Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:07 AM

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets (5780 Views)

I Sold Pure Water On Lagos Streets, Life Was Tough - Victor Osimhen / Nigeria Vs Guinea: Africa U-17 Cup Of Nations, Semifinals. 9 - 10 (Full Time) / Super Eagles Goalkeeper Becomes 'clubless' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by TheOutlaw: 3:25pm On Jan 16, 2020
Once called Little Messi, Now Club less, Last seen on the streets of Lagos! Where is Stanley Okoro?

Jan 15, 2020

When it comes to FIFA age-grade competitions, a lot of youngsters have taken advantage of it by becoming the stars they have always dreamed of while some will never go past that stage.

It will be unfair to blame all the Players who had Potentials and never made it past the competitions. Some might be due to injuries, some might be due to bad football agent while some are not just good enough.

Stanley Okoro showed himself to the world during the 2009 Fifa U-17 World Cup in Nigeria. He was nicknamed little Messi due to the very similar characteristics he had with Lionel Messi.

Okoro became a shadow of his former self after the competition. Many believed it was due to his falsified age while many believed he was never really good.

Immediately after the tournament, he got a deal with Spanish Club, Almeria, where he had to play with the Juvenile team due to his young age before being allowed to play with the reserve team.

He never had a chance to prove himself in Spain and that was how the retrogression started for Okoro. He was then loaned Cherno More, where he made 19 appearances and scored 2 goals.

His time in Europe came to an end after series of failed trials which made him settle for the Nigerian Professional Football League.

In 2016, Stanley Okoro signed for Abia Wariors, he also didn't convince the club and was shown the exit door. Another opportunity came for him at Plateau United in Nigeria where he was eventually released too.

Stanley Okoro's whereabouts are currently don't unknown since he was last spotted roaming the streets of Lagosthe where he has become a shadow of his former self. I hope to meet him soon and hear from him personally.

18 year old Stanley Okoro as an Almeria player in 2010

[img]https://images./1jMHaoftGqqlrAq7hAYObN.jpg[/img]

Twitter: @ibksports

https://news.phxfeeds.com/share?docId=3312718486078385959

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jan 16, 2020
VANITY

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Commentor: 3:31pm On Jan 16, 2020
In 2016, Stanley Okoro signed for Abia Wariors, he also didn't convince the club and was shown the exit door.

He wasn't good enough.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jan 16, 2020
LMFAO!!! grin grin

These are some of the consequences of age cheating..... Stanley Okoro who hawked some bail of clothes at Ngwa road, Aba at the ripe age of 24 before cheating his way to to the Eaglets camp a year after.....

The same retrogression happened to Macauley Chrisantus and Ambrose Vazenkin....

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by ContractKiller: 3:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
If this face I'm seeing is that of an 18 year old boy, then no be only glasses I need. I need a new set of eyes.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Oche211(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
You can't cheat nature.
Stanley okoro has learnt that

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Oche211(m): 3:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
ContractKiller:
If this face I'm seeing is that of an 18 year old boy, then no be only glasses I need. I need a new set of eyes.
Your eyes are perfect.
His 18 years age is the fraud.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 3:46pm On Jan 16, 2020
ContractKiller:

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by christejames(m): 3:58pm On Jan 16, 2020
What should we attribute this hapless situation to?

Hmmmm... my mind is telling me to join the bandwagon nairalanders and say it's the Vil...

my throat is in hoarse, I can make a complete statement now.

#followNPFL

2 Likes

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Omihanifa: 4:05pm On Jan 16, 2020
A house built with lies cannot stand unless truth becomes its foundation. grin

How can dey say the man in that jersey was 18years when he snapped that picture undecided

** Another food for Ifeanyi udeze's diary tomorrow cheesy grin on brilla fm grin

5 Likes

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by agadam(m): 4:12pm On Jan 16, 2020
abluck:
VANITY
Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by ATTemi: 6:19pm On Jan 16, 2020
Black lips.....member!

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by sotall(m): 6:28pm On Jan 16, 2020
grin grin

18 years old indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by martolux(m): 7:20pm On Jan 16, 2020
Nigerians and their bad belle kind of atitude. This guy once sacrifice himself for the country and he made impact when it matters most....before you shout he cheated, please tell us your impacts in your community.

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jan 16, 2020
martolux:
Nigerians and their bad belle kind of atitude. This guy once sacrifice himself for the country and he made impact when it matters most....before you shout he cheated, please tell us your impacts in your community.
Mr man,was he playing for free?

3 Likes

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Eizzy003(m): 9:45pm On Jan 16, 2020
TheOutlaw:
Once called Little Messi, Now Club less, Last seen on the streets of Lagos! Where is Stanley Okoro?

