Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,330 members, 7,780,860 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:00 AM

Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. (2891 Views)

2023: Peter Obi Should Stop Dragging Church Into Politics – Okowa / I Am Not Igbo - Wike Clarifies Confusion About His Name And Link To Igbo / Saraki At Abuja Airport Dragging His Box Under The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Atouke: 4:12am On Jan 14, 2020
This topic has been over flogged and I am here to end it all. Ikwerre is an ethnic group in River State in the old Eastern Nigeria but fraudulently said to be in the South South.

A creation of the Fulani caliphate to disconnect us properly from the Igbo because of the oil, I have never seen South South on the compass or map anywhere in the world.

We the Ikwerre don’t have anything to do with the Igbo, we have our ancestry through Akalaka (Destiny in Igbo language) who came from Benin and settled in the present Ikwerre land.

‘The fact that Akalaka was the direct father of Ihru ọha (Ikwerre). Iwhnurọhna, in Ikwere parlance, means the face of the community (town, city or village). Nigerian colonial history records that the name “Ikwerre” was given by the colonial administration when they wanted to acquire the Rebisi waterfront to build the wharf. Using an Ibo interpreter to talk to the illiterate Rebisi (Port Harcourt) chiefs, they asked them: Would you permit us to use the waterfront to build the wharf for ships to berth? And the Chiefs answered: A KWERULEM , meaning – “We have agreed.” (In Igbo

https://naijapolity.com/stop-dragging-us-ikwerre-is-not-igbo-and-thats-the-gospel-truth/?fbclid=IwAR0mAY6SanDH2CjGmSK8Xl1a4FKdEMEn-i8mytoYt2yQaPBqmdkiwYN-W0k

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Dottore: 4:17am On Jan 14, 2020
Orishirishi

4 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by noleflendum: 4:43am On Jan 14, 2020
Even Nsukka is not left out

1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by raker300: 4:53am On Jan 14, 2020
Mehn.. 4:13am and someone wakes up from sleep with this?

No one, I mean no one is adding anyone to igbo/Biafra struggle.

Ojukwu made the mistake of trying to liberate them on and found out it was a grievous mistake so he pulled out and let adekunle and his goons almost wipe them out..yes, am talking of the Asaba massacre.

Anyone telling you that igbos are adding you to their struggle lied to you. Trust me on this.

The situation on ground here in the East is that you people are not igbos. You betrayed igbos and even took their properties..so no one is adding you or regarding you as igbos.

Trust me!! The igbos are happy and satisfied with what they have..NO ONE IS ADDING YOU ANYWHERE

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Blackeuropean: 4:58am On Jan 14, 2020
@OkpalaAnambra or what ever is your name, Nsuka not Igbo because you can not understand their Language? Can you understand that of Afikpo from Abakeleke or can you Understand when the indigene of Abakaleke speaks and they are not Igbo and maybe from Mar?

When I was schooling in OAU, there is this tribe from Ife, when they speak Yoruba I don't even understand a a world from it, unlike the General Yoruba language and this does not imply that they are not Yoruba. Good morning from Luxembourg, Go and Hustel and make money so you will not be arguing on inconsequential things.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 5:02am On Jan 14, 2020
Of all things at 4:00am...

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 5:14am On Jan 14, 2020
-

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Trump2020: 5:17am On Jan 14, 2020
But Amechi said he is more Igbo than me. Is he not Ikwerre again,?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by SSPX2(m): 5:22am On Jan 14, 2020
If they like they should claim Fulani who cares?
The Igbo tribe is too great for some minor trash and rubbish Thanks

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by mrvitalis(m): 5:32am On Jan 14, 2020
Lol why not conduct DNA analysis lest end this once and for all

Not that I car sha ...that's Una business oo oh ......

3 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Bighead9: 5:39am On Jan 14, 2020
Kikikikikikikikikjki, this news will pain some people well. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 14, 2020
actually you guys are direct descendants of Fulfude.

5 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Bigflamie(m): 5:46am On Jan 14, 2020
This is nauseating, who cares if they are Igbos or not.

A very small set of people disturbing our peace with useless identity ranting. I just want to ask, is Ikwerre part of a state or does it consist of many states? If the former is the answer then why do they keep constituting nuisance online.

