Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,979 members, 7,806,857 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

#JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers (58868 Views)

2 Widows Accused Of Being Witches Tortured To Death In Cross River (Graphic Pics / Nene Steve & Joy Aboel: Housemaid Tortured To Death, Hanged To Fake Suicide / Man Who Rapes People's Wives In Delta, Caught, Tied & Almost Tortured To Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by ediko5(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
The first time i went to a police station where i reported a case of assault on me was the day i hated the Nigerian police force.

Though the Oga then "OC Legal" Cross RIver State was a good man. But the Sargent who was the IPO turned the case against me and almost framed me up if not that my father knew the OC legal. His annoyance was that we reported him to the OC legal that he didn't come for the arrest of the accused after one week of the petition being approved.

I pray i don't come across that idiot Sargent when i finally become i Billionaire cos i'll make sure i invest some money to make life miserable for him.

4 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by samuelshosanya(m): 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Felixamos:

Guy so because a set of fools in police uniform killed a man, the whole black race is cursed? The way some of you use words ehn!

You are correct,
Some people don't just know how to talk. using few to Judge the majority

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by ifud(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
I fear police more than robbers...
payperpost:
there was a traffic light along that mile one Ikwere road before now, the police will jump in your front while the light is on yellow knowing it will soon change to red, then charge your for disobeying traffic light, you will pay 10k , they have their vulganizer within that premises , that charges 500 to pump tyre , no matter your offence . the first thing they do is to deflate your tyres and you will pay 500 to pump it back, the DPO own the business .

the day they stopped me, hijacked and deflated our car, I called my uncle who was a CP at the ForceHQ in Abuja who requested to speak with the Bakare a very top police official in Rivers state at that time, I said he was to speak with Bakare , and all the police men ran away saying no be me go answer this call, they all ran away. they quickly pumped my tyres free and let me go.

he has warned us to be very careful on the road and never to identify in a isolated place, he says , just tell them to take you to the station first, and then text me the details of their patrol van and name of the police station, just dont argue with them.

hmmm.. police are more dangerous than armed robbers nowadays. just imagine how they killed the mechanic because of 150k!!
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by blueAgent(m): 12:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
Na only God go punish those useless officers.
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by awoo47: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
Xisnin:
This isn't enough, he should also petition the IG of police, human write commission and various human rights group.
baba dey re d same
If u wan be legal thief
NPF is d best place to be
is it dat IG doesn't knw police extort ppl?
Y aren't dey stopping if?
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Qadaffi2idiamin: 12:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
I will push this to HR commission immediately..

Police is killing innocent young men for the armed robbers and kidnappers they work with.

That's why the call for restructuring will never end.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Emmerlee(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
Oh my God! How long will these things continue while those in power do nothing? Who have we offended to keep on living like this and pretend like all is well? Why can't we reform the police or restructure completely? Why can't we try something new if what we have currently is not working?

This is VERY sad cry ..and guess what? More of these things happen unreported and there's no justice.. But why are people so wicked in this country? This is not just the police, it is a reflection of what we have become as a people.. Mini devils!

By the way if you defend useless government you are worse than those police officers, if you are a tribalist you are worse than those police officers.. Check yourselves before you start trading blames sad
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Wisefellow(m): 12:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
It is sad and disheartening to know some police officers are not fit to be called human in police uniforms. This matter must be investigated!

JUSTICE...

JUSTICE...

JUSTICE...
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by akpunda86: 12:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
POLICE IS YOUR FRIEND.NOT ALL EGGS IN A BASKET ARE BAD.YOU TALK TOO MUCH THE BAD EGGS KILL YOU.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by WriterX(m): 12:31pm On Jan 17, 2020
Arofallenangel:
So that means all those people the police say are 'now at large' actually means they are dead,killed by the police.

Banana Republic.

my brother watin we nor go hear jhare , this matter strong pass die.
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by awoo47: 12:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
Augustine1998:
My young brother was accused and arrested the other day. For no good reason, rather because the person has connection and money. Then I realized that Nigeria is not a better place for living. Whether, u are rich or poor. One day u will amazed, by how they will accuse u. Just for monitory purpose. The worst part of it Is that Nigeria police are one of major earners in Nigeria. The least police man earns at least 50 or 60k monthly
and they still extort ppl who earn 30k monthly
wot a pity
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by princely83(m): 12:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is quite pathetic. Can the poster forward this to INSTABLOG and tag the appropriate authorities like Nigeria human commission, Nigeria police Force public complaint, IG of police. Etc.

We need JUSTICE FOR CHIMA.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by aadoiza: 12:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
I'm sure if this had happened to these guys in the North we would have seen bigotry tags like "barbaric North", "backward North", "evil North" but there's no such thing. There is only barbaric, backward, and evil Nigerians.

3 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Viktorino: 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
Na to comot for this country oh embarassed Things have fallen apart! Pity!
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Xisnin(m): 12:39pm On Jan 17, 2020
awoo47:
baba dey re d same
If u wan be legal thief
NPF is d best place to be
is it dat IG doesn't knw police extort ppl?
Y aren't dey stopping if?

I know what I am saying because I have seen the effectiveness of IG petitioning first hand.
It is not today that police throw bad officers under the bus due to publicity.
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Viktorino: 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
I just feel like targetting all the police stations with ballistic missiles.Rubbish! angry

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by ylaa(f): 12:41pm On Jan 17, 2020
Amen and Amen.
May they all die slow and painful death
Chima may have been an ordinary mechanic but
he had a means of livelyhood. May those that kill him never know peace. Those covering them, May they loose their love ones too. Oh Chima! If he had known, he would have remain in the traffic see what one way has caused a promising guy. May your soul finds rest. cry cry cry

quote author=Felixamos post=85859684]Such a height of stupidity, illiteracy, wickedness, demonism and Satanism.. Is it because the guy is an ordinary mechanic and does not have any connect? Could they have done it if his elder brother was an army major or general Or a close friend to Gov Nyesom Wike? Such a foolish set of demons...

