Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,123 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? (7379 Views)

We Can Be As Perfect As God, Here Is How - Pastor Sunday Adelaja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 7:14am On Jan 20, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

What sort of warped scriptural backup is this?

Where does it say Jesus is the same as father?

FOLYKAZE:
For ff sake, a woman can declare that whoever see her has seen her husband. A representative can also say he doesn't speak on his own authority but of the person that sent him.

None of the two claims make wife become Husband or representative become the face of authority. So I don't know where you get the crap like Jesus is Jehovah.
In broad daylight Jesus Christ is claiming to be the Father His disciples seek and here you are asking me if He claimed to be Jehovah or where it is written?

John 14:9-11 is enough to prove that the Godhead is one expressing Himself in three offices. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

If you are not able to comprehend that simple passage because of your opinion, then, it is not my fault.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
CaveAdullam:

In broad daylight Jesus Christ is claiming to be the Father His disciples seek and here you are asking me if He claimed to be Jehovah or where it is written?

Nowhere in John 14:9-11 did Jesus mentioned that he is the Father. You are only cooking that up.

These two statements : 'Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.' and 'The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority' is a confirmation that Jesus acted as a representative of God.

And in case you don't know how representative job work, you can Google that.

While at that, you still have the duty of showing us where Jesus said he is Jehovah.

CaveAdullam:

John 14:9-11 is enough to prove that the Godhead is one expressing Himself in three offices. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

If you are not able to comprehend that simple passage because of your opinion, then, it is not my fault.

Godhead is one, more like the royal circle or the presidency or marriage. However, in the presidency, even though the SGF is referred to as the Presidency, he/she is not the GCFR.

More like in Marriage institution. Two human; a man and woman become one. The oneness is marriage, it doesn't make both couple a single entity.

If I were to fire more shots, John 17:20-22 is the best projectile because it explains that believers are one.
What does this oneness mean? Marriage and or brotherhood. And what constitute this oneness, it is different actors and characters.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by orunto27: 4:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
Janosky:

Hebrew 1:8,9 is a repeat of Psalm 45:6,7.
Psalm 45:6-7 The Message (MSG)
6-7
“Your throne is God’s throne,
ever and always;
The scepter of your royal rule
measures right living.
You love the right
and hate the wrong.
And that is why God, your very own God,
poured fragrant oil on your head,
Marking you out as king
from among your dear companions."
Compare 1 Chronicle 29:23. Rev 3:21. Lamentations 5:19. 2 Sam7:12-16.

Any rendition of Hebrew 1:8 radically different from Psalms 45:6,7 (MSG.NWT) is simply a FRAUD to back up the Trinity fraud.

Objection my Lord. This Witness is judging Fraud before Christ ascends The Throne and absorbs God The Son and God The Holy Spirit into Himself as God The Father.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

Nowhere in John 14:9-11 did Jesus mentioned that he is the Father. You are only cooking that up.

These two statements : 'Whoever has seen me has seen the Father.' and 'The words that I say to you I do not speak on my own authority' is a confirmation that Jesus acted as a representative of God.
If Jesus Christ wasn't the father why did He not give Thomas the answer or way to the Father?

Isaiah 9:6
KJV:For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

FOLYKAZE:
And in case you don't know how representative job work, you can Google that.
Jesus Christ was not a representative of God on earth oga. It was the Godhead manifesting Himself in the flesh.

2 Corinthians 5:19
KJV:To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

FOLYKAZE:

While at that, you still have the duty of showing us where Jesus said he is Jehovah.
In a criminal investigation you don't need a perfect replay of the crime scene before you swing into investigations or conclude justice. You come to justice by summing reasonable circumstantial evidences even when the puzzle is not totally giving the clear picture but at least a reasonable one.

Jesus Christ is Jehovah in the Body. If He is a representative of Jehovah then Jehovah was foolish and powerless in the almost 34 years Jesus Christ spent on earth until His ascension. Because Jesus Christ is the power and wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:24
KJV:But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

If anyone is sent as a representative will he posses all the wisdom and power of the one that sent him?

FOLYKAZE:
Godhead is one, more like the royal circle or the presidency or marriage. However, in the presidency, even though the SGF is referred to as the Presidency, he/she is not the GCFR.

More like in Marriage institution. Two human; a man and woman become one. The oneness is marriage, it doesn't make both couple a single entity.

