Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,913 members, 7,806,650 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:52 PM

Understanding Malachi 3:10 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding Malachi 3:10 (804 Views)

See How Bishop T.D Jakes Celebrated The Birthday Of His Grandson Malachi Jakes / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry / Perfect Religion: Why Do Some Pastors Emphasise Mala. 3:10 More Than James 1:27? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 12:29pm On Jan 15, 2020
UNDERSTANDING MALACHI 3:10

Then, what is it we hear of the interpretation of Malachi 3:10? Do you not know that that distinct blessing of Malachi 3:10 is Christ, the Bread of Heaven? Is it not simple to understand? Let us observe the verse: Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it (KJV). Malachi points to a single, distinct, blessing that cannot be contained by any room (on earth, I’ll say).

Mathematically, the geometry of a room in its simplest form is modelled according to its length and its width and its height. This room without measure would mean that the distance between each vertex is infinite. Simply, its elevation can be expressed as the distance between anywhere on our planet to outskirts of the universe, skywards, past all the heavenly bodies; likewise the width and the length.

The Lord of Hosts challenges King Ahaz (in similar fashion as He did to the priests in the Book of Malachi) in Isaiah 7:11, to ask for a distinct sign whose ramification is as high as the heavens and reaches to the lowest parts of the earth: That distinct sign was the child born by a virgin (Isaiah 7:14), whose name is Christ Jesus. Concerning Christ, Ephesians 4:9, 10 says, “(Now this expression, "He ascended," what does it mean except that He also had descended into the lower parts of the earth? He who descended is Himself also He who ascended far above all the heavens)” (NASB); He who descended to the lowest parts of the earth and ascended past all heavens is Christ Jesus. That distinct blessing in Malachi 3:10 was Christ, of whom the psalmist said, “If I were to climb up to the highest heavens, you would be there. If I were to dig down to the world of the dead you would also be there”.

O! Whenever the windows of Heaven are open as all scripture reveal, Christ is seen by the eyes of men, the sound of His sweet voice hits men’s ear cords, His apparel of splendour causes men to faint and the earth opens up and salvation springs forth: Jacob dreamt of a stairway resting on the earth, with its top reaching to heaven, and the angels of God were ascending and descending on it. There above it stood the Lord, and He said: “I am the Lord”; Isaiah peeped through the ‘orifice’ of Heaven and said, “I saw the Lord sitting on His throne”; Steven looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. O! What visions of what pours out of Heaven that Isaiah, Ezekiel, Daniel, Paul, and John saw, and now Malachi sees?! Nothing proceeds from the Heaven of God to earth except Christ, alone. Paul with joy writes to us when he returned from the third heaven -where he saw Christ: “Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. In Christ, God has given us every spiritual blessing in heaven” (Eph. 1:3, ICB).

The blessing of Malachi 3:10 is Christ indeed.

And Jesus said to them, “I tell you the truth. You will all see heaven open. You will see angels of God going up and coming down on the Son of Man.” (John 1:51, ICB)

Acehart

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Lovelyn451(f): 3:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
Interesting
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 7:10am On Feb 09, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Interesting

What did you find interesting about the writeup?
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by MuttleyLaff: 9:15pm On Mar 01, 2020
Lovelyn451:
Interesting

Acehart:
What did you find interesting about the writeup?
Interesting that it didnt slant into tithing at all, but more interesting and seriously, is the wonderful richness and enormous depth of the write up
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 2:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
MuttleyLaff:

Interesting that it didnt slant into tithing at all, but more interesting and seriously, is the wonderful richness and enormous depth of the write up

Thank you very much grin
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by CodeTemplar: 5:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
one person, many user a*****ts.
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Goshen360(m): 5:44pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:

How does that matter to the message? grin The message or the messenger is your issue, which one? grin
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by CodeTemplar: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2020
Goshen360:

How does that matter to the message? grin The message or the messenger is your issue, which one? grin
False sense of identity is my concern and not message / messenger.
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:

What’s does a*****ts mean?
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by MuttleyLaff: 6:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Goshen360:
How does that matter to the message? grin
The message or the messenger is your issue, which one? grin
The messenger - Acehart, lol, is.

CodeTemplar:
False sense of identity is my concern and not message/messenger.

Acehart:
What’s does a*****ts mean?
accounts

He every now and then manages to mix me up with other people's moniker ID, lol.

Are you rivalling with him over a woman ni, lol?

PS: CodeTemplar, fyi, Acehart is not me and vice versa. You have again, got it completely wrong.

I am not CaveAdullam. I am not jesusjnr RIP. I am not Acehart.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 9:19pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:

Muttleylaff has made me know you mean I have many accounts. He has made his thoughts known and I wonder what Ms. Nwafor would think.

I have acknowledged your false accusation; False accusation is a lazy man’s occupation.

I wish I could respond to you meticulously like Muttleylaff: he is an intelligent man; it’s rare in a country like ours to find men who aren’t lazy in their mind.

False accusers are the worst kind of men; they are clouds without water; those who indulge in this malicious vocation are irredeemable - the end of Eliphaz is usually theirs.

I hope you realize your surreptitious message is false; and endeavor to renew your attitude towards people.
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Goshen360(m): 9:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
CodeTemplar:

False sense of identity is my concern and not message / messenger.

Get your facts right!

1 Like

Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by MuttleyLaff: 10:00pm On Apr 21, 2020
Goshen360:
Get your facts right!
He shoots from the hip.

Its not the first, second or third ocassion, him doing these his false accusations that he keeps getting wrong. I have never struggled with him over a woman, so I don't understand his obsession for having it in for me and desperately trying to find me out.

1 Like

Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Goshen360(m): 6:02am On Apr 22, 2020
MuttleyLaff:
He shoots from the hip.

Its not the first, second or third ocassion, him doing these his false accusations that he keeps getting wrong. I have never struggled with him over a woman, so I don't understand his obsession for having it in for me and desperately trying to find me out.

grin grin grin
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 23, 2020
Give him his change oo grin
MuttleyLaff:
He shoots from the hip.

Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 23, 2020
And what happens to the " bring ye all tithes in the first line of Malachi 3:10?
Re: Understanding Malachi 3:10 by Acehart: 11:22pm On May 23, 2020
Bodydialect57:
And what happens to the " bring ye all tithes in the first line of Malachi 3:10?

You would have to read the Book of Ezra and Nehemiah to see that the giving of tithes and other customs were jettisoned by the exiles after their return. (Malachi lived during this period). This apathy for the things of God lasted for centuries. However, the next time tithes was mentioned again in the scriptures, Christ had come.

Tithes comprised of wheat and barley - their flour are used to make bread. Christ is called “The Bread of Heaven”. It would seem that God was saying in Malachi 3:10: if they would bring their bread into the storehouse, He will in return give them His bread.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

You Need To Know / Premarital Cohabitation Is A Sin. Desist From It. / Why Is The Pastors, Prophet And Prophetess Running Away From Helping Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.