Jan 15, 2020

When it comes to FIFA age-grade competitions, a lot of youngsters have taken advantage of it by becoming the stars they have always dreamed of while some will never go past that stage.

It will be unfair to blame all the Players who had Potentials and never made it past the competitions. Some might be due to injuries, some might be due to bad football agent while some are not just good enough.

Stanley Okoro showed himself to the world during the 2009 Fifa U-17 World Cup in Nigeria. He was nicknamed little Messi due to the very similar characteristics he had with Lionel Messi.

Okoro became a shadow of his former self after the competition. Many believed it was due to his falsified age while many believed he was never really good.

Immediately after the tournament, he got a deal with Spanish Club, Almeria, where he had to play with the Juvenile team due to his young age before being allowed to play with the reserve team.

He never had a chance to prove himself in Spain and that was how the retrogression started for Okoro. He was then loaned Cherno More, where he made 19 appearances and scored 2 goals.

His time in Europe came to an end after series of failed trials which made him settle for the Nigerian Professional Football League.

In 2016, Stanley Okoro signed for Abia Wariors, he also didn't convince the club and was shown the exit door. Another opportunity came for him at Plateau United in Nigeria where he was eventually released too.

Stanley Okoro's whereabouts are currently don't unknown since he was last spotted roaming the streets of Lagosthe where he has become a shadow of his former self. I hope to meet him soon and hear from him personally.

18 year old Stanley Okoro as an Almeria player in 2010

[img]https://images./1jMHaoftGqqlrAq7hAYObN.jpg[/img]

Twitter: @ibksports

https://news.phxfeeds.com/share?docId=3312718486078385959
18 ke

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by IamCeazer(m): 10:18pm On Jan 16, 2020
D man i see in dat Almeria Jersey is in his late 20's

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 16, 2020
Omihanifa:

How can dey say the man in that jersey was 18years when he snapped that picture undecided

** Another food for Ifeanyi udeze's diary tomorrow cheesy grin on brilla fm grin
He looks 37!!
Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 6:39am On Jan 17, 2020
Whoever called him "Little Messi"... sad

Now, asides the "age factor", let's look at it this way:

Dude just wasn't good enough for the big stage.

Football is a huge beast. If you don't make the grade or even cut it, you'll simply end up in its belly- obscurity.

After all, there are several @ssholes out there playing on "football age" who are doing just OK on the pitch. If you doubt me, then do a quick survey of your own and see what I mean.

I ain't mentioning any names here.

Meanwhile, his former U-17 teammate, Terry Envoh still plays in the NPFL for Rangers. Same goes for his brother Osas Okoro, who also plays for Rangers. Yet he couldn't make the grade at Warriors. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by ContractKiller: 10:30am On Jan 17, 2020
Do you mean Diego Costa? That one has been playing top flight football for the past 10 years.

mansakhalifa:
Whoever called him "Little Messi"... sad

Now, asides the "age factor", let's look at it this way:

Dude just wasn't good enough for the big stage.

Football is a huge beast. If you don't make the grade or even cut it, you'll simply end up in its belly- obscurity.

After all, there are several @ssholes out there playing on "football age" who are doing just OK on the pitch. If you doubt me, then do a quick survey of your own and see what I mean.

I ain't mentioning any names here.

Meanwhile, his former U-17 teammate, Terry Envoh still plays in the NPFL for Rangers. Same goes for his brother Osas Okoro, who also plays for Rangers. Yet he couldn't make the grade at Warriors. SMH.

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by Nobody: 2:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
I remember watching this guy play alongside terry envoy, Solomon abwo and co. He was a good player, playstyle similar to Samuel chukwueze. He failed to live up to the hype.
Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by RexTramadol1: 3:27pm On Jan 17, 2020
Failure is indeed an orphan

1 Like

Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by michealoluwaseyi(m): 9:44am On Jan 18, 2020
Omihanifa:

even udeze sef,u sure say him no cheat him own age
Re: Ex U-17 Little "Messi" Now Clubless And Roaming Lagos Streets by babington91(m): 7:26pm On Jan 18, 2020
Erediauwa:
LMFAO!!! grin grin

These are some of the consequences of age cheating..... Stanley Okoro who hawked some bail of clothes at Ngwa road, Aba at the ripe age of 24 before cheating his way to to the Eaglets camp a year after.....

The same retrogression happened to Macauley Chrisantus and Ambrose Vazenkin....

even the likes of Yakubu Alfa, Ganiyu Oseni, Akinsola, Eneramo, Ehiosun etc

(1) (Reply)

SURE DAILY WINNING GAMES Of 5 To 10 Odd EVERYDAY / Man United Players Salaries 2017-2018 (Player Contracts Revealed) / Mikel Obi Rejects Anzhi Rumours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.