Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,478 members, 7,801,204 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 12:23 PM

Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State (42524 Views)

Meet Two Sisters Married To Oba Ewuare Of Benin (Photos) / Oba Of Benin Visits Ooni Of Ife / Ijesa Indigenes In Canada Elect Okey Paulicap Okeke, Igbo Man As President (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by rukygold001(f): 9:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Awao!!
This Oba Ewuare ll has truly desecrated the great Benin Kingdom.
He is just gallivanting from one place to other. Oba that is not supposed to leave d palace
The other day he attended Pastor Felix Omobude church instead of attending Holy Church of Arusa at Akpakpava which was his fore-fathers church and Benin traditional church.
He even went to Abuja last year.
I hope he will not travel outside Nigeria before this year end.

His father Oba Erediuwa will be weeping at where he is cos of what this Oba is doing.

I even heard that he change the ancient custom of Oba not seeing the apparent hair to the throne, he now sees his Edaiken of Uselu.

It's high time all the Enogies nd Chiefs in Benin call him to order

Oba ghato o kpe!!

The thing weak me sef,I'm not Edo state but that's where the respect of the oba lies more, scarcity of his appearance, it was said that even the previous Obas dont even come out for their own children's marriage (reception)...
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by Ebenezar2020(m): 10:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
PFRB:
Them all are his subjects. All Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta.
you for kukuma add Akwa Ibom and Cross River State join.
ignorant entity
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by paparazi1(m): 10:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ctorch:
Chief of Staff to the Rivers State Governor, Engr Chukwuemeka Woke receives the Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II to the Government House Port Harcourt.

The Oba is on a historic visit to Rivers State. He will meet with the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers and Edo Indigenes resident in Rivers State during the visit.
Okay
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by TooMuchStuff: 10:17pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ebenezar2020:
fixed.
next time u try not to comment like a slowpoke

Kaci kanianka.

Uwar ka. Kazami
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by eraj4real: 10:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
The Oba with the Governor of Rivers State

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by President2031: 11:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
lebron7:

Mumu
He means people from Benin living in rivers state

The Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare said his visit to Port Harcourt was in line with the tradition established by his late father.

“Following the footsteps of my father who came on a thank you tour after his coronation, we recall with nostalgia my father’s public service in Ahoada many years ago. Port Harcourt, and Rivers State is indeed a second home.

The Oba of Benin said his visit was aimed at strengthening friendly and close relationships between the people.

“I am here to strengthen the friendly relationship and close affinity of our people. History has it that some of the tribes here trace their ancestry to Benin. These include the Ikwerres, the people of Ahoada and Omoku,’’ he said.

He added that he was also in the state to meet with other traditional rulers to influence the process of development.
“I will meet with the South-South monarchs who were present at the coronation so that we can share ideas with them on ways of strengthening the traditional institution in Nigeria and ensure the development and wellbeing of our people.

“We would like to use this opportunity of this visit to appreciate the cordial relationship between the good people of Edo State and the good people of Rivers State,’’ he said.
He extended a special invitation to the government and people of Rivers to participate in the celebration of the Igue Festival.

(NAN)
Source:
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/south-south-regional/372644-wike-to-benin-monarch-resolve-oshimohole-obaseki-feud.html

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by naijacentric(m): 2:46am On Jan 15, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked
What is his job actually, how does sitting in the palace 24 hours help benin as a whole its time to scrap this yahoo royal fathers dey are nothing like the ancestors

Awao!!
He is just gallivanting from one place to other. Oba that is not supposed to leave d palace
The other day he attended Pastor Felix Omobude church instead of attending Holy Church of Arusa at Akpakpava which was his fore-fathers church and Benin traditional church.

His father Oba Erediuwa will be weeping at where he is cos of what this Oba is doing.

I even heard that he change the ancient custom of Oba not seeing the apparent hair to the throne, he now sees his Edaiken of Uselu.

Oba ghato o kpe!!
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by naijacentric(m): 2:46am On Jan 15, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

What is his job actually, how does sitting in the palace 24 hours help benin as a whole its time to scrap this yahoo royal fathers dey are nothing like the ancestors

Awao!!

Oba ghato o kpe!!
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by juman(m): 5:10am On Jan 15, 2020
BobbyHammar:
Nice.

Do you want to get rid of belly fat without any expensive medical procedure?

Kindly check my signature and get in touch.

To get rid of belly fat is easy.
One just eat lesser amount of food everytime.
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by Back2Daura(m): 5:54am On Jan 15, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Awao!!

Oba ghato o kpe!!

Is now clear to you that the gods are wise
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by 7thBizie: 8:57am On Jan 15, 2020
Fasindo:
shocked

Awao!!

Oba ghato o kpe!!

Your post exposes you. Shows your lack of knowledge pertaining to what you are commenting on:
1. Oba Erediauwa (current Oba's father) visited Nembe in Bayelsa state and other places to on a thank you visit after coronation
2. Because people change, cukture or tradition also changes to reflect current realities. Oba Akenzua (Erediauwa's father) changed the custom where the Obas don't have siblings from his mother ie once a the queen gives birth to the heir, she stops giving birth.

