Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,890 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:03 AM

Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea (23467 Views)

Why Are Obidients Saying Tinubu Stole Their Manifesto? / Nigerian States And Their Security Threat Level By PR24 (Photo) / Nobody Complained I Stole Their Money – Patience Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by nogragra: 10:52am On Jan 14, 2020
ludd2018:

Are u diplomatic in forming a militant group ? Answer is no though I like what u have done which u borrowed from Nk n from his voice in shouting fulanization n Islamizaton is coming . Your leaders listened to Nk
Borrow ko ayalo ni. Why are you people so so false and bunch of liars.

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by holicupp(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
the only way forward is break up simple
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by splashbaby(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
adelaja70:

Abeg no vex.. Which year dem born you? I'm asking so i will know how to respond to your comments.
He's an old man...they don't read, living in bondage ké...When Yorubas have been doing movies for decades before then.

9 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by aod1(m): 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
LabDNA:
Ewedu people lack originality. They even copied the East when Living in bondange an Igbo movie was produced in the 90s. They realized it was time to start producing yoruba movies.
After Nigeria's independence in 1960, the cinema business rapidly expanded, with new cinema houses being established.[14] As a result, Nigerian content in theatres increased in the late 1960s into the 1970s, especially productions from Western Nigeria, owing to former theatre practitioners such as Hubert Ogunde and Moses Olaiya transitioning into the big screen.[15][16] In 1972, the Indigenization Decree was issued by Yakubu Gowon, which demands the transfer of ownership of about a total of 300 film theatres from their foreign owners to Nigerians, which resulted in more Nigerians playing active roles in the cinema and film.[17] The oil boom of 1973 through 1978 also contributed immensely to the spontaneous boost of the cinema culture in Nigeria, as the increased purchasing power in Nigeria made a wide range of citizens to have disposable income to spend on cinema going and on home television sets.[15] After several moderate performing films, Papa Ajasco (1984) by Wale Adenuga became the first blockbuster, grossing approximately ₦61,000 (approx. 2015 ₦21,552,673) in three days. A year later, Mosebolatan (1985) by Moses Olaiya also went ahead to gross ₦107,000 (approx. 2015 ₦44,180,499) in five days.[18]

After the decline of the Golden era, Nigerian film industry experienced a second major boom in the 1990s, supposedly marked by the release of the direct-to-video film Living in Bondage (1992); the industry peaked in the mid 2000s to become the second largest film industry in the world in terms of the number of annual film productions, placing it ahead of the United States and behind only India.[19] It started dominating screens across the African continent, and by extension the Caribbeans and the diaspora,[20] with the movies significantly influencing cultures[21] and the film actors becoming household names across the continent. The boom also led to backlash against Nigerian films in several countries, bordering on theories such as the "Nigerialization of Africa".[22][23]
Wikipedia's.cm

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Staro: 10:53am On Jan 14, 2020
coolitempa:
The level of inferiority complex of the SE as against the yorubas is now becoming unbearable. Kilode gan sef Is this a curse or what?

Madam, how old are you?

Why giving yourself high blood pressure for a political statement from a Nigerian politician?
What has "complex issues" got to do with Nigerian politicians dishing out their usual propaganda?

The Ibos I know so well (had lived there) are in competition with themselves and not with Yoruba nor any other ethnic group.
I don't understand how complex issues comes in there.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Tembebe: 10:54am On Jan 14, 2020
Youthleader22:

This are the same people the politicians use to settle political goals. During elections they just give this sets of jobless idiots #1,000-#2000 and you see them shouting[b][/s]sai baba up and down[s] [/b]
By that phrase, you are referring to Buhari supporters on this forum alone bah?
Don't be one sided now,what about those shouting Atiku,Atikulation,like their lives depend on it?
Pls,let's condemn in totality

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by TheBeat: 10:55am On Jan 14, 2020
coolitempa:
The level of inferiority complex of the SE as against the yorubas is now becoming unbearable. Kilode gan sef Is this a curse or what?
Yes that's why they invade your area, buy off your lands and excavate and exhume your ancestors' grave and build mansions.

Did that go well?

Stop dragging an entire tribe into statements issued by careless politicians.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by splashbaby(m): 10:58am On Jan 14, 2020
LabDNA:
Ewedu people lack originality. They even copied the East when Living in bondange an Igbo movie was produced in the 90s. They realized it was time to start producing yoruba movies.
This is when Igbos started doing movies.... Yoruba movies started more than 2 decades before this. Because una no know una master because of lack of knowledge, no be say una no get master. Yorùbá na una master for movies also... So also for the New security outfit.

