Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,541 members, 7,801,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) - Pets (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) (102719 Views)

10 Animals That Will Kill A Full Grown Tiger / UK's Top Diplomatic Cat Retires To Spend More Time With Favourite Tree (Photos) / Chimpanzee Helps A Man Climb Tree (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Villain7: 1:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Dkyz:

Wowwwww... Meet at

Sad tho... Those were very intelligent creatures.... They also kill snakes for a living. Your loss.
If you know the name, Please tell me/ us.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by delawal: 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
op no go chop sth that will give u ebola
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by kenny714433(m): 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Gobblings. �����
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by TheWalkingMind: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
Skepticus:

Why do you people always refuse to learn even when your ignorance is being corrected?

Yesterday, one dumbo repeated the same line you just mentioned yesterday when I corrected him that Black Mambas are not found in Western Africa and that not all black snakes found in Nigeria are black mambas.

GamalNasser assertion that Tarsiers are not found in West Africa is correct. It's backed by years of research documented since the times European biologists began studying animals in details from the 1700s.

If you don't know a thing and someone gives an hint, try to read up more on it. You'll become knowledgeable.

Ignorance and our refusal to learn is the reason why Nigeria is in such mess because those who don't know are leading, those who know are shut down by the ignorant masses who exalt these foolish leaders. Just look at Buhari!
You just typed a whole bunch of nonsense my friend. To even think all animals have been documented is laughable. To enunciate they have been well studied is the height of all fallacy. To the point, you have only succeeded in doing what a typically supposedly learned African man would do: trust everything to the book, ruling out possibilities.

Not every animals exist in the book, just as much not all elements have been discovered. To correct your rich ignorance, more animals exists in the jungle yet undiscovered. You can fact that out.

To the matter, absoluteness is unattainable. And that pretty much applies to anything including animal geo distribution. Now if you will excuse me.

3 Likes

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ikem11:
They look cute don't kill it rather put it in a cage and feed them as pets

Read the post again, slowly this time
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by mayor10(m): 2:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
See how much you just lost by allowing them die

https://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/bush-baby-for-sale.asp
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Henri8: 2:04pm On Jan 14, 2020
Isn't that Alvin the chipmunk?
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Tonyspecial:
Lunch Served

Lunch? Did you see how tiny those things are? Wonderful
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
jodoh:
These are Koalas..

No sir
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jan 14, 2020
They are called Galagos or Bush babies
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galago
Very difficult to keep as pets.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by lilybonny(f): 2:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
Wow, so I finally get to see a small bush baby... Its looks so innocent n cute at the same time I used to think they attacked n killed human beings...guess It was a fake tale and my innocent mind then bought it smiley
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:08pm On Jan 14, 2020
Looks like a koala
They are indigenous to Australia.. I'm surprised we actually have them here..
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:10pm On Jan 14, 2020
Enculer2:
All the illiterate on this post, the animals are not wierd

They're weird bro/sis being literate means nothing here. I'm awed by their look and size, that's weird shiit.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayor10:
See how much you just lost by allowing them die

https://www.exoticanimalsforsale.net/bush-baby-for-sale.asp

I beg don't encourage a mass stampede of NLers hunting bush babies out of existence. The ones for sale are home bred and tame. The ones in the wild are a protected specie, and to get them to where you will sell them for that price is a whole long process of cross border transportation amd quarantine. That is why that specimen cost so much.

2 Likes

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by PrinxArthur1(m): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2020
keeping them as pets is not advised (like many other nonhuman primates, they are considered likely sources of diseases that can cross species barriers),

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Bigfishlee45(m): 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
this is Galago also called African bush baby
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Breadfruit: 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2020
Not in this era of Ebola and other virulent, deadly infections.
Teach them not to pick up strange, wild animals please.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by lucky4west: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2020
yeah use to see these creatures in those days in the village, they were usually killed for meat...tree dwellers
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by naturefellow(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Your kids are fearless sha. Why let them keep such queer animals as pet... And where do you live BTW that wild creatures are falling from trees ? Hopefully, they don't have an elephant fall on them soon.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by tityboi: 4:05pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hmmm
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by yeman1(m): 4:21pm On Jan 14, 2020
They are scary but u can take good care of them as ur pet
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by mmsen: 4:23pm On Jan 14, 2020
Trendy247:
Cookit

Please slap yourself.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Newmans: 4:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
This animal is called ikiri.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Newmans: 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
This ikiri can only be found in the south eastern part of Nigeria

Very beautiful and friendly animal but it can bite ooh.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 4:44pm On Jan 14, 2020
mayormick:
They are called meerkat, "Meerkats, being wild animals, make poor pets". Read they can be aggressive especially towards guest but will scent - mark their owner and their territory. All this from google bro
Did you even Google meerkat before posting this?
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by BlindedIrony(m): 5:01pm On Jan 14, 2020
Ah! Nigerians and their senseless savagery.

How is it that whenever you meet an animal you haven't met, seen or heard before, you instantly want to kill it? You kill stray cats, snakes, rodents, birds (including owls that take care of poisonous snakes) and other wild animals. You have caused extinctions of many a species! This post obviously show what an ignorant illiterate the Nigerian that posted this article is. It is something to be an illiterate, but it is another thing to be very ignorant.

You had your phone. From your picture pixel, one could obviously tell it has a web app. All you had to is take a picture and post on google search engine if you were that paranoid or incredibly curious like you are trying to project to us. You did not! Instead, you are telling me that two animal babies of a very rare and nearly-extincted species got drowned by your kids , while you were contemplating whether to kill or not to kill them. Look at the bright side, your kids succeeded where you failed because you were won by their cuteness instead of their rights to exist in the same space as you. Feel for the animal mother. You are a mother, aren't you? Would it have hurt your hands to take them back to their bush and let their mother find them from their cries like all animal mothers do?

You did not think the animal mother must have left its young to go folder for their food just like you go to the market to buy foods for your young. You don't think humans alone have that maternal extinct, do you? I bet you have not experienced a mother bird snatching its young from a human when a human picks one that have fallen from the nest.

Some third world countries are trying hard to save the remaining wild life they have left, but Nigerians kill any suspicion looking animals and in a few case even suspicion-looking humans! This is very sad and pathetic. At the rates at which these non-threatening and threatening wild animals are killed, our great grandchildren will be lucky to see a native wild animal in their life time!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by delishpot: 5:07pm On Jan 14, 2020
Those are babies that fell off the nest and would deff die without their mothers care. You should have just left them where they found them and their mom would have picked them up(most likely). Just incase of another time.
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by jodoh: 5:20pm On Jan 14, 2020
Lucid1:

No sir
OK sir!
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by Happyguy201: 5:39pm On Jan 14, 2020
poster your a big fool for allowing your stupid kids to kill those harmless little creature why didnt you put it back where you found it so the mom can come for them or let them go .instead of holding them captive for 2 days and then you people drowned it and killed it oya go and cook it and eat . foolish nigerians
Re: My Kids Caught These Little Animals That Fell Down From A Tree (Photos) by TheSourcerer: 5:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
Kolisky:
grin grin grin
how many times you dey resign?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Police Search For Man Who Painted Dog Like Tiger To Scare Locals In Malaysia / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? / Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.