Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,875 members, 7,806,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:32 PM

Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe (104448 Views)

'The Palmwine Drinkard' By Amos Tutuola & How It Relates To Social Media Slaying / Married And Single (18+) / Sassy And Slaying: Diary Of A Single Naija Babe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 4:08pm On Mar 02, 2020
KYLEJP:
Kudos to your work. Thanks for the update...
Thanks. You're welcome

1 Like

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by rukidanty: 4:37pm On Mar 02, 2020
thanks for the update
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 5:59pm On Mar 02, 2020
rukidanty:
thanks for the update
Babes mi... You're welcome
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 6:51pm On Mar 02, 2020
MARRIED AND SLAYING: DIARY OF MRS. NWAKAEGO ETADAFE

Episode 12

Dear Diary,

21st December, 2018.

I love Christmas! I so, so, so love Christmas. I wish everyday was Christmas. Oh diary, I am so, so excited right now. Guess what? Remember I told you that Praise said he has a Christmas surprise for me. Guess what it is. Guess diary. Guess now. Praise said we are going to spend our Christmas in Paris! Can you imagine? I am going to Paris! The city of love and romance and sizzling passion.

Oh diary... I am so expecting an exhilarating Christmas. Praise said we are leaving in three days time and we will be back a day after the New Year day. I need to plan ahead. I have so many engagements this fiesta season. I hope I can trust my staff. They have always handled things well whenever I am away. But, I have never been gone more than three, four days. Leaving things in their hands for a week plus will involve a lot of brainstorming, delegation and trust on my path. God help me.

There is no way I am going to pass on, on this surprise romantic holiday with Praise because of money. I need to cater for my Hubby's needs first, before anything else. He wants to spoil me, so why should I stop him? Why should I pour sand-sand inside my own garri? Odikwa serious o. I might as well enjoy myself.

Something unimaginable also went down today. I have got gist for you diary. A neighbour of mine, Okikiola Bamidele, whose house is not directly opposite mine, lives with her mum and three kids. I once told you that I have never set my eyes on her husband. I assumed that he was one of those men who abandon their wives and children in the country while they seek greener pastures overseas.

But diary, I was wrong. I got the shocker of my life when eye popping things unfolded this afternoon. It all started when I was coming from the Pharmacy. I saw a man in his forties coming out of Okiki's compound, holding the hand of her first son, six year old Gbemileke. I could see the resemblance between father and son. So I thought her husband was home for Christmas.

But in less than two hours, I saw another man, going into Okiki's house and he was carrying her second son, four year old Tubosun. The boy looks just like the man! I became confused. Was the lady married to more than one man? While I was still pondering on these things, a third man arrived with Okiki's last child, two year old Simisola and she looks just like her father.

I became apprehensive. Three men, three kids. What's going on? I went to meet Praise in the living room, while he was watching a football match. I had to seduce my way into getting his attention. Hahaha... He said Okiki wasn't married to any of those men. They were all her baby daddies!

Gbemileke's father was a medical doctor and he was married with children. Tubosun's father was an engineer and he was also married. Simisola's father is single and was a Barrister, but he had dozens of women like Okiki who had kids for him. Praise said Okiki was well taken care of by these three men. They paid the bills and spoil their kids rotten at every given opportunity.

Praise also said that Okiki's mother was staying with her because Okiki often travel to Dubai, China, UK and other part of the globe to get her goods. She sold Hair Extensions for a living.

Ah diary, what kind of life is this o? It seems this lady has chosen to live this way. Praise said she has been his neighbour for more than a decade.

But, what will make a woman settle for this kind of life? Poverty? Greed? Heart Break? What?
Money wasn't everything. I know this now. Or maybe she is one of those ladies who prefer to raise kids, rather than to be stuck with one man, and in one marriage, for the rest of their lives. I don't know again o.

Even when I was living a wild life, I still wanted to settle down, fall in love and get married. If Praise and I never met, I would still not have settled for a baby mama's status. Even if I got pregnant, I will keep the baby and I will still hope to fall in love and get married.

