Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,439 members, 7,801,049 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:18 AM

TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid (48920 Views)

National Grid Collapses, Plunges Lagos, Others Into Darkness / Darkness pervades the country as national grid collapses again / 9 Hours Of Darkness As National Grid Collapses For The 10th Time In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by rOsy247(f): 5:45am On Jan 17, 2020
No wonder no light all night.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lonelydora: 5:56am On Jan 17, 2020
Wow! Thank God ooo. Light just came.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lonelydora: 5:57am On Jan 17, 2020
rOsy247:
No wonder no light all night.

They just brought it
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Amudeneogu: 6:01am On Jan 17, 2020
Upon all the money that was injected into the power sector still electricity s noting in Nigeria, I think all the DSCOs should be scrap because they not performing
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by lexy2014: 6:07am On Jan 17, 2020
omobacyprus:
He's not lying is for the most area remark. You sounded in doubt. You can't know Lagos than me

That's very good. Since u no more than I do, kindly give me d percentage that makes up "most parts of Lagos" and give me list.

Meanwhile, I didn't tell u I no Lagos more than u. D question I asked u is this: "is your house equivalent to "most areas in Lagos"? Unfortunately, u are unable to answer d question

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Softenergy(m): 6:10am On Jan 17, 2020
Electricity power grid collapse has also been experienced in other countries other than Nigeria.
But 24/7/365 days uninterrupted electricity is NOT a part of human right. You can right your rights yourself. We at greenify solar power has enjoyed three(3) years non stop electricity, so can you.
Email us at greenifysolarpower@gmail.com.
We can achieve your power needs from 0.5-1.8mw of solar hybrid power
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by iguita: 6:13am On Jan 17, 2020
Which area you dey live? Make we compete for area without light.
luluosas:
3 months running, and no light here. Why should I celebrate the yeye electricity people in Nigeria?
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by kaziblake(f): 6:33am On Jan 17, 2020
luluosas:
3 months running, and no light here. Why should I celebrate the yeye electricity people in Nigeria?
Where do you reside? Because over here in Lagos Nigeria we enjoy steady power supply.

2 Likes

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Unrated900(m): 6:41am On Jan 17, 2020
Debroslink:
Does a zoo have light? A zoo country is in national blackout in the 1st month of 2020.

Normal level things undecided

Only an IPOB man will call Nigeria a Zoo
Continue God is watching
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Goalnaldo(m): 6:50am On Jan 17, 2020
divinehand2003:

It's the first system collapse of the national grid in 2020. It is breaking news to me because we have managed to go 15 days unbeaten by the forces of darkness before the unfortunate incident that happened this afternoon. It is worth celebrating.
werey grin
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Passionate1(m): 7:14am On Jan 17, 2020
Dat country !

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by bigiyaro(m): 7:29am On Jan 17, 2020
Witchersunited:
Our grid is outdated, redundancies aren't put in place, una dey laugh, grid collapse doesn't mean that there is no generation of electricity, it means that the load is more than power available

Government can allow states generate power for their own use but cost will be too much, power plants to serve just enugu for instance will cost billions of naira, so our government prefers to build it small by small but population dey grow, building isn't meeting up, hopefully as more people go to school, less children will be born and generation will eventually catch up with consumption, to fix Nigeria power problem permanently will require our complete budget for 10 years straight
we get money! just that the national house of thugs will prefer to use 37 billion for renovations than build a lasting power system.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Alashoalash10: 7:58am On Jan 17, 2020
divinehand2003:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/tcn-confirms-collapse-of-national-grid/amp/
Even before the collapse no light in my area so this is no more news
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by FA13(m): 8:03am On Jan 17, 2020
post=85856848:
If Only PDP concentrated on JUST Power for the 16 years of locust,
16 years of WASTE,
16 years of STEALING,
16 Years of LOOTING,
16 Years of STEALING IS NOT CORRUPTION.

If only they gave our nation steady power supply in 16 years.
Our country will be moving at a very great speed of light by now (no pun intended)
If and only if.

But slow and steady we are moving forward
gradually as a nation.
Slow and steady we will get to a New and better Nigeria.

If only democracy started with a man of integrity like President Muhammadu Buhari.....but unfortunately, it started with criminals, lootere and thieves burying money underground, inside latrines, on farms, using our money to buy jewelries worth BILLIONS.
While the nation is in darkness!
A nation that a sitting Vice President has the company that import the largest numbers of generators in different shapes and sizes,
how will they ever want us to have electricity?
Why won't they want us to remain in perpetual darkness!

