Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,561 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:28 PM

Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election (56636 Views)

Fada Oluoma Reacts To Supreme Court Verdict On Imo Election / Okorocha Dares Ihedioha On Arrest Order / Peter Obi Advises IMO State Governor, Ihedioha On 4 Dangers Ahead Of Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by ImoFirstBorn: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2020
STATEMENT FROM HIS EXCELLENCY, RT. HON. EMEKA IHEDIOHA, CON, ON THE SUPREME COURT RULING ON IMO STATE GOVERNORSHIP ELECTION OF THE MARCH 9, 2019.

JANUARY 15, 2020

My dear good people of Imo State,
I address you today, following recent developments affecting our dear state, and in particular the Supreme Court judgement of 14thJanuary 2020.In my relationship with you as Governor of Imo , I had employed regular consultations and dialogue as a tool of political discourse. This informs this course of action.

2. I am reporting back to you our great Imo people on the fate of the mandate you freely gave to me as Governor and Engr. Gerald Irona as Deputy Governor. This mandate has now been truncated and cut short by the Supreme Court, in contravention of the will of the people.

3. We shall always cherish the tremendous goodwill and support you gave us as we grappled with setting up a new administration to rebuild a state that was devastated by bad governance.

4. In the last seven months we sought to elevate merit, unity of purpose, honesty, transparency and an inclusive approach to governance, as the hallmarks of our administration. We sought to restore once again, the pride and dignity of Imo people. We worked very hard to re-engineer the Imo renaissance. But God knows why he has allowed this current state of affairs.

5. No doubt, yesterday’s Supreme Court verdict, came to us as a rude shock and surprise considering the facts on ground, legal precedence and clear verdict of Imo People on March 9 2019, that returned me as Governor with the highest valid votes of 273,404.

6. I do not agree with the judgement of the Supreme Court. I think it is unfair, unjust and does not reflect the voting that took place during the elections. It also didn’t take care of the sensibilities of the people of Imo State. But as true democrats, Engr Gerald Irona and I have no option but to respect the outcome of that judgement.

7. Consequently, we have put machinery in motion to hand-over the reins of office to the APC Candidate as the the next governor of Imo State. This will be coordinated by the Secretary to the State Government. I therefore direct all members of Imo State Expanded Executive Council, and all political appointees to write their handing-over notes and to return all government properties in their custody, forthwith. I shall not be party to pilfering of Government property or funds.

8. May we use this opportunity to express our gratitude to God for the opportunity to serve, within the short period he granted us. We sincerely appreciate you for all your solidarity and goodwill. We would forever cherish and treasure your love, your trust and your partnership. We made our mark. Rebuilding our dear state is neither easy nor personal, but a task undertaken for our today and tomorrow.

9. I thank you all for your support which saw us achieve so much and reversed the negative trajectory of Imo State within a space of seven months. It is significant to note that Imo State was looking good again. We were declared the least corrupt State in the Country, the fastest state growing economy in Nigeria and the most improved, in terms of the deployment of Information Technology in service delivery. Our infrastructure was significantly coming to life, civil servants and pensioners were now being paid as and when due and optimism returned to Imo State. It is on record that we were acclaimed as the most sports and diaspora friendly state. Most importantly we returned life and activities to our local governments. Yes we had good plans to make Imo the centre piece of commerce, industry, technology, tourism by providing good leadership and first class infrastructure. Under our watch, Imo became safe with our systematic approach to securing lives and property.

10. All these were made possible by your prayers, support and sacrifices. I therefore appeal to all Imolites, especially our teeming supporters to remain calm and to shun any action that is capable of resulting in a breach of the peace. We can always have different parties, but we would have only one Imo State. In the same vein, I urge you to extend to my successor, the same support you gave to me. It is my wish that he will continue on the path we had set for the rebuilding of our state as well as consolidate on the progress and milestones we achieved.

11. It is incontrovertible that we ran a good race, fought tough battles, (including, principalities and powers)and governed the state well, with the fear of God, accountability, transparency and entrenched due process. We, however, take solace in the book of Ecclesiastics 3:1, “To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven”.

12. We step aside with implicit faith in the Sovereign Lord who reigns over the affairs of men.

13. Thank you.
Imo bu nke anyi.

Rt. Hon. Emeka Ihedioha, CON.

https://mobile.twitter.com/EmekaIhedioha/status/1217509691917508612

75 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:44pm On Jan 15, 2020
Good

14 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by destinychildolu(m): 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2020
Good

4 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2020

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:46pm On Jan 15, 2020
Chop Your Loss.And Get Away, Idiat!

