Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,352 members, 7,800,703 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona (612 Views)

Barcelona sacks Head Coach, Quique Setien / Barcelona Sacks Quique Setien / Quique Serien: It Wouldn't Be Fair If Barca Plays Napoli In An Empty Stadium (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by kilisi(m): 8:23pm On Jan 13, 2020
Quique Setien has been chose to take over as Barcelona coach from
Ernesto Valverde.
The Barcelona board approved the decision for the 61-year-old to become the new Blaugrana boss unanimously, with the former Betis
coach's stock having gone up since this morning.
Barring any surprises, Setien will become the new Barcelona boss.
A frenetic day at Barcelona began in the morning when Valverde took his last training session at noon, then president Josip Maria Bartomeu informed him that his time with the club was over.
By the afternoon, and after a tense board meeting, Setien was chosen as coach until June.
The contract details are yet to be finalised, but no problems are expected and Setien 's agent is already in Barcelona.

More to follow

Source: https://www.marca.com/en/football/barcelona/2020/01/13/5e1cbf7122601d111f8b4677.html

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by Astark: 8:26pm On Jan 13, 2020
Mhen this messi guy has haters oo. Just go on any football page on Facebook, twitter and Instagram even when the post doesn't concern messi or Barcelona, they'll still troll and insult him.
Modified
The mumu op has removed the picture, clown

1 Like

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 13, 2020
This op is a big fool.

Tell me any person dead or alive that has won this achievement!!

World cup golden ball
2x copa America best player
Olympic medal and best player
Under 20 world cup best player.

Has Argentina highest goal scoring record ever
Has the most assists in international competition ever.
Damn

1 Like

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by kilisi(m): 8:33pm On Jan 13, 2020
Igbosmoker:
This op is a big fool.

Tell me any person dead or alive that has won this achievement!!

World cup golden ball
2x copa America best player
Olympic medal and best player
Under 20 world cup best player.

Has Argentina highest goal scoring record ever
Has the most assists in international competition ever.
Damn

So much venom in your post.
You be snake?

Anyways, for the records, I'm a Messi fan, but I just searched through my picture archive and the only one relating to Barcelona I found was that Messi picture. I have Ronaldo troll pictures on my phone too. I downloaded them because I see them as funny and nothing more. I no carry footballers for head like gala o. Picture edited sha.

So focus on the news and let's have your take on Barcelona's new coach.

1 Like

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2020
kilisi:

So much venom in your post.
You be snake?

Anyways, for the records, I'm a Messi fan, but I just searched through my picture archive and the only one relating to Barcelona I found was that Messi picture. I have Ronaldo troll pictures on my phone too. I downloaded them because I see them as funny and nothing more. I no carry footballers for head like gala o. Picture edited sha.

So focus on the news and let's have your take on Barcelona's new coach.
I've been following the news on twitter and I already know what's happening, just came to see if the topic has reach nairaland. Was surprised to see the OP trying to depict messi as a failure internationally before he removed it.

As for the new coach, if you watch his games he played beautiful football and barca will now have a new direction unlike Valverde without tactics and innovation, same formation no new plan.

I'm very happy because I wanted this coach sack since like 2 years ago after Roma game

1 Like

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by shogsman(m): 9:18pm On Jan 13, 2020
Anything or anyone is better than valverde,I'm the type that doesn't like to blame the coach for the club's performance but his case is whole new level of incompetence, he is not active in anyway, it's almost as if he doesn't care, what I don't understand is how he lasted this long.
I can't thank athletico Madrid enough for this.

2 Likes

Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by kilisi(m): 12:23am On Jan 14, 2020
Astark:
Mhen this messi guy has haters oo. Just go on any football page on Facebook, twitter and Instagram even when the post doesn't concern messi or Barcelona, they'll still troll and insult him.
Modified
The mumu op has removed the picture, clown

Dobosiyesa!
Re: Quique Setien Chosen To Replace Valverde At Barcelona by Jaywilzee(m): 12:42am On Jan 14, 2020
I struggled to watch Barca games under Ernesto valverde, no team chemistry, no intricate passes and movements,.. just individual brilliance of some players... Just happy we are rid of him .. welcome setien... Let's colour football once more cool

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Jetro Willems Names One Player Faster Than Cristiano Ronaldo / 3 Reasons Ighalo Will Shine As Manchester United Striker / Saturday Sure Odds.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.