Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,260 members, 7,780,571 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 04:41 PM

This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry - Agriculture (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry (99533 Views)

My Poultry Journey... / My Poultry Farming Experience! / Please Can Turkey Hatch Their Eggs By Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by davidque: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:
that's a black mamba, very potent venom which kill within 20mins, a drrop is enough to kill 20 fully grown adult men, it is expected since you have a poultry, you can't really prevent dem from coming but you can atleast get snake traps or plant a particulr leaf called taba leaf it wards dem off
Look closely, thats not a black mamba.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by pauladonis(m): 10:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joehigashi:
What Kind Of Snake Is This?

I have a mini poultry and for months I noticed eggs are being tampered with. I suspected a snake but I couldn't find traces until yesterday while trying to relocate some, I found this snake close to one of my chickens laying eggs. It was the culprit. It has killed several of my chickens and I'm happy it met its waterloo.

What kind of snake is this and how do I prevent its reoccurrence?

What baffles me is my poultry is surrounded by houses people live in 247. I wonder where this one came From.

I don't know what type of snake that is but I know a very simple and effective way to stop snakes from getting in your poultry, are you ready to hear it?

Use boiled eggs. Snakes swallow eggs with the shell before breaking it, digesting the raw egg and vomiting the shell... The logic, however, is that they don't know boiled eggs from the raw ones, so by sacrificing a few eggs, you can effectively get rid of any snake that swallows the boiled egg.

Their death warrant is signed as long as the swallow the egg. If they don't die from trying to break the egg, they will die from constipation due to not being able to digest the egg in solid form.

Try it and enjoy your freedom.

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Memberclub(m): 10:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:
that's a black mamba, very potent venom which kill within 20mins, a drrop is enough to kill 20 fully grown adult men, it is expected since you have a poultry, you can't really prevent dem from coming but you can atleast get snake traps or plant a particulr leaf called taba leaf it wards dem off
olodo
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Isoduwa(m): 10:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joehigashi:

I have a mini poultry and for months I noticed eggs are being tampered with. I suspected a snake but I couldn't find traces until yesterday while trying to relocate some, I found this snake close to one of my chickens laying eggs. It was the culprit. It has killed several of my chickens and I'm happy it met its waterloo.

What baffles me is my poultry is surrounded by houses people live in 247. I wonder where this one came From.

You just kill one of your village people Wey follow you enter City
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Waterbear(m): 10:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
See all of them shouting Black mamba..
Any black snake to a local man is mamba ..

Guys abeg if you dont know, say I dont know...

Have anyone heard about the red bellied black snake?
Please try use google.. black mambas are noth given that name cause if the body color but because of the color of their inner mouth ..

The black mamba could have a gray skin but with a black mouth..
There are also green mamba green with well, you guessed it... BLACK MOUTH... that's how to tell a mamba ..
Please stop calling every black snake a mamba.. this is a red bellied black snake..
AND THEIR VENOM CANT KILL A HEALTHY ADULT .
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Ibroleesky(m): 10:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
ask lalasticla abt it name nd thank me later
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joehigashi:

Definitely a spitting cobra
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
shilenji:

Black mamba's are olive or silvery in colour and are not found in this our parts, that's a Mozambique spitting cobra, fav food are rats and eggs, they can be distinguished by the red speckled colour underbelly

Black mamba ko, green mamba ni, do u think its easy to kill a mamba, I pity ur life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
Okpa042:
I hate snakes but I can never hate orochimaru sama..lalasticlala himself grin grin

Pepper soup a land i ala...cheee..nnukwu te enjoyment sarambara grin

Lala is a hidden cloud ninja na

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:09pm On Jan 14, 2020
Pidginwhisper:
killed exactly this type in my poultry too years back. After several attempts to catch the culprit. My mum actually found it trying to digest a full grown broiler, around 4am. I use rake kill the bastard, but not without a fight as the mad thing dey throway spits grin

Thanks for confirming that its a "Mozambique spitting cobra", nigerians are getting stupider by the moment calling every black snake black mamba, now I know how moses felt with the Israelites in the wilderness they never listen

2 Likes

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
mhizv:

Awwwnnnnnn another Naruto fan
We are plenty here ooo, naruto fan club
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by PrinceDangana(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Joehigashi:

This is black mamba snake
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skepticus:

The nigga has gotten about 75 likes now.

Most Nigerians no get sense walahi.

Threads like this always expose their general ignorance.

No wonder we dey get useless leaders. Imagine say those 75 get voters card. Na mumu dem go vote ooooo.

God epp us!

Honestly Nigerian youths ehn!!!, some off us are lost course

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:31pm On Jan 14, 2020
Kylekent59:

Woman that is not a black necked spitting cobra. Do you know how long I had studied snakes before?

Do you know how many I have killed when I at work at a construction site?

I know a spitting cobra when I see one and non spitting ones.

Spitting cobra would like curving its neck backward when cornered, just like if you wanna throw a cough in your throat, you raise the cough up, move your head backwards with the help of the neck, and then you spit it out. So does spitting cobra does.