90 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Armaggedon: 6:47pm On Jan 15, 2020
Divine Judgement is coming.
God might be silent but doesn't take kindly to the actions of those who abuse his name.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Racoon(m): 6:49pm On Jan 15, 2020
“The only prize much cared for by the powerful is power. The prize for the General is not bigger tent but com­mand.”(Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, 1841-1935, VBQ p 196).

7 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Abfinest007(m): 6:51pm On Jan 15, 2020
APC are doing what PDP taught them

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by festacman(m): 6:54pm On Jan 15, 2020
Well...

1 Like

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by ikdaddy01(m): 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2020
Oh there was a country

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Haakon: 7:15pm On Jan 15, 2020
[s]
NgeneUkwenu:
Chop Your Loss.And Get Away, Idiat!
[/s]

144 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by helinues: 7:18pm On Jan 15, 2020
Shortest term governor in Nigeria

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by oz4real83(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2020
Rochas was given enough time to loot and vandalise the govt house unlike Ihedioha who was given less than 24hours to vacate the govt house. I even suspect he went home directly from the court house yesterday lipsrsealed.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by noleflendum: 7:27pm On Jan 15, 2020
IPOB support is like China phone
They don't last long

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by StarUp: 9:03pm On Jan 15, 2020
That's Imolite's headache...

In case you are not yet married, these are the revised Bachelor rankings recently released by gender ministry.

18 - 22 years - Bachelor I
23 - 26 years - Bachelor 2
27 - 29 years- Senior Bachelor
30 - 33 years- Principal Bachelor
34 - 37 years - Deputy Chief Bachelor
38 - 40 years- Chief Bachelor
41 - 48 years- Bachelor General
49 - 53 years- Supreme Bachelor
54years and above........ Field Marshall

Bachelors must know their ranks.

86 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by maestroferddi: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Those who murder sleep will not sleep again...

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by EkelediliBuhari: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
Ihedioha might claim he didn't have a chance to effect change. He had a few months, all he did was chase shadows... He didn't initiate any capital project, now his time is done and nothing to show for it.

Opportunity truly favors the prepared.

Luck is preparedness meeting opportunity...

Ps for those quoting me, there is no comparison here, just a fair judgment. He had the opportunity to serve for seven months, between you and yourself, try to reflect on one capital project he embarked on... �

50 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by adecz: 9:04pm On Jan 15, 2020
grin

Mr ex Excellency,

I think na you demolish the "Hand of God" ( Akachi )?

The hand don catch up with you. grin

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Emu4life(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
Oga go sitdon joor

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by hisexcellency34: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
Arrogant idiot. Go to World Court

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Tapout(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2020
and orlu senatorial zone wins again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by ochuski(m): 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Two seconds, Power don change hands.
Nothing ladt forever sha.

Meanwhile, learn how to make over €20 and other huge bonuses check my signature

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Wickedtruths: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Please, who has heard from Pachukwudi44 and SamanRushdie?
They must have committed suicide. That's the only logical thing for them to do.

Those 2 fools have ruined Ihedioha.
Anyone they support is bound to suffer misfortune.

10 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by hammerF: 9:06pm On Jan 15, 2020
Armaggedon:
Divine Judgement is coming.
God might be silent but doesn't take kindly to the actions of those whose abuse his name.
DELAY IS NOT DENIAL.

APC IS A PARTY DESTINED TO BE DOOMED.

IHEDIOHA, U ALREADY WON OUR HEARTS.

2023, WE ARE BEHIND U.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Wickedtruths: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
hisexcellency34:
Arrogant idiot. Go to World Court

I hope Rochas arranges people to slap Ihedioha's daughter in public for the way he sent touts to beat Rochas' daughter.

2 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by backT(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Somebody is in severe pain. grin angry grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by Wickedtruths: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
hammerF:

DELAY IS NOT DENIAL.

APC IS A PARTY DESTINED TO BE DOOMED.

IHEDIOHA, U ALREADY WON OUR HEARTS.

2023, WE ARE BEHIND U.

You are very wicked. You want to keep chopping Ihedioha's money.

Anyway, let him keep contesting.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Statement From Emeka Ihedioha On The Supreme Court Ruling On Imo Election by MNDY(m): 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2020
Abfinest007:
APC are doing what PDP taught them

Pls, let's not continue with this mentality.
PDP was bad we know.
But APC came with a promise of Change to make things better. But unfortunately, things have become worse than PDP.
APC na betrayal of trust.

17 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Bayelsa: Diri Sends Message To PDP Members Who Defected To APC / Al-Mustapha Floats Green Party Of Nigeria Ahead Of 2019 Elections / Goodluck Jonathan At Port Harcourt International Airport [photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.