Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,939 members, 7,806,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:42 PM

I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram (1752 Views)

I'm Tired Of Blogging, Who Can Guide Me Through Any Other Online Biz / How To Open Blocked Sites On Google Chrome!!! / How to Fix ads.txt error message on Google AdSense Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 8:57am On Jan 17, 2020
I'm really trying to grow my new Instagram page (@kaysrapzone), but Instagram keep restricting me with Action Block (where you can't post, comment, or like messages for a period of time).

When I read up about this, I hear the reason for this is too much engagement on Instagram. It is said that the limit is 200 engagement in a day, but I don't think I engage (total of likes, comments, and, post) up to that on days I get blocked by Instagram. Maybe i get to about 70-80 engagement a day, but I doubt I get to 200. So, what am I doing wrong. The problem is Instagram won't tell you what exactly you did wrong.

Has anyone else ben experiencing this? How did you go around it. I would love any comments on this. Thanks.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 10:29am On Jan 17, 2020
This things is really frustrating me angry
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by SeunStats(m): 3:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Bro, i follow join. Infact am tired

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 4:22pm On Jan 17, 2020
SeunStats:
Bro, i follow join. Infact am tired

grin grin

The thing can be frustrating.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by CallMeDrino: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2020
kay29000:
I'm really trying to grow my new Instagram page (@kaysrapzone), but Instagram keep restricting me with Action Block (where you can't post, comment, or like messages for a period of time).

When I read up about this, I hear the reason for this is too much engagement on Instagram. It is said that the limit is 200 engagement in a day, but I don't think I engage (total of likes, comments, and, post) up to that on days I get blocked by Instagram. Maybe i get to about 70-80 engagement a day, but I doubt I get to 200. So, what am I doing wrong. The problem is Instagram won't tell you what exactly you did wrong.

Has anyone else ben experiencing this? How did you go around it. I would love any comments on this. Thanks.

Log out and login back
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 8:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
CallMeDrino:

Log out and login back

I did that twice, it didn't work. But I just tried to comment now, and the ban has been lifted. grin

I guess it was a 24 hour ban. I will be more careful from now on.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Tolzy11(m): 8:38pm On Jan 17, 2020
Wait till the next day.I experience the same thing

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2020
Tolzy11:
Wait till the next day.I experience the same thing

Thanks. It has happened again. I didn't even make up to 20 engagement sef. I tire. I have to wait for another 24 hours.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Banjousman(m): 9:51am On Apr 05, 2020
That shit is for those of us using glo.

Wehreh ni glo

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 2:59pm On Apr 07, 2020
Banjousman:
That shit is for those of us using glo.

Wehreh ni glo

Are you for real? Please explain further. I use Glo.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Nichesiteseo(m): 7:18am On Apr 09, 2020
kay29000:

It depends on a lot of factors such as

Account age

Number of followers

General activity

New account have more limitations than aged accounts.

Instagram also tracks your behavior and their algo can tell if you’re doing something unethical or unnatural. It’s unnatural to like 50 posts in 15 minutes.

The method you are using is ineffective and I wouldn’t do this if I was trying to grow an account.

You won’t get too far this way plus it just takes too much time and effort.

Better methods:

Use automation tools like Jarvee.

Learn how to hack hashtags. I post just 7 pictures a week, all automated, and a couple of carefully chosen hashtags (using the staggered method) and gain about 100-300 followers a week.

You can also just pay for followers. Look for relevant accounts and pay them to give you a shout out. Stick with story outs. More engagement from experience.

Usually cheap and effective. if you know how to find the right accounts. Yes it costs money but the return on investment is a no brainer in some cases if you are going to be monetizing your account eventually.

Paid shoutouts grew one of my account to 10k followers and I made 10x the money back in a little over two years.

P.S. I like your page.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 10:00am On Apr 09, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

It depends on a lot of factors such as

Account age

Number of followers

General activity

New account have more limitations than aged accounts.

Instagram also tracks your behavior and their algo can tell if you’re doing something unethical or unnatural. It’s unnatural to like 50 posts in 15 minutes.

