Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,951 members, 7,806,752 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:35 PM

Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) (46464 Views)

How To Perform Tayammam / How To Make Ghusl (ritual Bath) For Major Impurity / Reminder: Ruling On Congratulating Non Muslim On Their Festival Celebration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Rashduct4luv(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2020
Question
What is the right way for tahara after Janabah. Do I have to wash my hair or just touch my hair with water just like Wudu.

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Ghusl Al-Janaabah (major ceremonial washing of the whole body after sexual intercourse) can be performed in two ways:
The first way is sufficient but not the better way. Here, the person has to pour water over his/her whole body including the roots of the hair and what is between the fingers and the like with the intention of purification from Janaabah (post sexual-intercourse impurity).

The second way is preferable as it fits what the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to do as narrated by 'Aa'ishah and Maymoonah may Allaah be pleased with them and is found in Al-Bukhari and Muslims collections of Hadeeth. This Ghusl is as follows: First, the person washes his/her private parts and then makes Wudhoo' (ritual ablution) as is usually done before prayers; then he pours water on his/her head three times such that the water gets to the roots of the hair. After that, the person pours the water over his/her whole body and finally washes his/her feet.

Rubbing the hair is not sufficient in both ways, as the water has to reach the scalp.

Allaah Knows best.

Source=Islamweb

56 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by ForeThinker: 9:45am On Jan 17, 2020
Issorite

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by dimexy247(m): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2020
Great, Jazakallahu, khairan.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by NwanyiOkpa(f): 9:45am On Jan 17, 2020
grin

14 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by sunshineV(f): 9:46am On Jan 17, 2020
It's that time of the day again

68 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Crayfish09: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2020
May Allah bless you op. Let's wait for the jealous losers to reach this thread (after denying their own twisted and 'Paulified' religion)

11 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by dflking: 9:47am On Jan 17, 2020
Jashakumlah

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by bajeen(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2020
Crayfish09:
May Allah bless you op. Let's wait for the jealous losers to reach this thread (after denying their own twisted and 'Paulified' religion)

No need for this Sir

34 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Gynecomastia: 9:48am On Jan 17, 2020
Islam is not a tolerant religion

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by drizslim(m): 9:48am On Jan 17, 2020
The dude above me has said it all

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by GreatManBee: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2020
God is good

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Crayfish09: 9:49am On Jan 17, 2020
bajeen:

No need for this Sir

I hate the fact that i am doing this but sometimes we have to show them that silence is not fear or weakness. Anyway thanks. I will stop for now

19 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by itsme01: 9:50am On Jan 17, 2020
Gynecomastia:

then go on christian thread abi what are you finding here

23 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by CarlEl(m): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Question
What is the right way for tahara after Janabah. Do I have to wash my hair or just touch my hair with water just like Wudu.

Answer
All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and Messenger.

Ghusl Al-Janaabah (major ceremonial washing of the whole body after sexual intercourse) can be performed in two ways:
The first way is sufficient but not the better way. Here, the person has to pour water over his/her whole body including the roots of the hair and what is between the fingers and the like with the intention of purification from Janaabah (post sexual-intercourse impurity).

The second way is preferable as it fits what the Prophet Muhammad sallallaahu `alayhi wa sallam ( may Allaah exalt his mention ) used to do as narrated by 'Aa'ishah and Maymoonah may Allaah be pleased with them and is found in Al-Bukhari and Muslims collections of Hadeeth. This Ghusl is as follows: First, the person washes his/her private parts and then makes Wudhoo' (ritual ablution) as is usually done before prayers; then he pours water on his/her head three times such that the water gets to the roots of the hair. After that, the person pours the water over his/her whole body and finally washes his/her feet.

Rubbing the hair is not sufficient in both ways, as the water has to reach the scalp.

Allaah Knows best.

Source=Islamweb
Thanks for the teachings, We've gained another lesson today.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Jaynom(m): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2020
1. Who should wash themselves? The man or the woman?
2. Why is it necessary to purify myself after having sex with my wife? As in ... That's my wife! What are we purifying?

