Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,295 members, 7,808,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:18 AM

Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah (44843 Views)

2023 Presidency: Afenifere Will Not Support Tinubu, Others - Ayo Adebanjo / Amotekun: ‘to Hell With Their Presidency’, Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah / 2019 Presidency: Afenifere Meets Obasanjo, May Adopt Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by OROSUNBOLB(m): 1:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
omoharry:
Dont be arrogant here.We south need one another.We cannot do it alone.You think when that time comes you will have 100% yorubas on ur side?.Some of your people will be sympathetic to the Northern cause due to religious/Political affiliation.We can only defeat this large numbers of northern people & thier Almajiri youth soldiers through a united front if anything were to happen. Divided we fall but united we stand. Please there is no need for any one of us here in the south to be arrogant.We all need one another.
It was the lack of unity among the souther Region that brought about the defeat of BIAFRA. If the whole of the south had supported or were sympathetic to the BIAFRA people, for them to find their part, I do not think the Northern region only could have defeated them. Even with South East fighting the war alone, it took the Nigeria Govt three years to end the war by using the starvation technic in wining that war. i am from the Niger Delta.We need one another.

For the umpteenth time, I repeat Yoruba do not need Igbo support to achieve whatever goal we set out to accomplish. It is not about being arrogant; it is about being realistic. Igbo people don't like us and we know that and respect that ! Before we set out on any mission, we must have thought it through over and over without allowing emotions to becloud logical sense of reasoning.

Religious affiliation did you say ? Trust me,this is one of the major reasons why Yoruba people are different from you guys. Religion means nothing to us,especially when our collective interest as a people is threatened. We are Yoruba first,with our distinct customs and set of traditions which we hold dearly to our heart,before being any other thing.

And if you think political affiliations or politics will divide us,you still don't have an idea of what binds us together as a people. It is stronger than you think. You need to check out the voting pattern of the last presidential election to have an idea. The number of Yoruba people that voted for PDP is far more than that of the entire south east. We are neither APC nor PDP and a certain Tinubu can't decide for us even though we love him as a Yoruba man.

As for the civil war,it may interest you to know that some Yoruba people actively fought alongside Ojukwu. Notably among these people was Col. Victor Banjo. He was a military strategist and an adviser to Ojukwu. I hope you know also that Prof Wole Soyinka was an adherent supporter of Ojukwu Biafra's dream during the war.

This is to tell you that Yoruba people were technically not at war with the Igbo during civil war. There is no account of Igbo people being slaughtered in any part of Yoruba land before,during and after the war. Our people even returned their properties to them after the war. The war game changed for the Biafran army when order was given by Ojukwu for the invasion of the then mid western state ( part of present day Niger Delta ) and Yoruba land. Though Col Banjo advised Ojukwu against the invasion but he insisted. Banjo was mischievously trialed ,killed and the Biafrans lost the war at Ore in Ondo state.

If you are truly from the Niger Delta as claimed,then you need to know that a certain Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle was a military hero of your progenitors during the war.

So thanks for your advice,but we don't need Igbo's support.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jimyjames(m): 1:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
FrLukas:

You guys like fooling yourselves don't you?

Go and read the history of Nigeria and ask yourself why an Igbo man, Nnamdi Azikiwe among others refused Awolowo's move to insert the referendum clause into the Nigerian Constitution.

Most of you here are kids really. Read up son and stop spewing trash.

The Nigerian constitution has been changed 3 to 4 times looks like nnamdi azikiwe is to be blamed for it? Nnamdi azikiwe had a young country on his hands what ever he did back then was the right thing to do
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Sanchez01: 1:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
nams77:

Shut up.
Go and read what Falana and other lawyers are saying on this issue. Policing/security is not the exclusive preserve of FG. It is shared by FG, the 36 states and the police commission.

If you are not OK with that, then approach the law court

Cc. Omonnak0da. Sanchez01
The emboldened is what the God-forsaken presidency wouldn't do. Akeredolu as a SAN must have done his homework well before choosing to chair the project.

