Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,855 members, 7,802,740 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:30 PM

50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official (16480 Views)

Broad Oaks British School HND/B.Sc./BA/B.Ed Teaching Positions. Apply / Elizade University Non-teaching Positions / My Nephew Got This Message From A Job He Applied For In The US From Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Enn214(m): 7:17am On Jan 13, 2020
A member of the Lagos State Civil Service Commission, Suru Avoseh, has said no fewer than 50, 000 applicants had applied for one thousand vacant teaching jobs announced by the state government in 2019.

Avoseh made this known during the New Year Party organised by the Badagry Women Development Forum on Sunday in Badagry.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Lagos State Government had on November 11 announced the plans to employ one thousand teachers into the public secondary schools across the state.

Avoseh said some of the applicants that qualified for the job had been invited for the examination. “After the examination, those that passed and meet up with the standard will be called for oral interviews. “At present, some of the applicants who succeeded in the examination have started receiving text messages through their phone numbers.

“It is certain that not everybody that applied for the job will be employed, and not all that passed the examination will be given employment,” the commission member said. He said that shortly Lagos State Universal Basic Education Board (SUBEB) and Civil Service Commission would soon start to employ people in the state.

“We will soon start employment too; every motion has been put in place and we have discussed it with the Head of Service.

“Currently, we have commenced staff auditing to know the number of vacancies to be filled up.
“It is after the auditing that the commission will be able to tell Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu the number of staff to be employed.
“So, we are making the preparation now,” Avoseh said.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/50000-people-applied-for-1000-teaching-jobs-in-lagos-―-official

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Nobody: 7:29am On Jan 13, 2020
Really? And not anyone i know got the success or 'we regret to' message.

These 50,000 people that applied never gave their email address, if they did why did you decide to 'call' of them for examinations.

Handpicked from leaders list?

Currently, we have commenced staff auditing to know the number of vacancies to be filled up.
“It is after the auditing that the commission will be able to tell Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu the number of staff to be employed.
“So, we are making the preparation now,” Avoseh said.

Does this statement reeks of incompetency?

I fear for what my dear state could become by 2023.

Dra was here

7 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 13, 2020
Drabeey:
Really? And not anyone i know got the success or 'we regret to' message.

These 50,000 people that applied never gave their email address, if they did why did you decide to 'call' of them for examinations.

Handpicked from leaders list?

Does this statement reeks of incompetency?

I fear for what my dear state could become by 2023.

Dra was here

In all jobs I have applied for (both government and non government jobs), I have never seen or witnessed such recruitment that is as cryptic as this.

The bolded is what I am suspecting... or how and what criteria did they use in shortlisting people for the online test?

How did they manage to shortlist someone for online test, who didn't study any course relating to education, and has no TRCN certificate. How did they also shortlist the same person for interview?

8 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by qanda: 10:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by ForeThinker: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Nawaao
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Waakanda: 11:53am On Jan 13, 2020
Wonderment
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Nobody: 11:54am On Jan 13, 2020
It's not like the 50000 people who applied are all unemployed though, some are underemployed.

12 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by farouk2much(m): 11:54am On Jan 13, 2020
Naija my kontiri

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by breathcutter(m): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2020
And you're surprised? There's no job, people are underemployed... They said, be an entrepreneur, I go use my pr!ck take start the entrepreneur ni?

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 13, 2020
0.002% chance for each candidate..

1 Like

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by blesskewe(f): 11:55am On Jan 13, 2020
That's the thing with government work
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by landforeast(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2020
Ok
Back then who send teaching job but right now teaching job looks very Lucrative and attracting in the eyes of job seekers. And the exploitation and segregation continue, even getting a teaching job is by man no man.

You know what any time I look at Nigeria, I can't hold it but shake my head and shrug my shoulder . A country almighty God blessed with optimum population and lots of natural endowment wasting away while countries that have little of what we have keeps making exploits and pursuing a common goal of making the world a better place by ensuring good life for its Citizens.

If Nigeria were to be a business entity mehn it would have folded since 30 years ago. How can you have herders at the helm of affairs and expect a magic turn around. mehn you can't give what you don't have.

To my dear Undergraduates please and please don't spend all your years in the University burning candles upon candle. If you read small just tap yourself and remind yourself that there is no job out there. Go out and build the spirit of hustlng. If you raise small money, start Photocopying business, buy Keke if you have the money or start a Barbing Saloon or even you can sell Okirika, just come to Lagos and buy and sell in the Campus. If you are a girl you can start hairdresser, manicure center, make up business or bead making.

