Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,628 members, 7,801,816 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? - Business (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? (24940 Views)

If You Earn 2.5m Everymonth How Do You Invest? / Nigeria Will Soon Create Digital Currency — CBN / #2.5 Million: Will You Invest Here Or Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by greenalwaz: 9:36am On Jan 30, 2020
SehgateTeam:
Well. The question is who will give out 10m.?

Back to the question on how to invest the unseen 10m.

Generally, Business atmosphere in Nigeria right now is not favourable and I must be sincere with everyone. Those doing it might just be trying to meet sales not like before.

My opinion;

I will love to go into agro commodity trading with it but recently our experience on it seems bad. Because the farmer now have a way of linking the factory directly with the aid of educated farmers among them which now block the chances of traders.

If I should go into stocking. There is tendency the maize or Soyabeans or any other grow mould and spoil on waiting for prices to rise. And as a matter of fact, one of the factory we supply already have up to 180,000mt of stock already so when do we think the price we move up? Even right now the price is going down on daily basis so if you had bought maize when the price was 95,000per ton last November will you be happy to sell now at 85,000 per ton.

If I should consider farming, the fear of fulani herdsmen will not allow me to sleep.

As a risk taking business man, I will think outside the box in investing my fund. I.e, I will deposit 5m into my account and use it to trade off Nigeria boundary. (Initiating colanut export from Nigeria and send to the Sahara/Sudan via air cargo where the demand is high) then with the remaining 5m. I will move quietly to Mali/Niger republic and settle down for 3months to buy cow gallstones .

I will buy 1 gram 600-1000cfa guaranty. And I will spend most of my time like a poor business man through out because 1. Hide my identity 2. To have some good bargaining power. 3. To avoid the Arab wahala.

If I should get 2kg within 3months I will be happy though its possible because almost all their cows in this region have it.

Next is to book my flight to HK.

2kg

1gram in Hong Kong is 47USD
47USD x 2000grams 94,000USD. So let's me calculate some other factors

1. Other Chinese buying
2. other Nigerian Hausa trader buying
3. Inability to speak good Arab. Might not be able to convince them and having an interpreter Also exposes me to danger of arab spy*

So 1kg is guaranty in 3months

1000grams x 47USD.
47,000dolls.

Note* 1000grams of cow gallstones will hardly filled up 3-4 boxes of st.Luis cube sugar. So having it I will not pay any duties.....smile.
sound interesting
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by imbless: 10:41am On Jan 30, 2020
music production and go into latex production as a side hustle
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by clems88(m): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2020
Klington:
Nylon production.

It has a very huge market potential.
been thinking about this lately. What are the requirement and amount required I'm running it
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by AgrawalCorporat: 11:32am On Jan 30, 2020
Great Post Thanks for sharing
https://www.agrawalcorporate.com

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by poseidonsaiz(m): 12:47pm On Jan 30, 2020
Fabrication of household machinery for mass production e.g peanut rolling machine.

3d wall paint and interior decor..

Now imagine combining both with 10mil.

1 Like

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by poseidonsaiz(m): 12:52pm On Jan 30, 2020
If you know, you know.

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Greystone: 3:03pm On Jan 30, 2020
skedman:

I will spend 5million on real estate
Simawa land -1,800,000
Ibeju lekki----. 3,500,000
Total. 5,300,000
Then go for three different business
2,000,000 for bread business
2,000,000 for water business
700,000 will be fixed for 2years.

My reasons
Nigeria is not a business friendly country.some of the big challenges are
Power
Security
Manpower
Competitors
Government officials

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by songus: 4:36pm On Jan 30, 2020
Gazzy88:
Expantiate...
I would also like to Understand this.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Sabby1(m): 5:30pm On Jan 30, 2020
Sampunk:

I am interested in that business too.. Are you into the business now?
Not yet, currently working on it

1 Like

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Greekgod1: 6:10pm On Jan 30, 2020
Omawumi17:

I stay here in ibadan and the demand and cost of food stuffs is incredibly here... I buy foodstuff from my hometown in osun state and sell at 100% profit. I also have a cousin that travel to the north to buy grains, groundnt, kuli kuli etc that i can partner with.

Can we chat somewhere else?
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by rkayg(m): 9:02pm On Jan 30, 2020
Omawumi17:
I ll set up a print press in a school environment like UI.... We print and souvenir branding jobs, customize, typing and internet services.. Ideas dey but na money ooo
I can also go into sales and supply of food items. We travel to Niger state to get food stuffs like grains, groundnut, etc... The profit is huge... My mum younger sister is into the business. One million is OK

Good evening. Please i would like to know more commodity supply like you mentioned. Can we chat on WhatsApp?
08081517362 Thanks
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by drmikeadams(m): 10:07pm On Jan 30, 2020
Bring in new tech wheel chairs and clutches
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Omawumi17(f): 6:36am On Jan 31, 2020
Greekgod1:

Can we chat som8ewhere else?
Check my signature
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Sampunk(m): 2:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
WisemasterBizWd:
Storage business
I will purchase soybean @ 130per modu (
100modus is equal 1bag that 13000

100bags @ 13000 equals 1.3m

In four months(Feb-may) I will sale @ 200 per modu by May.