Buhari and his stooges very well know they can't afford to go the legal way. A loss will be the beginning of state policing as other regions will follow the South West immediately. And rather than go the legal route, the presidency is engaging its militia arm to pressurize South West governors by dangling the national seat before them.

What Malami did is similar to testing the waters, to see the response of the South West before deciding in which means to curb the new found encouragement of the South West. Crazy people.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by 0monnak0da: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:

Take some time to read my initial post, read the information on the link and think about all the information for a few minutes so you understand it.

1. In my post I said security issue is the exclusive preserve of the FG.

2. Then I gave you a link showing you the list of items that are solely the responsibility of FG.

3. In the list, I pointed out items 2, 17 and 45 which all deal with security and which all fall under exclusive list.

4. For your information, the exclusive list is a list of items that fg has control over.

Security' is NOT in the exclusive list

That is simply untrue
You do not need to inform me about the exclusive list
It is in the public domain and has been for over20 years

There is no where security is mentioned there.

That claims false
The fact that items 2 etc deal with security proves nothing.Are those the only dimensions of security?
Even those items are subject to interpretation

Security is such a Mulidimensional issue from hiring a Maiguard in your house to having a civilian JTF in Borno or inviting foreign mercenaries

Again not every scenario requires fresh legislation as there is already existing legislation covering so many existing activities.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by LandMann: 1:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
0monnak0da:

Security' is NOT in the exclusive list

That is simply untrue
You do not need to inform me about the exclusive list
It is in the public domain and has been for over20 years

There is no where security is mentioned there.

That claims false
The fact that items 2 etc deal with security proves nothing.Are those the only dimensions of security?
Even those items are subject to interpretation

Security is such a Mulidimensional issue from hiring a Maiguard in your house to having a civilian JTF in Borno or inviting foreign mercenaries

Again not every scenario requires fresh legislation as there is already existing legislation covering so many existing activities.

Ok sir. Thank you.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
lozanni:

Cheetah : Ikoko

Remember that popular saying: Aja nle Ikoko

Ikoko is Hyena.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
jimyjames:

The Nigerian constitution has been changed 3 to 4 times looks like nnamdi azikiwe is to be blamed for it? Nnamdi azikiwe had a young country on his hands what ever he did back then was the right thing to do

If he had done the right thing over 2 million Igbos might not have died in a needless war.

Does the sorry state of Nigeria bear witness to the "right thing to do" the he supposedly did?

I think the answer speaks for itself, don't you?
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by nograv: 1:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ustec:

Nice one from afenifere,
But stop believing aboki's are illiterates, those educated guys up north are so sound that you will end up doffing your cap when you gets to know them.

No they are not educated. The only thing is that they are not afraid to use violence to further their agenda. The South was slow to respond, but enough was enough
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by modsfucker: 1:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:

Do find time to visit this address so you can easily comprehend

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://educeleb.com/list-of-tsangaya-almajiri-model-schools-across-nigeria/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjUocSJuornAhULuqQKHbYrCxQQFjABegQIAxAB&usg=AOvVaw3E61LJ1ZI65Lz3sKCW6kNU&ampcf=1

ok.....zombie but mean while see pictures below cos study shows that zombies don't reason rather they follow what ever thier d*ck wielding malam says and that's the reason the northeast has not smelt peace for years

Still the same insult with no facts. I'm a Northerner but I have yet to see a single structure in the name of Almajiri school... I believe those schools exist more on paper than reality.

To show you how human I am, I condemn the Almajiri system in its totality, even as majority of the Almajiris are from the neighbouring Niger Republic. This goes to show you I have no insults in my dictionary.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jan 17, 2020
Ustec:

Nice one from afenifere,
But stop believing aboki's are illiterates, those educated guys up north are so sound that you will end up doffing your cap when you gets to know them.