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by fatymore(f): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2020
Aliamdulilahi.

Jumah Mubarak

3 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by bajeen(m): 9:50am On Jan 17, 2020
[quote author=bajeen post=85865769]

[/quote
No need for this Sir
"And the servants of the Most Merciful are those who walk upon the earth easily, and when the ignorant address them [harshly], they say [words of] peace" Quran 25:63

]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by fatymore(f): 9:51am On Jan 17, 2020
Jaynom:
1. Who should wash themselves? The man or the woman?
2. Why is it necessary to purify myself after having sex with my wife?

Are you a Muslim?

If no, you don't need to purify yourself.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Criptofxt10: 9:51am On Jan 17, 2020
Me when I saw this message undecided undecided undecided
Is that how Christian posts are also restricted from others...hmmm

24 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Stalwert: 9:53am On Jan 17, 2020
Gynecomastia:

Liars are very intolerant

fatymore:

Are you a Muslim?

If no, you don't need to purify yourself.

grin grin grin

13 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Rushtec(m): 9:58am On Jan 17, 2020
The Christian wont even know that this are also in there Bible. Do you believe 5 pillar of islam are clear in the Bible? no 1 act exhibited by the christian are in the Bible. Kudo to the Muslim. I respect

Gynecomastia:

5 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by midnighter(f): 9:59am On Jan 17, 2020
Taking a bath after sex is normal but this rule was not written for black women who may have their hair in a style that would be messed up by pouring oodles of water on it every time she has sex

OP should find the guidance suitable for black people...this was written for Arabs and Indian people with a different type of hair

Even thinking about that, I dont even think an Indian woman who has straightened her hair would like to be pouring water on it every time...this is an archaic ruling abeg...unless the men are ready for the woman to refuse sex because she doesnt want to mess her hair up with wuduu

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Umarzy(m): 10:00am On Jan 17, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Question

Answer

Allaah Knows best.

Source=Islamweb

JazakaLLAH OP. There's one narration that says one shouldn't wash the feet while performing ablution and that it should be washed after you are done performing the Ghusl. Moreso, there's another one that says one should pour water from your right hand to the half part of your body and vice versa. What's your take on that?

Also, is Ghusl required when an ejaculation occurs in which there's no pleasure involved?

2 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by ContractKiller: 10:00am On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by SokizzRaven(m): 10:06am On Jan 17, 2020
AlataSuesue:
Y'all act like sex is a dirty act but please it is not, sex under the right condition(marriage) is beautiful. It was created and ordained by God for procreation and our enjoyment. You people are hypocrites (no offense), If you need to "purify" yourselves after intercourse, then you have no business doing it in the first place.
Mohammed was the greatest hypocrite of them all. Creating this silly rule but carrying out truly dirty acts (pedophilia).
Now tell me why do you go into the bathroom to clean up after sex?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 17, 2020
Yes I do
But not for religious reasons or because I think I've committed a dirty act
I don't just like goopy semen stuck in my vagina and running down my legs undecided
SokizzRaven:

Now tell me why do you go into the bathroom to clean up after sex?

24 Likes

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by BlackSeptember: 10:13am On Jan 17, 2020
AlataSuesue:
Y'all act like sex is a dirty act but please it is not, sex under the right condition(marriage) is beautiful. It was created and ordained by God for procreation and our enjoyment. You people are hypocrites (no offense), If you need to "purify" yourselves after intercourse, then you have no business doing it in the first place.
Mohammed was the greatest hypocrite of them all. Creating this silly rule but carrying out truly dirty acts (pedophilia).
Do you know Mohammed had sex with his slaves without their consent?

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reminder: Purification After Sex (how To Perform Ghusl From Janaba) by Nobody: 10:14am On Jan 17, 2020
And I bet he never purified himself afterwards
Mohammed wrote islam for gullible people, and not himself.
BlackSeptember:
Do you know Mohammed had sex with his slaves without their consent?

33 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What's Your Say About This Notice in the Mosque (photo) / Attachments On Women`s Hair / Mosque In Osun Welcomes Muslims With Quote From The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.