100bags will be sold @ N20000 per bag that 2m
That roughly 50% In four months.

Note: the price may rise as high as 300 to 350

Compounding: I can reinvest the whole 2m in another storage biz

Palm oil for four months again

May/June to Sept .

What about the storage facility rent, the transportation cost.. All this are still expenses to be calculated
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Sampunk(m): 2:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
angry grin angry grin
mrjojo:
why not learn the courses yourself , you can obviously make more than 1500 after, abi you are lazy.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by zyman: 3:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
cleish:
I will invest in crop production, with a return on investment of 130% in 8 months, especially in crops that already has a large market potential in my State.

Which crops can deliver this kind of investment? And which state has this level of viability?
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Googleus(m): 8:21pm On Feb 01, 2020
my business plan is ready for a animal feed production..

1. feeds for aquatic animals i.e tilapia, cat fish etc ( mesh, pellets etc)

2. feeds for livestock's (pellets)

3. feeds for pets (quite expensive in the market): dogs, cats etc (pellets)

4. feeds for poultry: chicks, growers, layers, broilers etc (mesh, pellets etc)

this will be purely organic but affordable feeds and pellet using pelletizing machinery to make the unique..

raw materials are the common maize, millets, meals, crude proteins etc

all animal has its own feed formula based on nutritional requuments..

all I need is money for equipment, power source, piece of land, accreditation etc

business plan is ready, nutrition chat is ready, workbforce: 4

raw materials market source is ready (central / western Nigeria farms/settlements/villages)

machineries selected anf waiting for procurement

packaging format ready..

all others also

DM me : kjyomme@yahoo.com

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Simplecity(m): 8:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Sabby1:
I will venture into reuse, recycling and recovery of waste. There are lots of waste in this part of the world that if properly harnessed will be financially beneficial to myself and the nation's economy
damn....Humans like you embarassed are fxcking rare

1 Like

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by zyman: 9:38am On Feb 02, 2020
Omawumi17:

I stay here in ibadan and the demand and cost of food stuffs is incredibly here... I buy foodstuff from my hometown in osun state and sell at 100% profit. I also have a cousin that travel to the north to buy grains, groundnt, kuli kuli etc that i can partner with.

What part of osun state is your home town?

What kind of food stuff from your home town has 100% margin?

I'm interested in this kind of business but I will be shipping to Lagos.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Sampunk(m): 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sabby1:
Not yet, currently working on it
Please can I have your contact to talk with you Sazubuine@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Selfkontrol: 8:59am On Feb 03, 2020
suco01:

You have problem of comprehension. Senseless point as usual. Because this is a faceless forum where you hide behind the keyboard doesn't mean you should sound stupiiid, people call me chat me on how to setup a salon which I always give them advice free to setup the salon wayback 2016. This is recent chat someone chat me. If u need to visit keep asking on nairaland till you are answered oo. You can't just make sense cos you're not clever in any way.
hello bro please I need advice on setting up a standard barbing saloon in port harcourt. Budget is around 1.2m
I want to know if it’s a good idea or my money would be better with a different business since you have a better experience and I saw where you said alcohol business is far better. Thank you
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by suco01(m): 10:57am On Feb 03, 2020
Selfkontrol:
hello bro please I need advice on setting up a standard barbing saloon in port harcourt. Budget is around 1.2m
I want to know if it’s a good idea or my money would be better with a different business since you have a better experience and I saw where you said alcohol business is far better. Thank you

1.2m is good to setup a salon pending how you want it to be like, a big one in size of (like 2/3shops size) or like 2 shops at different strategic place. You have to study and know how the market/business work in your area. If you can answer these questions.

The location where you intend to do the salon, how is the population like (upper, middle and lower class) as for me I advice you target where there are more of middle class and lower class. how saturated Is the business around the area, how much do they barb around there (upper, middle and lower class).

For Alchol business, I don't know much about it but I have people who start with a shop and now they have like 2/3 or more shops, selling in wholesales prices. Alcohol business is lucrative here in Lagos because people dey drink all sort of things here from different types of bitters,vodka, wines including yogurt etc, but I don't know of port Harcourt. if you can take a survey to see how demanding and how people drinks you can give it shot but before that pls take months to learn the trade to know how it works

1 Like

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Kendroid: 12:46pm On Feb 03, 2020
todaynewsreview:
I will expand my prepaid and postpaid utility bills payment, tv subscription payment Nationwide to provide 24/7 services.
Pls can you enlighten me more on this?
Thanks!
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by todaynewsreview: 1:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
Kendroid:

Pls can you enlighten me more on this?
Thanks!

