Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,957 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:15 AM

Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' (63384 Views)

UK: 10 Things You Will Miss About Nigeria When You JAPA / Canada Rush: What Desperate Nigerian Asylum Seekers Are Saying About Nigeria / Wode Maya: Namibia Is The Dubai Of Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
All contacts on my profile signature.

Email: wolgraceconstructionltd@gmail.com, wolgracias@gmail.com.

Contact any of the emails above requesting for proof and company profile..

Aiyegbajeje2001:

Can you send me your contact and if possible pics of renovation and building you have done as proof.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by 360command: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
Perfecttouchade:
he indeed sanged it grin so our national item has been sanged by a Ghanian grin
he sings other countries national anthem. The title of the thread, he has said the same about Liberia, Sierra Leone.. this about Nigeria is not new.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Are you sure there's no chemical??
nanauju:
These Ghanaians are funny people. Anytime they want to get attention they start looking for Nigeria

Topcio Natural bathing soap, totally natural, no chemicals added, it is produced with fruits, herbs and plants, it lightens, smoothens ur skin and makes u look younger and your skin cleaner. It clears black spots, black knuckles, stretch marks and pimples in few days. Price is 1500 but negotiable if u are buying more than one. Contact me 070 6180 9819
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by OLORIPAPA: 5:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Everybody want to blow using Naija....

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by achimotan(m): 5:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
OLORIPAPA:
Everybody want to blow using Naija....

The guy was already popular before he visited Nigeria.

Check him on Youtube

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by absool(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Who be this slowpoke?

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by nanauju(f): 6:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
realokopi:
Are you there's no chemical??

None sir 100% natural
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by nanauju(f): 6:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Chibuking1402:
...are you in wassapp?..add me

Please take ur number off the net before a scammer takes it to scam you. This is my whatsapp number 070 6180 9819
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by JoseRaji(m): 8:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
Rosskii:

It's not just 'leadership issues'. It takes time to unite a nation of 200 million disparate peoples towards a common purpose. Those western countries have been independent for several centuries.

You forgot to add the crazy diversity of language and culture. Most of those "western" countries do not have 1/10 the amount of cultures we have.

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Rosskii: 8:13pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nanatrendy:
actually the best place to live in Ghana are the smaller towns because unlike nigeria we all have 24 hrs electricity, and smaller town have less pollution . My dream place in ghana is akosombo

You do not ''all have 24 hrs electricity'' in Ghana. Stop lying. Millions of people in Ghana are not connected to the national grid at all, which is disgraceful considering you are less than the population of Lagos.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by bjsteve: 8:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
Seetto:
some people on nairaland, I don't know what to call them, said Lagos is a glorified village, shocked shocked

glorified village that is richer than all northern state put together... tongue
Seetto:
some people on nairaland, I don't know what to call them, said Lagos is a glorified village, shocked shocked

glorified village that is richer than all northern state put together...
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Just30: 8:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Rosskii:

You do not ''all have 24 hrs electricity'' in Ghana. Stop lying. Millions of people in Ghana are not connected to the national grid at all, which is disgraceful considering you are less than the population of Lagos.
you nsound stupid

only 300,000 people in Ghana are left to be connected.

The project that will connect Them has already started
Meaning Ghana will have universal access in 2020.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Neddyogu(m): 9:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
Niccoloimhotep:
If the guy enter some areas for naija grin

..... make i just no talk wetin dey mouth finish cheesy

Dem nor carry am enter Durumi for ABJ.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by CoolJulian: 10:52pm On Jan 17, 2020
Attention seeking guy!

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Longman180(m): 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Arielnatasha:
Nigeria itself is a lie
grin grin grin
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Legendguru: 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2020
I guess they should take him to the way leading to president Buhari village ... or samibissa forest where they have to shoot him to see a proof

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Legendguru: 11:58pm On Jan 17, 2020
He is jus like cardi b which stays in lekki and Vi and hang with strippers like her then concluded that nigeria is lit on social media .i wish these mouth runners were born and raised here

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by JavaKonjo: 1:21am On Jan 18, 2020
This guy is just a fake attention seeker.

