Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,682 members, 7,801,965 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:07 AM

Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 (4027 Views)

Mercy Johnson's Father Is Dead! Johnson Ametuo Daniel Dies (Photo) / This Photo Of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson And His Daughter Having A Tea Party Will / Throwback Photo Of Dwayne Johnson And His Father At Tender Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by teegist: 5:40am On Jan 16, 2020
The WWE community is grieving the loss of one extraordinary wrestler.

Wayde Douglas Bowles popularly known as Rocky “Soul Man” Johnson and father of hollywood actor/wrestler Dwayne ‘The Rock” Johnson has died.

According to the WWE reports on Wednesday evening. He was aged 75.

Profoundly viewed as the primary African-American World Tag Team Champion in WWE history, The Soul Patrol part earned his spot in the cherished game.

And keeping in mind that he resigned from wrestling in 1991, he was enlisted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2008 by his sone Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

Truth be told, Dwayne regularly talked affectionately of his dad who supported his own career in the WWE.

In March 2019 when the actor took this official Instagram page and expressed how he wanted to buy his dad a new house in a video.

“I called my dad and I said, ‘Look, you’re probably happy where you’re at but I want to do something for you. I want to buy you a brand-new home, wherever you want to live, you can live,'”

“My dad’s an old-school tough guy, I said, ‘What the hell are you nervous about?’ And he said, ‘Well,’ he was searching for words. ‘No one ever called to tell me they were gonna buy me a house before and the fact that it’s you, it’s my son, I’m so proud of you and I love you so much.'”

Dwayne shared on Instagram.

Read more: https://www.teegist.com/2020/01/16/pro-wrestler-rocky-johnson-father-of-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-dies-at-74/

Via: Teegist blog
Cc: lalasticlala, seun, mynd44

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Ciaos: 5:53am On Jan 16, 2020
Good fathers are rare to find these days... Deadbeats fathers ,runaways fathers, and irresponsible fathers everywhere..Kudos to great fathers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by chiommy123(f): 5:57am On Jan 16, 2020
I didn't watch him when he was still in WWE but I did watch rock and he was a strong guy. Rip to his dad.

2 Likes

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by JeffreyD1(m): 6:18am On Jan 16, 2020
RIP
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Nicklaus619(m): 6:51am On Jan 16, 2020
Rip sir. embarassed
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Randy100: 7:19am On Jan 16, 2020
Look at what steroids has done to their bodies.

2 Likes

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 16, 2020
So the rock is black shocked shocked
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Mywd: 9:40am On Jan 16, 2020
With all the. Muscle wey the papa build, he breast still fall las las

This life eh cry
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Commentor: 9:50am On Jan 16, 2020
Notasaints:

What were you thinking?
I think he's mom is Samoan in any case.

2 Likes

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Amstupid(m): 9:50am On Jan 16, 2020
I fought wit him @ 1988 "Royal Rumble" ....... cool

Guess who Won undecided
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Amstupid(m): 9:51am On Jan 16, 2020
Notasaints:
no "Green" angry

1 Like

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by bbstarr(f): 10:20am On Jan 16, 2020
So he took after his dad... That's cool tho
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by MicroSweet(m): 10:37am On Jan 16, 2020
Rocky Johnson. I remember this dude.
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by maynation(f): 12:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
Only God knows much I detest muscular guys.
Keep fit but don't get all deshaped into what I don't know.

RIP to him tho.

1 Like

Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by javaRookie: 12:37pm On Jan 16, 2020
Rip
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by boliswitpassprik(m): 3:59pm On Jan 16, 2020
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by TissuePaper: 5:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
maynation:
Only God knows much I detest muscular guys.
Keep fit but don't get all deshaped into what I don't know.

RIP to him tho.
so you mean about f Dwayne Johnson asks you out you'll refuse him
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by Nobody: 5:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
Amstupid:
no "Green" angry
Lol.
Re: Pro Wrestler Rocky Johnson, Father Of Dwayne ‘the Rock’ Johnson Dies At 74 by tck2000(m): 7:06am On Jan 24, 2020
Ciaos:
Good fathers are rare to find these days... Deadbeats fathers ,runaways fathers, and irresponsible fathers everywhere..Kudos to great fathers.

(1) (Reply)

Hmm: Naija Babes Make Una No Kill Us Ooo / 2face Joins Son Nino Idibia In School For His 7th Birthday Party / Celebrities That Are Virgins

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.