Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,912 members, 7,806,647 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 07:49 PM

If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? (52134 Views)

JAPA: Marry Your Man Before Coming To The UK - Nigerian Lady Advises / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? / If You Knew What You Know Now, Would You Marry Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Americanboy35: 6:51pm On Jan 16, 2020
Well, not marry yet, but i pray to find my Godsend soulmate when the time comes
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by victorian(f): 6:53pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
MY DEAR U HAVE SAID ALL. THE WORST MISTAKE A WOMAN WILL EVER MAKE IS TO MARRY A POOR BROKE GUY AND USED UR MONEY TO MAKE HIS COMFORTABLE. IN MY NEXT LIFE I WILL LOOK FOR A VERY RICH MAN AS HUSBAND. IF I DONT GET ONE I WILL BE A SINGLE MOTHER. I WONT REPEAT THIS MISTAKE WHERE I SPONSOR MARRIAGE, RENTED AND FURNISHED APARTMENT COS IT RUINED ME.HUBBY TOOK IT FOR GRANTED. AFTER 11 YEARS OF MARRIAGE I AM STILL THE ONE PAYING RENT AND TAKEN CARE OF MYSELF AND CHILDREN. I CANT BE SO HAPPY AND ASK FOR EVEN 1000 FROM HUBBY TO MAKE MY HAIR. VERY STINGEN AND SELF CENTERED PERSON. GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH COS I KNOW IT WILL END IN PRAISE

Wow! 11years! shocked

And youve been the one taking care of a full grown man!
Na wa o

In the past i use to date broke ,poor or hustling guys .i almost made a terrible mistake marrying one ,but my eyes cleared when i asked him a simple question a day before meeting his dad .
I asked , honey if im broke tomorrow , will u help and assist me with money?
This is a guy ,i always stock up his fridge with lots of nigerian and foreign provisions including meats and Chicken.
I always want to make sure any guy i date at least look fresh like me . This is a guy i will use my own money to cook pot of soups and stew.

Guess his reply?
The fool said but Babe how can i run broke? Ha! No o , i should stop such jokes . A whole Ceo, broke ke? Its impossible .
I looked at this guy with shock.

Then he continued and said his best friend wife bought a jeep for his best friend and the guy is living large , and envy to all of them who are his friends and he was expecting i wil buy him a car , attached to the full wardrobe of clothes and shoes i promised him so he can match my level . Cause i always say he doesnt dress rich .

Mehn! That was the end of that relationship.

I told him point blank , its over . Go look for another rich maga to marry.

Can u imagine ? I rather remain single for life! Than marry a man i wil.be dashing money to all the rest of my life or taking care of his life style..

If a man is not rich dont fucvking come near me ! Dont even look at my direction, abeg!

You are really trying and God will keep blessing you , and open more doors of prosperity for u in Jesus name.amen.

Hes doing himself o.

4 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by SlayerForever: 7:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
MY DEAR I AM STILL IN IT OOO WITH A VERY BROKEN HEART COS OF MY KIDS. BUT PLANNING ON HOW TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOR GOOD. I HAVE TOLD MY GOD I MUST EXPERIENCE LOVE IN THIS MY LIFE TIME. NOTHING IS BETTER THAN LOVE. I DID ALL I DID FOR MY HUBBY COS OF LOVE BUT HE FEELS I AM A FOOL. I DONT WISH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH ON EVEN THE PERSON THAT KILLED MY PRECIOUS MOTHER. I AM ALWAYS SAD, ALWAYS DAYDRAMING, FILLED WITH REGRETS AND WISHING I COULD TURN BACK THE HAND OF TIME

Mhennn sorry about that o. God is not asleep.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by hermesprogidy(m): 7:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
Is the OP married? undecided
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Rozaytee: 7:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
KingSatan:

I knew I would meet your kind.

This is not a thread to breed competition or promote hypocrisy.

You woman are good at dropping lines like these in order to portray the luckiest woman on Earth.

I have been married for over 3 decades and I can say "Marriage is beautiful if both of you love each other truthfully" and are determined to make your marriage work. Though it's not a smooth sail but with a determined spirit, you will conquer all.

You will sometimes fight your extended family because of that woman you love and cherish. Marriage is not for the feeble heart.

I remember one time, I looked straight in her eyes and I saw a helpless woman. I stood up to my late uncle's and told them never to insult my wife again or I stop bearing their surname and cut ties with them forever.

I could remember when i slumped, my wife was crying like I child. I woke up to her screams and tears.

I love my wife and I am without any doubt that she loves me too. I married her because I couldn't imagine living so far away from such beautiful soul. I wanted to have her all to myself and I succeeded.

Today, I don't see the curves (Of course I wasn't interested in all that when I married her) and she isn't seeing the albs, afro hairstyle etc but she is still my "Sexy Amigo".

I will marry her over and over again if given a chance.

PS: Don't even think money brought us together. I was still trying to find my place in this world when I met her. She told me "I believe in you"

After my mother, no one else except her said those words to me.