Who did he ask about Nigeria?

This is 2020 but this fool is still expecting BBC and CNN, to show Ikoyi and Lekki on the 10pm news and say that is how all Nigerians live

That is the real lie. shocked shocked
Mean while Nigeria has its own media.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by JavaKonjo: 1:25am On Jan 18, 2020
Just30:
you nsound stupid

only 300,000 people in Ghana are left to be connected.

The project that will connect Them has already started
Meaning Ghana will have universal access in 2020.

Oya. start listing the nsmes of the 300,000 people left.
over sabi
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Nanatrendy(f): 5:21am On Jan 18, 2020
Rosskii:

that would be like 5% of the population and they are normally hamlets it's not because we can't supply them with electricity it's simply because connecting them takes time and can't happen in a day. But most towns and villages are connected both my maternal and paternal villages have electricity. We are currently producing more than we can consume and we export to our nieghboring countries . The places with the best electricity supply is not accra or kumasi, its akosombo, sunyani and some places in the north because they are directly connected to VRA and not the distribution company, even when we had power issues and there was load shedding in the major cities those places where enjoying 24hr electricity.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Kennyswag: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2020
justlikedat:

The political class will not allow that because of their selfish interest.
yeah that is the problem
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by JaceBlaze: 9:11am On Jan 18, 2020
Susu888:
Before nko?
9ja and ghana can never be on the same level... charley boyz need to wake up biko , we're seniors to even south Africa and Egypt. Who the fvck is ghana to drag economy with nigeria... common ghana that can't even compare to a single state in Nigeria!?!? angry
#ComedyCentralHumor

grin

grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Senior to Egypt and South Africa grin .You are not even in the same stratosphere with those countries...hell you not even qualified to carry Botswana's bags.

2 Likes

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Just30: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2020
JavaKonjo:

Oya. start listing the nsmes of the 300,000 people left.
over sabi
you are stupid
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by IronGalaxy: 10:30am On Jan 18, 2020
JaceBlaze:
#ComedyCentralHumor

grin

grin grin
grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Senior to Egypt and South Africa grin .You are not even in the same stratosphere with those countries...hell you not even qualified to carry Botswana's bags.

This Ghanaian vlogger has got them heads inflated..to the point they now think they can swim with the sharks wink Egypt and SA are on another league

1 Like

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by JaceBlaze: 11:27am On Jan 18, 2020
IronGalaxy:
This Ghanaian vlogger has got them heads inflated..to the point they now think they can swim with the sharks wink Egypt and SA are on another league
The comparison is silly and stupid.As for the Ghanaian guy,it appears to me that he was just desperate for his 15 minutes of fame wink

2 Likes

Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by DexterousOne(m): 12:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
Rosskii:

Do you go round the whole Ghana before coming here to claim they are heaven on earth? How many of you have gone beyond Accra?

I have gone to seven cities and towns in Ghana

And I was still impressed
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by DexterousOne(m): 12:45pm On Jan 18, 2020
kay29000:

You are a Nairalander...I'm sure you see how Igbo and Yoruba people fight everyday here. You also know how people would rather have someone from their ethnic group as the president, even if the person is incapable. How will a country progress when it is made up of too many ethnic groups that can't get along. Some people are even happy when things go bad so that they can laugh at people from the ethnic group of the president, or people that support the president.

The question you should ask is WHY these ethnic groups cannot get along
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by DexterousOne(m): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2020
kay29000:

"In real life we don't really see igbos and yorubas you fighting up and down."

Lol. That's because they hide how they feel. Nairaland is the perfect representation of how Nigerians really feel. This is a faceless forum, so people can express how they truly feel.

Well this is a valid point

But the population sample here is still small
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by DexterousOne(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2020
BreconHills:

Not completely true. Certainly if you look at Europe the Middle ages or some call it Dark Ages lasted from the 5th Century to the 15th Century. That is a heck of a lot of time! But we could have leapfrogged all this in the same way Dubai and Singapore have done so why havent we?