They are bunch of fools, that is how one of them here wrote my bvn middle name with small letters. Can you imagine, now they are telling me to go and do affidavit,, their father.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Sunky200: 1:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
immaculatesense:
U are 100% correct and on tract...am proud of u
thanks you bro
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 1:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
modsfucker:

Still the same insult with no facts. I'm a Northerner but I have yet to see a single structure in the name of Almajiri school... I believe those schools exist more on paper than reality.

To show you how human I am, I condemn the Almajiri system in its totality, even as majority of the Almajiris are from the neighbouring Niger Republic. This goes to show you I have no insults in my dictionary.

Oh so you are now denying your own brothers?

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jimyjames(m): 2:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
FrLukas:

If he had done the right thing over 2 million Igbos might not have died in a needless war.

Does the sorry state of Nigeria bear witness to the "right thing to do" the he supposedly did?

I think the answer speaks for itself, don't you?

During the civil war awolowo was the number 2 man behind the young 35 year old general Gowon he was far older and smarter than Gowon, Gowon agreed to all his advice and suggestions , he was the one that ask Gowon to block and starve Biafran kids , even after the war he still was controlling Gowon, why didn't he do the right thing when he had the chance?

Awolowos fights with azikiwe wasn't about including referendum into the Nigerian constitution noting of such was mentioned it was about central governances and regional governances
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by modsfucker: 2:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:

Oh so you are now denying your own brothers?

I believe you're one of those underaged boys using a paltry amount of data to browse the net... You're totally bereft of anything intelligence... You lack good reasoning.

Don't quote me again.. You can now resume your Biafran agitation, till you grow grey hair if that's what makes you happy.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
ddjay:
WOW, THE UNHOLY UNION BETWEEN ODUDUWA AND THE ABOKI/ALMAJIRI PART OF THE NORTH HAS SUCCESSFULLY ENDED (THOUGH NOT WELL) SO WILL TINUBU GET THE 2023 PRESIDENCY

In my opinion, the answer is NO.

Tinubu is not liked in the South East, South South and in the North. These days, most South Westerns don't like him. So who will support him?

It's a dead on arrival dream.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by ferhyntorlah(f): 2:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
Snipper007:
They just killed lagatha Ragnar lotbroke's wife........ cry
I loved her

Vikings fan, I sight you.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 2:35pm On Jan 17, 2020
modsfucker:

I believe you're one of those underaged boys using a paltry amount of data to browse the net... You're totally bereft of anything intelligence... You lack good reasoning.

Don't quote me again.. You can now resume your Biafran agitation, till you grow grey hair if that's what makes you happy.

Lol. How long did it took you to find those words, cos I realised it takes you long to reply....ode, peace will always elude the wicked the way it has been eluding you people in your north, you people will never know peace and this is just the beginning. Am proudly a Biafran and I hope you can say same about your bokoharam, akpamu. And below is your worst nightmare.....

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 2:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
jimyjames:

During the civil war awolowo was the number 2 man behind the young 35 year old general Gowon he was far older and smarter than Gowon, Gowon agreed to all his advice and suggestions , he was the one that ask Gowon to block and starve Biafran kids , even after the war he still was controlling Gowon, why didn't he do the right thing when he had the chance?

Awolowos fights with azikiwe wasn't about including referendum into the Nigerian constitution noting of such was mentioned it was about central governances and regional governances

Lol. What was the right thing the sage should have done?

Let me tell you bro, Awolowo was a leader any African country would die to have.

Awolowo warned Ojukwu to toe the path of dialogue, when Ojukwu wanted him to pledge support on behalf of the Yorubas.

Do you know why pa Awo refused?

The Federal capital was in Lagos, right in the middle of Yorubaland. Most of the military facilities were located in Yorubaland and Ojukwu wanted Awolowo to support his dream by turning Yorubaland into a theatre of war for the sake of Igbos?

Never gon happen, not then, not now, not in a million lifetimes.

Awolowo, the man who saved his people.

Ojukwu, the man who decimated his people.

