Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,489 members, 7,808,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

Arriving Australia For The First Time - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Arriving Australia For The First Time (15336 Views)

Man Mourns Girlfriend Who Died In An Accident 11 Days After Arriving Nigeria / Nigerians Arriving Dubai Are Detained And Their Passports Seized (Video) / Drunk Driver Kills Nigerian Man 6 Weeks After Arriving In The US (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Froshloaded: 7:46pm On Oct 12, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

You can get any job provided u are qualified for it. But first, as a student u have no Australian qualification, and white-collar job would likely interfere with ur studies as it runs 8-4pm. So ur best bet is to look for jobs with flexible hours till u conclude studies..

Oh ok
Thanks bro.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Tochie2o19: 8:55pm On Oct 12, 2020
You can get any job provided u are qualified for it. But first, as a student u have no Australian qualification, and white-collar job would likely interfere with ur studies as it runs 8-4pm. So ur best bet is to look for jobs with flexible hours till u conclude studies.. [/quote]

Pls, somebody who is a technician, like a plumber for instance, does he stand a chance of going to Australia and getting a plumbing job there. I'll appreciate your response.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Venquire: 2:09am On Oct 13, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

I am a civil engineer back in Nigeria.
For job sites, u can check through Seek, Indeed, LinkedIn, and adzuna.

Thanks. I appreciate.

How much is an average house rent and how is it paid (per week or per month)

$24 per hour is $960 in 5 days (If one works for 8 hours daily)

Will this $960 comfortably pay the bills?

Have you experienced racism in any form?
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 5:51am On Oct 13, 2020
Venquire:

Thanks. I appreciate.

How much is an average house rent and how is it paid (per week or per month)

$24 per hour is $960 in 5 days (If one works for 8 hours daily)
Will this $960 comfortably pay the bills?

Have you experienced racism in any form?

Mostly, rents are paid forthnighly, same with salaries. Rent is relative and varies with location, quality and age of house. You can get a good 3bedroom for 360-400/week. And this can be share between 3 people. Or u get an all ensuite 2bedroom for $300 and share for $150/week.

I have not really seen racism thrown at me, maybe cos I don't even have time to reason it. But might occasionally see subtle racism, but them, it's nothing to worry about..

$24/hr is one of the smallest u earn, you should get more than that in most factory work. And u must pay tax, it also varies according to ur earning. If u earn very low, you won't be charged tax at all.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Tochie2o19: 9:38am On Oct 13, 2020
Please experienced ones, I'm a plumber, what chance do stand. Please help.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Craggybogg: 9:55am On Oct 13, 2020
Please Anyone with an Ideal on how to seek Asylum Visa in Australia, and How to perfectly write the appeal Letter, Anyone Please Reply
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Brawlscartel(m): 11:18am On Oct 13, 2020
Craggybogg:
Please Anyone with an Ideal on how to seek Asylum Visa in Australia, and How to perfectly write the appeal Letter, Anyone Please Reply
Nawa oooo Nigerians will never stop

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2020
Tochie2o19:

You can get any job provided u are qualified for it. But first, as a student u have no Australian qualification, and white-collar job would likely interfere with ur studies as it runs 8-4pm. So ur best bet is to look for jobs with flexible hours till u conclude studies..

Pls, somebody who is a technician, like a plumber for instance, does he stand a chance of going to Australia and getting a plumbing job there. I'll appreciate your response.

I doubt u will be able to get a job straight away. U will need a licence to practice ur craft. So U will have to be retrained and undergo apprenticeship before. But ur retraining will be faster and yes, u can get a job sooner than a fresher.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:48pm On Oct 13, 2020
Craggybogg:
Don't waste ur time.

2 Likes

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Craggybogg: 4:51pm On Oct 13, 2020
What do you mean by I should not waste my time, Please Explain!

1 Like

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 11:45pm On Oct 13, 2020
Craggybogg:
What do you mean by I should not waste my time, Please Explain!
Have u seen anyone coming to Australia with such visa in recent time? The last time such visa saw a massive entry to Australia was during the North and Southern Sudan war, and majority of those Sudanese who migrated to Australia didn't leave a good record, they started forming gangs and causing havoc in Melbourne, etc. Nigeria is not at war, and even if it is, the population of Australia now is 25m and I don't think they want it to grow further.
You will just waste money for nothing and it will most likely be rejected. They reject visa easily, especially when u just apply for applying sake.

If u have the right skill, try the skilled migration process. Or u come as a student and from there find ur way.

It's easier to be here and seek Asylum on the basis of conflict at home, rather than from overseas

3 Likes

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by UCHDR: 3:45am On Oct 14, 2020
[quote author=Triggerdaclub post=87122575]Please guys.
I need your candid advise.
I'm a medical doctor wanting to do Masters in Australia.