I held on to those words and today, it's all history.
Awwwwwwn cry kiss kiss
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Queenserah26(f): 7:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
Not married but i hope so grin
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Viconuelle: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
YES! YES!! YES!!!.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by morpheus24: 7:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
MY DEAR I AM STILL IN IT OOO WITH A VERY BROKEN HEART COS OF MY KIDS. BUT PLANNING ON HOW TO CHANGE MY LIFE FOR GOOD. I HAVE TOLD MY GOD I MUST EXPERIENCE LOVE IN THIS MY LIFE TIME. NOTHING IS BETTER THAN LOVE. I DID ALL I DID FOR MY HUBBY COS OF LOVE BUT HE FEELS I AM A FOOL. I DONT WISH WHAT I AM GOING THROUGH ON EVEN THE PERSON THAT KILLED MY PRECIOUS MOTHER. I AM ALWAYS SAD, ALWAYS DAYDRAMING, FILLED WITH REGRETS AND WISHING I COULD TURN BACK THE HAND OF TIME

Have you confronted your husband to tell him that you feel like a fool for all these things you are complaining about. Most women behave exactly the same in most marriages. They harbor a lot of anger, resentment without expressing this to the man then one day they up and leave with the man bewildered about what just happened.

Financial problems after infidelity is the number 2 cause of marriage breakups. When a woman no longer sees the future potential of a spouse it begins to dawn on her and regret sets in as the hard wiring of females is to see men as providers, comforters and protectors. This your marriage my dear is conditional contract you are living. You say you want to find true love. If you leave your husband that is not guaranteed either. It could become worse or better of you. Is this a gamble you are willing to take? Remember, It takes two to tango and this problem is something that has two sides to the story. Reflect on yourself as well and see where your short comings emanate from, what past experiences are influencing your decisions and what kind of expectations you have.

Woman up, tell your husband your feelings, lay it all down and see where the chips may fall but again you are a woman my advice will fall on deaf ears and I am about 90% sure you will not do what I just said. You will stay because of the kids and continue to suffer in silence. Na una nature!

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 7:36pm On Jan 16, 2020
BlackSwan:

Our dating was 2 years, one year long distance and the other year occasionally spending time together in the same house. I didn't used to ask for money then because he was struggling, I was even saving my own for after marriage and not spending on myself because I saw a bright future ahead of us.

Obviously this turned out to be a bad investment. Not all men are worth struggling with. I pray that there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Fisher007: 7:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
ImaIma1:

Hey fisher007...it's not everyone that has a good story. I guess this is the bad story you have been looking for.

Nope it is just everyone is painting a perfect picture of marriage which we all know is a lie. The rate of infidelity from mostly married people is disgusting to me, and both.husband and wife are aware.

But you all come online and fool the young ones with.sweet.happy ending story. Misery loves company. Keep fooling those willing to buy your stories. When they marry finish una go dey look them talk say go.back and fix it.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 16, 2020
midnighter:

Lol you made me laugh out loud. Ever the cynic!

At least you're consistent hahaha

Cynic? I prefer... Realist.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Isnow: 8:03pm On Jan 16, 2020
KingSatan:

You woman are good at dropping lines like these in order to portray the luckiest woman on Earth.

I have been married for over 3 decades and I can say "Marriage is beautiful if both of you love each other truthfully" and are determined to make your marriage work. Though it's not a smooth sail but with a determined spirit, you will conquer all.

You will sometimes fight your extended family because of that woman you love and cherish. Marriage is not for the feeble heart.

I remember one time, I looked straight in her eyes and I saw a helpless woman. I stood up to my late uncle's and told them never to insult my wife again or I stop bearing their surname and cut ties with them forever.

I could remember when i slumped, my wife was crying like I child. I woke up to her screams and tears.

I love my wife and I am without any doubt that she loves me too. I married her because I couldn't imagine living so far away from such beautiful soul. I wanted to have her all to myself and I succeeded.

Today, I don't see the curves (Of course I wasn't interested in all that when I married her) and she isn't seeing the albs, afro hairstyle etc but she is still my "Sexy Amigo".

PS: Don't even think money brought us together. I was still trying to find my place in this world when I met her. She told me "I believe in you"

l love this...God bless ur marriage...u will live up yo ur golden jubilee
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Rosarie(f): 8:08pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes!yes!yes
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by emecheboy2(m): 8:11pm On Jan 16, 2020
YES
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Babygal2020(f): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
ImaIma1:

