Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,945 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:22 PM

Celebrity Haters - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrity Haters (2021 Views)

Ik Ogbonna’s Wife To Haters, Where’s The Waist Trainer? (photo) / Banky West - "Haters Like To Talk About The Size Of My Head" / Mercy Johnson's Mother Rain Curse On Haters: Breakdown D Wedding Scandal Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrity Haters by MP007(m): 12:34pm On May 29, 2007
One thing that i have discovered about people in naija is that they envy anybody that breaks into lam light.SEE all the animosity shown towards 2 face and Co, if u havent noticed., u are just hated in naija onces u start to make ur money in showbizzz, enough player haters , wetin dey cos am ooooo, poverty or wetin?
Re: Celebrity Haters by chuckdee4(m): 2:59pm On May 29, 2007
Its not a Nigerian thing, celebs are hated all over the world, well most of them.
Its a price u have to pay for being famous, some people have genuine reasons, others just hate for no reason at all
Re: Celebrity Haters by chiogo(f): 12:02am On May 30, 2007
Re: Celebrity Haters by OmoEko1(f): 4:49pm On May 30, 2007
Yes oh you are so right to many celebrities haters on Nairaland

So many people despise 2face kiss kiss kiss and Beyonce so much on this site
Re: Celebrity Haters by viee(f): 7:13pm On May 30, 2007
chuckdee4:

Its not a Nigerian thing, celebs are hated all over the world, well most of them.
Its a price u have to pay for being famous, some people have genuine reasons, others just hate for no reason at all

exactly!

i have a long list of celebrities i dont particularly like
notin personal though since i hardly know them
but mostly after listnening tto their interwievs angry

some are really annoying angry angry
Re: Celebrity Haters by iice(f): 1:48pm On Jun 01, 2007
viee:

exactly!

i have a long list of celebrities i don't particularly like
notin personal though since i hardly know them
but mostly after listnening tto their interwievs angry

some are really annoying angry angry

Indeed! Doesn't even have to be celebrities. Some people in general are just irritating! So being a celebrity doesnt exactly make you that special
Re: Celebrity Haters by sabastine: 10:36am On Jun 05, 2007
But if sm1 does a good job, we ought to appreciate it.

Thou shall live at peace with every man.
Re: Celebrity Haters by kiss(f): 12:46pm On Jun 05, 2007
Sometimes they cause it on them selfs.I saw Genevieve at Victoria island sometimes ago.I try to greet her as one of her fans but she embarrass me and enter her car in a hurry.I understand she might not been in a good mood but as a public figure,she needs to wear smiles always and respond to people who appreciate her.
Re: Celebrity Haters by mrrehd(m): 10:29pm On Jun 05, 2007
its not easy for these celbs out here, believe me.its not everytime one wants to meet fans or talk to absolute strangers just becos they are public figures.dont forget they are also humans prone to moods and shit.

as for haters:i think it has to do with what is called the barrel in the crab syndrome, synonymous with the black race.

its like Kell's lamented "Lawwwwd, tell me why we dont like to see us grow, "
Re: Celebrity Haters by temmyabby(f): 10:49pm On Jun 05, 2007
haters will keep hatin undecided in ninja or anywhere else
Re: Celebrity Haters by Badman888(m): 1:49am On Jun 06, 2007
how come anything that is wrong or different from peoples view is called a Nigerian Thing,
Re: Celebrity Haters by minto(m): 2:22am On Jun 06, 2007
I have absolutely nothing against celebrities but I tell you some of them are  unresonable. They allow the wealth and fame rule their head so much that they start misbehaving and have no respect for any individual or the society at large.The situation is mild in Nigeria[except that nigerian stars would always want to copy their foreign collegues]compared to what we have outside here. They practise all the ills of the society; drug abuse/pedalling,drunk/reckless driving.shop-lifting,violence in public places,assault,just name it; when they are supposed to touch many lives by showing good example.I'm happy one of them who was arrested driving with suspended licence[for driving under influence] has just started her jail term .Served her right I would say, cause that sure will serve as deterrent to others who believe they can go against the law at will and get away with it.
Re: Celebrity Haters by Oracle(m): 5:09am On Jun 06, 2007
I think hating is a natural thing and it will always be there, just like sun and rain
Re: Celebrity Haters by smile007: 7:57am On Jun 06, 2007
i think it's not only for celebrity but any one who is making it in life.
Re: Celebrity Haters by Segesexy: 8:11am On Jun 06, 2007
Who says 2face and co are celebs??In Nigeria, Politicians are the celebrities.
Re: Celebrity Haters by Soundmind(m): 9:16am On Jun 06, 2007
Minto, u are very correct.
They always feel they are super human being while we are inferior.
Re: Celebrity Haters by pisces20: 9:22am On Jun 06, 2007
Many people say 2face doesn't know how to speak english. so whenever he's called to give a speach all he says is "notin dey happen", "no be small tin oh", "i don't know what to say", "one luv my people" and so on. therefore he's not worth being a celebrity.
Re: Celebrity Haters by efuah(f): 9:28am On Jun 06, 2007
minto:

I have absolutely nothing against celebrities but I tell you some of them are unresonable. They allow the wealth and fame rule their head so much that they start misbehaving and have no respect for any individual or the society at large.The situation is mild in Nigeria[except that nigerian stars would always want to copy their foreign collegues]compared to what we have outside here. They practise all the ills of the society; drug abuse/pedalling,drunk/reckless driving.shop-lifting,violence in public places,assault,just name it; when they are supposed to touch many lives by showing good example.I'm happy one of them who was arrested driving with suspended licence[for driving under influence] has just started her jail term .Served her right I would say, cause that sure will serve as deterrent to others who believe they can go against the law at will and get away with it.

yep! that's very true
Re: Celebrity Haters by uchetobi(f): 9:59am On Jun 06, 2007
But its not in our place to judge them
Re: Celebrity Haters by angel101(f): 10:07am On Jun 06, 2007
minto:

I have absolutely nothing against celebrities but I tell you some of them are unresonable. They allow the wealth and fame rule their head so much that they start misbehaving and have no respect for any individual or the society at large.The situation is mild in Nigeria[except that nigerian stars would always want to copy their foreign collegues]compared to what we have outside here. They practise all the ills of the society; drug abuse/pedalling,drunk/reckless driving.shop-lifting,violence in public places,assault,just name it; when they are supposed to touch many lives by showing good example.I'm happy one of them who was arrested driving with suspended licence[for driving under influence] has just started her jail term .Served her right I would say, cause that sure will serve as deterrent to others who believe they can go against the law at will and get away with it.

Spot on

uchetobi:

But its not in our place to judge them

Why not? They are public figures. they belong to us grin

anyway, i quite like Liz Benson. I saw her in a mall in Luton and she was so gracious when i went up to her. She's very beautiful as well.
Re: Celebrity Haters by chuckdee4(m): 2:02pm On Jun 06, 2007
Like i said, its a price they have to pay for being celebs, if i was on that sort of wage structure, all the hating in the world would not deter me.
I'm not saying its a good thing to hate but its just the way things are, like some pple said, u don't even have to be famous to be hated
Re: Celebrity Haters by kambo(m): 3:45pm On Jun 06, 2007
i think its an atavistic and instinctive ,psychological behaviour. why? let me see, it goes like this :
people think or want to impose a CLASS structure to success so u see organization charts and so on , and success by their definition means climbing this chart to the top, its comfortable to those who are far ahead that their leading others, and the y lke it to be so, those on the same rung want it to be so , those under dont want to be overtaken so the vieing goes.
but once in a while some comet comes along that blazes past the shitty ladder and shines bright in the sky lauded by so many, then his success makes others who were once on the same ladder with him wanna hate. like why he go get so successful when i've been striving so long and i'm unrecognized. they turn their perplexity and envy against the object of the success they covetted. That's why it risky to be a star without enough security and body gaurds. SUCCESS THRASHES THE CLASS STRUCTURE AND THE 'INJUSTICE' IS WHAT HATERS TRY TO RIGHT.
Re: Celebrity Haters by dj4wealth: 3:49pm On Jun 06, 2007
what's special about celebs.? They are public figure, fine. That's there life they should lay a good example.