Well, everyone have their lives cut out for them. I think most people know what they want out of life. But, I wonder how she is coping. Three men, three kids. Wow! With the way she carries herself in the neighbourhood, I don't think she gives two kobo about what people thought of her. I like her guts sha. She try, biko.

Enough gossip for today. I need to call my staff and intimate them of how I want things done while I'm gone. Nobody is gonna mess up my business in my absence. They never born the person.

Got to go diary.

Merry Christmas.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Ann2012(f): 10:15am On Mar 04, 2020
Thanks for the update ma'am
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by rukidanty: 11:37pm On Mar 04, 2020
thanks for the update and more ink to your pen
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 2:15pm On Mar 05, 2020
rukidanty:
thanks for the update and more ink to your pen

*winks*
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Nobody: 7:45am On Mar 07, 2020
Ann2012:
I'm back dear
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Ann2012(f): 9:33am On Mar 07, 2020
LightQueen:
I'm back dear

Welcome back babe kiss
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 6:46pm On Mar 07, 2020

Episode 13

Dear Diary,

4th January, 2019.

Happy New Year Diary! I am so happy that Praise and I made it into 2019. Oh diary, I am looking forward to a innovative and lots of goodies New year. Praise and I returned from our Christmas vacation two days ago. We had a splendid time in Paris. Too much enjoyment if you ask me.

The day we got to Paris, we didn't leave our hotel room for three whole days. Hahahaha... This vacation was like a second honeymoon for me. We had breakfast, lunch and dinner in bed for 72 hours straight. My husband and I wined and dined to stupor! And with enough bedmatics... Hahaha... this man no go kill me sha. We die here together, confirm.

On the fourth day of our vacation, we joined a tourists group and explored the romantic city. We went to the Louvre Museum, then visited the Eiffel Tower, and we had a group picnic at a fancy park. It was indeed a memorable day. I took loads of pictures and posted them on Instagram and Facebook.

Paris is a beautiful city. I am going to go back there in the nearest future.

Diary, today was kinda weird. And sad too. Right now, I think Jemila is still crying in the guest room of her house. That's where we left her this morning. Hope you remember Jemila, one of my new neighbours' wife. She owns a boutique down the street. I remember when she once told me that she was scared that her educated husband might take in a second wife because she had not been able to give the man a child yet.

Oh diary, Jemila's fears came true today. Praise and I were woken up from our beauty sleep by Jemila's screams and her husband's raised voice. For crying out loud, it was just a few minutes past six in the morning and all hell had been let loose.

We didn't know what was happening. And I was scared. Praise went outside and I followed him. I would have died of fear if I had stayed back in bed. The security guard told us that Jemila and her husband, Danlandi, were fighting.

We went to the gate and saw Danlandi holding the hand of a strange woman. The lady looked younger than Jemila, who was in her early twenties. It was obvious that Jemila was blocking their way into the house.

While she screamed obscenities at them, Danlandi swore to beat her into a pulp. I looked around and saw two, three families watching the commotion from their gates too. I felt so, so sorry for Jemila. It wasn't her fault that she had no child yet. She wasn't God and she couldn't create children with the snap of her fingers.

Within the twinkle of an eye, Danlandi charged at his wife and the slaps started to come. I counted one, two, three! Praise left my side, ran to the man and pulled him away before the fourth slap landed on Jemila's sore face.

The slaps brought the poor girl to her knees. I won't be surprised if the man's palm left an imprint on her face. Those slaps were from hell! I could hear them from where I stood.

Oh diary, Jemila was just crying and crying. Danlandi took the strange younger girl into the house, while Praise helped Jemila to her feet. I left the gate and followed them into the house.

Jemila cried and cried and cursed the day she married her husband. We tried to console her, but nothing worked. The woman was torn in pieces. I have no idea what she was feeling, what was going on in her head, no idea at all.

I hate polygamy with a passion. Me, I cannot share my husband with any woman or anyone. I just can't. He is mine and mine alone. Everybody else should just move over. They should just park well and face front, mbok.