When you graduate and go for service, build your contact and make friends with the sons and daughters of the rich if you are not unfortunate to be sent to interior village like Ikwo in Ebonyi state so that when you pass out you will ride on those contact to get a lucrative job offer. You can equally fall back on the business you established as Undergraduate while awaiting your dream job.

To the unemployed graduate out there. Time have come when you must tell yourself the bitter truth, otherwise you will live in penury and regret of ever acquiring that certificate. Dump that certificate in that your rusty box, fold your arms, your trouser and enter the street. If you see whoever that will give you Keke Carry. If it is farm that is at your reach go into it. if it is Camera you can lay your hands on, become a Mobile Photographer. Go into the market learn skills like phone repair, Latest TV repair or computer repair and make money. Go to Alaba, Computer Vilage or Emeka ofor Plaza in Onitsha and hustle your way out of poverty. Some of the dirty looking guys you see everyday ae making the money some of these Corperate organisations cannot pay any of their staff.

The Bitter truth is that living in Nigeria now, one need to think out of the box. You can equally become a Freelancer online and make money conveniently fron the comfort of your home without answering anybody sir or Ma. With the cost of running Coperate organisation going up everyday , Corperate organsiations are now resorting to engaging freelancers for diiferent services such as graphics design, digital marketing or Mobile App development and others. You can learn these skills this year and start earning morning just with yoir laptop and internet connection.
The irony is that First school leaving certificate owner is the president while a law graduate is now a sales girl and a Engineering graduate is now a primary school teacher.

May God help Nigerians
People are losing it everyday.

71 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by SlimBrawnie(f): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2020
“It is certain that not everybody that applied for the job will be employed, and not all that passed the examination will be given employment,”
Sad Truth

2 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Zeezxo(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2020
Inside life
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by akdjr(m): 11:56am On Jan 13, 2020
This is another reason why I always tell people not to believe on any unemployment statistics in Nigeria. Many will see this a scream UNEMPLOYMENT!!! Forgetting that many of them have job they are doing currently but want to either change their job for reason best know to them.

4 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by emmanuelpopson(m): 11:57am On Jan 13, 2020
Nigeria is at that crossroad where everything will end in mess after all ask me why... the unemployed youths population that is over 70% will explode someday and everyone will bear the brunt

2 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by osamz007: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2020
In falz voice "this is Nigeria"

2 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by ZombieTERROR: 11:57am On Jan 13, 2020
Keep on multiplying

Buhari has created one billion jobs

1 Like

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by DonFreshmoney(m): 11:58am On Jan 13, 2020
grin angry

It shows 80% of Nairalanders are either unemployed or underemployed. Just by looking at their comments above

Lazy lagosians

3 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by ZombieTERROR: 11:58am On Jan 13, 2020
akdjr:
This is another reason why I always tell people not to believe on any unemployment statistics in Nigeria. Many will see this a scream UNEMPLOYMENT!!! Forgetting that many of them have job they are doing currently but want to either change their job for reason best know to them.

Underemployment is worst under Buhari

So kindly shut Up

3 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Khalidase83(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2020
Its possible appointment letters have already been given. This interview is simply a formality. This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Passionate888: 11:59am On Jan 13, 2020
Buhari sef.

2 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by suxy(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2020
well it goes to show that folks are unemployed and are willing to work....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by wonuks(m): 11:59am On Jan 13, 2020
shocked
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by DCQuest(m): 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
shocked shocked
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by olayemioshiyemi: 12:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
Nigeria my con3.....love sitting on keg of gun powder

1 Like

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by helinues: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
Oh boy
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Kizzygentle: 12:01pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mad oo
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by kay29000(m): 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
Hmm
Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Bigval5: 12:02pm On Jan 13, 2020
You might be the lucky one!

Check out graduate Trainee Jobs available and Internship programs available below!

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by Chijeep(m): 12:03pm On Jan 13, 2020
Dat is d major problem in Nigeria unemployment issue.

ghost workers evrywhr.

almost half of dx ppl av source of income already buh d issue of chop alone in Nigeria is just 2 mch.

3 Likes

Re: 50000 People Applied For 1000 Lagos Teaching Positions - Official by FactBoyz: 12:04pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

This Company Is A Scam! / 90% Of First Batch N-power Beneficiaries Have BVN Clearance – Presidency / Unilag Job Vacancies INTERNAL & EXTERNAL ADVERTISMENT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.