okolie you can't die and leave your debts o.... Repay your investors first, then you can think later of what to do with your life.

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by babyfaceafrica: 8:07am On Jan 13, 2020
PatriotTemidayo:
Is Okoli a dundee?

Sue the DSS for #500m damages and another #500m for all the businesses and valuables you lost while in detention.

But be sure you didn't carry out a fraud while using the phones, else............. Your apartment in Kuje will be VIP SUITE.

You can't win against DSS, they won't pay shishi

Do you remember the case baba suwe had with ndlea.. He won in court but ndlea no pay am kobo....

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Nobody: 8:16am On Jan 13, 2020
After the first few weeks in detention, I felt like committing suicide but there was no means for me to do that.

Not like am supporting suicide, but there are lots of means..
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by surgical: 8:33am On Jan 13, 2020
Stalwert:

why do people hate your PMB,ask him to amend his ways then,afterall it has not always been like this for him until he was found out

1 Like

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:39am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

It has become clear that this Okolie is pushing to get money , not sympathy , if you look well you will see and understand two criminal minded people are pushing different agenda using Buhari's name

One wants Nigeria and thr world to see Buhari as evil ( the same one who faked a court scuttle to defame DSS)

The other one is hoping donations will come from sympathetic idiots who will ask for account number

There's no denying DSS has their excesses, however I strongly believe Okolie was lawfully detained

It is always good and refreshing to see that we still have reasonable and intelligent youths on this forum.
God bless your parents.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:40am On Jan 13, 2020
Stalwert:

Same prayer above goes to you sir.
Intelligent souls actually abound here.

Refreshingly Refreshing! cool

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Turantula(m): 8:45am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

2 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:45am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

You have been jumping up and down like a monkey on heat over the issue like you have something to gain or lose whereas you're a nonentity in the grand scheme of things.
Sane people have been asking you a simple question which your brain has refused to process which is why the DSS didn't sue him to court. Let me add another: ever since his story broke and he's been granting interviews, why have the DSS not come out with their own side of the story or at least re-arrest him and sue him properly if he was perviously released on grounds of benevolence?
Now you accuse him of seeking money and not sympathy. Who your sympathy help? His rights have been trampled upon and he has a right to pursue legal redress as provided in our laws.
Sowore does not need the world to see Buhari as evil. That had already been achieved with his illegal detention and re-arrest as well as hurried release courtesy of a short note from two US senators which had ur immovable Buhari shaking by the balls.
Get a life zombie!!

5 Likes

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:50am On Jan 13, 2020
[quote author=Turantula post=85751610][/quote]
Lol. Nice one grin grin
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Stalwert:

Stop murdering English.
There should be a basic educational level required to be a zombie. Most of them are English deficient. Lauretta is doing a bad job. She's just recruiting her village urchins and giving them phones.
They are rubbing off negatively on the president's image.
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by punisha: 8:58am On Jan 13, 2020
They better keep an eye on him... The traumatic experience of being locked away for that long and treated like a criminal should be painful.

We know dss lied to cover their tracks...why not just sort the young man and apologize to him and make it end? As is their custom,Dss won't release him if he really did commit any offence. He would have been prosecuted also.
Mbok, sort him for the pains he's been put through or better still he sue the presidents daughter and escalate this fast
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Londyn: 9:03am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
post=85751457:

It is always good and refreshing to see that we still have reasonable and intelligent youths on this forum.
God bless your parents.
[/s]
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 9:12am On Jan 13, 2020
Frankiss44: I hope you can read this ??
Agboriotejoye:

You have been [b]jumping up and down like a monkey on heat [/b]over the issue like you have something to gain or lose whereas you're a nonentity [/b]in the grand scheme of things.
Sane people have been asking you a simple question which your brain has refused to process which is why the DSS didn't sue him to court. Let me add another: ever since his story broke and he's been granting interviews, why have the DSS not come out with their own side of the story or at least re-arrest him and sue him properly if he was perviously released on grounds of benevolence?
Now you accuse him of seeking money and not sympathy. Who your sympathy help? His rights have been trampled upon and he has a right to pursue legal redress as provided in our laws.
Sowore does not need the world to see Buhari as evil. That had already been achieved with his illegal detention and re-arrest as well as hurried release courtesy of a short note from two US senators which had ur immovable Buhari shaking by the balls.
[b]Get a life zombie
!!

