Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,917 members, 7,806,666 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:22 PM

Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It (34410 Views)

Tremor In Ibadan, Oyo State; Residents Run For Cover / Fiancé Of Woman Crushed To Death By Tanker In Ajah Speaks For The First Time / The Japanese Passport Is Now The Most Powerful Passport On Earth! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by ikorodureporta: 7:30am On Jan 14, 2020
FG Dismisses Rumour Of Earth Tremor In Abuja

The federal government has cleared the air on earth tremor alleged to have occurred in the Abaji area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, saying that findings have shown that nothing like that happened.

Addressing newsmen yesterday at the spot in the community where the tremor was claimed to have taken place according to a post by an Ibadan based professor (name withheld) last Friday, the Director, Regional Geology at the Nigerian Geological Survey Agency, Dr Oladimeji Gboyega said since none of the seismometers monitoring the area did not record any such event, and the inhabitants of the epicentre community have confirmed that nothing happened, “it tells you that there was nothing like tremor”.

The Acting Head, Department of Physics, University of Abuja, Dr Gala Nyam, told newsmen in the University’s Control Room that there was no such incident captured in the 4 seismometers within the area to monitor such earth movement. He said that when they heard of the development, they rushed to check and discovered that the instrument has no record of such event.

“So nothing has happened in Abuja as far as this instrument is concerned, it has not given us any signal around here to show that there was a tremor in Abuja.

“How can Ife, imagine the distance from here to Ife, and the same equipment recording an event that occurred in Abuja and ours will not pick it up, including the equipment at NGSA, I think the assertion is baseless,” he said.

While the addressing the team of journalists and experts from NGSA at his palace, the Ona (paramount Chief) of Abaji, Adamu Baba Yunusa, said nothing like that happened within his Chiefdom.

A landlord, Abdulkarim Mohammed, who was met relaxing in his house expressed surprise on hearing about the tremor. He said, “This is where I live, this is my house but I can tell you that nothing like that happened that I know or have heard.”

Source: https://leadership.ng/2020/01/14/fg-dismisses-rumour-of-earth-tremor-in-abuja/

3 Likes

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Flexherbal(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2020
Waiting to read it...
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by toluleke(m): 12:54pm On Jan 14, 2020
I BLAME BUHARI

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by kay29000(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
To the Abuja people...did you guys feel any Earth tremor?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Damoxy(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
I dont know what to comment
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Dexpro: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
shocked
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by darfay: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
Make e hit National Assembly so dem go see renovation do well well

6 Likes

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Enoch07: 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
if at all, abeg make e start from dat national assembly wen Dem wan renovate wit 37 abi how many billion again

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by fowlyansh181(m): 12:55pm On Jan 14, 2020
Never believe the government

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by PureMind2: 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Good
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by maxjax(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
it should start from aso rock 1st undecided

1 Like

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by one1prax(m): 12:56pm On Jan 14, 2020
Earth tremor in Abuja? Abeg ooo
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by handsomeyinka(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Buhari right now

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by ericiland: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
I stopped believing FG statements long time ago

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Ustec: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Na wa o,
God help us o.
Na so we use to ea bomb blast in Afghanistan and Iraq back then,
Now boko don make am look like normal things.
God, safe us on this deadly one o.
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by MANNABBQGRILLS: 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
The federal government has cleared the air on earth tremor alleged to have occurred in the Abaji area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Abuja, saying that findings have shown that nothing like that happened.
Thank you Lord for your protection on our darling nation.
The natural disasters we have as politicians in the history of our nation is yet to go.
We pray we don't have any natural disaster happening in foreign lands we read and see on the news.

Thank you Jesus.
Allahamdulilai.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by anochuko01(m): 12:57pm On Jan 14, 2020
Are they sure those sensors are working? I doubt o coz this isn't the first time I'm hearing of tremor in Abuja.

In other news, if the thing happens and the whole "ass o rock" goes with it, who becomes Nigeria's leader?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by MrDoGood(m): 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
My country, my country grin angry angry
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Mouthgag: 12:58pm On Jan 14, 2020
i run

iraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Accurate4u: 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Make the earth quake scatter Nigeria politician for assembly and rep first for abuja. So that Nigeria can have peace and progress

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by chigoizie7(m): 1:00pm On Jan 14, 2020
Kpele
Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by vincent10(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
The day you stop believing this government that is when your liberation begins.

1 Like

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by Wickedtruths: 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
Second time in 2 years. They would first deny and later give one Idiotic explanation.

1 Like

Re: Rumor Of Earth Tremor In Abuja: FG Speaks, Dismisses It by wonuks(m): 1:02pm On Jan 14, 2020
Any rumor in naija has some lines of truth in it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Truck Falls On Ojuelegba Bridge Again Due To Brake Failure / Ibom Air Acquire Fifth Airplane, 5 More Expected Before 2023 / Before And After Pictures Of Cemetery Road, Aba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.