The main reason is we are a country with an extraordinarily high friction rate. It's difficult getting things done but we a lot of this friction owes to the fact that you have over 50 different nationalities bunged up together with differing views, outlooks and culture. Friction filled tribal relationships have not helped.

But why am I so hopeful.

An entirely new country is being built around human capital, technology and innovation. Nigeria is the clear leader in numbers of innovation hubs, tech funding is huge and most of it is local. The new wealth isnt crude oil but people. Why isnt it changing things? Well, a lot of graduates are badly educated but entitled. They want the old economy where you go and work in a company or they become life coaches spreading ignorance and narrow perspectives in their trail. They wont get it. It's gone, dead, kaput!

Sure weve had horrid leaders but that doesnt completely explain why we are where we are. I wont go into that.

But we have made progress - huge progress. Think of Nigeria 30 years ago with an archaic telecoms system, low bandwidth, relying on 100% fossil fueled domestic energy, ( today some of us are off grid using solar), crumbling state schools and almost no private hospital system. There was no HMO, international travel was restricted to very few privileged people and income mobility was extremely narrow. Today there has been progress, not as much as we would have liked

Initial progress in any country like Nigeria is private sector led. The malls are redefining shopping, cinemas lifestyle, payment systems are creating frictionless transactions and housing developments are moving from grand luxury to income directed accomodation. You no longer need to know the bank manager to access credit.
What needs to happen is that Government needs to expand opportunities for private sector by opening up the country with rail and motorways. This is exactly what is happening.

I am a pre independence person so heck I might not see as much of the future as the really young people but believe me you are staring at a much brighter horizon than say 40 years ago. But it wont come on a plat you have to know your sectors and build the appropriate skills and networks.

Long reply. But what the..

Interesting piece

Thank you for your comment

Was insightful

BUT
I don't agree 100 % sha
Maybe 70%-
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by DexterousOne(m): 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2020
Redman44:
The whole picture of immigration into and life in Europe and North America was not given to Africans by the western media and our people who live in the white man's lands. On the other hand, the whole picture of life and living standards in African nations was not given to Europeans and Americans, Canadians, Australians etc by the same Western Media. Africans themselves do not know much about their countries apart from the States and Regions they live in or their States of Origin. Many Nigerians have not lived in or visited more than 3 Nigerian States in their lifetime. Everyone is at fault here. Africans prefer to go on holiday to Dubai or Florida when we have exotic countries like Cape Verde and Seychelles in Africa. Kenya and Tanzania also have good tourism spots. The truth is Africans don't value what they have. The Asians understand Africa better.

Do you really know the reason for the bolded?
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Swanzi(m): 4:13pm On Jan 18, 2020
Nanatrendy:
Those who don't know wode maya, he's like the most successful you tuber in west africa if not africa, he basically goes around african countries to show the positive parts of Africa. He's done Rwanda, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, Ghana, Sierra Leone and Nigeria and he hyped every country he went to. Last year the guy earned 100, 000 dollars from you tube, he's basically doing his hustle so stop tickling yourselves

Oh nana talk them oo I just taya for this Nigerians o ...!

Their inferiority complex wen it comes to Ghana is sickening.
Re: Wode Maya: ''They Lied To Us About Nigeria'' by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2020
urahara:

I don't have to be Indian before knowing that Hindi is not the only language in India.

Just Google " languages of India " and " percentage of Indians that speak Hindi "
Yah true. They have ethnic clashes just like we do. The worst was that Hindu and Muslim one. Damn. They did the Muslims strong thing for no reason.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Former Erosion Site Transformed Into A Green Park In Uyo (Before & After Photos) / Crocodile Chops Off Tourist's Leg In A Lake In Uganda (Graphic Pics) / Kaduna Curfew: Driver Attacked For Trying To Save 6 Christian Passengers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.