Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:11 AM

How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? (1047 Views)

Does Religious Differences Matter In Marriage? / Yvonne Jegede’s Divorce And The Myth Of Irreconcilable Differences In Marriage / 23 Pictures Depicting Differences Between Mom And Dad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by zmpp(f): 8:50pm On Jan 13, 2020
How serious is irreconcilable differences that it make some couples to dissolve their marriages? What do you know about irreconcilable differences?
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by Kendumazy(m): 9:40pm On Jan 13, 2020
zmpp:
How serious is irreconcilable differences that it make some couples to dissolve their marriages? What do you know about irreconcilable differences?

It's a code name to avoid stating what actually happened in order to save face. It could be cheating, domestic violence etc.

5 Likes

Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by rain21(f): 1:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
irreconcilable differences are so many including incompatibility and it's just best they go their separate ways.
how serious?it largely depends on the couple.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by Observer007(m): 10:26am On Jan 21, 2020
undecided

When from both partners you have big egos and pride, big gulf in vision and goals, disagreements and prolonged inability to resolve them, selfishness, and pretty much what the posters above have written, especially INCOMPATIBILITY.

When they get to that point where both parties or at least one has totally given up hope to try to make the marriage work, they both agree for a divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences.

When both parties agree that there's need to highlight any issues anymore nor point accusing fingers. 'Let's just pack our bags and go our separate ways'.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by sisisioge: 11:09am On Jan 21, 2020
Irreconcilable differences occur when couples have gotten to their breaking point...it is that line drawn beyond which could not be crossed. However, it is specific to individual parties involved. "I can not take what I would not take tinz"....I honestly can't deal with domestic violence... Some can deal with that without hassle.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by Richy4(m): 1:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Irreconcilable differences is a no-fault grounds for divorce, which means neither party committed any sort of extenuating act, such as adultery, abandonment or extreme cruelty. In other words, no-fault divorce is just like it sounds—no single party is at fault for the breakdown of the marriage.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by bukatyne(f): 7:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Observer007:
undecided

When from both partners you have big egos and pride, big gulf in vision and goals, disagreements and prolonged inability to resolve them, selfishness, and pretty much what the posters above have written, especially INCOMPATIBILITY.

When they get to that point where both parties or at least one has totally given up hope to try to make the marriage work, they both agree for a divorce on grounds of irreconcilable differences.

When both parties agree that there's need to highlight any issues anymore nor point accusing fingers. 'Let's just pack our bags and go our separate ways'.

I like your definition baje baje.

Then you wonder where the compatibility that made them marry vanished to.

1 Like

Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by Keiris: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
Irreconcilable differences are usually used in court to file for a no-fault divorce. It means that nothing as serious as violence or adultery is the reason for the divorce. Irreconcilable differences could mean that the spouses have fallen out of love, have difficulties finding a balance between family life and work, disagree on finances, lack sexual intimacy, have communication problems or they have simply grown apart and share no common interests.

The only constant is change.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by nnamdibig(m): 7:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
zmpp:

another name for irreconcilable differences is PRIDE.
Re: How Serious Is Irreconcilable Differences? by Observer007(m): 1:15pm On May 23, 2021
bukatyne:

I like your definition baje baje.

Then you wonder where the compatibility that made them marry vanished to.

Exactly. Still a mystery to me.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Need Assistance On Accommodation / Families In Dilemma / Join Happy Couples Intl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.