I remember that day a police man shot an army man dead at Ada George. it was just a matter of minutes before army people locked down that pepperoni junction with ceaseless gun shots in the air, requesting to see the fool that had the mind to gun down their colleague or they burn down the station with shots.. According to what I heared, the police later gave out the killer to them..

Now it's an ordinary poor civilian, them don get mouth... May thunder strike down the fool that killed that guy. I mean!! how can people just be so wicked on their fellow human beings because they have guns? Some of this so called police men especially this recruits are not supposed to be giving guns.. They easily get trigger happy..

Oppressing the poor family of the remaining boys simply because them no get money or know person wey get connect.. May God punish them...

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by dominique(f): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
This unfortunate incident would have been avoided if only they had driven on the right lane.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Chuksomenia(m): 12:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
Davinity:
From page pls... Can someone pls tag @segalink on Twitter?

Op please send a DM to @segalink on Twitter let's see how this goes...

Let's #EndImpunity
Nah today Dem tag am? He has already taken action
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by carnal: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
Crack team,mile one police station, na so
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by joyandfaith: 12:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
dominique:
This unfortunate incident would have been avoided if only they had driven on the right lane.
people do make mistake and commit minor offences. should he be tortured to death.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by ABDULKANSILA: 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
Thanks for shared this story,i promise you relevant agency will look in to it.investigation will start soon.
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Longman180(m): 12:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
pathetic

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Perfecttouchade: 12:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
I will blame this government for allowing these wicked acts perpetrated by the men in uniform, it's so sad that these uniforn kill alot of innocent people everyday and yet we Nigerians cry and cry out nobody to listen, how can you do this to a fellow human like u and yet u can sleep, yet u think u have loved ones, Justice for chima...enough is enough police brutality is too much in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by aadoiza: 12:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
RaptorX:
There is something wrong with this Nigerian mentality of carrying soldiers to police stations to settle what are purely civil disputes.
How is a police officer pointing a gun at an innocent man for asking a simple question purely civil

7 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by OnPointMan(m): 1:00pm On Jan 17, 2020
What a sad story. People getting killed by people who are supposed to protect them. Am tired of this country. All the officers involved should be sentenced to death.

1 Like

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Nobody: 1:01pm On Jan 17, 2020
ruggedtimi:
so sad, it reminds me of my ordeal with same police from mile 1 station two years ago, they caught me driving earlier before the traffic warden gave a go. At first i refused their demands and I was threatened by one of the officer. Saying he will give false alarm that they am an armed robber and boys will put tire round my neck. That threat sent chills down my spine.

Na wa oh... Are you serious...
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by dominique(f): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
joyandfaith:

people do make mistake and commit minor offences. should he be tortured to death.

I agree but people should try as much as possible not to deliberately break rules that could land them in hot mess. Driving one way is not a minor offense, it's very dangerous to pedestrians. A woman and her young children (the baby she was backing and the little one she was taking to school) were all killed at once by a reckless driver driving one way. If you're driving someone else's car, try to be as careful as possible and most importantly, don't deliberately break traffic rules.

RIP to Chima, I hope he gets his justice but we'll never know if this tradegy would have been avoided if only he kept to his side of the road.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by OnPointMan(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
RaptorX:
There is something wrong with this Nigerian mentality of carrying soldiers to police stations to settle what are purely civil disputes.

If this is all you have to say to this matter, then am forced to say 'you have lost your humanity'. SMH.

2 Likes

Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by Ryan03(f): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Augustine1998:
My young brother was accused and arrested the other day. For no good reason, rather because the person has connection and money. Then I realized that Nigeria is not a better place for living. Whether, u are rich or poor. One day u will amazed, by how they will accuse u. Just for monitory purpose. The worst part of it Is that Nigeria police are one of major earners in Nigeria. The least police man earns at least 50 or 60k monthly
that's how you type rubbish, na you dey pay them the salary na
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by SKYQUEST(m): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Evil always trickle down.
When the government behaves or make its citizen believe that it does not give a damn about the rule of law, the consequences trickle down to its agents.
Quote me, worse case than this will CONTINUE to happen with the police because there is a CULTURE of impunity among the officers. You will ONLY behave well when you know there is a system that will DEFINITELY punish you for wrong doing. From the DSS to the police and other arms of the government, there is no consciousness that there are consequences for wrong doing, it is just business as usual. This is why the impunity will continue, extortion, bribery, falsification, torture and many more WILL continue in Nigeria. It is not about being pessimistic, it is the reality; Nigeria does not have a system. And more sad it is, because the people with that responsibility to give us that system are busy blaming their predecessors or are protecting their own interest. If the administration of President Buhari cannot deal with the high level of impunity in this country before leaving, he has failed the nation and he has failed himself. The mantle of leadership is on him now, he should take responsibility!
Re: #JusticeForChima: Chima Ikwunado, Mechanic Tortured To Death By Police In Rivers by farady(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
So scary like a movie. So sad and painful, just short of words. R.I.P to the dead and I pray those still in detention will be released and get justice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Man Chains His Wife To Generator In Ogun From Dusk To Dawn / Girl Caught After Stealing Money From Woman's Account Through ATM. Photos / EFCC Arrests 22 Yahoo Boys In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.