Awolowo was also the saviour of Igbos. His starvation policy ended the war abruptly. Not only that, he gave sums of money to Igbos who had money in the bank before the war and most importantly, he reserved the federal allocations due to the Eastern region and gave it to them after the war despite objections from the military council.

All that silly talk of "we built our cities back without any help from the federal government" is pure rubbish.

Thank Awolowo. Thank the Yorubas. Houses abandoned in the west, Yorubaland, in a hurry at the commencement of the war were returned to the Igbos. Those abandoned in PH were never returned.

Awolowo did the best for his people...and for your people too.

He should be thanked, not vilified by you.

4 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by charlesditro: 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2020
A beautiful time to be an igbo man....picking my teeth. Ill just wait until this isshhh escalates then this saboteurs will witness the true definition of being a credible ally.
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jimyjames(m): 3:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
FrLukas:

Lol. What was the right thing the sage should have done?

Let me tell you bro, Awolowo was a leader any African country would die to have.

Awolowo warned Ojukwu to toe the path of dialogue, when Ojukwu wanted him to pledge support on behalf of the Yorubas.

Do you know why pa Awo refused?

The Federal capital was in Lagos, right in the middle of Yorubaland. Most of the military facilities were located in Yorubaland and Ojukwu wanted Awolowo to support his dream by turning Yorubaland into a theatre of war for the sake of Igbos?

Never gon happen, not then, not now, not in a million lifetimes.

Awolowo, the man who saved his people.

Ojukwu, the man who decimated his people.

Awolowo was also the saviour of Igbos. His starvation policy ended the war abruptly. Not only that, he gave sums of money to Igbos who had money in the bank before the war and most importantly, he reserved the federal allocations due to the Eastern region and gave it to them after the war despite objections from the military council.

All that silly talk of "we built our cities back without any help from the federal government" is pure rubbish.

Thank Awolowo. Thank the Yorubas. Houses abandoned in the west, Yorubaland, in a hurry at the commencement of the war were returned to the Igbos. Those abandoned in PH were never returned.

Awolowo did the best for his people...and for your people too.

He should be thanked, not vilified by you.

That conversation never happened between awolowo and ojukwu , rather it was azikiwe who adviced ojukwu to dialogue but ojukwu refused ,

awolowo was released from prison by Gowon during that time and Gowon made him his second
Awolowo was scared of Biafra separating and living them in Nigeria with the northerners he kept saying to the north if you allow biafrans to separate from Nigeria we the south west will do the same

The Igbo's lost allot of money in Nigerian banks they were given only 20 pounds as conpensation that money is not enough to feed a family of 5 for 2 months so what are you talking about?

Our region was destroyed to the ground their was no house in Igbo land that wasn't touched by bombshells the Onitsha market was burned to ashes individual homes were all destroyed we were given same allocation same as other Nigerian regions who didn't experience the war received so what are you talking about?

Biafra separating itself from Nigeria was the best thing that could have happened to both Biafra and Nigeria if they allowed it be, rather they came for war, 50 yrs after the war Nigeria is still not united we are still facing same problem which might lead to another war if care is not taken

Awolowo sacrificed 3 million Igbo children to unite this country but the country is not united
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jacksol(m): 3:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
LandMann:
We all should put emotions, tribalism and ethnic hatred aside and examine this issue of Ametokun based purely on its merits and demerits and in light of existing laws.

The following points should guide us:

1. Internal security is an exclusive task of the FG. FG can give authority to state or local actors to improve security. Example; local vigilantes and some paramilitary organisation like Man o War must acquire police permission before operating... This is an example of FG giving other actors permission to act in improving security.

2. There's no federal law or agreement between federal and state outlining the activities to be covered by Ametokun, given the existence of police, nscdc and other existing internal security outfit... This agreement or law is important to avoid conflict between these organisations when issues of security occur. We're still dealing with superiority contest between FRSC, VIO, NSCDC, YELLOW FEVER, POLICE AND ARMY on our highways...