Who gives a sh.it about a small set of people in a state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 5:53am On Jan 14, 2020
Forget about anything one tells about the origin of his ethnic group; the only thing one needs to believe is DNA test.

I think someone should sponsor a DNA test so that all these confusion will stop.

3 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by muykem: 5:53am On Jan 14, 2020
When will Nnamdi Kaun launch Republic of Biafra? I heard the guy is very rich now, he saw opportunity and make good use of it.
Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 5:56am On Jan 14, 2020
-
Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by jodeci(m): 5:57am On Jan 14, 2020
very irritating ambitionless tribe only found in Rivers State,struggling for identity. This OP believe me is typing from one local hut or one room upstairs that that are known for.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Zaheertyler(m): 6:10am On Jan 14, 2020
That one is Their business na who lose

4 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 14, 2020
You are not Igbo,
Yet you speak Igbo Language, Practice Igbo Culture and Bear Igbo names.

Nzuzu egbuola gi egbuo.

Iberibe budi ezigbo oria!

grin grin grin grin grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 6:20am On Jan 14, 2020
THE GUY IS CONFUSE

IKWERE IS NOT IGBO BUT IN MY LANGUAGE IKWERE MEANS AGREED, HE AGREED

HE SAID AKALAKA IS THEIR ANCESTOR AND AKALAKA IN MY IGBO LANGUAGE IS (DESTINY)

AND IT MEANT SAME IN YOUR LANGUAGE

THEN ASK A BENIN MAN THE MEANING OF AKALAKA, ASK A YORUBA AND ASK HAUSA OR FULANI THEN TELL ME THE REPLY

MY IGBO MOTHERS TIE TWO PIECE WRAPPER YOUR MOTHER TIE TWO PIECE WRAPPER....INFACT IN THE WHOLE NIGERIA IGBOS ARE THE ONLY TRIBE THEIR WOMEN TIE TWO PIECE WRAPPER

YOUR GOVERNORS BOTH PAST AND PRESENT ANSWERS CHIBUIKE(GODS IS STRENGTH OR MY STRENGTH) AND WIKE(SHORT FOR GOD OWN STRENTH, OR STRENGTH IS OF GOD)

YOU CAN CHOOSE NOT TO BE IGBO BY CHOICE THROUGH REFERENDUM

MODIFIED*********

NOW I REALIZED THE POST IS ONLY THE MOTHER OF SARCASM

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by vanunu: 6:45am On Jan 14, 2020
Atouke:
This topic has been over flogged and I am here to end it all. Ikwerre is an ethnic group in River State in the old Eastern Nigeria but fraudulently said to be in the South South.

A creation of the Fulani caliphate to disconnect us properly from the Igbo because of the oil, I have never seen South South on the compass or map anywhere in the world.

We the Ikwerre don’t have anything to do with the Igbo, we have our ancestry through Akalaka (Destiny in Igbo language) who came from Benin and settled in the present Ikwerre land.

‘The fact that Akalaka was the direct father of Ihru ọha (Ikwerre). Iwhnurọhna, in Ikwere parlance, means the face of the community (town, city or village). Nigerian colonial history records that the name “Ikwerre” was given by the colonial administration when they wanted to acquire the Rebisi waterfront to build the wharf. Using an Ibo interpreter to talk to the illiterate Rebisi (Port Harcourt) chiefs, they asked them: Would you permit us to use the waterfront to build the wharf for ships to berth? And the Chiefs answered: A KWERULEM , meaning – “We have agreed.” (In Igbo

https://naijapolity.com/stop-dragging-us-ikwerre-is-not-igbo-and-thats-the-gospel-truth/?fbclid=IwAR0mAY6SanDH2CjGmSK8Xl1a4FKdEMEn-i8mytoYt2yQaPBqmdkiwYN-W0k

Did the white man give Akalakas son Ihru oha his name? Just asking.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by vanunu: 6:47am On Jan 14, 2020
Atouke:

How come the chiefs answered in Igbo dialect?