If I were to fire more shots, John 17:20-22 is the best projectile because it explains that believers are one.
What does this oneness mean? Marriage and or brotherhood. And what constitute this oneness, it is different actors and characters.

Colossians 1:15-17
KJV:Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

KJV:For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

KJV:And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
mrZENographer:

Yes!

Mark16:15 "And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature."

Acts 8:4 "Therefore they that were scattered abroad went every where preaching the word."

Where did Jesus say you should preach about Lord Chosen? Na Lord's Chosen be the gospel?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
CaveAdullam:
When I say you are a clown I wasn't missing words.

Looooooooool. You are funny dude, really funny.

Parable ko parable ni.

Muttleylaff, MrZENographer, FOLYKAZE you guys should come carry your bro o.

Looooooooool.

OK, 1. When Jesus was in the womb of Mary, Was the Father & Spirit also there? (Yes or No)

2. Did they all came out together? (Yes or No) 3. when did dey separate?

3. When John.... baptized Jesus a voice came from heaven saying this is my beloved son...? Whose voice? Jesus, Spirit or father or the three together?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
AntiChristian:

OK, 1. When Jesus was in the womb of Mary, Was the Father & Spirit also there? (Yes or No)

3. When John.... baptized Jesus a voice came from heaven saying this is my beloved son...? Whose voice? Jesus, Spirit or father or the three together?

Psalms 139:7-12
KJV:Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
KJV:If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
KJV:If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
KJV:Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
KJV:If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
KJV:Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 8:55pm On Jan 20, 2020
AntiChristian:

Where did Jesus say you should preach about Lord Chosen? Na Lord's Chosen be the gospel?

Seriously! Are you for real?

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 9:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
CaveAdullam:

Muttleylaff, MrZENographer, FOLYKAZE you guys should come carry your bro o.

AntiChristian:

1) No
2) No
3) No
4) The Father's Voice.
"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him". And a voice from Heaven said " This is my beloved Son..." Luke 3:22

The Father, Son and Holy Ghost. These three are one.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by MuttleyLaff: 10:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
mrZENographer:
1) No
2) No
3) No
4) The Father's Voice.
"And the Holy Ghost descended in a bodily shape like a dove upon him". And a voice from Heaven said " This is my beloved Son..." Luke 3:22

I am 1000% endorsing without demur these four absolutely correct answers

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
CaveAdullam:
If Jesus Christ wasn't the father why did He not give Thomas the answer or way to the Father?

You have abandoned John 14:9-11 and grasping at straws. Even at that, your submissions are watery.

Jesus said he is the way, no one goes to the father without him. This is an indication that he (Jesus) is the subordinate of Jehovah. Jesus didn't mention, at no point in the bible that he is Jehovah. If he did, show us.

CaveAdullam:
Isaiah 9:6
KJV:For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The verse reads :and his name shall be called... It didn't say his name is... Two different cases

I answer my father's name on many occasions, does that makes me my father? He is a personality and I am a distinctive and separate person. What is it you don't understand?

CaveAdullam:
Jesus Christ was not a representative of God on earth oga. It was the Godhead manifesting Himself in the flesh.

You are the one telling us God killed himself to appeals himself. Not so? Prove your case. Don't tell me your own viewpoint, dig into the bible and show us where Jesus said he is Jehovah.

CaveAdullam:
2 Corinthians 5:19
KJV:To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

Another hogwash.

Holy spirit is in believers, does that mean believers are same as holy spirit?

CaveAdullam:
In a criminal investigation you don't need a perfect replay of the crime scene before you swing into investigations or conclude justice. You come to justice by summing reasonable circumstantial evidences even when the puzzle is not totally giving the clear picture but at least a reasonable one.

Inconsequential

CaveAdullam:
Jesus Christ is Jehovah in the Body. If He is a representative of Jehovah then Jehovah was foolish and powerless in the almost 34 years Jesus Christ spent on earth until His ascension. Because Jesus Christ is the power and wisdom of God.

1 Corinthians 1:24
KJV:But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

If anyone is sent as a representative will he posses all the wisdom and power of the one that sent him?

Where in the verse above did you see the word 'all'? It simply says Jesus is the power and wisdom of God. It didn't say he is ALL. Stop making things up.

You seriously have a gap between sole management and administrative system. But I can help you.

1. In sole management, everything can be completed on your singular authority and might.

2. In Administrative system, power is separate within the
bureaucrats.

Now, in the bureaucracy, the lowest person in the Pyramid is also an image of the top most person. At that moment, the lowest bares the power and authority of the topmost person.

