Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,857 members, 7,802,748 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:39 PM

My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) - Pets (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) (102726 Views)

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger / UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Chimpanzee Helps A Man Climb Tree (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Drakkernoir: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Whatsup with catching weird animals lately

Winter is coming
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by AerialMapper: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
Why didnt your kids just put them back in the tree?

Why didn't you encourage your kids to put them back on the tree?

Until one day when dinosaurs or King Kong or even Godzilla come back...

You will be going about your normal life, one KingKong will just see you and carry you back home, then it will log onto KingKong nairaland and be asking his mates "i caught this strange bushmeat, do you know what it is"?

KingKong's children will tie rope on your waist and be feeding you grass because they dont know what you usually eat... You will be wondering who you offended and why you were taken away from your normal existence

Let us learn to respect nature and all species

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Skepticus: 12:16pm On Jan 14, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:
[color=#006600][/color]

yeah are you right "mort". I wonder why people are calling them Bushbabies. They are mouse lemurs

They are not mouse lemurs. These are galagos

Lemurs are restricted to the islands in Madagascar.

However, lemurs are believed to be descended from Mainland African Bush babies.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 14, 2020
why kidnapped your neighbor's children?
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by CapedBaldy: 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
IAMPhoenix007:
[color=#006600][/color]

yeah are you right "mort". I wonder why people are calling them Bushbabies. They are mouse lemurs
I don't even know what a busybaby is

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by mayormick(m): 12:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skepticus:

Mongooses are the ones notorious for killing snakes. Meerkats do too but occasionally. Well, Galagos are frugivores (fruit eaters), eat lives and sometimes, insects.

Pictures 1 and 2 are meerkats. Notice the size of the head and eyes and compare with pictures 3 and 4 which are that of a lesser Galagos.
Thanks so much bro, at least I now know another animal called galagos. Lolz

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Skepticus: 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
TheWalkingMind:
Because those zoologist you're talking about have been to the remote forest of every village in every state of this country, thus and so every country in the Africa continent?

These animals may exist here, or anywhere apart from where it's reported.

Why do you people always refuse to learn even when your ignorance is being corrected?

Yesterday, one dumbo repeated the same line you just mentioned yesterday when I corrected him that Black Mambas are not found in Western Africa and that not all black snakes found in Nigeria are black mambas.

GamalNasser assertion that Tarsiers are not found in West Africa is correct. It's backed by years of research documented since the times European biologists began studying animals in details from the 1700s.

If you don't know a thing and someone gives an hint, try to read up more on it. You'll become knowledgeable.

Ignorance and our refusal to learn is the reason why Nigeria is in such mess because those who don't know are leading, those who know are shut down by the ignorant masses who exalt these foolish leaders. Just look at Buhari!

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Enzio(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Na so Ibola take start. O

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by jeff1607(m): 12:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
King Julian is back
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
peakgal:
Baby bush
Bush baby.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by ikorodureporta: 12:28pm On Jan 14, 2020
yr kids no fear say e go bite them, & give incurable disease like we can't figure out their names
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by BluntBoy(m): 12:29pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayormick:
They are called meerkat, "Meerkats, being wild animals, make poor pets". Read they can be aggressive especially towards guest but will scent - mark their owner and their territory. All this from google bro

Looks more like a galago. Look at the ears.

2 Likes

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by somehow: 12:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
kid : baby goat

why would anyone want to share the name of a baby goat with their own children?

or is there no name for children again that you are now dragging a name with goats?

When I saw the headline, my mind interpreted it to :

My babygoats caught these baby animals that fell from the tree.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by abdullkabar(m): 12:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
You get mind oo
As much as I like animals, I don't play with something strange
Do you know what diseases or parasites it could be carrying?
What if it bites you?
Just let them be, or return them back to the tree, hopefully their parents will find them.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by akigbemaru: 12:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
ngsoundin:
It is known as Bush baby or Aye Aye it is really uncommon in Nigeria,they sound like a new born baby and are nocturnal animals.
So what location in Nigeria are you staying?

They are common in Nigeria. They are called Ajantala in the South Western part of Nigeria. Call them Bush Baby, Galago, Tarsier or Aye Aye, they are very native to Madagascar, where the natives see them as forbidden evil spirits that must be killed upon sighting to ward off evils. But the ones in Madagascar are more of creepers than the nimble and agile ones in Phillpines.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2020
mezarddinny:
wetin dey sup for nairaland na? na everyday una dey see animal
As in eh. Oluwa wetin dey Animate for NL grin
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by DavidEsq(m): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
AerialMapper:
Why didnt your kids just put them back in the tree?

Why didn't you encourage your kids to put them back on the tree?

Until one day when dinosaurs or King Kong or even Godzilla come back...

You will be going about your normal life, one KingKong will just see you and carry you back home, then it will log onto KingKong nairaland and be asking his mates "i caught this strange bushmeat, do you know what it is"?

KingKong's children will tie rope on your waist and be feeding you grass because they dont know what you usually eat... You will be wondering who you offended and why you were taken away from your normal existence

Let us learn to respect nature and all species

Ah swear, u are not well at all o grin grin grin
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by mayormick(m): 12:47pm On Jan 14, 2020
BluntBoy:

Looks more like a galago. Look at the ears.
yea skepticus also said same, thanks a lot

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by christabba: 12:49pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bush baby na
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by mxhibit(m): 12:52pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Lol...they don turn NL to zoo website.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by crafteck(m): 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Bush babies, they fell cos they are nocturnal animals

1 Like

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Cotton(m): 1:12pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayormick:
They are called meerkat, "Meerkats, being wild animals, make poor pets". Read they can be aggressive especially towards guest but will scent - mark their owner and their territory. All this from google bro
Jesus Christ! These are not meerkats!!
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Namdeenero(m): 1:14pm On Jan 14, 2020
Fuckthamods:
Nairalanders are so dumb sha.. This isn't a bush baby though they look alike. Those saying it's a meerkat are irredeemable cry
I suspect it's an infant lemur though I'm not sure
Lemur are only native to the island of Madagascar
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by otes35: 1:24pm On Jan 14, 2020
The way Bush baby use plenty for nairaland this days ehn
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Kokoebapluse(m): 1:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
Don't kill them o those animals are from Australia mistakenly enter Nigeria think something will be better after escaping the big fire.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by xbox360: 1:32pm On Jan 14, 2020
starbuck:
What Animal Is This?

My kids caught this little animals when it fell down from a tree when they were playing... They wanted to rear it but they eventually died off 2 days later when they were bathing them grin grin grin (more like drowned them) as I could not kill it..

They eat banana, rice, give them milk too
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by KennyLenz(m): 1:34pm On Jan 14, 2020
Thats a racoon
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
YOUNGELDER1:
Deforestation and global warming
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by bisoye11(m): 1:35pm On Jan 14, 2020
I believe we are witnessing a migration of animal from the Australian fire incident, I meant be wrong tho.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by sulasa07(m): 1:36pm On Jan 14, 2020
KennyLenz:
Thats a racoon
Raccoon ko,CoonRa ni
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Perceptor(m): 1:38pm On Jan 14, 2020
Fuckthamods:
Nairalanders are so dumb sha.. This isn't a bush baby though they look alike. Those saying it's a meerkat are irredeemable cry
I suspect it's an infant lemur though I'm not sure
You called people dumb yet even you dont know what the animal is yourself.
That is a Galago!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.