3. With no national law or agreement coupled with high level of illiteracy and unprofessionalism of most state workers, state governments can quickly start using Ametokun as instrument of oppression and a means of further looting state resources because security spending is often shrouded in secrecy, and even Ametokun members can take to crimes as side hustle when they start feeling dissatisfied with their salary. They have the training and the instrument of force (guns)... Who's going to prevent them from misusing both and how?

The above are just some issues worth considering.

If all the loopholes are properly plugged, then Ametokun can kick off.

We shouldn't cheer on the idea even with the obvious loopholes because it can quickly spread, every region can quickly have their own version of Ametokun and it won't be long before outside actors start smuggling weapons to these different regional Ametokuns and with the existing ethnic hatred, it won't take long before another civil war arises that will tear Nigeria apart and make current Libya and Iraq look like heaven compared to how Nigeria will look like.

We should protect our country, not our states or region or ethnic enclave.

Modified

I have received so many emotional response to this post and I find it demoralising that many people can't pass their message without insults.

I won't respond to you if you insult me. There's a report button for that.

For further clarification, and to buttress point 1, see the link below for items on the exclusive (fg) list so you understand why, under the current constitution, nobody, whether state or individual, can unilaterally set-up a security arrangement without approval from FG....

http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/SecondSchedule.html

Item 2 is arms and explosives--- I'm sure Amotekun personnel won't use catapult and stones.

Item 17 is defence...again under FG control...this is more towards external aggression but can be directed towards internal aggression like we see with Boko Haram and other militant groups.

Item 45 is policing...again under FG control.
I won't insult you like the others, but try and stand aloof and look at your stand for a moment. You are here defending what's in the exclusive list and what's not for the FG. Is the FG discharging those roles adequately for everyone?
When a matter is of life and death of a whole people or sections of the populace, what good is exclusivity of roles.
If you have been kidnapped off the Ibadan/Ife highway and ransomed for N10m, would you be here defending what's in the FG exclusive list.
And do you honestly think this country is working and viable in the manner we're going?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by ajl: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
YorubaLord:

Cheetah = ẹtan

I think this might be it.

I just checked this on Google Translate. I believe this is because you entered "cheetah" with small letter "c".
Etan" is a Yoruba for "Cheat" or "Cheating". So, Google Translate is mistaking "cheetah" for "cheat" . If you enter it with capital letter "C" it did not give result except a footnote.

If you check below the space for the translated word, it suggested " Amotekun" as a noun and it classify the names of Leopard, Cheetah, Lioness under Amotekun.

Google Translate recognizes word starting with capital letter as nouns and when you entered a noun without a starting capital letter, it is not treated as a noun.

I am sure there is an original Yoruba name for Cheetah. One just need to ask an individual that is versed in the language.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
[quote author=jimyjames post=85873604]

That conversation never happened between awolowo and ojukwu , rather it was azikiwe who adviced ojukwu to dialogue but ojukwu refused

Like I said, your knowledge of Nigerian history is deficient. Why do you think Igbos call Yorubas cowards? They say it's because Awolowo promised to join Ojukwu in the war, but did not. Which is a lie. In fact, Awolowo's words were, "if Biafra was allowed to secede, then the Yorubas will leave Nigeria".

awolowo was released from prison by Gowon during that time and Gowon made him his second

Oh, thank God you guys now agree that it was Gowon that released Awo from prison and not Ojukwu like y'all claim.

Awolowo was minister of finance and not "the second" of Gowon like you claim. Gowon was a military head of state and a civilian couldn't have been his deputy.

Awolowo was scared of Biafra separating and living them in Nigeria with the northerners he kept saying to the north if you allow biafrans to separate from Nigeria we the south west will do the same

Awolowo was scared of Biafra separating? Really? How? Why? Western region was leading in all the indices of human and infrastructural development among all the regions in Nigeria. So why was he scared?

What exactly was that thing that the Eastern region brought to the Nigerian union that would scare anyone if they left with it?