The non-spitting ones would keep their head to the ground. They pretend to be dead or wrap themselves up.

There are many ways to identify a snake

1. Colour
2. Shape of head
3. Fangs
4. Tail
5. Type of body; thick, shinning,smooth
6. Eyes
7. Neck
8. Belly
9. Belly lining wall
10. Mouth( e.g black mamba has a black mouth inside)
11. Environment
12. Shape of egg
13. Speed, movement
14. Climbers
15. Skin (like pythons and Anacondas have spots)
16. Scales
17. Position of venom gland
18. Heat sensor
Many more

How can you differentiate between a green mamba and a black mamba

A boomslang and green snake

Spitting cobra and a non-spitting cobra

A puff adder and a viper

Yellow bellied snake and a red bellied snake

A cotton mouth and a water maccuson

A Zoologist brought back home a green snake not knowing it's a venomous boomsland thinking it was a new specie, he even gave his children to play with but they were scared. The snake bit him, immediately after that, he started feeling uncomfortable, he rushed to the hospital, but it was too late.

He died.

You can Google about a zoologist that brought back home a boomslang thinking it was a garden green snake

Mistaken identity lol

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:

A zoologist that cant differentiate between a black mamba & cobra !
Learn & take correction !

Please don't call him a zoologist, he can tell me my ekuke is an advance genetic Samoyed breed tomorrow

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Madara12(m): 11:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Waterbear:
See all of them shouting Black mamba..
Any black snake to a local man is mamba ..

Guys abeg if you dont know, say I dont know...

Have anyone heard about the red bellied black snake?
Please try use google.. black mambas are noth given that name cause if the body color but because of the color of their inner mouth ..

The black mamba could have a gray skin but with a black mouth..
There are also green mamba green with well, you guessed it... BLACK MOUTH... that's how to tell a mamba ..
Please stop calling every black snake a mamba.. this is a red bellied black snake..
AND THEIR VENOM CANT KILL A HEALTHY ADULT .

Uncle that's a spitting cobra, red-bellied are only found in Australian and live around water
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by YabaLeftist: 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
JeffreyD1:
Black panther

Scary

Do you even know that a panther is an animal from the cat family?

There is a snake called black mamba tho.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Jones8(m): 12:39am On Jan 15, 2020
black mamba. 20mins death venom
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by VolvoS60(m): 1:28am On Jan 15, 2020
grin

This thread na wa.

A country with over 200 million fully certified herpetologists.

I am sorry to disappoint the members of the black mamba club. That snake is an Eastern diamondback rattlesnake.

I know this because I put it there. angry
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by onlyonechid84(m): 4:34am On Jan 15, 2020
kestolove95:
Dats cobra na, the one lala dey change to in d nyt go hunt..abg make una do small small make una no go kill lalasticlala oo
pls don't kill me with lafta�����
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Slimsly100(f): 5:01am On Jan 15, 2020
It's scarryyyyyyyyyyy shocked shocked
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Nobody: 7:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Madara12:

Lala is a hidden cloud ninja na
I swear grin grin..Hokage plus mitsukage plus kazekage..na im carry everything for head join grin grin grin grin

A fucking jinchuriki. Naruto can never grin

1 Like

Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Emmyziski(m): 7:56am On Jan 15, 2020
You can get your agricultural products from me... Ranging from herbicides, pesticides and of course... Snake repellants at affordable prices... Hit me up
Whatsapp!
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Bornboy4: 8:17am On Jan 15, 2020
I hate snakes.
I killed something like that in my bedroom some years back. Saw it when it was pursuing a rat in my bedroom at night during power blackout!
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Dwaynestefan: 8:24am On Jan 15, 2020
shilenji:
That's not Black Mamba.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Dwaynestefan: 8:26am On Jan 15, 2020
Judicible:
i get But use it access bank too
I have, but it expired Last Year.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Odibs(m): 8:36am On Jan 15, 2020
Just spread garlic around the vicinity
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by 1kinggy(m): 11:10am On Jan 15, 2020
shilenji:

Taba is tobacco leaf
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by bruno554(m): 11:48am On Jan 15, 2020
SLAP44:
The African Black mamba
u can't find the black mamba in Nigeria. And u can't call a snake black mamba cause it's skin it's black. Black mambas are mostly found in South Africa.. Make ur findings on Google..
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by eghesman: 12:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Okpa042:

Food wey don done don done grin grin

It must be eaten grin

Ahswerugad
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by crazycrypto710: 1:13pm On Jan 15, 2020
Clean your surroundings, I can see evidence of grasses everywhere, if the place is not well kept, of course it will attract a lot of vermin or pests.
Re: This Is The Snake Killing My Chickens & Tampering With Their Eggs In My Poultry by Nobody: 2:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
shilenji:

Oga... Because it is black does not make it a black mamba... That is a cobra

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Two Giant Snakes Attack Owner For Attempting To Carry Their 251 Eggs (Video) / What Do You Give Your Broilers To Grow Faster? / Lady Shows Her Cucumber Farm In Anambra As She Goes For Harvest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.