The method you are using is ineffective and I wouldn’t do this if I was trying to grow an account.

You won’t get too far this way plus it just takes too much time and effort.

Better methods:

Use automation tools like Jarvee.

Learn how to hack hashtags. I post just 7 pictures a week, all automated, and a couple of carefully chosen hashtags (using the staggered method) and gain about 100-300 followers a week.

You can also just pay for followers. Look for relevant accounts and pay them to give you a shout out. Stick with story outs. More engagement from experience.

Usually cheap and effective. if you know how to find the right accounts. Yes it costs money but the return on investment is a no brainer in some cases if you are going to be monetizing your account eventually.

Paid shoutouts grew one of my account to 10k followers and I made 10x the money back in a little over two years.

P.S. I like your page.

Thanks.
I no longer get Action Blocked. I guess, cos as you said, my page is older now, and I have more followers. I had just about 200 followers when I was constantly getting action blocked, now I have over 1,000 followers. I post less now too, and limit my engagement on other people's pages.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Nichesiteseo(m): 5:17am On Apr 10, 2020
kay29000:

Thanks.
I no longer get Action Blocked. I guess, cos as you said, my page is older now, and I have more followers. I had just about 200 followers when I was constantly getting action blocked, now I have over 1,000 followers. I post less now too, and limit my engagement on other people's pages.

Glad it’s working now for you.

Are you planning on monetizing the account?

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 7:25am On Apr 10, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

Glad it’s working now for you.

Are you planning on monetizing the account?

Yes. But I plan to get to 10,000 followers before thinking of doing that.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Nichesiteseo(m): 9:37am On Apr 14, 2020
kay29000:

Yes. But I plan to get to 10,000 followers before thinking of doing that.

Don’t wait to start doing that.

You can plug a link in your bio to an email list.

You can start selling shout outs.

You can start selling a product/affiliating for one.

I have made money here and there even with low followers (I’m talking 50-100). So don’t wait till you have a huge following.

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 4:12pm On Apr 14, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

Don’t wait to start doing that.

You can plug a link in your bio to an email list.

You can start selling shout outs.

You can start selling a product/affiliating for one.

I have made money here and there even with low followers (I’m talking 50-100). So don’t wait till you have a huge following.

You have made money from 50-100 followers? Wow! That's interesting. Well, it depends on what niche your page is in.

Mine is a page about rappers. Anyway, I would go with option 2 on your list. I will start letting people know they can get shout outs on my page for fee. Thanks for this comment.
Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by Nichesiteseo(m): 6:43pm On Apr 14, 2020
kay29000:

You have made money from 50-100 followers? Wow! That's interesting. Well, it depends on what niche your page is in.

Mine is a page about rappers. Anyway, I would go with option 2 on your list. I will start letting people know they can get shout outs on my page for fee. Thanks for this comment.

You’ll need to get more followers to do shout outs. Since people are paying for exposure they will need to see you have significant following.

If I were going to do this with low following, and I wanted to take this seriously, I will sell my own product or affiliate for one.

My product could be merch.

Could be partnering up with a studio and maybe offer discount for studio time.

People will buy anything from you if it the offer is very relevant to them. They won’t necessarily care how many followers you have (though it helps with credibility).

1 Like

Re: I'm Tired Of Getting "Action Blocked" Message On Instagram by kay29000(m): 10:30am On Apr 15, 2020
Nichesiteseo:

You’ll need to get more followers to do shout outs. Since people are paying for exposure they will need to see you have significant following.

If I were going to do this with low following, and I wanted to take this seriously, I will sell my own product or affiliate for one.

My product could be merch.

Could be partnering up with a studio and maybe offer discount for studio time.

People will buy anything from you if it the offer is very relevant to them. They won’t necessarily care how many followers you have (though it helps with credibility).

Okay. Thanks for this information.

(1) (Reply)

Wordpress Problem (help) / Set Up Self Hosted Autoresponder Without Monthly Fee For Online Business / How To Make Money With Your Blog With Ease 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.