As a matter of fact, the mass exodus of your people from Igboland to Yorubaland didn't just start today. It was already on way back then.

The Igbo's lost allot of money in Nigerian banks they were given only 20 pounds as conpensation that money is not enough to feed a family of 5 for 2 months so what are you talking about?

They lost a lot of money. How much are we talking about here? Do you have any proof of the amount of money they lost?

So the Nigerian government should have emptied the treasury and made all Igbos millionaires just because they lost a war they started in the first place?

Besides, I think you are forgetting something here. It was Ojukwu who broke into banks at the commencement of the war to loot thereby necessitating the federal government to chance the currency.

So blame Ojukwu, not Awolowo the master strategist.

Our region was destroyed to the ground their was no house in Igbo land that wasn't touched by bombshells the Onitsha market was burned to ashes individual homes were all destroyed we were given same allocation same as other Nigerian regions who didn't experience the war received so what are you talking about?

The Nigerian government did not owe you shit. You went to war and lost. Only a fool loses a war and expects to be compensated by the other side it went to war with. Who does that? Just like you were expecting Nigeria to feed you while you picked up arms in a war against them. Silly, don't you think?

Calculate the number of years the war lasted and the accumulated allocations due to the Eastern region and you will be grateful for the kindhearted gesture of pa Awo.

Biafra separating itself from Nigeria was the best thing that could have happened to both Biafra and Nigeria if they allowed it be, rather they came for war, 50 yrs after the war Nigeria is still not united we are still facing same problem which might lead to another war if care is not taken

Except that Biafra didn't separate from Nigeria and it was a still birth.

If you wanted Biafra, you would have stayed in your country and not attempt to cross over to Yorubaland with your army. You suffered a resounding defeat when you reached Ore, Ondo state. I hope that lesson has been received clearly by y'all.

Awolowo sacrificed 3 million Igbo children to unite this country but the country is not united

Ojukwu, not Awolowo.

Ojukwu sacrificed 3 million of his people just to become the head of state of NIGERIA not Biafra, otherwise he would have defended his territory and not march his army in the direction of Lagos.

If he believed in his Biafran ideology, he would have been ready to die for it and not run away with his tail between his legs, abandoning his people at the first sound, not even sight, of the federal forces.

Awolowo saved you by ending the war when he did by closing the food corridor. Otherwise y'all would just have been another minority ethnic group in Nigeria. QED!

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by YorubaLord: 3:34pm On Jan 17, 2020
ajl:

I just checked this on Google Translate. I believe this is because you entered "cheetah" with small letter "c".
Etan" is a Yoruba for "Cheat" or "Cheating". So, Google Translate is mistaking "cheetah" for "cheat" . If you enter it with capital letter "C" it did not give result except a footnote.

If you check below the space for the translated word, it suggested " Amotekun" as a noun and it classify the names of Leopard, Cheetah, Lioness under Amotekun.

Google Translate recognizes word starting with capital letter as nouns and when you entered a noun without a starting capital letter, it is not treated as a noun.

I am sure there is an original Yoruba name for Cheetah. One just need to ask an individual that is versed in the language.

I agree, Boss!
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by omoharry(f): 3:42pm On Jan 17, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

For the umpteenth time, I repeat Yoruba do not need Igbo support to achieve whatever goal we set out to accomplish. It is not about being arrogant; it is about being realistic. Igbo people don't like us and we know that and respect that ! Before we set out on any mission, we must have thought it through over and over without allowing emotions to becloud logical sense of reasoning.

Religious affiliation did you say ? Trust me,this is one of the major reasons why Yoruba people are different from you guys. Religion means nothing to us,especially when our collective interest as a people is threatened. We are Yoruba first,with our distinct customs and set of traditions which we hold dearly to our heart,before being any other thing.

And if you think political affiliations or politics will divide us,you still don't have an idea of what binds us together as a people. It is stronger than you think. You need to check out the voting pattern of the last presidential election to have an idea. The number of Yoruba people that voted for PDP is far more than that of the entire south east. We are neither APC nor PDP and a certain Tinubu can't decide for us even though we love him as a Yoruba man.