But, celebrity fans sometimes goes to the extreme looking for mini gods. I think the craziness and media hype about celebrity should ignored
Re: Celebrity Haters by texazzpete(m): 7:44am On Jun 07, 2007
@poster
It's brainless to generalize so much! How did celebrity hating become something that 'people in naija' do?!
u sure u're in the US? there's loads of blogs dedicated to criticising celebs. Hell, even some magazines and tabloids are dedicated to that same task. In contrary, most of our mags (from Ovation down to Hints) exist solely to glorify celebs and the idle rich.

besides, we should be happy we've got it so good in naija. we don't usually have stalkers, anonymous callers and freakos/sickos after our celebs! When last did anyone get arrested for stalking 2face? grin
Re: Celebrity Haters by angel101(f): 10:14am On Jun 07, 2007
[quote author=texazzpete link=topic=56305.msg1177987#msg1177987 date=118119867

besides, we should be happy we've got it so good in naija. we don't usually have stalkers, anonymous callers and freakos/sickos after our celebs! When last did anyone get arrested for stalking 2face? grin
[quote][/quote]

LOL grin grin
Re: Celebrity Haters by hype: 1:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
As 4 me i think its a normal thing cos its not evry1 dat will like you. And as some ppl said earlier its a price u pay for fame. Come to think of it its not restricted to celebs alone  cos as long as u are an human  being even animals and plants have haters. As a  human being some will like u  some will not especially if u are well to do some ppl will always look 4 dat negative side of you in d process they forget they've got theirs.
Re: Celebrity Haters by Beline(f): 1:23pm On Jun 08, 2007
Nobody hate them it just that they don't have secret, so knowing the positive and negative side of their lives make one to hate them.  This is applicable to anyone as long as you get to know the person better, there must be something you will dislike about that person.

My point is that THIS IS NOT PECULIAR TO CELEBBRITIES ALONE
Re: Celebrity Haters by tEsLim(m): 6:04pm On Jun 08, 2007
Your babe hate Beyonce because you often compare her to Beyonce which is not a fair competition. And she can't meet up to dat.

And u hate 2face because your girl is always talking about him. I almost tuaght the guy have once screwed my babe. Cos they did'nt live far from each other sometimes ago.
Re: Celebrity Haters by zigbo(f): 9:00pm On Jun 08, 2007
i dislike i mean the word is hate quite a number of them for one reason or the other but most times there interviews and stuff changes my mind though. yeah it dont matter wat i thinkone will say they are goin to be want they want to be with or without me and i'm goin to be what i want to be without them. truth is which one concern me concern celebrity undecided

most of them are totally annoying mare lookin at them i wonder why they are so blessed, becos they are actually blessed i must say,

everyone knows wat happens to those who misuse their blessings,ask micheal jackson or whitney etc. . .
Re: Celebrity Haters by MsOlaolu(f): 9:05pm On Jun 08, 2007
the higher you go in life the better you become, some one always blames you for thier downfall or ill luck. so dnt blame the girl that h8s beyonce cuz her boyfriend thinks shes hot, and shes pressurized to look as hot as beyonce! its no ones fault really. h8s will always h8 in 9ja or ne where else, as a celeb i should know!
Re: Celebrity Haters by MP007(m): 2:50am On Jun 09, 2007
texazzpete:

@poster
It's brainless to generalize so much! How did celebrity hating become something that 'people in naija' do?!
u sure u're in the US? there's loads of blogs dedicated to criticising celebs. Hell, even some magazines and tabloids are dedicated to that same task. In contrary, most of our mags (from Ovation down to Hints) exist solely to glorify celebs and the idle rich.

see u hatinbg me cos am a celeb, lol, come on "brainless" , thats harsh silly
Re: Celebrity Haters by Nobody: 10:22am On May 28, 2008
pisces20:

Many people say 2face doesn't know how to speak english. so whenever he's called to give a speach all he says is "notin dey happen", "no be small tin oh", "i don't know what to say", "one love my people" and so on. therefore he's not worth being a celebrity.
roflmbao so true. cheesy so, so true cheesy
chei! is it my husband u've yapped like this? tongue
no be small tin o! lol cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Sammie Okposo Set To Quit Bachelorhood? / Listen To Ruggedman's Diss Song By 9ice / Segun Arinze's Wife Is Pregnant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.