I pray and hope that some time soon, God will wipe Jemila's tears away and give her a child. I plan to go check up on her tomorrow. I just hope the new wife isn't a trouble maker. If she is, that house will soon turn to Fuji house of commotion. I don't envy Jemila at all.

Na wa for all these our neighbours o. So, let's assume Praise wasn't around, is that how they will all watch while Danlandi beat up his wife?
I am shaking my head right now. So somebody cannot even depend on them in one's time of need. This kind neighbourhood self, eh get as eh be. I give them my elbow. They have failed woefully.

I can hear the horn of Praise's car. He is home, diary. He left the house to get us some sharwama and ice cream. We ain't eating any home cooked meal tonight. It is junk all the way.

Bye diary... my tummy is already roaring.

Mwuah!

6 Likes

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by favch(f): 8:26pm On Mar 07, 2020
madam, your own marriage and is almost a year if not up to but you haven't said anything about children, am just watching you Sha
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Ann2012(f): 9:45pm On Mar 07, 2020
Keep enjoying your husband oooo

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by rukidanty: 10:47pm On Mar 07, 2020
favch:
madam, your own marriage and is almost a year if not up to but you haven't said anything about children, am just watching you Sha
you are right o..upon all the bedmatic stunts,still no pregnancy.we need to check her well
anyway thanks for the update
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by cyndy1000(f): 12:22am On Mar 08, 2020
I laugh when she said she can't share Praise has she forgotten so soon her n Mr Nose n how his wife will fight her
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Asco9ty5(f): 5:46am On Mar 08, 2020
You must share Praise oo grin grin grin, not after sharing Nosa with his wife.
Nice piece ma'am.

1 Like

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 12:13pm On Mar 08, 2020
favch:

Are you a monitoring spirit?

Hahahaha...
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 12:14pm On Mar 08, 2020
Ann2012:
Keep enjoying your husband oooo
*winks*
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
rukidanty:
you are right o..upon all the bedmatic stunts,still no pregnancy.we need to check her well
anyway thanks for the update

Monitoring spirit things... Hahahaha
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 12:15pm On Mar 08, 2020
cyndy1000:
I laugh when she said she can't share Praise has she forgotten so soon her n Mr Nose n how his wife will fight her

Hmmmmmmm...
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 12:16pm On Mar 08, 2020
Asco9ty5:
You must share Praise oo grin grin grin, not after sharing Nosa with his wife.
Nice piece ma'am.

You're welcome darling...

This table you people are shaking sha... lol
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by jenifer007: 1:01pm On Mar 08, 2020
Good work

1 Like

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 1:22pm On Mar 08, 2020
jenifer007:
Good work
Thanks
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by favch(f): 11:02pm On Mar 08, 2020
SheWrites:

Are you a monitoring spirit?
Hahahaha...
lol more power to your elbow ma'am
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 10:58am On Mar 10, 2020

Episode 14

Dear Diary,

10th of January, 2019.

I am seated at the dining, putting down my thoughts, trying to release the accumulated tension of the day. A lot happened today. Thank God it's Friday. But I am not looking forward to this weekend at all. I have three outdoor events and I wish I can stay at home and rest and relax and do nothing stressful.

My clientele has doubled over time. And I thank God. Now I cater for more than two dozen people who order breakfast, lunch and dinner on a daily basis. The ones who make weekly orders for soups and stews have also tripled. And my outdoor event clients have greatly increased. All glory to God. But, most days, I feel overworked. Some days, I feel like a truck ran all over me.

I had to get another delivery van and employ two more drivers. I employed more cooks too. And to make things better, if not worse, my P.A is not around. She is preparing for her traditional marriage and she would be moving to Port Harcourt immediately after the white wedding.

Come February, I have to find a replacement. I have gotten so used to this lady. She knows me in and out. She basically ran my business in my absence, and yes, with the help of my manager. Thank God he is a married man and his family are here in Lagos.

It is not easy getting reliable staff these days. How am I supposed to find a new P.A in less than 4 weeks? One of the cooks said her younger sister was unemployed after completing her service year, last year. Maybe I might give her a trial. I think I have seen the girl once or twice. Wetin man pikin go do na.

