Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,466 members, 7,808,665 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:07 PM

Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria (1963 Views)

Okorocha Flees Nigeria As EFCC Queries Diversion of 2bn bailout- Thisday / Abdullah Dikko, Ex-Comptroller-General of Customs Flees Nigeria- Sahara Reporter / Investor Flees Nigeria After Being Paid N32b For Vessels - Amaechi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by angel101(f): 11:52am On May 29, 2007
what next for Orji Uzo Kalu.
Just saw this on BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/6696575.stm

Isnt it a crying shame that a governor would have to resort to these cheap tricks? Or is it really?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by doncartel: 12:43pm On May 29, 2007
in the nigeria of obasanjo and yaradua,opposition elements are hunted down like species due for extinction so i can understand why kalu decided to ja for dear life.though i dont understand how constitutional it is to hand over b4 the due date which is may 29.i say we need clearer laws and d government must take the lead by following and implementing those laws.
one problem[caused by obasanjo],is whether the constitution really matters.for instance,can a president declare the vice-president's office vacant or ban him from cabinet meetings?can the president withold a state's money?these are impossible in more democratic countries.but after years of disobeying the constitution and the law courts,everyone is confused about what is allowed or not allowed according to nigerian law.in fact no one would have been surprised if kalu handed over to theodore in prison[like senator omisore who chaired senate committees from jail]
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by babasin(m): 1:25pm On May 29, 2007
in fact no one would have been surprised if kalu handed over to theodore in prison[like senator omisore who chaired senate committees from jail]

well said. Thats legacy of OBJ
cool cool cool
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by angel101(f): 3:04pm On May 29, 2007
na wa 4 naija
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by mohadana: 3:53pm On May 29, 2007
bbc. ;d
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by Mamajama(m): 4:02pm On May 29, 2007
Where was RIBADU? this is one of the reason why I said even though RIbadu has performed beyond our imagination, he is not fit to be an IGP yet, only time will tell if this guys will be caught.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by angel101(f): 4:06pm On May 29, 2007
It will be[b] TOO[/b] sad if these corrupt governors are not brought to book!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by McKren(m): 4:41pm On May 29, 2007
MAMAJAMA:

Where was RIBADU? this is one of the reason why I said even though RIbadu has performed beyond our imagination, he is not fit to be an IGP yet, only time will tell if this guys will be caught.

Why not show us the credentials of whoever you think deserves the post of IG>
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by lakeside4love(m): 4:54pm On May 29, 2007
Kalu was shown Live on TV today handing over to the New Governor

So where did BBC got their story from?
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by Mamajama(m): 4:55pm On May 29, 2007
i have two people on my list, and they are both Senior to RIBADU.  the only thing that worries me is will they be loyal to the administration and fight corruption?  the office of IGP comes with so much power and responsibilities, its amazing.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by chrisokw: 9:41pm On May 29, 2007
Orji was shown on NTA today swearing in the new gov. So peddler of false rumour shame on you and your so-called BBC news
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by tlops(m): 5:27pm On May 31, 2007
its good
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by chidichris(m): 7:24am On Jun 01, 2007
rumour mongers. agents of false news. negatives presenters be warned. there is a new administration that will not allow you go on with unconfrmed news reports as we call on u to appologise or face our tribunal here.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by angel101(f): 11:13am On Jun 01, 2007
Lol @ chrisokw and chidichris
Na BBC talk am o!  grin grin cheesy
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by tatajega(m): 12:41pm On Jun 01, 2007
Orji!!!!!Run?nawaa for naija men ooooo. I was sitting some yards to this man on the inauguration day, He is even planning to host his past executive council members, and the new administration next week, habaaaaa
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by champredd(m): 3:33pm On Jun 01, 2007
It is better to follow local reports in Nigeria than follow international reports like BBC and CNN. During the plane crash that happens on the same day that Stella OBJ passed on the CNN was reporting that OBJ himself was coordinating the rescue operation. Well it was discovered later that it was no possible considering that the plane crash site was only found hours later.
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by angel101(f): 3:58pm On Jun 01, 2007
champredd:

It is better to follow local reports in Nigeria than follow international reports like BBC and CNN. During the plane crash that happens on the same day that Stella OBJ passed on the CNN was reporting that OBJ himself was coordinating the rescue operation. Well it was discovered later that it was no possible considering that the plane crash site was only found hours later.

It was also reported locally that the crash site had been found at a totally different location and that half the people on board had been rescued!
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by tlops(m): 6:11pm On Jun 02, 2007
CNN and BBC are managed by pple so there are chances of mis infos,
Re: Orji Uzor Kalu Flees Nigeria by ukahrawah: 3:57pm On Jul 08, 2019
Why?

(1) (Reply)

Why Yar’adua Wants Ribadu Out - Plans To Prosecute Obasanjo, Ribadu And El-rufai / Why Is Tolerance Between Muslims And Christians Impossible In Nigeria? / MKO Abiola VS Humphrey Nwosu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.