A nation that the same Vice President and the sitting President both floated 2 private universities for themselves while the Federal and State Universities were on endless strikes!
Universities that they are still operating up till this present day!
There was a nation!

Deeeep!!
Sad but true.
But we can't remain like this forever.
We have to work and move forward as a nation.

There we go again.

Yoruba people say... Makan makan loye kan...
16yrs, 16yrs. This government will soon finish it's own 8yrs and possibly finish 16yrs too.

We will see what is achieved.

I hope you know that real power generated has dropped to what it was before 2015 if you are sincere with yourself and ask friends in power sector as I do and not political MW and some blind psychopath.

You need to start thinking. We all deserve more than this!
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by foreshore(m): 8:05am On Jan 17, 2020
divinehand2003:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/tcn-confirms-collapse-of-national-grid/amp/

System always collapsing when we have people that has collapsed in authority!!!
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Bimpe29: 10:07am On Jan 17, 2020
When will the day break in this part of the world?
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by themanderon: 10:23am On Jan 17, 2020
The system has been in a perpetual state of collapse for ages. They are just patching things up.
Why must Nigeria as large as it is still maintain one centralized system? why not decentralize it into regions and allow states that can generate power to do so and supply their States? who's interest is this centralized grid that is always prone to failure serving?
The system will always collapse cos the government does not want to do the right thing for whatever reason known to them.
Do they not know that decentralization of this epileptic grid will free up the grid and allow for more power to be available to those who need it? Some western countries even have private companies generating and supplying power.
We just have analog brains running this country aground in all sectors.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by Nobody: 10:32am On Jan 17, 2020
I suspect The thing don collapse again this morning. Around 7:30 am.

I may be wrong
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by drololaaof: 10:35am On Jan 17, 2020
Without grid collapse we did not enjoy power supply, it make no difference that the grid collapsed
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
Okabere in Benin City
iguita:
Which area you dey live? Make we compete for area without light.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 1:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Okabere in Benin City
kaziblake:
Where do you reside? Because over here in Lagos Nigeria we enjoy steady power supply.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by mechanics(m): 1:15pm On Jan 17, 2020
daddytime:

10-12k monthly.
wow, that's much o, you get industrial machines for your house?
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by vik110(m): 2:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
Stupid country nothing ever stable
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by 12inchDickson: 3:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
GamalNasser:

The same Nigeria where DISCOs are rejecting 70 percent of power generated ? Oh boy you clearly don know what's happening
explain better
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by iguita: 1:04am On Jan 18, 2020
Lol. Me na Igando for Alimosho, Lagos. We get about 5 hours of power per week. But it has improved. Before, it used to be about 10 minutes per quarter
luluosas:
Okabere in Benin City
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 7:52am On Jan 18, 2020
Hmm. Still without light here since November.
iguita:
Lol. Me na Igando for Alimosho, Lagos. We get about 5 hours of power per week. But it has improved. Before, it used to be about 10 minutes per quarter
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by iguita: 9:25am On Jan 20, 2020
Ok. Your case is critical. We had light around 2am, woke up around 4am and light is gone. I don't remember when I last saw light but we have had light this January. So sorry ehn, we are enjoying the dividends of democracy. smiley smiley wink wink wink
luluosas:
Hmm. Still without light here since November.
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
They finally restored it on Saturday around my store area. But at home? Still waiting since November
iguita:
Ok. Your case is critical. We had light around 2am, woke up around 4am and light is gone. I don't remember when I last saw light but we have had light this January. So sorry ehn, we are enjoying the dividends of democracy. smiley smiley wink wink wink

1 Like

Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by luluosas(m): 8:47am On Jan 22, 2020
Finally, they restored power yesterday
iguita:
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by iguita: 6:04pm On Jan 22, 2020
Congratulations. I just got notification for Prepaid Meter. Now I am sure of paying for only what I have used.
luluosas:
Finally, they restored power yesterday
Re: TCN Confirms Collapse Of National Grid by LAguy(m): 6:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
Regular news...

what I'm expecting now is national grid is confirmed dead and buried. cause d man too de sick and collapse.. make e kuku die and go rest in peace.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigeria At 60 Logo Was Not Plagiarised - Designers / PDP Releases List Of Key Members Allegedly Marked For Death By APC / The Moment Tinubu Arrived Teslim Balogun Stadium For Lagos Rally (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.