So sir, I don't know what else you don't understand here.

CaveAdullam:
Colossians 1:15-17
KJV:Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

Image mean representation.

Get a dictionary next time if you don't understand a word instead of embarrassing yourself.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 6:24am On Jan 21, 2020
mrZENographer:

1) No
2) No
3) No
4) The Father's Voice.

What an Answer! Now you agree Jesus was alone in Mary's womb and he died alone so how will he be one with the spirit and father ?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 6:33am On Jan 21, 2020
mrZENographer:

Seriously! Are you for real?

Yeah! Why Lord chosen and not Catholic, JW, Redeem, Winners, Deeper Life, Anglican, Celestial, Cherubim, etc?

Which church did Jesus chose for you and did you recognize Jesus' Church?

Before your church came into existence where all other Christians not Christians?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 8:10am On Jan 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:

You have abandoned John 14:9-11 and grasping at straws. Even at that, your submissions are watery.

Jesus said he is the way, no one goes to the father without him. This is an indication that he (Jesus) is the subordinate of Jehovah. Jesus didn't mention, at no point in the bible that he is Jehovah. If he did, show us.
I have shown you already but your dogmatic nature won't allow you to accept it.

If I ask a representative to show me where his boss is, he will either give me his address or phone number unlike Christ that boldly proclaimed that He was the Father in John 14:9-11.

FOLYKAZE:
The verse reads :and his name shall be called... It didn't say his name is... Two different cases

I answer my father's name on many occasions, does that makes me my father? He is a personality and I am a distinctive and separate person. What is it you don't understand?
you are the one that don't understand that the Godhead is One i.e one Manifesting in three offices at the same time.

FOLYKAZE:
You are the one telling us God killed himself to appeals himself. Not so? Prove your case. Don't tell me your own viewpoint, dig into the bible and show us where Jesus said he is Jehovah.
Done that long time ago but you were unable to comprehend.

FOLYKAZE:
Another hogwash.

Holy spirit is in believers, does that mean believers are same as holy spirit?

Inconsequential

Where in the verse above did you see the word 'all'? It simply says Jesus is the power and wisdom of God. It didn't say he is ALL. Stop making things up.

You seriously have a gap between sole management and administrative system. But I can help you.

1. In sole management, everything can be completed on your singular authority and might.

2. In Administrative system, power is separate within the
bureaucrats.

Now, in the bureaucracy, the lowest person in the Pyramid is also an image of the top most person. At that moment, the lowest bares the power and authority of the topmost person.

So sir, I don't know what else you don't understand here.

Image mean representation.

Get a dictionary next time if you don't understand a word instead of embarrassing yourself.
Colossians 1:15-18 has settled your arguments but if you can't comprehend your headache bro.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by MuttleyLaff: 8:44am On Jan 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
I will only fast rope on the X spot. You have made a statement but you need to be more definite with your words. Like many Trinitarians, I accept Godhood is one but there are different character in the triangle. This is more like the Presidency. The next problem is how we define Oneness and what constitute oneness.

A good shot from Gen 2:24 and Matt 19:4-6 define union of a man and a woman as oneness.

Addressing your question, God could take the form of Man. And that implies that he wouldn't be on his throne at the moment he is on Earth. Looking at Heb 9:14, that verse stated that Jesus sacrificed himself to God. This tells that Jesus who offered himself is an entity and God who accepted the sacrifice is a separate entity. The logic of sacrifice is one gives and another receives. Unless you Trinitarians want to tell us that God killed himself to appeal himself, the sacrifice of Jesus dictates that more than one actor is involved.

You know me too well that I can't accept statement from you without supporting Bible quotation. Please show me the verse from the bible that said Jesus is Jehovah.

I wouldn't accept Adonai and Lord game as found in Matt 22:44. I want you to direct me to where Bible said Jesus is Jehovah.

Yes, I know Godhood doesn't operate like Aso Rock. In Aso Villa, there is some of Democracy unlike Autocracy form of Government practiced in Heaven. And one indisputable fact about the heaven Government is that there are subordinates, councils and hierarchies. These subordinates are Angels and Holy Spirits who run errands. The Elders and Queens of heaven form hierarchies. And the Gods (children of El) form the Government. We also have the oppositions. In all these, there are more than one personalities.