You only need to get POS of all the Disco's to get this done.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Kendroid: 1:22pm On Feb 03, 2020
todaynewsreview:

You only need to get POS of all the Disco's to get this done.
Pls can I have your WhatsApp number?
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Omawumi17(f): 3:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
zyman:

What part of osun state is your home town?

What kind of food stuff from your home town has 100% margin?

I'm interested in this kind of business but I will be shipping to Lagos.
Iwo LGA
Amala flour straight from the processing factory, same with Garri and red oil, farm produce generally... U ll make 100% profit. plantain for as low as 400 per bunch, now that Agbalumo is in season people from Ibadan are coming to charter them and lots more...
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by BigSarah(f): 11:47pm On Feb 04, 2020
Should have have replied earlier, but got banned because I dropped my phone number, I've been here 3yrs had no idea that had implications.
ProtectMyMoney:

This sounds flowery and unrealistic.

1. Are you sewing the tshirts yourself or machine sewed?
Machine sewed
2. What type of Tshirt are you talking about?
Roundnecks, sleeveless
3. Is it sewn from scratch or just printing on the shirts?
Sewn from scratch
4. What is the labour cost involved in producing 2000pcs?
The amount I stated earlier bears all production cost, material and labor included. It only excludes shipping and clearance .
5. How much is the cost of producing 1 piece for you to set a price for 1k for 1?
Production cost is influenced by, material type and the garment type being sown...the price stated is a wholesale price the clothes a package a bundles of ten pieces.

Thank you
If you have any questions I'd be willing to provide answers.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Sowl(m): 10:18pm On Feb 08, 2020
With the advent of the recent Okada and kèké napep ban in the metropolitan parts of Lagos, the best type of business to invest in with ₦10m now is the mini buses also popularly known as the "korope". From my research I heard it used to sell for about ₦850,000 to ₦900k but now that the ban as taken effect and most likely would be in hi demand it can go for as much as a million naira per unit.
The state government have said they are looking at bringing in those mini buses as palliative measures to ameliorate the transport deficits in the inner street of Lagos but we all know as Nigerians that government can be slow and complacent in providing such alternatives. If one gets to buy between 8-10 units of the mini busses for routes such as lasuth underbridge to PWD, GRA Ikeja, ladipo and Shogunle axis the investor is guaranteed to recoup his or her Investments in less than a year... Best case scenario in 6months and worse case scenario a year of recouping investments and profits on such a bus.
A korope mini bus as about the same fuel Consumption rate as that of the kèké napep but as more capacity to take more passengers. With a max of 4 passengers a Keke napep rider delivers about ₦20k to ₦25k weekly to the owner, imagine a scenario where the mini bus seats 7 passengers per trip collecting the same amount and with very few of such buses plying the route at the time, there is a potential of getting ₦30k to ₦40k on a weekly basis worst case scenario.
The little problem one might encounter is the union dues one needs to pay before starting the business and while running the business, as we all know in Lagos all this touts and union associations see this as an avenue for free meals. Aside from that this is gonna be a really good business for anyone who has idle funds to put in this business.
The upside now is there are willing drivers that would take up driving this mini busses in a geefee as they have been left unemployed coz of the kèké ban and most likely would appreciate another chance at making honest money without having to go the illegal route plus I have a car dealer who has good connects for getting the best tokunbo mini buses at quite an affordable price if anyone ever needs this connect.

3 Likes

Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Chetanet: 5:13pm On Feb 18, 2020
Pls where can I get poultry farmers to supply me egg in big quantity? Am resident of Lagos.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by somessi: 11:52pm On Feb 18, 2020
* I will invest some of the money in our small-scale oil palm supply chain business. The business is very lucrative. With the money, we'll expand it, increase the number of tonnes we supply, and take it to greater heights for more profit-making. We already have a readily available market every week and also have a contract with some company.

* And with some of the other money too, we'll invest it in the recycling and waste management initiative/plan I set up. Reducing, reusing and recycling of trash. Turning waste into wealth, contributing to keeping the environment clean, creating job opportunities, empowering women, and contributing our own quota to the society and the nation's economy at large.
Re: If You Are Given N10million Today, What Business In Nigeria Will You Invest In? by Nitah1: 8:51pm On Feb 19, 2020
EntrepreneursNG:
Yes, you!

What business will you start with N10million in Nigeria? Leave a reply, you never know if your next investor is reading.

Let's go.

https://www.entrepreneurs.ng/
As an experienced person in pharmaceutical industry,with 10m,i will open very big pharmacy in three state of Nigeria......with wholesale and retail sales,i will double that money within two years.
Now imagine how many people i will employ.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Japanese Company Miniso Begins Operations In Nigeria / Bet9ja Agents Lament ‘unprofitable’ New Target Policy / Importing European Wine Into Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.