Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:31 AM

Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... (472 Views)

Iran's President Abandons CNN Interview As Amanpour Refuses To Wear Head Scarf / Russians Flee Country To Avoid Being Sent To Front Line By Putin (photos) / Anti-War Protesters Gathered Outside The White House (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... by Two47News: 10:00pm On Jan 13, 2020
This post while light-hearted explains Washington's politics with regard to the impeachment of the US president, Donald Trump.

Note that what prompted the article in the first place was the dream the author had regarding Donald Trump's reaction to the impeachment. However, as a preamble, the author also explains the basic impeachment and the immediate reactions following it. The information presented in the article is factually correct and anyone who wants to get a basic understanding of Donald Trump's impeachment can read for insight. However, the part about Donald Trump abandoning the White House to avoid being served impeachment resolutions was just a [ream. Everyone knows how weird dreams can be.

Enjoy.

Last night, I had an uncanny and rather very funny dream. Well, it would have been funny if we were in a normal world but nothing is normal these days.

And meanwhile, don’t crucify me if I don’t get technical terms absolutely correctly but I would try my best, so help me Google.

Anyway, I was thinking about this dream I dreamt last night. In that dream, the US president, Donald J, Trump and his entire administration officials abandoned the White House.

I’m not making this up. The reason for the abandonment was that the Trump’s White House wanted to avoid being served with the impeachment notice, which the US House of Representatives had passed on 18th December 2019, exactly a week before Christmas. And by so doing, Donald Trump became the third president to be impeached in the history of the US, joining the likes of Andrew Johnson (1868) and Bill Clinton (1998). I understand that Richard Nixon would have been impeached and removed but he resigned from his post after it became clear that he did not have the votes for acquittal should his impeachment got to the Senate. Seemingly, the evidence was overwhelming and his obfuscating and denials would not have saved the day. So, he did the only thing that he could to avoid impeachment by the house and removal by the Senate. He resigned from office and his then-vice president, Gerald Ford, took over as the president per the US constitution. Sensible move on Nixon’s part. I assure you no one would want to be remembered as the first president to be removed from the office of the US presidency.

Now, to the president day US Washington politics. Donald Trump has been impeached from office. His impeachment I understand was not totally unexpected as the majorly Democratic lawmakers came to the conclusion that his actions rose to the definitions of “High crimes and misdemeanours, ” which are impeachable offences according to the US constitution or at least the US House of Representatives thinks so. The House passed two articles of impeachments, namely, Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress. The House voted almost along the party line but for one Justin Amash, formerly a Republican but now an Independent lawmaker. I understand that impeachment apart, Justin Amash’s politics are nothing remotely like those of his Democrats’ colleagues. Nonetheless, the lawmaker was so convinced that Donald Trump deserves to be impeached and removed from the office that he broke rank with his former Republican party and voted with the Democrats. I think Justin Amash’s vote for the impeachment gives a sort of cross-partisan support to the impeachment of Donald Trump. That, no doubt, was something the Democrats must be happy about, I should think. That’s huge for them since no Republican voted for the impeachment. And it probably sort of lessens the witch hunt characterisation that Donald Trump frequently calls the whole process at every given opportunity, especially on Twitter.

To read the rest of the article on Donald trumps leaving the White House by clicking on the link.
Re: Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... by opportunes: 10:09pm On Jan 13, 2020
hmmmm
Re: Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... by rottennaija(m): 10:32pm On Jan 13, 2020
Re: Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... by luluosas(m): 10:48pm On Jan 13, 2020
And it was all a dream after all
Re: Donald Trump Abandons The White House To Avoid Being Served Impeachment Reso... by dnawah(m): 7:29am On Jan 15, 2020
Two47News:
This post while light-hearted explains Washington's politics with regard to the impeachment of the US president, Donald Trump.

Note that what prompted the article in the first place was the dream the author had regarding Donald Trump's reaction to the impeachment. However, as a preamble, the author also explains the basic impeachment and the immediate reactions following it. The information presented in the article is factually correct and anyone who wants to get a basic understanding of Donald Trump's impeachment can read for insight. However, the part about Donald Trump abandoning the White House to avoid being served impeachment resolutions was just a [ream. Everyone knows how weird dreams can be.

Enjoy.

Last night, I had an uncanny and rather very funny dream. Well, it would have been funny if we were in a normal world but nothing is normal these days.

And meanwhile, don’t crucify me if I don’t get technical terms absolutely correctly but I would try my best, so help me Google.

Anyway, I was thinking about this dream I dreamt last night. In that dream, the US president, Donald J, Trump and his entire administration officials abandoned the White House.

I’m not making this up. The reason for the abandonment was that the Trump’s White House wanted to avoid being served with the impeachment notice, which the US House of Representatives had passed on 18th December 2019, exactly a week before Christmas. And by so doing, Donald Trump became the third president to be impeached in the history of the US, joining the likes of Andrew Johnson (1868) and Bill Clinton (1998). I understand that Richard Nixon would have been impeached and removed but he resigned from his post after it became clear that he did not have the votes for acquittal should his impeachment got to the Senate. Seemingly, the evidence was overwhelming and his obfuscating and denials would not have saved the day. So, he did the only thing that he could to avoid impeachment by the house and removal by the Senate. He resigned from office and his then-vice president, Gerald Ford, took over as the president per the US constitution. Sensible move on Nixon’s part. I assure you no one would want to be remembered as the first president to be removed from the office of the US presidency.

Now, to the president day US Washington politics. Donald Trump has been impeached from office. His impeachment I understand was not totally unexpected as the majorly Democratic lawmakers came to the conclusion that his actions rose to the definitions of “High crimes and misdemeanours, ” which are impeachable offences according to the US constitution or at least the US House of Representatives thinks so. The House passed two articles of impeachments, namely, Abuse of Power and Obstruction of Congress. The House voted almost along the party line but for one Justin Amash, formerly a Republican but now an Independent lawmaker. I understand that impeachment apart, Justin Amash’s politics are nothing remotely like those of his Democrats’ colleagues. Nonetheless, the lawmaker was so convinced that Donald Trump deserves to be impeached and removed from the office that he broke rank with his former Republican party and voted with the Democrats. I think Justin Amash’s vote for the impeachment gives a sort of cross-partisan support to the impeachment of Donald Trump. That, no doubt, was something the Democrats must be happy about, I should think. That’s huge for them since no Republican voted for the impeachment. And it probably sort of lessens the witch hunt characterisation that Donald Trump frequently calls the whole process at every given opportunity, especially on Twitter.

To read the rest of the article on Donald trumps leaving the White House by clicking on the link.
all this in a dream,if you are not in America now I pray you will be there ok.

(1) (Reply)

Africa's Rising Debt To China / Ivory Coast Presidential Candidate Sentenced To 20 Years In Prison / Two US Citizens Arrested After Beach Invasion Aimed At Ousting Nicolas Maduro

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.