Oh diary, something crazy happened this evening when I returned from my business place. Remember Kamsiyo? One of my neighbours. The one that owns a salon down the street.

Remember I told you that we talked when I went to her salon to make my hair. Kamsiyo has two girls and she ain't ready to take in again because she almost died twice on labour day. But her in-laws were not happy and her husband's silence was encouraging them to keep tormenting her.
Just as I was about to drive into my compound, I saw Kamsiyo standing at the gate of her house. Three women circled her and they were throwing insults at her. I practically heard everything they were saying. One of the women was her mother-in-law and the other two were her sister-in-laws.
These women were threatening her. They said they would send her packaging if she doesn't bear a male child by the end of the year. I was just astounded. When did Kamsiyo become God? How was she supposed to give herself a male child? What kind of people were this?

Then I saw Arinze, Kamsiyo's husband, he was also at the gate, but standing far away from his wife and his people. Why wasn't he saying anything? Why wasn't he defending his wife? Why let his family reduce her to nothing with their hurtful words? What kind of man was he?

I became angry. I wanted to interfer. I wanted to defend Kamsiyo. I wanted to knock Arinze's head, maybe his sense would return. Then I saw Praise at our gate, he beckoned to me to come in. While I drove in, I saw Adesuwa and Iniabasi, my other neighbours, laughing at what was happening.

I was just pissed. What's wrong with all these people? Adesuwa has two boys and Iniabasi has a boy and a girl. Was that why they were laughing at Kamsiyo? Don't they know that what goes around comes around?

My heart ached as I walked into the house with Praise. I asked him why Arinze wasn't defending his wife and he just shrugged. I could see the pain in Praise's eyes. He wasn't happy either.
We ate dinner in silence, we were probably lost in thoughts. Right now, Praise is watching CNN while I am at the dining, writing. I can still hear the noise coming from the Nwigwe's compound. That's Kamsiyo's home. I pray God will comfort her tonight. And I hope her in-laws from hell will also leave and go back to their own houses.

Life sha. I saw Jemila some days ago. She told me that her husband has moved her things to the guest room, while the new wife, Zarah, stays with him in the master bedroom. She is not happy, but she has accepted her fate. She hoped that God would shame her enemies and give her a child soonest.

Her family were aware of the situation and they want her to remain in her husband's house and make the best of the situation. While her in-laws claim that Danlandi was free to marry as many wives as he wanted. Can you just imagine?

Jemila says she isn't happy sharing her husband with another woman, but she had no other choice. One of the annoying things she was facing now was that the kitchen has been shared into two. She has her space to cook and Zarah has hers.

Presently, she and the new wife rotate days that they cook for Danlandi. But for a while, he hasn't been to her bedroom. I believe the man is still plunging into the hole of the new wife. Jemila assumes that the bedmatics will also be put on a roaster.

She plan to face her boutique business for now, while she wait on God to bless her with the fruit of the womb. I assured her that I will keep her in my prayers.

Oh diary, some women are suffering. I cannot shout. I feel for Kamsiyo and Jemila right now. I pray that God will sort them out speedily.

Let me go and join my husband and watch the news. I so, so thank God for my own marriage.

Talk to you later diary.

6 Likes

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Ann2012(f): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2020
I just pray your own marriage trials doesn't crush you.....
Thanks for the update
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by Bollinah(f): 2:01pm On Mar 10, 2020
Well done sheWrites
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Ann2012:
I just pray your own marriage trials doesn't crush you.....
Thanks for the update

You're welcome babes.

Concerning Nwakaego's marital trials... Hmmmmmmmmm...

1 Like

Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 2:19pm On Mar 10, 2020
Bollinah:
Well done sheWrites
Thank you
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SexySapphire(f): 7:26pm On Mar 11, 2020
I'm glad our sassy wife isn't going through any pressure or marital ordeal yet, honeymoon phase grin. I'm sure hers is still coming cos with what happened to Praise's children, his family members will be looking forward to seeing babies rolling in soonest.