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by APCNig: 6:48am On Jan 14, 2020
No one wants to associate with Flattinos. Even their step brothers are denying them.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Lynx001: 6:49am On Jan 14, 2020
Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by KEVIND: 6:50am On Jan 14, 2020
Atouke:

OP didn't give the whole details.
Continuation:

A KWERULEM , meaning – “We have agreed.” (In Igbo)

What the white-man was hearing was “Ikwerre,” so he recorded it in the official gazette that the IKWERRE PEOPLE have agreed for the colonial administration to build the wharf.

Therefore ‘Akwerulam’ later metamorphosized in to Ikwerre, so we are not Igbo.

The umbrella union that gathers all Ikwerre worldwide is call Ogbakor Ikwerre (Gathering of Ikwerre in Igbo)

During the 2015 Presidential campaign, Chibuike Amaechi (Ikwerre man), Speaking in Igbo Izugbe (Central Igbo) while campaigning for Buhari in Aba, told the crowd that the person calling himself Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan(GEJ) is not an Igbo man like him, that if the crowd thinks GEJ is Igbo they should ask him to speak Igbo when he comes to campaign, and recently when people where complaining that Buhari have sidelined Igbo in his government, Chibuike Amaechi came out again to say that people got it wrong that the Igbo are getting their due appointment in Buhari government because he is an Igbo man with appointment in Buhari’s regime.

And then painfully enough Chibuike Amaechi won the Ohaneze Ndigbo Man of the year Award in 2015. Aru!!(Abomination) how could they award an Ikwerre man such accolades? I know their plan; they just want to steal our oil.

2018 December period I watched a video of Julius Agwu, the renowned comedian visit his mum in the village and found her in the farm, she spoke with him a dialect of Igbo I can understand clearly.

Meanwhile, Barr. Uche Okwukwu is the secretary General of Ohaneze Ndigbo and he is from ikwerre land, while the president of Ohaneze Ndigbo in River state is Prince Igo Okparanma from Isiokpo River State.

But I will tell you that we are still not Igbo, we are Ikwerre, get that into your think skull, all you want is our oil, the Fulani ruling cartel can have all the oil wells, you the Igbo already have the highest per capita income in Nigeria, manage that one.

During my university days in Jos Plateau State, I remember vividly whenever the Igbo Union is hosting the annual Igbo Day celebrations at the Jos Township stadium, they usually erect 6 canopies representing Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and the 6th canopy will house Igbo from Rivers, Delta and Benue States put together.

And also during the unending tribal and religious riots in Jos, we the Ikwerre will always run to an area known as Apata, which is an Igbo stronghold for safety, we can’t even run to an Benin strong hold for safety.

But remember we are still not Igbo, all you want is our oil. we will fight you and make sure you will never smell it, even though there is oil in Anambra, Imo and Abia states, your eyes is on our oil. Let the North that doesn’t have oil maintain all the oil wells in their possession already. Thank You.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by KEVIND: 6:59am On Jan 14, 2020
APCNig:
No one wants to associate with Flattinos. Even their step brothers are denying them.
Read it to details & comprehend properly.
The writer was trying to pass his message in a sarcastic way. The greatest joy of the born to rule & her allies is to see the old Eastern region dismantled forever (without unity) So the Oil will continue to flow unhindered to feed the parasitic regions.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Nobody: 7:08am On Jan 14, 2020
[quote author=Atouke post=85776678][s]This topic has been over flogged and I am here to end it all. Ikwerre is an ethnic group in River State in the old Eastern Nigeria but fraudulently said to be in the South South.

https://naijapolity.com/stop-dragging-us-ikwerre-is-not-igbo-and-thats-the-gospel-truth/?fbclid=IwAR0mAY6SanDH2CjGmSK8Xl1a4FKdEMEn-i8mytoYt2yQaPBqmdkiwYN-W0k[[/s]/quote]

