Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm (61991 Views)

Esn Vs Amotekun Who Go Run. / 'Zulum Demolished 11 Mosques And 4 Churches' - MURIC / Lekki Shooting: S.O Bello Who ‘Ordered’ Shooting Rejects Lagos Panel’s Summon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by CharlotteFlair: 9:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Sainttops:

So now Amotekun should be tag Christian body. I wonder why those attacking Muric are so baseless and hypocritical. Did the handler do the right thing by channeling recruitment criteria to church? We South West muslims demand fair opportunity and transparency in whatever form concerning Amotekun.
Where's the evidence? Something the man claimes was posted on social media.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by CharlotteFlair: 9:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kerfuffle:
What has Nairaland become!

Everyone immediately launched into attacking the Prof without verifying his claim. The question should be, is the claim made by the prof true or not?

Sick individuals everywhere.
One would have expected you to prove them wrong by showing us proof of such requirement as claimed by mumuric.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by CharlotteFlair: 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

It is 'proof' not 'prove' and he is not my murmuric. You just assume that I must be a muslim because I do not subscribe to christian-oriented bigotry? I am irreligious, that is why I don't hate. Ironically, I've noticed that it is those who most claim to love their neighbour that seem to hate him the most.
You didn't answer his question. Go back and edit your post.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Lastmankc(m): 9:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
Are you sure this fool is a professor? He speak like a tout with a lot of venom
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by AnanseK(m): 9:49pm On Jan 17, 2020
FemiMaduka:
Two things can be gleaned from this MURIC position:

willing tool' in their hands. Demographically, the Muslims of Yoruba nativity are a minority group in matters pertaining to Islam in Nigeria. So the Sardauna agenda is still much on course.

Though headed by a Yoruba man, its allegiance is to the Fulani caliphate and aristocracy. It was faced with the choice of either standing in solidarity with the Yoruba people in their time of grave distress (to life and subsistence) or supporting the Fulani expansionist agenda, and it has clearly chosen to pitch its tent with the Fulani at the detriment of the pride and wellbeing of the Yoruba nation.

Henceforth, the group should be treated deservedly.

You have not explained the recruitment with only church birth certificates , you went into the nonsensical Fulani hating rhetorics and the fabrication attributed to Sardauna by evil southern press.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by onenessone: 10:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Amotekun: Islamic group reveals why outfit will protect only Christians, warns governors

PRESS RELEASE:

AMOTEKUN: WHO ORDERED REGISTRATION IN CHURCHES?

Governors of the South West sub-region recently established a security outfit called ‘Amotekun’ (the leopard). However, an Islamic organization has raised the alarm over what it described as the attempt of the handlers of the new security outfit to accept birth certificates registered only in churches as one of the pre-requisites for eligibility for recruitment into the outfit.

This was the view expressed by Professor Ishaq Akintola, director of the Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC) in a statement issued early on Friday, 17th January, 2020.

“Let us make our stand on Amotekun clear from the beginning. MURIC is not allergic to any state or region taking steps aimed at rubber-cushioning the effect of the security challenges currently facing Nigeria. But the approach must be transparent, assuring and all-embracing. There must be evidence of good intention. The legitimacy or otherwise of Amotekun is not our focus. We leave that to the relevant federal authorities.

“We have no objection to Amotekun. But ‘good intention’ appears lacking in the preparations for it as a security unit that will complement the work of the conventional security agencies. It appears shrouded in secrecy while attempts are being made to marginalize Muslims in the recruitment exercise.

“Or how does one describe the social media advertisement in which applicants are being requested to bring birth certificates from the church. This is most outrageous. Amotekun has not started, but we are already seeing symptoms of Christianisation and Islamophobia. This does not look good enough. It is hard to believe but tell us sincerely: is this advertisement from the Amotekun handlers? Who ordered registration in churches and why?

“Are the job vacancies which Amotekun is certain to open meant for Christians only? Are the South West states declaring their state as Christian states? Are they joining Nyesome Wike of Rivers in a Christian enclave? Is Amotekun a secret Christian army? Only one out of the five governors in the region is a Muslim. Are the Christian governors ganging up to form a crusader militia?