Good work you're doing dear Shewrites. Thank you for blessing us with lovely updates.
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 8:57am On Mar 12, 2020
SexySapphire:
I'm glad our sassy wife isn't going through any pressure or marital ordeal yet, honeymoon phase grin. I'm sure hers is still coming cos with what happened to Praise's children, his family members will be looking forward to seeing babies rolling in soonest.

Good work you're doing dear Shewrites. Thank you for blessing us with lovely updates.

You're welcome.
Thank you too for reading and appreciating the work.
*hugs*
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 8:40am On Mar 17, 2020
The story continues...
Re: Married And Slaying: Diary Of Mrs. Nwakaego Etadafe by SheWrites(f): 9:58am On Mar 17, 2020

Episode 15

Dear Diary,

17th January, 2019.

Thank God it's Friday! Although I will be burdened with work from dusk to dawn tomorrow, at least, I will be able to rest on Sunday. I love weekends. But, I don't get to laze around on weekends as often as I want to. My indoor and outdoor catering business has stolen my weekends and held my weekends hostage as well. I pray for the day I will have more reliable staff. Then I wouldn't need to be at the office every single day.

Diary, I employed the younger sister of one of my cooks during the week. She seems nice enough and she is sure ready to work. I guess it's because she has been looking for a job for a long time. Job hunting in Lagos is a total nightmare. I do not envy job seekers at all, at all. Nafisa Bello is on probation for the next few weeks. If she pass my scrutiny, she will become my newest permanent staff. Let's see how it goes.

Last night, Praise told me something that made me cold and hot at the same time. He said Adesuwa, one of our neighbours' wife, fainted and was rushed to the hospital. What led to her state of health was as a result of her husband's unthinkable action.

Oh diary... most men are wicked! Can you believe that Adesuwa and her husband are not legally married? He has paid her bride price, so, traditionally, they are married. But the cruel man took his side chick to court during the week and wedded her. Now, he has two wives. But one is superior to the other! If he dies now, God forbid, let's assume he dies now, whose children will be entitled to take his wealth? His traditionally married wife's kids or his legally married wife's kids? I can't imagine the blood bath that will come as a result of sharing his properties. I wonder who his family would take sides with.
But this is crazy. Why will this man do this? Why didn't he legalize his marriage with Adesuwa? After all these years? Why bring in another woman to the mix? After two kids? Two boys for that matter! Who does that? What's wrong with some of these men in this country? Haba.

And to make matters worse, he wants to bring the new wife home and he has given Adesuwa the option of moving to any of his houses in town if she wasn't ready to live with the strange woman. Out of shock, she collapsed.

Diary, what do men really want? You need to see Adesuwa. She is curvy, tall, pretty in all ramifications and with a smooth and supple dark skin. Aside from her proud exterior, I don't think she is a she-devil. What could she have done to make her husband marry another woman? And Osamudiamen, her husband, he is supposed to be a believer. A full fledged born again Christian. Has he turn his back on God now because of the desires of the lustful cucumber between his legs?

I cannot begin to imagine how Adesuwa feels. I can't even wish her predicament on my worst enemy. This is just super crazy. What was Adesuwa even waiting for? Why didn't she drag the man to court all these years, so that he could legalize their union? Some churches even give certification of marriage. Now, her only proof of marriage is the fact that Osemudiamen paid her bride price, whilst another woman has a bonafide wedding certificate! This is sacrilege!

What is she going to do now? Now she is in the same situation as Jemila. Even though Jemila is legally married to her husband, yet, he has also taken in a second wife. Will Adesuwa follow Jemila's cue and live in the same house with her husband and the new wife or will she take the option of living with her kids in one of her husband's houses in town?

If something like this ever happens to me, I doubt if I will be able to live in the same house with another woman. I can't even share him with a strange woman, God forbid! As in how now? World War 3 will definitely start and finish in that house.

Go to go diary.

Am turning in for the night. I have got a long day tomorrow.

Bye.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (22) (Reply)

Chronicles Of Tracy / Twist Of Life / Songs Of Love (a Song For Bola)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.