What I seem not fathomable is how you accepted God has higher authority over his subjects (Holy Spirit) and can send them at will anywhere; but sees same subject as equal in authority as God.

Jesus even declared in John 14:28 that God is greater than him.

Are these not enough to make you see through that Trinity is a set of three.

That reminds me. Trinity is from the word Trinita (latin) which mean three-ness or property of occurring three at once. In Greek, trinity is triado which mean a set of three.

From the definition of the word, bible and argument in support, doesn't this clearly mean Jesus and God are different personalities in one Godhood?

Lol.

You are saying and want me to agree that God is one. Ain't you the same person that said God is three?

Does this definition applies to Jesus and Holy Spirit. If your answer is yes, explain to me in your own understandings how Holy spirit which you claimed is God is an Uncreated living, intelligent, omnipresent, self-existing, infinite being.

And just in case your answer is no, explain why you are dancing all around.

Kindly explain how Jesus fits in here sir.

Back this statement up with bible verses.

Unless you are playing some hanky panky game with me, you should have known that God or Lord can apply to anyone or anything. It is about perception. For example, Judges were referred to as God in Exo 22:28. Infact, God himself called Judges who are human 'God'. The word is ambiguous and not designated for a singularity. This is why what you supposedly see as a God must have a name. A name is specific and definite. I believe this God you are talking about is Jehovah. If that is his name, Thomas did not call Jesus by the name 'Jehovah'. He simply call him God because the word applies to Jesus and every other things one perceive having authority.
I will appreciate if you can help me with verse where Jesus is called Jehovah.

And please I can see the God/god game, it doesn't worth it (i believe you can do better than that).

Isnt this the God that had galvanized and cruised the Earth as human according to Gen 3:8 and Gen 18:1-5. Is this not the God that physically fought with Jacob Gen 32?. And in heaven, he was seen sitting on a throne. Formless on a throne?

If I still understand my bible very well. There is a particular verse where God wondered who is it will go down and deliver mankind. According to the story, Jesus indicated he will go down, left his crown in his throne and asked God to send him. And God sent him.

The story reveals that Jesus and God are different entities. But here my friend is telling me Jesus a slice of God. Hilarious!

At the emboldened. Jesus is God, no dispute. The line of argument is if jesus is Jehovah. You haven't show us how he is.

It is confusing when you use the word 'God' instead of the name of God you are referring to.

It is also undisputable, there can never be anyone like Jehovah. But wait, is Jehovah same as the Most High who appeared to Melchizedek. Remember Jehovah only appeared to Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and prolly Moses?

Oh well, your proposition support my claim that Jesus isn't same person as Jehovah. You are the one telling us they are same personality.
FOLYKAZE, hmmm, with the utmost and deservedly due respect, please before I respond to each and/or all above, please first give me your answer to the below question. It and its subsets aim to set the tone, set the stage, as it were, on which to properly and correctly build this discourse we are having, on, lol.

#1a/ FOLYKAZE, do you see God, as not having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ or you see God, as having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ, lol?
#1b/ Do you believe that it is impossible for God to exist at the same time, as in meaning, be in two places at the same (e.g. be in heaven and at the same time be on earth) or you don't believe that it is possible for God to exist at the same time, as in meaning, be in two places at the same time (e.g. be in heaven and at the same time be on earth)
#1c/ FOLYKAZE, do you believe God is capable of projecting Himself, as in meaning God has the power/means/technical know how, to physically extend outwards from and/or beyond Himself, to the point/extent of becoming corporeal, lol?

As you must have noticed, I have emboldened and underlined the prominent features details and concerns in your post, thouh most of them I sometimes in the past have already dealt with, I will repeat myself when responding to all you've raised in your post and even possibbly make myself clearer.

Just to clear you, please click on the below URL links, to read about my positioning on trinity, lol
https://www.nairaland.com/5624496/law-god-law-medes-persians#85720239
OR
https://www.nairaland.com/5352739/please-need-trinitarians-explain-hebrews/4#84699740
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 9:14am On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

What an Answer! Now you agree Jesus was alone in Mary's womb and he died alone so how will he be one with the spirit and father ?

John 15:26 "But when the Comforter(Holyghost) is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Son came to do the work of saving mankind through his death/resurrection. He finished his work. cool cool

ABOUT THE HOLYGHOST
The Holyghost has his own work which he already started since the Ascension of Jesus Christ to Heaven. His work is to give spiritual gifts, guide, uphold, strengthen the believers in Christ and use them. The Holyghost will finish his work at the sound of the last trumpet.