Afonja

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by oyinella(f): 7:14am On Jan 14, 2020
SSPX2:
If they like they should claim Fulani who cares?
The Igbo tribe is too great for some minor trash and rubbish Thanks
this is so wrong
Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Armaggedon: 7:36am On Jan 14, 2020
Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth.
‘The fact that Akalaka was the direct father of Ihru ọha (Ikwerre). Iwhnurọhna, in Ikwere parlance, means the face of the community (town, city or village). Nigerian colonial history records that the name “Ikwerre” was given by the colonial administration when they wanted to acquire the Rebisi waterfront to build the wharf. Using an Ibo interpreter to talk to the illiterate Rebisi (Port Harcourt) chiefs, they asked them: Would you permit us to use the waterfront to build the wharf for ships to berth? And the Chiefs answered: A KWERULEM , meaning – “We have agreed.” (In Igbo)
What the white-man was hearing was “Ikwerre,” so he recorded it in the official gazette that the IKWERRE PEOPLE have agreed for the colonial administration to build the wharf.
Therefore ‘Akwerulam’ later metamorphosized in to Ikwerre, so we are not Igbo.
The umbrella union that gathers all Ikwerre worldwide is call Ogbakor Ikwerre (Gathering of Ikwerre in Igbo)
During the 2015 Presidential campaign, Chibuike Amaechi (Ikwerre man), Speaking in Igbo Izugbe (Central Igbo) while campaigning for Buhari in Aba, told the crowd that the person calling himself Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan(GEJ) is not an Igbo man like him, that if the crowd thinks GEJ is Igbo they should ask him to speak Igbo when he comes to campaign, and recently when people where complaining that Buhari have sidelined Igbo in his government, Chibuike Amaechi came out again to say that people got it wrong that the Igbo are getting their due appointment in Buhari government because he is an Igbo man with appointment in Buhari’s regime.
And then painfully enough Chibuike Amaechi won the Ohaneze Ndigbo Man of the year Award in 2015. Aru!!(Abomination) how could they award an Ikwerre man such accolades? I know their plan; they just want to steal our oil.
2018 December period I watched a video of Julius Agwu, the renowned comedian visit his mum in the village and found her in the farm, she spoke with him a dialect of Igbo I can understand clearly.
Meanwhile, Barr. Uche Okwukwu is the secretary General of Ohaneze Ndigbo and he is from ikwerre land, while the president of Ohaneze Ndigbo in River state is Prince Igo Okparanma from Isiokpo River State.
But I will tell you that we are still not Igbo, we are Ikwerre, get that into your think skull, all you want is our oil, the Fulani ruling cartel can have all the oil wells, you the Igbo already have the highest per capita income in Nigeria, manage that one.
During my university days in Jos Plateau State, I remember vividly whenever the Igbo Union is hosting the annual Igbo Day celebrations at the Jos Township stadium, they usually erect 6 canopies representing Anambra, Abia, Ebonyi, Enugu, Imo and the 6th canopy will house Igbo from Rivers, Delta and Benue States put together.
And also during the unending tribal and religious riots in Jos, we the Ikwerre will always run to an area known as Apata, which is an Igbo stronghold for safety, we can’t even run to an Benin strong hold for safety.
But remember we are still not Igbo, all you want is our oil. we will fight you and make sure you will never smell it, even though there is oil in Anambra, Imo and Abia states, your eyes is on our oil. Let the North that doesn’t have oil maintain all the oil wells in their possession already. Thank You.

1 Like

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by Tobichimezie: 7:41am On Jan 14, 2020
booscy:
You are not Igbo,
Yet you speak Igbo Language, Practice Igbo Culture and Bear Igbo names.

Nzuzu egbuola gi egbuo.

Iberibe budi ezigbo oria!

grin grin grin grin grin
As in eh, this one sef don pass identity crisis... You've got to wonder at these point if their problems don't border on mental illness.

2 Likes

Re: Stop Dragging Us: Ikwerre Is Not Igbo And That’s The Gospel Truth. by bossvinqualad25(m): 7:48am On Jan 14, 2020
We are first human before tribe and religion that's the bottom line, for funmigation,house, estate, school, after party cleaning give prolific cleaning giant services the benefit of doubt, our work speaks for us,we look forward to your patronage

(1) (2) (Reply)

21 Storey Smart Complex - A'ibom Is Set For World Businesses / Nigeria's Communication Minister Was Thrown Out Of The Mosque / So Biafra Has Been In Existence Over 17 Century, See Book That Was Written In 17

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.