Hey fisher007...it's not everyone that has a good story. I guess this is the bad story you have been looking for.
Marriage isn't a bed of roses. It entails love, understanding, forgiveness and ability to overlook some things.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ACE1010: 8:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yeah of course, my spouse died over 2 years ago, if I have the opportunity of meeting her again, I will propose without blinking.....one can hardly find her type...im still looking for the right words to describe her... I missed her so much lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 8:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
godblessuyirich:
MY DEAR U HAVE SAID ALL. THE WORST MISTAKE A WOMAN WILL EVER MAKE IS TO MARRY A POOR BROKE GUY AND USED UR MONEY TO MAKE HIS COMFORTABLE. IN MY NEXT LIFE I WILL LOOK FOR A VERY RICH MAN AS HUSBAND. IF I DONT GET ONE I WILL BE A SINGLE MOTHER. I WONT REPEAT THIS MISTAKE WHERE I SPONSOR MARRIAGE, RENTED AND FURNISHED APARTMENT COS IT RUINED ME.HUBBY TOOK IT FOR GRANTED. AFTER 11 YEARS OF MARRIAGE I AM STILL THE ONE PAYING RENT AND TAKEN CARE OF MYSELF AND CHILDREN. I CANT BE SO HAPPY AND ASK FOR EVEN 1000 FROM HUBBY TO MAKE MY HAIR. VERY STINGEN AND SELF CENTERED PERSON. GOD WILL SEE ME THROUGH COS I KNOW IT WILL END IN PRAISE

Guys will not understand when ladies say they cannot marry a "broke" guy. They only align with ladies that want to "grow with" a struggling guy.

I pray everything turns out well for you.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
Babygal2020:

Marriage isn't a bed of roses. It entails love, understanding, forgiveness and ability to overlook some things.

Who said it was. Even siblings fight but they still love each other. The fact there are disagreements in marriage doesn't mean it's not a happy one.

Some people here don't want to see people say they are enjoying their marriages. Not every story will be a sad one

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Heavance(m): 8:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
KingSatan:

Learning....

You just typed (spoke) words that went directly into my soul
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Tapout(m): 8:35pm On Jan 16, 2020
cococandy:

Like this one.

If you share any bit of your life that seems good in public, “researchers and truth seekers” won’t stop looking holes in it to convince themselves that you must be unhappy somehow.

Lol.. cheesy
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Explorece: 8:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
KingSatan:

@d bolded..u rili disappointed me sir with that word, no matter what such shouldn't come out of one's mouth....so sir do u think when d real chips of life is down..do u think ur wife will love u than your family....?
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by ImaIma1(f): 8:40pm On Jan 16, 2020
Fisher007:

Nope it is just everyone is painting a perfect picture of marriage which we all know is a lie. The rate of infidelity from mostly married people is disgusting to me, and both.husband and wife are aware.

But you all come online and fool the young ones with.sweet.happy ending story. Misery loves company. Keep fooling those willing to buy your stories. When they marry finish una go dey look them talk say go.back and fix it.

Not all marriages have infidelity issues.

Infidelity is not the only issue in marriage.

The fact that someone says they are enjoying their marriage and they will marry the person again doesn't mean the marriage is perfect but they live through their problems.

Siblings disagree and fight every time but they still love each other.

You believe the sad stories without a problem but choose to question the good ones.

If you think I am fooling anyone, that is your personal problem.

Don't let happy marriages pepper your body. You will be fine

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Zionchild22: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Am not sure..
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by tck2000(m): 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yustash001:
Not married yet... hoping for the best

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Joee2932: 8:49pm On Jan 16, 2020
No I won't.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by morpheus24: 8:55pm On Jan 16, 2020
ImaIma1:

Guys will not understand when ladies say they cannot marry a "broke" guy. They only align with ladies that want to "grow with" a struggling guy.

I pray everything turns out well for you.

So all the millions of ladies married to men who do not have the wear with all are all "mumu's" abi or they are just not as sharp as you.

Your kind should not get married at all cause its true essence has lost meaning in this generation where everyone is "living their best life"

I urge you all to remain baby mamas and single mothers make una no give man heart attack.

For those who stand in this sacred institution till the end, I tip my hats off to you. It is not easy to follow the path with the most resistance.

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Annstar(f): 8:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
Mouthgag:
Shut up! What are you doing here?
I'm not the reason for ur frustrations�
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 16, 2020
It is only those who have stayed 10+years married that have the authority to speak on this matter.it is only those who have experienced hardship and ease and are still married that can talk

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by realtalk19: 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
biggy26:

Wetin happen?!

It's a long,complicated story.its my past already.am in the future now.av moved on.
Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Vyolet(f): 9:09pm On Jan 16, 2020
LINTUNE:
try and understand his comment , most women that brag about their men on social are just being hypocritical. I can attest to this, they just do it to suppress single ladies..
If the women that brag about their husbands are hypocritical, what about men that brag about their wives? Are they also saying it to pepper single guy's?

I don't understand why you guys can't just be happy for others and move on with your lives.

2 Likes

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
Yes I would smiley....over and over again❤️

1 Like

Re: If You Were To Marry Again, Would You Marry Your Current Spouse? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 16, 2020
Capital letter No No No for me. The worst mistakes I ever made. She’s devil, if not even worst than the devil itself

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Dies From Injuries Sustained From Beating By Husband / Chinese Man Rocks His Nigerian Wife's Behind At An Event (pics) / What's The Advantage Of A Court Wedding To Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.