“Why then must applicants bring birth certificates from churches? Are we sure that this will not be followed by a request for applicants to bring referral letters from pastors? Handlers of Amotekun owe us an explanation. It is after the explanation that we will also declare our next line of action. But right now all we can say is that there are trepidations among Muslims in the region.

“While we await the response of the organisers, we remind them that no security arrangement can succeed in any society without the active support of the people. To get the support of Muslims in the region, we need assurances. The Muslims must be carried along while recruitments being made must not result in lopsided appointments. Both Christians and Muslims must be palpably visible as officers and other ranks. Nobody should tell us that there are no capable Muslims to join those handling the recruitment exercise. There are more than enough retired military and police officers who are Muslims.

“Apart from the issue of Christianisation of Amotekun, we are strongly of the opinion that the security outfit will perform better if it avoids stereotyping any particular people. Governors in the sub-region have the task of deradicalisation on their hands. Amotekun operatives must not be seen targeting non-indigenes of the area. Amotekun must not be turned into a tool of intimidation. Igbo, Itsekiri, Igbira, Hausa, Fulani, etc who reside in the sub-region must not be stigmatized in any form. The operatives must remember that the Yoruba are also spread all over Nigeria. They must not trigger any tit-for-tat scenario.”

Professor Ishaq Akintola,
Director,
Muslim Rights Concern (MURIC)

Arant Nonsense
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by delpee(f): 10:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
Since when did Churches start issuing birth certificates?
How does that relate to Amotekun which comprises of mainly hunters, agbekoyas and local vigilantes? They’re obviously a mix of Muslims, Christians and traditionalists. Gani Adams is a Muslim. The head of Agbekoyas name is Raji.

Muric should go and rest biko. He doesn’t know what people are going through in the villages and farms especially.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Shuugar98(f): 10:32pm On Jan 17, 2020
this terrorist is playing the card to divide we Yorubas...but this terrorist has already fail because we Omo Oluwabi can see through his lies..he has not issue any statement to condemn killer herdsmen but he can talk against Amotekun.. Ara loma pa Ishaq Eru fulani Omo Ale jati jati

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by myobjective: 10:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
Madas1986:

Spare me that trash u are saying all dis just to get many like on ur comment devoted Muslim indeed

What is your problem?
Do you know Fulani herdsmen don't discriminate the religion of the victim?

Do you know that this is just an attempt to stop the Yoruba from having a united front?

Most of you here are ignorant and fail to see the bigger picture, no matter how hard you try, Yoruba will always be united a group.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Benprass(m): 10:44pm On Jan 17, 2020
Wait oo is it that majority of the Muslim leaders are full nonsense, crap, and they are as dull as cow, look his face like hamatten

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Benprass(m): 10:46pm On Jan 17, 2020
Wait oo is it that majority of the Muslim leaders are full of nonsense, crap, and they are as dull as cow, look his face like hamatten
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Longman180(m): 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Anthonyola111: 11:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
This man is just professing nonsense,agent of darkness .
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Legendguru: 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
Muric should shut up and secure their northern part whichever way it suites them
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Mrexcell(m): 12:29am On Jan 18, 2020
Racoon:
Amotekun: Islamic group reveals why outfit will protect only Christians, warns governors

http://muslimrightsmuric..com/2020/01/amotekun-who-ordered-registration-in.html?m=1

This muric man is doing a very impressive job for the fulani caliphate in SW I heard he was rewarded with a #24m Jeep recently.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Stakekay1(m): 12:37am On Jan 18, 2020
Can't there be Christian right group to keep this guy in check? DSS allow this idiot to be inciting religious crisis without caution. Nigeria is in serious mess.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by toplinetrtrend: 12:59am On Jan 18, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Lol its only nairaland that this man popular. Common S.A to the governor don't recognize him not to talk on governor.

I hope you know that Amotekun indicates that buhari has failed to provide security? I hope you know this means that buahri has failed in his electoral promises?
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by BuhariAdvocate: 1:41am On Jan 18, 2020
He failed but you are still alive.
toplinetrtrend:

I hope you know that Amotekun indicates that buhari has failed to provide security? I hope you know this means that buahri has failed in his electoral promises?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 2:32am On Jan 18, 2020
Osagyefo98:

What he said is deep and past experiences adds to it.