2 These 2:7 "For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

Yeah! Why Lord chosen and not Catholic, JW, Redeem, Winners, Deeper Life, Anglican, Celestial, Cherubim, etc?

Before your church came into existence where all other Christians not Christians?

We advertise our church because there are many churches, many shepherds, many bishops. Some/many of which are either false or preach diluted doctrines/heresies.

We preach Jesus Christ, not church. There is a concrete difference between advertising your company and selling your products. When they come to our church, they hear the undiluted gospel, receive prayers and followup (which is the most important). If you don't have a company page/brand how can your customers return/identify the organisation they belong? They will go other places since they can't find you. And possibly never get the same warmeth/satisfaction they got in your company/ the products.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 9:42am On Jan 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
FOLYKAZE, hmmm, with the utmost and deservedly due respect, please before I respond to each and/or all above, please first give me your answer to the below question. It and its subsets aim to set the tone, set the stage, as it were, on which to properly and correctly build this discourse we are having, on, lol.

#1a/ FOLYKAZE, do you see God, as not having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ or you see God, as having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ, lol?
#1b/ Do you believe that it is impossible for God to exist at the same time, as in meaning, be in two places at the same (e.g. be in heaven and at the same time be on earth) or you don't believe that it is possible for God to exist at the same time, as in meaning, be in two places at the same time (e.g. be in heaven and at the same time be on earth)
#1c/ FOLYKAZE, do you believe God is capable of projecting Himself, as in meaning God has the power/means/technical know how, to physically extend outwards from and/or beyond Himself, to the point/extent of becoming corporeal, lol?

This looks more like a movie of a supernatural being that can exist in two places at a time. If an entity is one then it is one. Three entities are three not one.
You are claiming God has three entities but each entities can exists separately!

God is capable of doing all things but somethings are not befitting for Him!
Like God slidding down the birth canal of one of His creation! And God dying!
I must be extremely dumb to believe this!
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by MuttleyLaff: 9:45am On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:
This looks more like a movie of a supernatural being that can exist in two places at a time. If an entity is one then it is one. Three entities are three not one.
You are claiming God has three entities but each entities can exists separately!

God is capable of doing all things but somethings are not befitting for Him!
Like God slidding down the birth canal of one of His creation
! And God dying!
I must be extremely dumb to believe this
!
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
We thank God, that God hasnt a chip on God's shoulder like you have.
Praise God. Alleluia.

This is how you get the meaning of what God's name means, lol.
Nah, this truth, definitely went over your head AntiChristian, lol, and you by your own admission, are not just extremely dumb, but you're dumb and dumber rolled into one, lol.
Aint you lucky, lol.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Jan 21, 2020
mrZENographer:

We advertise our church because there are many churches, many shepherds, many bishops. Some/many of which are either false or preach diluted doctrines/heresies.

We preach Jesus Christ, not church. There is a concrete difference between advertising your company and selling your products. When they come to our church, they hear the undiluted gospel, receive prayers and followup (which is the most important). If you don't have a company page/brand how can your customers return/identify the organisation they belong? They will go other places since they can't find you. And possibly never get the same warmeth/satisfaction they got in your company/ the products.

No Church preaches Jesus. You Preach for people to increase in your branch! And you haven't answered any of my former questions!

Can you preach for people to attend other church denominations like Redeem, Winners, etc or its only Father Lazarus that has the magic wand?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 10:04am On Jan 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
[img]https://s2/images/MuttleyDriveLaff.gif[/img]
We thank God,
that God hasnt a chip on God's shoulder like you have.
Praise God. Alleluia.
This is how you get the meaning of what God's name means, lol.
Nah, this truth, definitely went over your head AntiChristian, lol
You by your own admission, is not just extremely dumb,
but you're dumb and dumber rolled into one, lol.
Aint you lucky, lol.

Yeah i agree with you i am dumber. But isn't Jesus the dumbest for saying things like this?

Matthew 23:33
33 You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell?

Luke 11:40
40 You foolish people! Did not the one who made the outside make the inside also?

Matthew 16:23
23 Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men.

So much of a God!
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 10:17am On Jan 21, 2020
CaveAdullam:

Jesus must be a talking to himself too in this situations!