Check for graduate entry nursing program and once you are given admission, you are good to go. Nursing is in high demand globally not just in Australia . Personal opinion now, why can't you give uk a trial as doctor. You get your fellowship in UK easily and migrate to Australia in a grand way. But if age isn't on your side then follow your plan.

https://www.ecu.edu.au/degrees/courses/master-of-nursing-graduate-entry
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Tochie2o19: 8:15am On Oct 14, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

I doubt u will be able to get a job straight away. U will need a licence to practice ur craft. So U will have to be retrained and undergo apprenticeship before. But ur retraining will be faster and yes, u can get a job sooner than a fresher.

I'm not actually demanding to get a job immediately, I've watched many YouTube videos about their style of plumbing which is slightly different from our method, so yes I know I must undergo some form of training there b4 practicing and I'll be ready to do it if I eventually enter there. But my only problem now is, how do I go about it?(the process of going there). I am a weac holder, 34 by age, still single, I have practice plumbing work for 11yrs and have also worked for the state government (under water sector) for about 10yrs now. I don't know if these informations can help in any. I really need help on this. Thanks to u all.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Nobody: 8:44am On Oct 14, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Mostly, rents are paid forthnighly, same with salaries. Rent is relative and varies with location, quality and age of house. You can get a good 3bedroom for 360-400/week. And this can be share between 3 people. Or u get an all ensuite 2bedroom for $300 and share for $150/week.

I have not really seen racism thrown at me, maybe cos I don't even have time to reason it. But might occasionally see subtle racism, but them, it's nothing to worry about..

$24/hr is one of the smallest u earn, you should get more than that in most factory work. And u must pay tax, it also varies according to ur earning. If u earn very low, you won't be charged tax at all.
Please I want to ask you something about churches over there
You know here in Nigeria there is weekly programs in most churches is it like that over there .1
Do white people take church very serious like we do here .2
Thanks
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Craggybogg: 4:46pm On Oct 14, 2020
Please can we have a little WhatsApp chats
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:24am On Oct 15, 2020
ZIINI:

Please I want to ask you something about churches over there
You know here in Nigeria there is weekly programs in most churches is it like that over there .1
Do white people take church very serious like we do here .2
Thanks
Some people are religious, some are not.
While many has no interest in Godly things, many are born again Christains. And yeah, I attend Sunday churches and Wednesday Bible studies. And our pastors and preachers are whites..Dont let people deceive u. Human behaviour is same everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 4:33am On Oct 15, 2020
Tochie2o19:

I'm not actually demanding to get a job immediately, I've watched many YouTube videos about their style of plumbing which is slightly different from our method, so yes I know I must undergo some form of training there b4 practicing and I'll be ready to do it if I eventually enter there. But my only problem now is, how do I go about it?(the process of going there). I am a weac holder, 34 by age, still single, I have practice plumbing work for 11yrs and have also worked for the state government (under water sector) for about 10yrs now. I don't know if these informations can help in any. I really need help on this. Thanks to u all.

Ur chances are slim. Very slim.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Froshloaded: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2020
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Pouweh(f): 10:33am On Oct 15, 2020
some people sha �� no go ask better question asylum kor, refugee ni
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Goodman247: 11:35am On Oct 15, 2020
Pouweh:
some people sha �� no go ask better question
asylum kor, refugee ni
he is looking for possible way to japa

1 Like

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Tochie2o19: 2:53pm On Oct 15, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Ur chances are slim. Very slim.

Please can u throw more light. I want to know if I am pursuing this or looking for another country where I can go work, because no matter what, I'm going out. Thanks anyways.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:11am On Oct 16, 2020
Tochie2o19:

Please can u throw more light. I want to know if I am pursuing this or looking for another country where I can go work, because no matter what, I'm going out. Thanks anyways.
Looking at the Pathways to Australia, ur age and skill level place u at a major disadvantage. I can't seem to phantom any visa u can come with..

Unless u wanna come thru a student visa and from there get married to a citizen or some other thing.

1 Like

Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Tochie2o19: 12:31pm On Oct 16, 2020
Mailthaddeus:

Looking at the Pathways to Australia, ur age and skill level place u at a major disadvantage. I can't seem to phantom any visa u can come with..

Unless u wanna come thru a student visa and from there get married to a citizen or some other thing.

Sorry if I'm bugging you guys with questions, I want to know if I decide to tow the path of school. will it be possible if I enter National open University of Nigeria, school for a year and decide to do the student visa. Will I be good to go? Please I just wanna get all the possible info on this. Thanks always.
Re: Arriving Australia For The First Time by Mailthaddeus(m): 12:40am On Oct 17, 2020
Tochie2o19:

Sorry if I'm bugging you guys with questions, I want to know if I decide to tow the path of school. will it be possible if I enter National open University of Nigeria, school for a year and decide to do the student visa. Will I be good to go? Please I just wanna get all the possible info on this. Thanks always.

Switch schools as how? Is there an affiliation btw schools in Nigeria and Australia? Take out time to read about migration options to Australia. Having a degree won't even land u here, u must have a skill that is highly needed and u must also gett the point needed before u will be considered.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerians In Ukraine: Numbers To Call For Help, FG Assures 24-hour Accessibility / There Is No Cause For Alarm Over Iddo Overhead Bridge - FMPWH / Any One In New Zealand And Living There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.