Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI (1111 Views)

What's Going On With Ronaldo And Juventus? / Georgina Rodriguez: My First Meeting With Ronaldo Was Love At First Sight / Farouk Yarma Pictured With Ronaldo, Ronaldinho, Cafu And Puyol In Russia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by Legend44(m): 11:29am On Jan 15, 2020
Lionel Messi believes his 'special' La Liga duel with Cristiano Ronaldo will 'remain forever' in people's minds despite his rival's switch to Serie A.

With Messi the figurehead at Barcelona and Ronaldo spearheading Real Madrid from 2009 until 2018, the two attacking superstars dominated world football to win all but one of the last 12 Ballon d'Or awards - with only Luka Modric managing to break the duopoly in 2018.

Messi feels the longevity and intensity of his rivalry with Ronaldo was a highlight and that fans will not easily forget their battles even though the Portuguese is now plying his trade for Italian giants Juventus.
"It was a special duel and it will remain [in people's minds] forever, because it lasted for many years and it is not easy to maintain such levels for a long time. Plus, the teams we played in were also very demanding, both Real Madrid and Barca, the two best teams in the world," Messi told La Liga on DAZN.

"Competing on an equal footing for so many years, I think it will remain [in people's minds] forever. The sporting duel between us was very nice on a personal level and I think people had fun too, whether they were fans of Madrid or Barca, or even only football fans in general."

Despite a four-year drought, Messi won his sixth Ballon d'Or in 2019 to go one ahead of Ronaldo, who has claimed the prestigious honour on five occasions.

During Ronaldo's time in the Spanish capital, Messi scored 472 goals in 476 appearances across all competitions, while his Madrid foe hit 450 goals in 438 matches.

Messi remembers fondly the times he took on Ronaldo and said Barcelona's Clasico matches against Madrid were more important when the Portugal international was playing in them.
"Obviously, when Cristiano was at Real Madrid, the matches were always special," Messi said.

"The matches against Real always mean a lot, but when Cristiano was there they became much more special.

"But it's a time that has passed now, that we have experienced. Now, we have to look ahead to the future."
Source: https://www.goal.com/en/news/it-will-remain-forever-messi-speaks-openly-about-special/sksd035odskc1dkp9prohph9m

Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by boliswitpassprik(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2020
grin
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by Chingykay77(m): 12:14pm On Jan 15, 2020
I love it when the truth is said grin
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by MorataFC: 12:43pm On Jan 15, 2020
Does Lion have mercy?
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by tfash96(m): 10:10pm On Jan 15, 2020
If Messi is missing rivalry with Ronaldo he should go to Inter Milan then and leave our Barcelona for us....All I want is Champions League.. Messi or no Messi just gimme Champions League
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by ManspaceBarber(m): 5:09am On Jan 16, 2020
CR7 and Messi! These to great men are blessings to the world of football. Let's enjoy their best while they are here.

1 Like

Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by Astark: 5:49am On Jan 16, 2020
tfash96:
If Messi is missing rivalry with Ronaldo he should go to Inter Milan then and leave our Barcelona for us....All I want is Champions League.. Messi or no Messi just gimme Champions League
okay Mr penaldo fan grin
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by ThierryJay: 6:56am On Jan 16, 2020
True, I agree, there was a greater catch to the classico when CR7 was involved.

Messi had extra motivation to humiliate Real Madrid whenever CR7 was playing.

2 Likes

Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by Beverlyjean(f): 10:42am On Jan 16, 2020
[quote author=Astark post=85834765]okay Mr penaldo fan grin[/quot

I tot u guys said Messi doesn't think or talk about Ronaldo ... Messi fans are like buhari supporters , air heads
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by tfash96(m): 11:16am On Jan 16, 2020
Astark:
okay Mr penaldo fan grin
who told you I'm a fan of Ronaldo.. Like you don't know how much I dislike Ronaldo
Re: Clasico Matches Against Madrid Were More Important With Ronaldo - MESSI by ajericho(m): 6:30pm On Jan 16, 2020
idiots have started their stupid debates again

(1) (Reply)

How To Stream Live Sport Events With Your Smartphone / Nigeria Vs Tunisia : My Fear / Heart Attack While Loosing To Arsenal. Alex Ferguson.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.