8 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Nobody: 10:59am On Jan 14, 2020
DEFENDING INCOMPETENCE WITH A SENSELESS EXCUSE. grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Temptee101(m): 10:59am On Jan 14, 2020
Gabkosh:
[s][/s][s]Not surprised at all. Na so their children are claiming to develop the whole world.[/s]

Senseless talk

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by mrkia(m): 11:00am On Jan 14, 2020
In order not for us to be shouting "copy copy" when they eventually succeeded in taking clue from us...sio..

e be like say their elders have the same brain like their youth self after all.. we

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Youthleader22(m): 11:02am On Jan 14, 2020
Tembebe:
By that phrase, you are referring to Buhari supporters on this forum alone bah?
Don't be one sided now,what about those shouting Atiku,Atikulation,like their lives depend on it?
Pls,let's condemn in totality

Lol it’s the sai baba notation I hate the most that’s why I used it. The politicians have eyes everywhere. Both on social media and on ground to see how the masses reacts towards them. We are in another decade of 2020 and the youths are still like this. It’s so painful.
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Tembebe: 11:05am On Jan 14, 2020
emonis88:

I keep wondering, the moderators of this platform n others online bring such news to the front page, so as to start this bickering by Igbos n Yorubas online so as to pull traffic. Pls youths of both extractions should stop falling for this trick. N those youths who r used or paid to post inciting comments, when what u r doing escalates to what u can't control it il consume u together with those who don't know anything about this nonsense n how it started.
I wish this forum can be reported somehow.
Is there an agency that one can report to?
Becos,if care is not taken,what is happening now will result into a full blown war later.
We have called on the mods severally, but they will rather react to mundane news than answer us.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Asifiwe(m): 11:08am On Jan 14, 2020
Yoruba people are very smart and intelligent, they don’t rant about their plans, I am not referring to the merely Academically intelligent Yorubas, I am talking about the elders in the Yoruba tribe, They came up with this Amotekun mantra and local security outfit for south west
They beat the Fulani to this with the creation of Amotekun. Nigeria is obviously at the verge, Nigeria is at the precipice of a collapse
This is what the Fulani will use the federal might to do, to defeat the purpose. They will try to check mate the Amotekun
They will use the police against them, they Police will try to act the Boss, or even malign them or fabricate a crime against the Amotekun
They will create a crisis situation to give them a bad name in order to proscribe them, because the Police will see them as a competitor
I hope the Yoruba's are ready to stick to their guns and refuse to be used or ordered around by the Fulani police. The Fulani assigned the Police in the north to the south and employed no southerner in the North. What a country

This is the best time for Ibos to come up with something because Buhari is as good as dumb. Buhari is too old to do anything in Nigeria, The Man is just retiring with state funds
He signs everything without looking or thinking
He does not know that what the Yoruba are saying indirectly with Amotekun is that we are tired of Nigeria and are ready to form Oduduea republic

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by klax(m): 11:12am On Jan 14, 2020
celeiyke:

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/operation-amotekun-southwest-govs-stole-our-security-idea-ebonyi-govt/amp/

See the most coward and fulani boot licker governor talking. People like you wont let it work if even it was creared.

This governor is the only Governor in SE I can never trust. Anyone that belief this man can participate in anything seen as a direct challenge to fulani invasion that person is just wasting his time.

They stole your idea then create new idea or make use of your stolen idea or keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Aiyk2333: 11:13am On Jan 14, 2020
splashbaby:
This is when Igbos started doing movies.... Yoruba movies started more than 2 decades before this. Because una no know una master because of lack of knowledge, no be say una no get master. Yorùbá na una master for movies also... So also for the New security outfit.
really so u actually want someone to argue u on this when u know the truth!!!!? just one igbo actor I'd need to list ten that are nearly better than him
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by BABSSSOO(m): 11:13am On Jan 14, 2020
LabDNA:
is living in bondange the first movie produced in Nigeria? have you ever heard of Hubert Ogunde, isho pepe...your inferiority complex no dey allow you reason properly again....abeg no be insult o.

9 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by joefelin2345: 11:15am On Jan 14, 2020
ludd2018:

U don't even sound diplomatic u claim. You guys with your gutter brown envelope media condemned Nnandi Kanu when he formed a security outfit to protect the SE but now u went ahead to copy him thru your governors..Truth be told ...bunch of hypocrites. Though I like what ur leaders have done but Yorubas empowered the hausa-fulanis to lord it over others . Your alliance with fulani has destroyed Nigeria . How a more educated Yorubas is playing second fiddle or servant role to illiterate fulanis is what I cant understand. Yorubas in anticipation to spite n destroy Igbos thru Buhari regime now had created a monster that is destroying every body now including Yoruba race ......bad belle is not good .

Go back to history. Your people started it. You team up with NPC in 1959 to form the National Govt instead of AG. You did the same in 1979 when NPP team up with NPN. In 1999, you refused to vote for Chief Olu False instead you preferred Obasanjo who was preferred by Northerners. Who then is a traitor?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by middlebelter(m): 11:16am On Jan 14, 2020
I can't stop loving my people from the East. Always very innovative. Nobody is contesting the source of the idea to float a regional security outfit like Amotekun . I will like to suggest that now that SW has copied your brilliant idea, do us a favour as a country and for the sake of our brothers in SE help us float another type of regional security outfit in SE , perhaps better packaged than Amotekun. That implies better equipment, better remuneration etc. It is called Healthy Competition.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Orpe7(m): 11:20am On Jan 14, 2020
Flat heads have started again
They wont do anything significant in their region but when they see others do it, they will be claiming copyright infringement