Matthew 26:39
'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will'

Matthew 26:42
He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done'

Mark 14:36
"'Abba, Father,' he said, 'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will"

Luke 22:41-42
'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'

Even Jesus bowed for Himself here!
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:37am On Jan 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
FOLY, hmmm, with the utmost and deservedly due respect, please before I respond to each and/or all above, please first give me your answer to the below question. It and its subsets aim to set the tone, set the stage, as it were, on which to properly and correctly build this discourse we are having, on, lol.

Ok

MuttleyLaff:
#1a/ FOLY, do you see God, as not having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ or you see God, as having the ability/power/means/know how/capability of concurrently being God, the Father and Jesus Christ, lol?

Sincerely, this question is vague because God descriptions include having Ultimate Power and Will to be whatever he so desire. Therefore, God, in this context Jehovah has the ability, power, means, know how and capacity to manifest himself. However, there is no reference in the bible that he concurrently lives as Jehovah and Jesus.

MuttleyLaff:

Practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. In fact, there is no reference to the claim that he can be everywhere at the same time.

MuttleyLaff:
#1c/ FOLY, do you believe God is capable of projecting Himself, as in meaning God has the power/means/technical know how, to physically extend outwards from and/or beyond Himself, to the point/extent of becoming corporeal, lol?

Another vague question there sir. This is not about my belief. I may believe God has a blue face, it is my subjective viewpoint, not the fact. Our discussion should be grounded on facts from bible, not my viewpoint or belief.

However, I will address your question drawing references from the bible. God has physically projected himself to Abraham, Jacob and Moses. These are some of the people that saw him physically. So yes, it is a fact that he can physically manifest himself.

There is this mine in your question, "physically extend outwards from and/or beyond Himself"... Extend and beyond is depicting a separate picture, different entirely from presenting oneself physically,that is simultaneously maintaining both physical and spiritual status. If this is the case, God cannot do it, base on past records.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 11:03am On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

No Church preaches Jesus. You Preach for people to increase in your branch! And you haven't answered any of my former questions!

Can you preach for people to attend other church denominations like Redeem, Winners, etc or its only Father Lazarus that has the magic wand?

Like I said, some churches preach heresies, some believe in post-tribulation as opposed to Pre-tribulation. Some make it compulsory for women to cover their hair, other churches are indifferent. Some preach/focus on prosperity gospel 100% and some focus on preaching and teaching about Holiness. Miracles happen in some churches while in some(many) churches miracles don't happen at all. Even some churches that purport to do signs&wonders are doing so with demonically derived powers. Some churches don't believe in miracles. Some churches uphold the "ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED" doctrine. Some churches ask their members to worship naked (without cloths).
There is a very wide diversity/differences in the churches.

Spiritually, the church is one (The body of Christ). But all those churches that doesn't practise Holiness/righteousness are none of his.
WHY? because

2 Timothy 2:19 "Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this #seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, Let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity. 20 But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour."
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 11:31am On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

Jesus must be a talking to himself too in this situations!

Matthew 26:39
'My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken away from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will'

Matthew 26:42
He went away a second time and prayed, 'My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done'

Mark 14:36
"'Abba, Father,' he said, 'everything is possible for you. Take this cup from me. Yet not what I will, but what you will"

Luke 22:41-42
'Father, if you are willing, take this cup from me; yet not my will, but yours be done'

Even Jesus bowed for Himself here!
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." Matthew 26:39
One Godhead manifesting in three offices that is As Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 11:42am On Jan 21, 2020
CaveAdullam:
One Godhead manifesting in three offices that is As Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

Don't confuse yourself!
Jesus can't worship the father whom he is one with nor can he cry Eli, Eli Eli Lama....to someone whom he is one with!
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by MuttleyLaff: 12:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
Ok

Sincerely, this question is vague because God descriptions include having Ultimate Power and Will to be whatever he so desire. Therefore, God, in this context Jehovah has the ability, power, means, know how and capacity to manifest himself. However, there is no reference in the bible that he concurrently lives as Jehovah and Jesus.

Practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. In fact, there is no reference to the claim that he can be everywhere at the same time.

Another vague question there sir. This is not about my belief. I may believe God has a blue face, it is my subjective viewpoint, not the fact. Our discussion should be grounded on facts from bible, not my viewpoint or belief.

However, I will address your question drawing references from the bible. God has physically projected himself to Abraham, Jacob and Moses. These are some of the people that saw him physically. So yes, it is a fact that he can physically manifest himself.

