Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,955 members, 7,806,763 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 PM

Why I Lost My Ward In Lgs Poll — Gov Bello - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Lost My Ward In Lgs Poll — Gov Bello (445 Views)

Ganduje's Ward In Dawakin-Tofa LGA Suspends Him From APC For Corruption / Nnamdi Kanu Meets With Julie Ward In London. Photo / ‘Entire PDP Ward’ In Akwa Ibom Defects To APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why I Lost My Ward In Lgs Poll — Gov Bello by zakim(m): 6:00am On Jan 14, 2020
Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State yesterday said his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), lost his ward during the local government election, “because of imposition of candidate”. He made the assertion while addressing the newly elected local chairmen at the closing of a 3-day retreat held for them in Kaduna.

He said it was due to the wrong candidate imposed by ‘some people’ in his ward in Kontagora, that the APC failed to secure the councillorship position, stressing that if he, as the state governor let it be, why then would the chairmen not swear in the councillors from the opposition. Bello said imposition of candidates often led a party into losing elections and also forced some candidates to abandon it and run on a different political party platform.

Governor Bello therefore urged the chairmen to settle their political differences, adding that divergent political views would always arise and create challenges in the discharge of their duties with their vice chairmen and legislators. He said APC does not only represent change but also stands for fairness, fair play and justice.

He deplored the refusal of some local government chairmen to swear in their vice and councillors, saying such action is wrong and against the rule of law. “The rule of law is key. For those of you that have deliberately or mistakenly refused to swear-in councillors because they come from opposition party that is wrong,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/why-i-lost-my-ward-in-lgs-poll-gov-bello.html
Re: Why I Lost My Ward In Lgs Poll — Gov Bello by Flexherbal(m): 6:35am On Jan 14, 2020
Governor Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State yesterday said his party, the All Progressives Congress (APC), lost his ward during the local government election, “because of imposition of candidate”.

This has become a very big challenge in Nigeria politics.
Re: Why I Lost My Ward In Lgs Poll — Gov Bello by Indispensable85(m): 7:27am On Jan 14, 2020
Very impressive comments from the governor.

(1) (Reply)

IMO ELECTION: Oshiomhole Berates Secondus And PDP Over Reckless Comments / Ohanaeze Opts For Operation Ogbunigwe, Govs Back Community Policing / How Tb Joshua Predicted German Terror Attack On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.