Oba ghato o kpe!! Iseeee
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by 1kinggy(m): 10:57am On Jan 15, 2020
iluvdonjazzy:
Benin is really the GREAT KINGDOM, almost the whole Nigeria migrated from the great Benin kingdom.

Don't stop whatever you're taking.
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by President2031: 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ctorch:
Chief of Staff to the Rivers State Governor, Engr Chukwuemeka Woke receives the Oba of Benin, His Royal Majesty, Omo N’Oba N’Edo, Uku Akpolokpolo, Ewuare II to the Government House Port Harcourt.

The Oba is on a historic visit to Rivers State. He will meet with the Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike, the Rivers State Council of Traditional Rulers and Edo Indigenes resident in Rivers State during the visit.

Watch the video where he said Ikwerre people are from Benin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rb6oLOEYOI
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by 0monnak0da: 8:34pm On Jan 15, 2020
Where is his Staff of office?
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by President2031: 12:20am On Jan 16, 2020
atmstyle:
You this boy you have start again eo. The article said Edo people resident in Rivers.

Listen to Oba of Benin saying Ikwerre people are originally from Benin.

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by President2031: 12:23am On Jan 16, 2020
Ebenezar2020:

Because Ikwerre speak igbo language and dress like igbos doesn't mean they are Igbos.
The French policy of Assimilation had it that all the French colonies Senegal, Cameroon, Togo etc must speak and dress and assimilate the Culture of France even till when they all had Independence they still have that French Culture deeply rooted in their way of life.
Now lemme ask because they speak French and dress like French does that make them French Men?
You know the answer.
So Ikwerre are not Igbos, before and during the Civil war Igbos invaded Ikwerre and killed all our men, raped and married our women and forced their language on our parents, renamed our communities to Igbo names and then that's how Igboid influence spread throughout Ikwerre, Etche-Igbo and Ndoni land.
I know you're apparently Pained because our eyes have been enlightened and if a referendum is to be conducted then 99% of Riverians will remain in Nigeria and detest Biafra.
Jimyjames Lzaa Immhotep

Thank you! Even The Oba of Benin confirmed it on this video.

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by President2031: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2020
jimyjames:

Lol so what's special in the oba visiting rivers state , a whole ooni of ife was seen catwalking while people laughed at him

Has wike visited oba of Bini before no has the ikwerres visited him before no

Watch the video and listen to Wike saying he visit the Oba of Benin.

You igbos just open your mouth and talk without thinking.

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by jimyjames(m): 7:11am On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=President2031 post=85833330][/quote]

And so what if wike visited the oba of Bini didn't he visit the brother the governor of imo state and broke kola with him as brothers?

He is the oha dike of Igbo kingdom what tittle does he have in Bini kingdom?

Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by dogheart: 8:48am On Jan 16, 2020
Kinematics:

Yes you may be right in a way but not entirely. Based on language, way of life and political inclinations here are the tribes in Rivers state by LGA;

Abua/Odual - Ijoid
Ahoada East - Igboid
Ahoada West - Igboid/Ijoid
Akuku-Toru - Ijoid
Andoni - Ijoid
Asari-Toru - Ijoid
Bonny - Ijoid
Degema - Ijoid
Eleme - Ogoni
Emohua - Igboid
Etche - Igboid
Gokana - Ogoni
Ikwerre - Igboid
Khana - Ogoni
Obio-Akpor - Igboid
Ogba/Egbema/Ndoni - Igboid
Ogu–Bolo - Ijoid
Okrika - Ijoid
Omuma - Igboid
Opobo–Nkoro - Ijoid
Oyigbo - Igboid
Port Harcourt - Igboid/Ijoid
Tai - Ogoni

KALABARI IS A KINGDOM AND NOT EVEN A CLAN. A KINGDOM MADE UP OF VARIOUS IJAW CLANS.. ANDONI ARE ALSO IJAW.
Re: Oba Of Ewuare Of Benin Visits Edo Indigenes In Rivers State by UGBE634: 7:27am On Jul 17, 2021
Ebenezar2020:
even Auchi i.e Etsako lands, Esan other tribes in Edo state are not part of the Oba's subjects.
He is Oba of the 7 Bini speaking communities in Edo state.
The Binis have over four hundred Bini speaking communities aside the city. 7 local government you meant to say.

The history of all Edo people is tied to his throne, his Kingdom and his stool. Most kingdoms outside Edo south (Bini speaking areas)in Edo state have an history of migrating from Benin kingdom, Their rulers directly affiliated with him by blood and others. The only community I can say is not connected to Benin or remotely connected to Benin in the whole of Edo state is Igarra.
So they accord him that respect of being the king of their roots that's why he is the permanent chairman of Edo state traditional council.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Noise About Abobaku Online.....the Culture Has Been Abolished Years Ago. / Man Killed In Benin While Testing Charms’ Efficacy / Yoruba Dad Teaching His Biracial Kids Yoruba Language (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.