As for the civil war,it may interest you to know that some Yoruba people actively fought alongside Ojukwu. Notably among these people was Col. Victor Banjo. He was a military strategist and an adviser to Ojukwu. I hope you know also that Prof Wole Soyinka was an adherent supporter of Ojukwu Biafra's dream during the war.

This is to tell you that Yoruba people were technically not at war with the Igbo during civil war. There is no account of Igbo people being slaughtered in any part of Yoruba land before,during and after the war. Our people even returned their properties to them after the war. The war game changed for the Biafran army when order was given by Ojukwu for the invasion of the then mid western state ( part of present day Niger Delta ) and Yoruba land. Though Col Banjo advised Ojukwu against the invasion but he insisted. Banjo was mischievously trialed ,killed and the Biafrans lost the war at Ore in Ondo state.

If you are truly from the Niger Delta as claimed,then you need to know that a certain Brigadier Benjamin Adekunle was a military hero of your progenitors during the war.

So thanks for your advice,but we don't need Igbo's support.
I hear. Anyway what do you know about war and collaborations/allies?.You are just typing from the comfort of your home, having simple pictures of how the SW can carry on without any collaboration.Well, it all depend if we will call that inter ethnic clashes or a full blown war. Anyway we pray we do not get to that point in our life time.We pray that Nigeria will get better without blood shed but should things turn the other way round then, reality will be our teacher and not what you brag and type here.

This is not the regular Yoruba/Hausa physical clash or the Igbo/Yoruba online e-war that happens off and on.,We are talking about a fight with a religious agenda of conquest.Anyway what ever you say here is nothing and hold no water. Your ego is bruised so it need to be massage and nothing more..If the whole world had this arrogance, then Hitler would never have been defeated.It took the rest of the world to unite for Germany to be defeated.You think sey na your imaginary war that you use your mouth and phone to win?.
Collaboration by elders of SE/SS/MD is on ground and gaining momentum..at least in recent times they have been talking under a united platform..you are obviously still very young...when you experience what war is and some how got involved and was able to win it alone by your ethnic group without collaboration, then you can display this your stupid and childish arrogance but not now.Bye.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jimyjames(m): 3:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
[quote author=FrLukas post=85874243][/quote]

Everything you wrote up there is fiction in your own mind

Ojukwu never had a conversation with awolowo over Biafra, awolowo never met with ojukwu before, during or after the war,

Yes awolowo was scared of Yoruba's being left with the north in Nigeria cause the north out numbered them and Lagos was the capital of Nigeria which could have being in control of the north

We had all Nigeria wanted the oil, Nigeria knew the amount of oil that was in Biafra oil was like gold and Nigeria didn't want to miss out

The same oil boomed in the 70s after the war and it was through that oil all regions have been receiving their allocations till date, noting was accumulated and giving to us notting
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by DEROX: 3:53pm On Jan 17, 2020
sharone21:

And why is the North threatening the West with losing Presidency? Who told them it is the turn of Yorubas to produce President, thereby cheating other regions?
Igbo Presidency for 2023
Thereafter
'Middle belter'

OR

Igbo President and 'Middle Belter' VP.

If Igbos still like Peter Obi he can contest for the position, or any other illustrious son eg Soludo etc
oga shut up you think all what tinubu is doing is for fun internal Politics has been played and negotiated and when i mean internal Politics i mean northerners and sw they only want to use this to threaten the agreement why can't you stop north from becoming president because they rule more than others why south West dont Be jealous no one knows an igbo man in nigeria Politics and no one wants him too sw is not and never ur mate in Politics
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Snipper007: 3:57pm On Jan 17, 2020
And somewhere in Nigeria grin

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
jimyjames:

Everything you wrote up there is fiction in your own mind

Ojukwu never had a conversation with awolowo over Biafra, awolowo never met with ojukwu before, during or after the war,

Yes awolowo was scared of Yoruba's being left with the north in Nigeria cause the north out numbered them and Lagos was the capital of Nigeria which could have being in control of the north

We had all Nigeria wanted the oil, Nigeria knew the amount of oil that was in Biafra oil was like gold and Nigeria didn't want to miss out

The same oil boomed in the 70s after the war and it was through that oil all regions have been receiving their allocations till date, noting was accumulated and giving to us notting

First, there is nothing like a homogeneous North, just like there is nothing like a homogeneous South.