There is this mine in your question, "physically extend outwards from and/or beyond Himself"... Extend and beyond is depicting a separate picture, different entirely from presenting oneself physically, that is simultaneously maintaining both physical and spiritual status. If this is the case, God cannot do it, base on past records
Thank you for your minimised responses, as I can see you answered the questions playing smart/clever instead of plainly being outright sincere, honest and/or first give binary responses and then maybe after launch into explanations.

You seem to be implying that, it's impossible for God to physically extend outwards from Himself or beyond Himself, lol. You seem to be saying it is beyond God's power/ability/capability, beyond God's technical know how to pull something like that successfully through, lol. You seem to think and believe, that it is not within God's power to concurrently exist in heaven and for 3312 on earth at the same time, lol. You seem to me to be underestimating God. I believe nothing is beyond God because that is the essence of the meaning of His name, however God is capable of doing anything, there however some things He will never do, not because He unable, but because due to His nature, He won't do, lol.

FOLYKAZE, I have asked you straightforward questions, there isn't anything vague in them at all. Ore, friend, if you agree and accept that God is Omnipresent, then whats this about God you saying practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. hmm?
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
Thank you for your minimised responses, as I can see you answered the questions playing smart/clever instead of plainly being outright sincere, honest and/or first give binary responses and then maybe after launch into explanations.

I know you too well my friend, and know what you are capable of doing. The mines you set are known to me, I need to take each steps smartly, cleverly and wisely.

MuttleyLaff:
You seem to be implying that, it's impossible for God to physically extend outwards from Himself or beyond Himself, lol. You seem to be saying it is beyond God's power/ability/capability, beyond God's technical know how to pull something like that successfully through, lol. You seem to think and believe, that it is not within God's power to concurrently exist in heaven and for 3312 on earth at the same time, lol. You seem to me to be underestimating God. I believe nothing is beyond God because that is the essence of the meaning of His name, however God is capable of doing anything, there however some things He will never do, not because He unable, but because due to His nature, He won't do, lol.

Read what I wrote in my previous post

This is not about my belief. I may believe God has a blue face, it is my subjective viewpoint, not the fact. Our discussion should be grounded on facts from bible, not my viewpoint or belief.

I, sincerely do not want to know your subjective viewpoint or discuss what you believe or think. Simply draw out facts from the scripture.

MuttleyLaff:
FOLY, I have asked you straightforward questions, there isn't anything vague in them at all. Ore, friend, if you agree and accept that God is Omnipresent, then whats this about God you saying practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. hmm?

Firstly, I stated in my previous post that, "Practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. In fact, there is no reference to the claim that he can be everywhere at the same time." I deduced the negative, rightly because I haven't confirm from the bible that God can simultaneously be in multiple places at the same time. Here, I am not disputing he has the ability. The bone of contention is if it is recorded in the bible that he had been in multiple places at the same time. If he had, provide evidences using bible as your support.

Secondly, I am not an advocate of Omni-epithets. It's superficial appellation that have very little or no atom of truth in it. Good example is Omni-benevolence which contravene the sadistic attitude of God toward the young man, who without his sin, sin of his parents and his past generation, was thrown into darkness by been blind, why would a benevolent being keep a young man blind from birth? Maybe he is sadistic.

The Omni-epithets mean nothing to me sir. Our main focus should be drawing facts about the nature of God and Jesus, if it were a singularity or tripartite. What I know, and very sure of, is that God according to the Bible claimed that he is One, shares Authority with No one, or have anyone equal to him. If you have contrary points, please present them sir.
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by CaveAdullam: 2:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
AntiChristian:

Don't confuse yourself!
Jesus can't worship the father whom he is one with nor can he cry Eli, Eli Eli Lama....to someone whom he is one with!

No need for all this rigmarole.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by MuttleyLaff: 6:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
FOLYKAZE:
I know you too well my friend, and know what you are capable of doing. The mines you set are known to me, I need to take each steps smartly, cleverly and wisely.
Ọrẹ, friend, walk like a champion, talk like a champion, there are no bobby traps. Just be yourself and stop reading meaning s and/or your interpretations into questions I ask you

FOLYKAZE:
Read what I wrote in my previous post

This is not about my belief. I may believe God has a blue face, it is my subjective viewpoint, not the fact. Our discussion should be grounded on facts from bible, not my viewpoint or belief.
Everything I will be advancing and/or advance to you are bible based facts, realities and/or truths

