Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,490 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:14 PM

Avoid Worldliness In Worship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Avoid Worldliness In Worship (326 Views)

That Ain’t God, That’s Worldliness’ – US Pastor Condemns Men With Long Hair / If You Refuse To Pay The Ultimate Sacrifice By Avoiding Worldliness / Worldliness And Worldly Amusements: The Silhouette Challenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Avoid Worldliness In Worship by PrincewithGod(m): 10:50am On Jan 16, 2020
"But the hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in Spirit and in Truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship Him. God is a Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in Truth" John 4:23-24.

The carnal nature of man is the seat of pride and pleasure. It cannot be subjected to the principles of righteousness and holiness. In the world men worship their belly and money. Worldliness has now taken a seat in the church. Those who come to the church do not have God in focus.
Many worldly activities have been incorporated into worship to satisfy the passion of the worshippers. The songs sang carry worldly styles and inspiration. the music played ministers to the flesh and fills the worship service with the wildest form of ungodly dance in demonstration of the pleasure of the flesh. The musicians are unconverted and dress like the worldly musicians. Their worship is not to God.

"For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit. For to be carnally minded [is] death; but to be spiritually minded [is] life and peace. Because the carnal mind [is] enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be. So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God" Romans 8:5-8.

The sermons preached cannot convert anyone. they promote laughter and stir fleshly emotions. Souls cannot be converted under such atmosphere.
True believers must repent from worldliness in worship and steer clear from it. Holiness in worship is required to receive the life and blessing of God.

"Give unto the Lord, O ye mighty, give unto the LORD glory and strength. Give unto the LORD the glory due unto His name; worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness" Psalms 29:1-2.

Various activities and styles are adopted by ministers in the church which are brought in from the sinful world. Besides, being corrupt they produce corrupt fruit of Christian ministry. They promote respect of persons in ministry. They go into worldly dressing, demonstrations, slangs etc. They forge lies and give false testimonies for self-promotion. They bring big men of the world into the church for honour and praise. They extract money from members through ungodly ways. They preach the gospel of peace and prosperity without repentance, righteousness and holiness. They take delight in the unclothedness of women in the church and justify them using the scriptures. They commit immorality with the women in the church; they seek great tithes for their belly.

"For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. this is a deceiver and an antichrist. Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine, he hath both the Father and the Son. If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds" 2 John 1:7-11.

This kind of ministry is everywhere today. They are not called by God and cannot produce fruitsfor eternal life. You must not listen to them, neither go to them for healing and miracles. True ministers of the gospel are those who are faithful to the word of God and manifest exemplary lives. These are the ones that have have the message of eternal life for the world and the church. Seek them and their ministry. Listen to them and submit yourself to their shepharding for your well-being on earth and eternal life at last.

"If a man therefore purge himself from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work. Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart" 2 Timothy 2:21,22.

Where you fellowship today may determine where you will end up tomorrow.

Say this prayer if you need a new life in Christ:
'My God, I come to you with all my sins, I request that you forgive me all my sins. I give my life to Jesus. Be my Lord and saviour. I will serve you now and forever. Thank you. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

Contact us through the address below to direct you th the chapter nearest to you:

HOLINESS REVIVAL MOVEMENT WORLDWIDE (NON-DENOMINATIONAL)
Behind FGC, Kwali. FCT, Abuja Nigeria.
08169023948, 08056834323.
Email:
holinessrevivalmovement@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Avoid Worldliness In Worship by ochibuogwu5: 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2020
Great Grace!!!
Re: Avoid Worldliness In Worship by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 16, 2020
No be today

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Lockdown: FG Okays Opening Of Churches ONLY For Funeral Services / The Importance Of Horse Poo / This Is Why There's A God, See Story Of Bible That Leaked 2-6 Gallon Of Oil Per

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.