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Stanzar7: 11:22am On Jan 14, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
As e dey do their adults na him e dey do their youths

Can't we all stop this hatred. Our children will be disappointed in us ooo.
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by MondayOsunbor(m): 11:24am On Jan 14, 2020
muykem:
Who is this man? Hope he is ok sha.

my people how does mad people like dave umahi end up as a governor of a state ?
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by lakesider(m): 11:27am On Jan 14, 2020
LabDNA:

https://images.app./tCVpPkUMgkJKQWyX7
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Mcdubai: 11:28am On Jan 14, 2020
Stole ur idea!? Does it mean that d operatives of sw will be taking over of your territory as par security purposes. Or it stops u people from commencing ur operandi at earnest.
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by StaffofOrayan(m): 11:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Stanzar7:

Can't we all stop this hatred. Our children will be disappointed in us ooo.

I got no hate bro
It's just surprising how similar it sounds
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by DNSPro: 11:42am On Jan 14, 2020
murphyibiam15:

Shut up , south east started it and Yoruba people stole their ideas
mumu... this is what the elites want you fools to indulge in. This is what Igbo elites fool you with when they fail,playing emotional blackmail and casting blames. I will be the first to beat anyone of them the day it will happen.
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by wink2015(m): 11:43am On Jan 14, 2020
The Ebonyi State Government on Monday said Operation Amotekun security outfit launched in the South-West last week was its brainchild.

It said governors in the South-West region ‘stole’ the security idea from it, saying, “When the Governor of Kano State, muted something about this kind of security architecture in the South, recently,” he was referring to the South-East geo-political zone, in particular.

According to the State Government, until the launch of Operation Amotekun, last week, governors and leaders of the South-East zone, had had elaborate and far-reaching security meetings on how to curtail insecurity in the region, saying the South-West zone only ‘borrowed’ a leap from its South-East counterpart, in its establishment.

The Commissioner for Internal Security and Border Peace, Mr Stanley Emegha, stated this in a telephone interview with our Correspondent, in Abakaliki, on Monday.

Emegha, who disclosed that governors and leaders of the zone, last year, appointed Gen. Obi Umahi, to coordinate the security architecture of the region, added that much was being done to mitigate all forms of insecurity in the land.

According to him, by the end of January, the security efforts and plan of the region would have been made clearer. He added that the creation of the Ministry of Homeland Security, in Abia State, was one of the moves being made by stakeholders, to reduce crimes in the zone.

“The launch of Amotekun in the Southwest is what is already in vogue in Ebonyi State, in particular, and South-East, in general. This is so because traces of insecurity like kidnapping, car- snatching, armed robbery, etc are no longer found in Ebonyi State.

“The actual region the Governor of Kano was talking about for this security initiative, is the South-East, not the Southwest. What they have done is they have just copied what is already in existence in Ebonyi. This kind of security strategy is being put in place and has been made possible by the South-East Security Consultant, Gen. Obi Umahi (retd). But we have been silent about it because we are waiting to launch at the right time.

“Security as a technical endeavour, and that was why many efforts of governors of the zone in this regard, had not been made public. Security is a very serious thing. No dull person can be a criminal. Those who go into criminality are smart and intelligent persons. So we downplay what we do because we don’t want those we are targeting or fighting to cash in on our strategies.

“This is why we don’t disclose some of the things we put in place, in order not to create room for the criminals to strike. Currently, all the happenings in virtual all the Discos in Abakaliki metropolis, are monitored in our server room. Nobody knew when we mounted those cameras and CCTVs.”

Source: https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/operation-amotekun-southwest-govs-stole-our-security-idea-ebonyi-govt/amp/

May because of historical reasons that is why governor Umahi of Ebonyi state is bringing up all this facts.

I am not bothered about who first came up with the idea of this security outfit.

I think what is most important is for the south west to achieve its target of meeting the security needs of the south west region.

AMOTEKUN is just to provide a complementary role to the government security agencies such as the police, civil defence, army etc.
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Kennyswag: 11:52am On Jan 14, 2020
I don't know what is igbo problems with yorubas ooh. Even on their radio biafra page, it is always yoruba that they are shouting..

5 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by kudinkarfe: 11:54am On Jan 14, 2020
AtikuMeansJobs:
PS: Yorubas aint Biafra that got conquered due to hunger, we are self sufficient and well vast in the art of diplomacy

.....in the art of diplomacy and cowardice grin
Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by Josewonder(m): 12:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Those stupid Biafra that does not even know what they want in Nigeria sitting, say sw coping them, how can someone copy a man that does see road, I can't just stop laughing.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Ebonyi Said South-West Governors ‘Stole’ Their Security Idea by obama30: 12:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
celeiyke:

That's how madness use to start, your security outfit that never exist or the existing one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Buhari Praises Father Mbaka, Lauds Catholic Priest’s Steadfastness / COVID-19: My Position On Economy Misreported – Tinubu / NNPC Discovers Oil In Nasarawa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 144
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.