Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,949 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:47 PM

Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) (5977 Views)

Cancelled USA B1/B2 Visa With Prejudice? Lets Discuss / U.s Business Visa B1/b2 Interview : What To Expect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by ereke01: 3:05pm On Dec 06, 2010
please,
could anyone advise me on the necessary document i will need to present to have my B1/B2 visa renewed.
I used to live in the U.K 3yrs +, and only returned to nigeria in march and been working with a multinational company since.
I have the following documents ready:
1. employment letter
2. introduction letter from my employer
3. payslips for more than 6 months
4. bank statement (savings and current) for more than 6 months with current bal of about 1 mill
5. Valid visa to tunisia
6. past and current certificates as a member of a top engineering institution in the US ( confirming attendance at annual conference as well as professional development courses)
7. Education certificates up to master's level in and outof the country

What other document do I need to present and what sort of questions should I prepare myself for please?

Thank you very much
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by Dantecmu(m): 4:55pm On Dec 06, 2010
If what u just wrote is the situation in reality its a 100percent guarantee
all da best
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by joxiri: 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
this is just a holiday visa right
i think you have listed more tan enough documents
just get an invitaion letter of address you will stay at
yes letter from employer but i dont understand your introduction letter from employer
your payslips and bank statements showing you can pay for your trip
and why on earth are you supplying education certificates for a tourist visa
please dont over complicate things when your interviewers sees that he would assume you have alterior motives to go to te us e.g to study
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by ereke01: 8:04pm On Dec 06, 2010
@joxiri: thanks, i don't know how it works and i will not like to miss a thing out, thus the listed docs, the introduction letter is actually confirming me to be an employee of the organisation, No problem, I sure can get my hotel reserved right away and get the confirmation.
Thank you once again
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by dancewith: 8:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
ereke01:

please,
could anyone advise me on the necessary document i will need to present to have my B1/B2 visa renewed.
I used to live in the U.K 3yrs +, and only returned to nigeria in march and been working with a multinational company since.
I have the following documents ready:
1. employment letter
2. introduction letter from my employer
3. payslips for more than 6 months
4. bank statement (savings and current) for more than 6 months with current bal of about 1 mill
5. Valid visa to tunisia
6. past and current certificates as a member of a top engineering institution in the US ( confirming attendance at annual conference as well as professional development courses)
7. Education certificates up to master's level in and outof the country

What other document do I need to present and what sort of questions should I prepare myself for please?

Thank you very much

All those count for very little. They probably wont even bother looking at those documents. In most cases they ask you questions on your previous trips to the US. Those are what matters and you need to be up to speed on what you did then and where you went. Take evidence with you like shopping receipts. I have seen renewal refusals based on lack of evidence on what they did in their previous US trips

Good luck
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by joxiri: 8:59pm On Dec 06, 2010
@ dancewith
what kind of evidence are you referring to
what if an applicant cant provide evidence of what they got up to wilst they were in america
and also for instance if the applicant said he would be staying miami but ended up going to another city would they be able to know this and query this
I went to california in 2005 from london, i applied for the visa based on staying with my uncle in miami but i stayed with friends in california i got the visa and i was admitted into los angeles, and returned to london, even though the border control at lax asked why i didnt just fly straight to miami, i said i wanted to see some friend and i was granted entry and stayed in la for 2 weeks and returned to london i didnt go to miami in the end.
however in the future if i want to go to america would i be queried as to why i went to la instead of miami its been 5 yrs already anyways
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by dancewith: 9:25pm On Dec 06, 2010
joxiri:

@ dancewith
what kind of evidence are you referring to
what if an applicant cant provide evidence of what they got up to wilst they were in america
and also for instance if the applicant said he would be staying miami but ended up going to another city would they be able to know this and query this
I went to california in 2005 from london, i applied for the visa based on staying with my uncle in miami but i stayed with friends in california i got the visa and i was admitted into los angeles, and returned to london, even though the border control at lax asked why i didnt just fly straight to miami, i said i wanted to see some friend and i was granted entry and stayed in la for 2 weeks and returned to london i didnt go to miami in the end.
however in the future if i want to go to america would i be queried as to why i went to la instead of miami its been 5 yrs already anyways

US visa renewal can be quite tricky. My brother got refused last week after using 2yrs. They wanted to know what he did in all his trips. They said he could not substantiate his claims and he got refused

Long ago I was refused a renewal on the basis that I stayed for 3 months on my first trip with the visa after having stated during the initial interview I would be staying for 2 weeks

The good news is that if you got refused you can very easily get a new one if you re apply. That was what happened to me and a host of others. Just have evidence like shopping receipts. You may be unlucky if they demand to see them

But be rest assured nobody would be asking about your jobs and bank statement. They are already aware you are not a possible illegal immigrant.

Best regards
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by joxiri: 10:53pm On Dec 06, 2010
what
this is news to me shopping receipts thats long
well i would be applyig from london again so maybe they wnt be as stringent as in nigeria
and if they refuse me good luck to them
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by bobyzamora: 11:39pm On Jan 10, 2012
Ereke01, hw far? have u gone to apply for the visa?pls keep me posted, (i send u mail)
Hi everyone,

Am currently in usa on a B1/B2 tourist,Business visa.It expires in the next couple of months. i actually got the visa while i was a student back in Europe. Now am thinking of going back to nigeria ,lagos to be precise for a renewal.(before it expires) This is actually my 3rd time in America and am single ,

Pls am asking for your advise nairalanders, what are my chances? I have heard how ruthless the American embassy is in lagos,

Do i go back home and renew it or do i go for "shola shola"(arrange myself ) here?

For the records i have a 6 months American work visa(expired) and A 2yr B1/b2 VISA on my passport, and 2 other visas ,

I ALSO HAVE RECEPTS FOR CARS,PHONES LAPTOPS AND EVEN AN E-BAY YELLOW STAR CERTIFICATE(usually given to pple who buy lots of stuff on ebay),

Note:am still single but i have evidence of landed property in form of a bizness which i run with my mum, pls i need advise ohhh
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by joxiri: 8:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
applied for my usa visa in dec last yr it was approved without a single document being looked at only asked 3 ?s what my job in uk was where i was going to in america and where i had travelled to in last 5 yrs, which i answered and my visa was approved
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by katolistic(m): 11:54pm On Dec 10, 2012
joxiri:
applied for my usa visa in dec last yr it was approved without a single document being looked at only asked 3 ?s what my job in uk was where i was going to in america and where i had travelled to in last 5 yrs, which i answered and my visa was approved

Please i would like to know what documents i need to take with me to the embassy for b1/b2 visa interview. I just graduated some months back and travelling expenses is paid by myparents while others expenses that will be incurred will be paid by my friend inviting me
Re: Re- Usa B1/b2 Visa Renewal @ Abuja (urgent) by zaagaa: 7:26am On Sep 25, 2016
For a renewal of B1/B2 visa....how many years is usually issued to the applicant?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Overseas: Second-class Citizens? / * / Having A Baby In Uk Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.