That is to say that he has inner info and what is about to happen or what is been hatched.
that man has no interest in any tribe protection but rather speak for his Muslim people.... Like you pointed out earlier ,when the Igbos were attacked during election in Lagos, why didnt he speak against it...
Don't be deceive... That man is a puppet ...watch him from now on
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 2:35am On Jan 18, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
He failed but you are still alive.
the genocide against Tutsi by Hutus in 1994 in Rwanda does not mean all Tutsi were killed
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 2:46am On Jan 18, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

That is what I asked. I want to assume that he must have seen some circular somewhere and I want to confirm its contents.

As for the rest of it, I have abandoned hatred and bigotry since I left Christianity behind. My respect for people is dictated only by their character, credibility and attitude, not by their vulgarity or bigotry. If the man made a false complaint concerning the alleged request for a Church birth certificate, I will know not to believe his words next time. For now, it remains unconfirmed; and your insults do not prove anything either way; beyond your poor taste in language of course.
i will be waiting for you to confirm ...and that respect verified... You must not change this moniker
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 2:52am On Jan 18, 2020
Kerfuffle:
What has Nairaland become!

Everyone immediately launched into attacking the Prof without verifying his claim. The question should be, is the claim made by the prof true or not?

Sick individuals everywhere.
do you have any proof ... The deranged man doesn't have any proof ... He just came to spew religious emotions among the people
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:06am On Jan 18, 2020
T4kbaba:

You are abusing your father. Can't you reason for a second and try to read and digest the article. Is it right to accept only birth certificate issue by churches. Hypocrite!!
has the Muric leader brought forward evidence of such requirement? If he has no proof , he must be mad for bring up such a divisive comment.... I pity Yorubas that this man is using religion affliction to divide... Their case will be like the old Ilorin saga
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Madas1986:
But still your brain also need reset or are you so myopic not to see how all these xtian in this plateform are supporting their own
i expect the Muric professor to attach evidence of the birth certificate from churches to his statement...

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:19am On Jan 18, 2020
Madas1986:
Whether Amotekun or not Amotefool Northern will alway be at the top as long as Nigeria Affair is concern.
you are deceiving yourself ....things are fast changing.
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:24am On Jan 18, 2020
Sainttops:

So now Amotekun should be tag Christian body. I wonder why those attacking Muric are so baseless and hypocritical. Did the handler do the right thing by channeling recruitment criteria to church? We South West muslims demand fair opportunity and transparency in whatever form concerning Amotekun.
did the Muric professor have evidence to that claim? Don't just follow like zoneb
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:30am On Jan 18, 2020
fraymite:
We all know how lopsided recruitment process is in Nigeria. He only wish for the recruitment process to represent citizens of South West. We don't want candidate slots from pastors or church leaders as allege. Let us address the issue he mentioned rather than cover up with hate.
remember he did not attach evidence of his claim... Someone is playing on your emotions .... A lot unseen forces are behind all these... I pity the yorubas...Hisban was created long time ago .....no noise ... Here yorubas are already bring division to theirs.... What a pity
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Fourwinds: 3:35am On Jan 18, 2020
Siralgebra04:

Don't pretend like u don't know. Churches issue birth certificate if u request for it.
it is a lie... No such certificate is valid... Have you ever seen such being used as a criteria to gain admission
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by Wendybrown(f): 6:52am On Jan 18, 2020
WELEBOO:
Are Christian's enlisted in Hisbah police huuuuuuuumm

good question
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by EjaikreTheViper(f): 7:17am On Jan 18, 2020
Olalan:
How did we get here as a nation?

shut ur mouth there!
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by EjaikreTheViper(f): 7:19am On Jan 18, 2020
babyfaceafrica:
This man has serious issues.. No sane person should reply him

u better shut up there! see person wey dey lick buhari yansh. ewu!
Re: Amotekun: Who Ordered Registration In Churches? - MURIC Raises Alarm by EjaikreTheViper(f): 7:21am On Jan 18, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Lol its only nairaland that this man popular. Common S.A to the governor don't recognize him not to talk on governor.

close dat smelly mouth fast fast!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

APC To Punish Tinubu Over Utterances Against Buhari / Photo: Compare Wike Vs Amaechi's Wife / Police Introduces New Uniforms For SARS (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.