Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,747 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:09 PM

Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) (1449 Views)

Apple Laptops For Sale!!! Very Cheap. / Grade A USA Laptops For Sale / Introducing Www.buylondonused.online - Affordable laptops for all (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
FOR SERIOUS BIDDERS ONLY!!!

Hello Wonderful People!!!
The Laptop sales floor has been opened for one and all and we are proud to announce that we've got some UK-USED laptops up for sale and to let every Taiwo, Chinedu or Musa have a chance to own a laptop, we are going with the bidding process rather than an outright sale. Now, we've removed just that condition whereby it could be a thousand naira separating one from being a laptop owner by not going with an outright sale; although we would love to welcome that option but we want this to be free and fair.

How does the bidding process work?

- Various laptops with their pictures and specs are displayed; as well as the starting bid prices.

- Every bidder intending to get a laptop would place their bid by indicating how much they're willing to pay (either the starting bidding price/more than the bidding prices) for the laptop.

- Once every bidder has placed their bids after 1 hour, a new bidder cannot place the same bid of the last bidder in the past 1 hour. He has to bid higher than the last bidder after an hour.

- If there are no more bidders at the end of the day, we tend to assume that the bidding process has stopped and the last bidder (the highest bidder) would be assumed the winner of such a laptop.

- If the winner of a bid has been chosen, he/she would be announced publicly on the bidding page and the bidding process is termed "CLOSED" for that laptop.

How does the payment option work?

- Shipping/delivery is free to everyone.

- The winner of a laptop bid would be contacted privately in order to get his/her details such as: Full name, Location/Address, Phone Number.

- (For those in Lagos) The winner would make a half payment of the price of the laptop he/she had bid for and pay the remaining balance once he/she receives the laptop on the day of delivery (this excludes those outside Lagos).

- Those outside Lagos would have to make a full payment and the laptop would be delivered using two delivery agencies: Young Shall Grow and God is Good Motors... It would be an official delivery and as such, a bidder living outside Lagos would be sent the waybill number in order to get the laptop at the nearest delivery agency close to them.

- Bidders who intend to pay one-on-one can come to our office in Ikeja; Suite 42, No 5 Otigba Street, Computer Village, Ikeja, Lagos.

N.B. The account number to send the payment would be made privately only to bidders who had won a laptop and not publicly. This is to avoid bidding claims and we want this process to be free and fair without preferential treatment.

This bidding process would also be made on Instagram; as such, we would be announcing to bidders on both platforms (Nairaland and Instagram) about the highest bid after an hour.

For inquiries, kindly contact the number: 07089661559 or post them on this forum:

These are the following laptops
1) Model: Acer Aspire 5732Z
Hard drive: 320GB
Memory: 2GB
Processor: Core 2 duo
Starting bid: N40,000

2) Model: Dell Latitude E6410
Memory: 4GB
Processor: Core i5
Starting bid: N55,000
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by polimaf(m): 5:15pm On Jan 13, 2020
grin

Starting bid for core2duo at 40k Na brand new?
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 7:19pm On Jan 13, 2020
No, it's not brand new but used. It's a flexible starting bid and if you check some other sellers in other sites, you'd be amazed to see some used with 120GB going for N50,000. Even the latest chromebooks on sites like Amazon or EBay would get you up to N50,000 and on what processor? Intel Celeron
polimaf:
grin

Starting bid for core2duo at 40k Na brand new?
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 7:28pm On Jan 13, 2020
3) Model: HP Envy M6
Hard drive: 500GB
Keyboard light - Yes
Graphics - 2GB dedicated
Starting bid: N75,000

4) Model: Macbook Air 2013
Starting bid: N165,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by BrickDevo: 7:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
FluxEmpire:
Keyboard light - Yes
Graphics - 2GB dedicated
B4 we start please tell us the GPU card details like is it Radeon or Nvidia? and which model
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 7:59pm On Jan 13, 2020
I'm so sorry I forgot to check that part being that it's the only graphics system. I'd make every effort to do that and take a snapshot when I get to the office tomorrow
BrickDevo:

B4 we start please tell us the GPU card details like is it Radeon or Nvidia? and which model
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 8:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
5) Model: Lenovo Ideapad

6) Model: Macbook Pro 2013
Starting bid: N115,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by BrickDevo: 8:24pm On Jan 13, 2020
FluxEmpire:
I'm so sorry I forgot to check that part being that it's the only graphics system. I'd make every effort to do that and take a snapshot when I get to the office tomorrow
K
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 9:14pm On Jan 13, 2020
Let the laptop bidding start... When we talk about used, we are not referring to used to terrible faults or bare bones and parts... They are close to open box and still clean.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
I'm retracting part of this statement back as the posts were due to information given and I'm going to give my recommendations based on my personal analysis; since I wasn't at the office when the laptops were brought in...
FluxEmpire:
Let the laptop bidding start... When we talk about used, we are not referring to used to terrible faults or bare bones and parts... They are close to open box and still clean.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by Gideoniteprime4: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
sorry but
are we to bid upward or downward? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
Upward
Gideoniteprime4:
sorry but
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:33pm On Jan 14, 2020
Based on personal analysis, I have streamlined the bidding to have a minimum and maximum threshold bid (i.e. there's a starting bid and an ending bid. E.g ( a laptop can go for the range of N10,000 - N15000) meaning that laptop's starting bid is N10,000 and its ending bid is N15,000.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by Neduzze5(m): 3:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
Gideoniteprime4:
sorry but

Same question I was going to ask because this one you ate starting at such high prices, we will need to bit downwards and then come upwards small... sad

1 Like

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:37pm On Jan 14, 2020
I have taken a thorough inspection on all the laptops being brought over and I'm going to put my assessment and recommendations on them, as well as their bids because I've been a customer and I'm still one; and as such, price decisions are based on a buyer and seller perspective...meaning profit and satisfaction on both sides are key. It would be bad to sell a broken machine to a customer all in the name of profit; that's wickedness... Hence, it's why I'm giving a review and assessment. Powers that be may not like it but I value trust and honesty in business.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
I understand but we need to let customers know that prices go higher in times when there are no festivity or promo or special discounts added.
We have realistically kept flexible market prices on the products. If there are certain laptops where we can receive a reduction, we would let you know but the two Macbooks would be difficult but never say never, it could just happen.
Neduzze5:

Same question I was going to ask because this one you ate starting at such high prices, we will need to bit downwards and then come upwards small... sad
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON:
1) Model: Acer Aspire 5732Z
Memory: 2GB
Optical Drive: DVD ROM
Ending bid: N45,000

- Appearance rating 8/10: no scuffs, dents, or marks being that it is a used laptop.
- Performance 7/10: gets computing work done even though it's not the latest processors from Haswell (core i3, i5, i7) but still higher than that of Sandbridge (core i3, i5, i7).

Recommendation: Highly recommended for purchase with 7/10 purchase rating due to good working condition and clean appearance. The bottom part has been included to verify that.

Bid range: N40,000 - N45,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 3:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON:
2) Model: Dell Latitude E6410
Optical Drive: DVD ROM
Starting bid: N55,000
Ending bid: N60,000

- Appearance rating 8.5/10: no scuffs, dents, or marks being that it is a used laptop.

- Performance 7.5/10: gets major works done using one of the latest processors from Haswell (core i5); decent hard drive.

Recommendation: Highly recommended for purchase with 8/10 purchase rating due to good working condition and clean appearance. The bottom part has been included to verify that.

Bid range: N55,000 - N60,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 4:13pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON:
Keyboard light - Yes
Graphics - 2GB dedicated
Ending bid: N80,000

- Appearance rating 5/10: there are scuffs, dents, and the edge of the mousepad close to the hinge on the right has been separated up and off the lower part. Not what I'd personally accept or give out except I won't be bringing it out; despite it having great specs or being a graphics laptop.

- Performance 8.5/10: gets major works done using one of the latest processors from Haswell (core i5), has a dedicated graphics asides its integrated graphics; keyboard light adds to the feel.