DSS is not the complainant , they were called in to investigate , Who ever tipped DSS or Hannan herself may decide not to press charges since no crime has been committed yet, how is this so hard for the wisest of all the wise to figure out ?

How many times has DSS come out to address the Public over an arrest or detention ? and even if they did come to address the press won't very smart people like yourself call it a lie ? just like you called it a lie when DSS said they were at court premises but didn't attempt to arrest sowore inside the court ? pretty sure if i take the time , ill find you are one of the intelligent people who speak big grammar and insult people just so you can release the burden of hate you are carrying ?

Still found a way to insult Buhari , NO US SENATOR or HUMAN rights for that matter influenced Sowore's release ,

but you are too intelligent to know that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Stalwert: 9:14am On Jan 13, 2020
[s]
surgical:
why do people hate your PMB,ask him to amend his ways then,afterall it has not always been like this for him until he was found out
[/s]

Even before he became President, it has always been hate from the usual hateful groups. If you guys like continue, it is your hearts that will be burdened by hatefulness.
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by DaBullIT(m): 9:15am On Jan 13, 2020
Amen and you too

God bless you real good
post=85751457:

God bless your parents.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 9:16am On Jan 13, 2020
Hmmmmmm
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:
Amen and you too

God bless you real good
A very BIG AMEN!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Stalwert: 9:19am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:

He probably learnt that from Mazi Mumundi Kunu

Because that's the exact format he used, collected donations, even enforced paying BiAafraud development levies

Used the fools as human Shields

Cashout and went to live in UK

Some people never learn

They will always be magas, Cownu used them and dumped them, lied to them and even pretended he was dead, on resurrecting only remembered his Dog, Jack which seems to be more important than his mumuish followers. Till now they are still acting like the morons they are following him without question.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by PatriotTemidayo: 9:46am On Jan 13, 2020
babyfaceafrica:

You can't win against DSS, they won't pay shishi

Do you remember the case baba suwe had with ndlea.. He won in court but ndlea no pay am kobo....

That's because he stopped. If he's didn't stop, he would get his money. If NDLEA failed to pay, he should join the Paymaster of NDLEA as co-defender, which is the FG and Ministry of Interior, by that, more than just NDLEA would have to Jostle.
Re: Thoughts Of Suicide Is Only Thing On My Mind –okolie, by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:51am On Jan 13, 2020
DaBullIT:
Frankiss44: I hope you can read this ??

DSS is not the complainant , they were called in to investigate , Who ever tipped DSS or Hannan herself may decide not to press charges since no crime has been committed yet, how is this so hard for the wisest of all the wise to figure out ?

How many times has DSS come out to address the Public over an arrest or detention ? and even if they did come to address the press won't very smart people like yourself call it a lie ? just like you called it a lie when DSS said they were at court premises but didn't attempt to arrest sowore inside the court ? pretty sure if i take the time , ill find you are one of the intelligent people who speak big grammar and insult people just so you can release the burden of hate you are carrying ?

Still found a way to insult Buhari , NO US SENATOR or HUMAN rights for that matter influenced Sowore's release ,

but you are too intelligent to know that
Stop being clever by half. You're making a mess of it. I was actually waiting for this excuse cause i know your kind. The same DSS acted on a petition by zainab Ahmed about a guy who released a video depicting her marrying Buhari. Not only did they arrest the guy, they showed his face on live tv and have taken him to court without zainab's prompting. FYI, the DSS has prosecutorial powers and therefore don't need anyone to press charges on its behalf.
So find another lie.
I don't know what you mean by no crime has been committed. Do you realise an attempt to commit a crime is a crime itself? Smh
About the court invasion, seems you were in a cave when the team leader apologised to the judge for invading her court. Even DSS DG visited the chief judge the next day to apologise too. But of course you're suffering from selective deafness and blindness based on a pot of porridge.
I hear you on the US senators matter. Las Las d guy was released with Dasuki as jara grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Beats Wife Mercilessly Over A Piece Of Meat In Bayelsea / Cows Mysteriously Found Dead In Akungba / Army Raids IPOB/ESN Camps In Anambra/Imo, Destroys Hideouts [PHOTOS]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.