FOLYKAZE:
I, sincerely do not want to know your subjective viewpoint or discuss what you believe or think. Simply draw out facts from the scripture.
I have no subjective viewpoint, personal beliefs or what I think, to discuss with you, if I were have or do have, I certainly will advance warn you, that its my personal belief etcetera

FOLYKAZE:
Firstly, I stated in my previous post that, "Practically impossible to be here and there at the same time sir. In fact, there is no reference to the claim that He can be everywhere at the same time." I deduced the negative, rightly because I haven't confirm from the bible that God can simultaneously be in multiple places at the same time. Here, I am not disputing He has the ability. The bone of contention is if it is recorded in the bible that he had been in multiple places at the same time. If he had, provide evidences using bible as your support.
Remind me later to give you evidences of this, if I havent yet, but now its the right time to. I am still clearing up, decluttering

FOLYKAZE:
Secondly, I am not an advocate of Omni-epithets. It's superficial appellation that have very little or no atom of truth in it. Good example is Omni-benevolence which contravene the sadistic attitude of God toward the young man, who without his sin, sin of his parents and his past generation, was thrown into darkness by been blind, why would a benevolent being keep a young man blind from birth? Maybe he is sadistic
So you're part of the blaming game gang too, lol, hmm? Is it God's fault now, the evil in the world, erhn?

FOLYKAZE:
The Omni-epithets mean nothing to me sir.
Epithets are often and/or usually used as a term of abuse, there is nothing negative in the suffixes added to "Omni" when done in regards to God

FOLYKAZE:
Our main focus should be drawing facts about the nature of God and Jesus, if it were a singularity or tripartite.
The nature is both and more than both

FOLYKAZE:
What I know, and very sure of, is that God according to the Bible claimed that he is One, shares Authority with No one, or have anyone equal to Him. If you have contrary points, please present them sir.
You and I at least agree on this basic and fundamental truth.

I am 10000% sure, you are familiar with and/or accustomed to what planes altogether do before they actually do take off. Yup, a slow taxing away from the airport terminal and towards the runaway, then it accelerates to the point of take off and lifts into the air. Well we are slowly taxing away from our terminal and soon will gather enough momentum to lift us into the air of robust, meaningful, matured, healthy discourse ọrẹ, lol.

1/ What do you believe God's name is
2/ Is your answer, given in #2 above, to your understanding, an unequivocal name of God?
3/ Tell me I am wrong in assuming that, you seem to have put a limit on God, as in meaning, you limit God to three?
4/ Have you considered anything like this before, thinking of God, this way, that H20, sent itself into the world. H20 caused and/or allowed itself to be visible and seen as solid ice etcetera
5/ When everyone else backed out, do you at all know, why God put Himself forward for the work?
6/ Using 10, as maximum and very good and 1, as minimum and not that good, please score yourself on how skilful you are using and knowing technical things on Microsoft Word please. What's your score?

Provide your answers and lets get this party started. Get this party started quickly. I have all your previous "points" and/or concerns
Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by mrZENographer: 1:14am On Jan 22, 2020
AntiChristian:

Don't confuse yourself!

If you were a $1million Robot military hardware. I'm sure you will be glorifying your software that makes you unique and is one with you.
Hardware, Software and Electricity are one.

The Father sent the Son. The Son glorifies him.
"Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me."

Whatever the Father commands, the Son executes. Therefore, he is rightfully called God, though they are one.
When God the Father said, let there be light, it was The Son/Word that fulfilled the command. The Son created the whole world as the Godhead commanded.

1 Like

Re: Does The Bible Ever Refer To Jesus Christ As “god”? by AntiChristian: 6:17am On Jan 22, 2020
mrZENographer:

If you were a $1million Robot military hardware. I'm sure you will be glorifying your software that makes you unique and is one with you.
Hardware, Software and Electricity are one.

The Father sent the Son. The Son glorifies him.
"Jesus answered, "I do not have a demon; but I honor My Father, and you dishonor Me."

Whatever the Father commands, the Son executes. Therefore, he is rightfully called God, though they are one.
When God the Father said, let there be light, it was The Son/Word that fulfilled the command. The Son created the whole world as the Godhead commanded.

So why is the father omniscient and the son was not if truly they are one?

Why is the sin against the spirit unforgivable but that against the son is forgivable?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Is The 2nd Most Respected Man Of God / Jesus Promise: Leave your wifes for my sakeand I shall give you a 100 wives / Atheism Is Irrational.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 194
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.