Recommendation: Averagely recommended for purchase with 6/10 purchase rating due to varying taste and price negotiation considering the appearance. It could be worked on to get it being presentable later but as at now, it's a no-deal.

Bid range: N75,000 - N80,000
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 4:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON
4) Model: Macbook Air 2013
Starting bid: N165,000
Ending bid: N170,000

- Appearance rating 8/10: no scuffs, dents, or marks; just an ink smudge on top being that it was there as a means of identification and also on the bottom; which both smudges can be cleaned off. The bottom part has been posted to verify that.

- Performance 8.5/10: gets major works done using one of the latest processors from Haswell (core i5); good drive.

Recommendation: Highly recommended for purchase with 9/10 purchase rating due to good working condition and clean appearance. The bottom part has been included to verify that.

Bid range: N165,000 - N170,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 4:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON:
5) Model: Lenovo Ideapad 300
Ending bid: N45,000

- Appearance rating 8/10: no scuffs, dents, or marks being that it is a used laptop.
- Performance 7/10: gets computing work done even though it's not the latest processors from Haswell (core i3, i5, i7) but still higher than that of Sandbridge (core i3, i5, i7).

Recommendation: Highly recommended for purchase with 7.5/10 purchase rating due to good working condition and clean appearance. The bottom part has been included to verify that.

Bid range: N40,000 - N45,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 4:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
ASSESSMENT ON:
6) Model: Macbook Pro 2013
Starting bid: N115,000
Ending bid: N120,000

- Appearance rating 7/10: no scuffs, there is a slight dent on the top, one of the rubber stand beneath is missing but no marks. The bottom part has been included to verify that.
- Performance 8.5/10: gets major works
done using one of the latest processors from Haswell (core i5); good drive.

Recommendation: Highly recommended for purchase with 8/10 purchase rating due to good working condition and good appearance.
Bid range: N115,000 - N120,000

1 Share

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 4:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
That's my thorough assessment and recommendations... I would advise intending bidders to go for other laptops asides the HP Envy M6 but if there are some intending to get that on the condition of improving the appearance, we are willing to discuss.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 6:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
It's still on the default Intel HD graphics running on 2.6GHz. It's not been driven to NVIDIA yet but can be done based on customer's request... For now, I won't tell customers to subscribe to the laptop based on appearance except it is thoroughly fixed for sale except a customer wants it that way (we respect customer's choices)... You can see the reason above in my assessment of the laptop. Sorry for the late reply.
BrickDevo:

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 6:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
Which laptop are you interested in bidding for;
let's see if we can come to a bargain?
Gideoniteprime4:
sorry but
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 6:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
If we can reach a middle ground, then there's no reason why we can't come to an agreement;
which laptop are you interested in?
Neduzze5:

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 7:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
GOOD NEWS!!!
There's good news, a meeting had been held and it had been stated that bids lower than the bid ranges are allowed and a customer can bid lower BUT if it is an acceptable offer close to the bid ranges... Let's hear some bidding; shall we?
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by mviscoventures(m): 5:18pm On Feb 26, 2020
Please stop attending to customers on my wall. Thanks believe you are decent enough to make your way without stepping on toes
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 6:44pm On Feb 26, 2020
mviscoventures:
Please stop attending to customers on my wall. Thanks believe you are decent enough to make your way without stepping on toes
Did you see me advertising anything to him?
I was looking for a Lenovo Thinkpad L512 heatsink, fan and keyboard to buy and if he has, I would like to buy his if that's the model he has... Besides, I don't sell motherboards. Ask before jumping into conclusions.
Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 2:47pm On Jun 21, 2020
All products have been bought and this ad has expired.

Re: Laptops For Sale (bidding Process Only) by FluxEmpire(m): 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2020
Link Expired... Products currently unavailable...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hot! Dell Inspiron 5547 Core I5, 8g Ram, 500gb Hdd, Backlight, Webcam, Very Neat / I Have An Hp D2813 Analog (1024) Monitor,can I Use It With A Pentium Iv? / Bluetooth Device Driver Does Not Work On My Vista, Anyone With A Clue?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.