So, you saying that the North outnumbered the West is rubbish. Do you know how many tribes are in Plateaus state alone? Not to mention Benue, Kaduna and most of the middle-belt region.

It is plain ignorance and a lack of appreciation of the divided nature of Nigeria to think that one group can secede and the other groups will remain in that union.

If Yorubas secede today will Igbos remain? If Igbos secede, will middle belt region remain?

Second, oil boom? Are we talking of palm oil here or you are still bent on forcefully co-opting the minor Niger-Delta tribes to your Igbos venture?

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by jimyjames(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
FrLukas:

First, there is nothing like a homogeneous North, just like there is nothing like a homogeneous South.

So, you saying that the North outnumbered the West is rubbish. Do you know how many tribes are in Plateaus state alone? Not to mention Benue, Kaduna and most of the middle-belt region.

It is plain ignorance and a lack of appreciation of the divided nature of Nigeria to think that one group can secede and the other groups will remain in that union.

If Yorubas secede today will Igbos remain? If Igbos secede, will middle belt region remain?

Second, oil boom? Are we talking of palm oil here or you are still bent on forcefully co-opting the minor Niger-Delta tribes to your Igbos venture?

My friend politically the north are one so yes they outnumbered the south west

And yes cause of the oil boom ojukwu was the governor over all the eastern region and easter region became Biafra so what are you talking about?
Re: Amotekun: ‘To Hell With Their Presidency’ - Afenifere Blasts Miyetti Allah by omoharry(f): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
T9ksy:

' @ First bolded.... we don't need anybody's help to fight the fulanis. we did it before in 1840 at oshogbo on our own and we shall do it again when we are good and ready.

@ second bolded........ you are partly right to an extent. Awo told all and sundry that the impending war was between the east and the north but that was until Ojukwu in his infinite wisdom decided to bring his war to our shores. wtf do you expect us to do.? Stand akimbo whilst ibos and fulani soldiers decimate our land in their war of supremacy, ba.

Have the Igbos ever slaughtered your people before?You talk of a war that was fought in which the Igbos suffered more casualties..and yet you hold a grudge..were you even born then? The northerners you call brothers, are they not the regular culprit of this crimes of always slaughtering, raping and maiming your kinsmen as well as other southern and Middle Beltans?.You anger and hatred toward the Igbo by you and you other SW brothers are seriously misplaced...this is also to the igbos hatred toward your tribes..This is a seriously misplaced anger..Like i said before divided we fall and united we stand.Even if your arrogance is as big as the mountain..it will not make any difference if you think you can stand alone.Your lots really surprised me.
As weak as a lily leaf , I am sure you will be among the first set people that will be at the airport /borders running away from the war, God forbid if there will ever be one..Now you are here making mouth as if wars are fantasies that one can decided how it will be fought and won.
Well now that we know that all the three ethnic group cannot see eye to eye then SW should take a back seat anytime anytime the Igbo want to leave Nigeria..You SW should not victimized them anymore,rather you an d your kinsmen should be happy that they want out. At least they will leave you and your brothers in the north in peace..Maybe SW and the North can become good friends at least with peace in the land. I am not Igbo but i will support any course that will bring peace to the southern region as long as i live and not built castles in the air. Anyway when you grow up you will know better.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Ahmad Isah: Abba Kyari Shouldn’t Go Down For One Mistake / Who Among These Can You Trust With Your Money? / Nigerians React after President Buhari said he will win today(PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.